[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
Modi is PM again.

BJP has more seats than entire INDI alliance.

BJP isn't facing any elections in UP for 3 years.

BJP won a new state

Bangalore South is a tough fight for the BJP this time. It's been a bastion for over 30 years, but chota Modi, Tejasvi Surya might go down this time. Sowmya Reddy, former Congress MLA, recently lost by < 20votes due to Tejasvi's shady dealings, including multiple recounts until the result went in the BJP's favour. She is now back for revenge, this time as an MP contestant. The fact that a BJP bastion is looking shaky, shows how poor Surya has been.

Surya will lose despite his BJP MLA uncle's biggest effortsS :dhoni

Hahaha threatened it seems.
Surya Bhai won again with a massive margin of 2.7 Lakh votes :D . I told you he is the first one who would open the account in Bangalore for the BJP.
North - The new one is a hardliner lady from the coastal belt. Has faced resistance from local leaders due to being an outsider. The Congress candidate is from my school - basically, educated and intelligent :sneaky:. Also a former IIM prof.
Your intellectual schoolmate lost to a new lady by a margin of 2.6 Lakh votes :LOL:

Rural - from Congress is DK Shivakumar's brother. Don't shiver at the name of DK. It's his brother here lol. Strong candidate and currently the only seat the Congress managed to win from Karnataka in 2019. His competitor is a well-known cardiologist and the son-in-law of ex-PM Deve Gowda. Funnily, this doc is contesting as a BJP candidate and not from the JD(S) lol.

How's the josh, bro? Has the shivering stopped? DK brothers spent more than anyone in India in this election.
Yet, DK Suresh lost by a margin of 2.7 Lakh votes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BJP completely swept in Bangalore. I like your swag with the MSD icons. Keep it up!

@Cover Drive Six Annamalai lol. What did I tell you.
What did you say?
@Cover Drive Six How's the South Indian firebrand Annamalai looking bro?

No excuses ok. He's contesting from a traditional NDA stronghold which has had communal tensions ever since Advani's time. So win guaranteed?
I've mentioned before, bro, it's not easy for him. My prediction is that he will lose in a close triangular fight. DMK might win.

He's not over-ambitious; all he expects is a double-digit vote share, a first-time occurrence in TN history.
He says that while getting anti-DMK, anti-AIADMK votes may help in the short term, he's not interested in that. He wants to establish BJP on its own, even if it takes some time. He has a vision for the long term.

Even though Dravidian parties are abusing/mocking him, he addresses them very respectfully in every interview.

DMK candidate, Ganapathy, is a former Coimbatore mayor and postgraduate.
AIADMK candidate is Singai Ramachandran, an IIM graduate.
BJP candidate is Annamalai, an IIM graduate and IPS officer.

That was your question, and I have answered it previously. I never said Annamalai is going to win.
I said many times that he would lose in a triangular contest, but the BJP's vote share would touch double digits.
That is exactly what happened. I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

Surya Bhai won again with a massive margin of 2.7 Lakh votes :D . I told you he is the first one who would open the account in Bangalore for the BJP.

Your intellectual schoolmate lost to a new lady by a margin of 2.6 Lakh votes :LOL:

How's the josh, bro? Has the shivering stopped? DK brothers spent more than anyone in India in this election.
Yet, DK Suresh lost by a margin of 2.7 Lakh votes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BJP completely swept in Bangalore. I like your swag with the MSD icons. Keep it up!
Good to see you have recovered enough to finally at least write meaningful sentences :dhoni

I was unsure about Rajeev Gowda winning because I felt he was too intellectual to impress the masses.

Surya was a bad loss, but it's my mistake. I completely got carried away and ignored the demographics of South Bangalore.

PC Mohan - I said he's controversy free and no reasonable sign of anti incumbency.

Chikkballapur - I pointed to MLA Vishwanath's abilities in getting support.

DK's brother :cry:

Happy?

Bhakts finding their voice again after Naidu's tweet :ROFLMAO:

From 400 paar to Modi will get majority on his own to chewing their underwear waiting for help from allies :dhoni

DK's brother :cry:

Happy?
Happy ;)
I knew that BJP would lose some seats in the North and gain in the South. That's why I always maintained that BJP might not form the government on their own this time.
Good to see you have recovered enough to finally at least write meaningful sentences :dhoni
Recovered from what? You were the one who posted a hundred times, 'Modi won't be PM.' 'Modi won't be PM after the June4th, he will go back to Gujarat and jail, blah blah...' lol.

He is going to be PM for the third time. I hope you recover from this.

Happy ;)
I knew that BJP would lose some seats in the North and gain in the South. That's why I always maintained that BJP might not form the government on their own this time.

Recovered from what? You were the one who posted a hundred times, 'Modi won't be PM.' 'Modi won't be PM after the June4th, he will go back to Gujarat and jail, blah blah...' lol.

He is going to be PM for the third time. I hope you recover from this.
First let him take Ishwar's name no :dhoni

Why are you getting so excited. You should control excitement that rises from the depths of despair. It's dangerous.

Should Modi become PM, I have a new one. He will not complete his term. Now chew on that.

Someone tell him that the Lord Balaji (Avatar of Lord Ram) from AP and Lord Jagannath from Odisha have blessed Modi to be PM for 3rd time:ROFLMAO:

If only Indi supporters had this much akal.

Wait for 5-6 months. BJP will start its Hindutva agenda.

First let him take Ishwar's name no :dhoni

Why are you getting so excited. You should control excitement that rises from the depths of despair. It's dangerous.

Should Modi become PM, I have a new one. He will not complete his term. Now chew on that.
Hey bro, ha ha, now you've started a new wish list, huh? Nice:)

He is not that bad a person, it also shows how seriously he takes his job.

He manipulated the stock market to make money for his friends and bosses.

You should see the belt treatment given to him by the Congress spokesperson. Forget his name. The same guy who had a case against him for calling Modi Gautamdas.

It was glorious. Gupta looked like he'd cry again.

If only Indi supporters had this much akal.

Wait for 5-6 months. BJP will start its Hindutva agenda.
You have zero clue about the mindset of the average Hindu. Unsurprising, because most bhakts have zero clue about their religion.

Hindutva card is done. It's maxed out. Over. Khel khatam dukan band :dhoni

I will only say this much to you.
In real life, I wouldn't even talk to someone like you :dhoni
I take offence to that, considering I am an Italian supporter like you....

:dhoni

Italia italia Italia..

Only reason why you decided to come back here is because the margin of victory for BJP wasn't as big as the exit poll suggested.

You started crying and panicking when you saw the exit polls 😂

BTW what happened ???

spaaaarrttttaaaaaannnssss

Remember the nameeee

The wheel is turning,

I thought our 5 year old Raul Puppu was going to rule the roost?????

Did our Italian end up under the wheel that turned ?. Heard ammayi Sonya's party only got around 90 odd votes on their own :sanga

Modi's personal margin went down by almost 3.5 lakh votes in Varanasi, lost Ayodhya - lol it's apparently called Faizabad for election purposes - shame Yogiji hahahaha
I feel so bad and rejected.

Bhakts will tag me, quote me everywhere else. But they refuse to quote this post of mine :cry:

I feel so bad and rejected.

Bhakts will tag me, quote me everywhere else. But they refuse to quote this post of mine :cry:
So what, bro?
He is going to be PM for the 3rd time. Earlier, you said Modi won't be PM and he will be jailed, and now you are finding different excuses to make yourself happy. Why do you expect someone to take you seriously and reply when you keep switching goalposts?

We will decide on the PM candidate tomorrow - Uddhav Thackeray.

Decide on whom? Pappu or Hippopotamus? :LOL:
For what LOL ? A few extra seats and these guys have lost all sense of balance. Back to opposition or maybe he meant leader of the opposition post. Now see the tussle for this post lol !

For what LOL ? A few extra seats and these guys have lost all sense of balance. Back to opposition or maybe he meant leader of the opposition post. Now see the tussle for this post lol !
These guys are already acting like they are in power, and everyone is making statements like they have won with a landslide victory... lol.

:ROFLMAO:

GPQQ9m2aEAA711h

See who is talking.

The Congress, that came to power with 145 seats, is saying the BJP has no right to come to power with 245 seats.

His excuse is: 240 seats (or so) won by the BJP is a resounding defeat for the party which went into the election with 303 seats and set for itself a target of 370 seats :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
He manipulated the stock market to make money for his friends and bosses.

You should see the belt treatment given to him by the Congress spokesperson. Forget his name. The same guy who had a case against him for calling Modi Gautamdas.

It was glorious. Gupta looked like he'd cry again.

What belt treatment? Congress doesn't even have 100 seats.

Mamta di has lost her senses - she's already sulking on pappu & Congress LOL ! Says Modi should should resign bcos he couldnt take NDA to "400".. LOL - what logic is this ?? And this alliance is cure of India's ills - am flabbergasted !

Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress will try to keep the Bharatiya Janata Party led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah out of the next government at the Centre, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Tuesday. A...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/electi...gnation-while-airing-sulks-with-india-3052888

:D

You have zero clue about the mindset of the average Hindu. Unsurprising, because most bhakts have zero clue about their religion.

Hindutva card is done. It's maxed out. Over. Khel khatam dukan band :dhoni

You worry about Bangalore. BJP has got 5 out of 5 seats there.

BJP is the SLP.

BJP has more seats than than entire congress alliance. 😂

Hindutva hasn't even started properly and people just reminded BJP that BJP needs to stick to it.

With 100 Seats, Congress Set For Biggest Tally Since 2014

The Congress could win 100 Lok Sabha seats in this election - after winning just 44 in 2014 and 52 in 2019. The last time the party boasted a triple-digit score was in 2009 when it won 206 seats and propelled former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the United Progressive Alliance to a second term.

At 11 pm the Congress had won 85 seats - including the Amethi bastion in Uttar Pradesh it lost to the BJP's Smriti Irani in the 2019 election - across the country and was leading in 14 others.

And the party-led INDIA bloc - set up in June 2023 to beat Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his BJP-led National Democratic Alliance - was ahead in 232, which is short of its claim of 295.

The NDA was leading in 292 seats; the ruling party had quickly surged past the halfway mark of 272 in early leads as counting began (starting with postal ballots) but slowed down as the hours went by.

At 11 pm the BJP, on its own, had won 221 - well short of its target of 370 - and was leading in 19. The party had set its NDA partners a target of 30 more seats which, interestingly, they have delivered.

Prime Minister Modi, therefore, is set for a historic third term, but the BJP's hope of crossing the 400-seat mark - something only the Congress has done - has hit an INDIA wall.

So what about mango man party AAP? How have they fared?
Someone here once said their leader is the best alternative to Modi. :inti

I think he has already surrendered to jail auauthorities.
Now that Elections are over and Congress got what they wanted with an alliance with AAP. Italians will most likely abandon Kerjirwal as AAP was a threat to be a Congress alternative..

Italians would want Kejirwal to remain in jail probably till AAP has been totally dismantled.....

Rape-accused ruling alliance MP loses seat​

Prajwal Revanna, an MP from the southern state of Karnataka, lost his bid to be re-elected from Hassan seat.
Mr Revanna, grandson of former Indian prime minister HD Deve Gowda, is accused of rape and sexual abuse but has denied the allegations against him.

He was the ruling NDA alliance's candidate from Hassan and lost to Congress's Shreyas M Patel by more than 46,000 votes.

The former lawmaker had fled the country in April after thousands of videos of the alleged sexual abuse circulated in Hassan days before the constituency was due to vote.

Police in India arrested him last week after he returned from Germany to the southern Indian city of Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore).

BBC

India election results: Big wins, losses and surprises

With all of India’s 640 million votes counted following the country’s six-week-long election, the world’s – and history’s – largest democratic exercise has thrown up some big surprises.

The governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has won 240 seats, falling short of the 272-seat mark that signifies a majority in the Lok Sabha, the lower house of India’s Parliament, which has 543 seats in all. With its allies, the BJP has still secured a majority, winning 283 seats.

The opposition INDIA alliance, led by the Indian National Congress party, has won 223 seats.

These numbers contrast sharply with 2019 results when the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) won 353 seats, 303 of which were bagged by the BJP alone.

At the heart of this shift was a series of political tremors that appear to have reshaped India’s political landscape.

Al Jazeera is tracking some of the biggest surprises and upsets as they unfold.

Uttar Pradesh: A tight Varanasi race and the rise of SP

Uttar Pradesh (UP), a state governed by the BJP since 2017, has a total of 80 parliamentary constituencies. Being India’s most populous state with more than 240 million people, it holds the key to determining who governs in New Delhi. Moreover, both Modi and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi are contesting elections from different constituencies in the state.

In 2019, the NDA won 64 seats, of which the BJP alone grabbed 62. The Congress won only one seat, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) won 10 and the Samajwadi Party (SP) won five.

But the 2024 outcome looks very different. The SP won 37 seats and the Congress six – totalling 43 for the INDIA alliance.

The BJP, meanwhile, won 33 seats with its allies ahead in three other seats. Most stunningly, the BJP lost in Faizabad constituency, which is home to the Ram temple in Ayodhya, which Modi consecrated in January. The temple – built on the ruins of the Babri Mosque, which was demolished by a Hindu mob in 1992 – was a centrepiece of the BJP’s campaign.

Political analyst and Hindi professor Apoorvanand told Al Jazeera that the partnership between the SP and the Congress worked better this time than in the past, adding that the chemistry between SP leader Akhilesh Yadav and Gandhi was stronger “and it perforated downwards”.

Besides securing its usual voter base, which consists of Muslims and the Yadav community, the SP expanded into other marginalised communities, Apoorvanand said. He added that growing discontent with the BJP among those below the age of 35 also contributed, making the party lose its influence in the northern state.

“I’ve been talking to the youth of all parts of UP, and they are angry with the BJP,” he added. He explained that this was due to the mismatch between the illusion of a utopia of a Hindu nation that the BJP tried to emphasise, even as the reality of rising unemployment hit voters.

“People wondered what is the point of a whole utopia of a Hindu nation if they cannot live in dignity,” he said.

In Modi’s constituency, Varanasi, Congress candidate Ajay Rai appears to have significantly eaten into the prime minister’s 2019 victory margin. Modi won the seat by 500,000 votes five years ago. This time, his margin of victory was 152,000 votes.

By contrast, Gandhi won Rae Bareli, his constituency, by 390,000 votes.

In nearby Amethi, the BJP’s Smriti Irani also lost to the Congress’s Kishori Lal. In 2019, Irani had won the Gandhi family bastion, unseating Rahul Gandhi, who had held the seat since 2014, by 55,000 votes.

West Bengal: Trinamool holds its fort

The key eastern state is currently governed by the opposition All India Trinamool Congress party, commonly known as TMC, a reluctant member of the INDIA alliance.

The BJP made a significant improvement in the 2019 elections compared with 2014, bagging 19 of West Bengal’s 42 parliamentary seats. The TMC won 22 while the Congress got two seats.

In advance of counting, exit polls had predicted the BJP could win a vast majority of the state’s seats, reducing the TMC’s numbers.

But on Tuesday, those predictions turned out to be inaccurate. The TMC won 29 seats with the BJP winning only 12. The Congress won the remaining seat.

Kerala: How the BJP breached its final frontier

The southern state has long been a bastion of the left where the BJP, with its Hindu majoritarian politics, has struggled to win.

That changed this year when the party’s Suresh Gopi won by a margin of 74,686 votes in the Thrissur constituency and became the BJP’s first Lok Sabha parliamentarian from Kerala.

The Congress won 14 seats in the southern state.

So how did the BJP do this? In part, political analyst Apoorvanand said, by “aligning and trying to collaborate with the Islamophobic elements within the Christian communities in Kerala”.

Hindus make up 55 percent of the state’s population, followed by Muslims at 27 percent and Christians at 18 percent. Together, the two minority groups make up nearly half of the population, making them formidable forces in elections.

But in recent years, the BJP, in addition to wooing the Hindu vote, has tried to win over sections of the Christian vote by presenting the state’s Muslims as a threat, its critics said.

Apoorvanand pointed to the conspiracy theory of “love jihad”, which suggests that Muslim men are deliberately marrying women from Hindu and Christian communities to convert them to Islam. The conspiracy theory has been widely debunked. But as Apoorvanand pointed out, it “originated from Kerala” and some members of the Christian clergy have amplified it.

‘Politics of humiliation’: How the BJP lost Maharashtra plot

The BJP and its allies suffered big losses in the western state of Maharashtra as the Congress and its partners made key gains.

The opposition INDIA alliance – which includes the Congress, Shiv Sena and the SP – won 30 of the state’s 48 seats. The Congress alone won seats while the BJP won nine.

These results are not surprising, according to Apoorvanand, even though exit polls had predicted a big win for the BJP and its allies in the state.

Apoorvanand attributed the outcome to “the way BJP performed in the past five years, humiliating parties and state leaders”. He said the BJP’s “politics of humiliation” bred discontent for the party among voters.

Traditionally, the BJP has partnered with the regional Shiv Sena party. But over the past five years, that alliance broke down, and critics accused the BJP of orchestrating a fracture within the Shiv Sena.

“That was the last thing the people of Maharashtra could bear,” Apoorvanand said. “What we are expecting in Maharashtra applies to the rest of India, which is some kind of normalcy in politics.”

Karnataka: BJP bent, not broken

In 2019, the BJP won 25 of Karnataka’s 28 parliamentary constituencies while two other NDA-affiliated candidates also won. The Congress won just one seat.

Although the Congress won elections for the state legislature last year, exit polls had predicted a repeat of the 2019 results, especially with the BJP also tying up with the regional Janata Dal (Secular) party.

However, this year, while the BJP emerged as the biggest winner, it won only 17 seats. The JD(S) won in two constituencies and the Congress won 10 seats.

“The stronghold of the BJP still remains in coastal states such as Mangalore [Mangaluru], where they have not lost ground,” Apoorvanand said. The key takeaway? “The BJP base is eroded but has not completely lost influence,” he said.

Karnataka is crucial for the BJP – it is the only southern state that Modi’s party has ever won.

ALJAZEERA

Lol, looks like feku has forgotten Lord Shri Ram so early. In his 'victory' speech, he said Jai Jagannath & Bharat Mata Ki Jai and not Jai Shri Ram.

Didn't mention UP and MH even once.

Key BJP ally heads to Delhi for ruling alliance meeting​

We have heard from N Chandrababu Naidu, whose Telugu Desam Party (TDP) is part of the BJP-led NDA bloc - he will be in Delhi later today to meet coalition leaders.

As we have reported, the TDP is crucial for the stability of Mr Modi's government as the BJP alone does not have the 272 MPs needed to stay in power.

Mr Naidu did not directly comment on the formation of the government but said: "We are in NDA, I’m going to the NDA meeting."

"I am experienced and have seen several political changes in this country," he added.

The TDP-BJP alliance also swept the state elections, which were held in Andhra Pradesh alongside the national election. The TDP also emerged as the party with the most parliamentary seats (16) in the state, while the BJP won 3.

"I am very glad for the support of the voters," he said.

BBC

You worry about Bangalore. BJP has got 5 out of 5 seats there.

BJP is the SLP.

BJP has more seats than than entire congress alliance. 😂

Hindutva hasn't even started properly and people just reminded BJP that BJP needs to stick to it.
From 400 paar to SLP hahaha.

Modi's performance in Varanasi mirrors his performance across the country. Also, Faizabad - when you guys changing that name to a Hindu-sounding name bro :dhoni

At least I live in a state ruled by a non-BJP party. Must hurt to keep hoping for the BJP to smash down Bengal's doors while it continues to remain an elusive dream.

btw how does it feel to watch a Gujarati win a seat in your state just because he once played for KKR :ROFLMAO:

From 400 paar to SLP hahaha.

Modi's performance in Varanasi mirrors his performance across the country. Also, Faizabad - when you guys changing that name to a Hindu-sounding name bro :dhoni

At least I live in a state ruled by a non-BJP party. Must hurt to keep hoping for the BJP to smash down Bengal's doors while it continues to remain an elusive dream.

btw how does it feel to watch a Gujarati win a seat in your state just because he once played for KKR :ROFLMAO:
From wheel is turning

To Modiji will be thrown in jail

To going spartaaaans puppu will be PM

What happened bro ? 😂

Rape-accused ruling alliance MP loses seat​

Prajwal Revanna, an MP from the southern state of Karnataka, lost his bid to be re-elected from Hassan seat.
Mr Revanna, grandson of former Indian prime minister HD Deve Gowda, is accused of rape and sexual abuse but has denied the allegations against him.

He was the ruling NDA alliance's candidate from Hassan and lost to Congress's Shreyas M Patel by more than 46,000 votes.

The former lawmaker had fled the country in April after thousands of videos of the alleged sexual abuse circulated in Hassan days before the constituency was due to vote.

Police in India arrested him last week after he returned from Germany to the southern Indian city of Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore).

BBC
What!!? Rape accused but still allowed to contest 😯

But I think Cylinder chachi looks happier.

Such a graceful woman :dhoni

smriti1.png

Arrey hum to fakir aadmi hai jhola leke chal padenge

smriti.png

Women in Lucknow demand Congress' 'guarantee cards' after elections.
Cards promised Rs 1 lakh annually to female head of poor families.
Some submitting forms to receive 'promised' funds in bank accounts.

It's astonishing how easily some can be swayed by empty promises. :LOL:

What Mayawati Said About Muslims As BSP Scores Zero In 2024 Elections

After scoring a zero in the Lok Sabha polls, Bahujan Samaj Party president Mayawati today said that despite the party gave it a "proper representation" in elections, the Muslim community is not able to understand the BSP.

Going forward, the party will give the community an electoral opportunity only after a lot of thought, she said.

The BSP had failed to open its account in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections as well. It, however, bagged 10 seats in the 2019 one, which it had fought in alliance with the Samajwadi Party.

Mayawati in a statement said that her party will do a "deep analysis" of the trouncing and will take whatever steps that are necessary in the interest of the party.

She expressed her gratitude to the Dalit community, especially the Jatavs, for supporting the party, but also expressed her displeasure towards the Muslims.

"The Muslim community, which is an important part of the Bahujan Samaj Party, is not able to understand the BSP properly despite being given proper representation in the past elections and this time also in the Lok Sabha general elections.

"So, in such a situation, the party will give them a chance in the elections only after a lot of thought so that the party does not suffer a huge loss in the future like this time," Mayawati said.

The BSP had fielded 35 Muslim candidates, the maximum, in the latest general election.

She said since the results are out, it is up to the future leaders of the country to think about the country's democracy, its interests, and the Constitution.

Mayawati also raised her objection to the election being conducted in extreme heat and argued against the long-drawn election process which may become exhausting to the common people as well as the lakhs of government employees deployed on election duty.

The election should be held in three or four phases at the most, she added.

Last edited:
What a power hungry leach this creature is!
Nda has close to 300 and he is power hungry lol ok ! Congress with pappu hippo sonia ammi are having a meeting to think about forming a government- if thats not power hungry l dont know what it is.. pappu and his leach family will forever be an alliance party - got only 99 seats and dancing lol - pappu pappu 😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Nda has close to 300 and he is power hungry lol ok ! Congress with pappu hippo sonia ammi are having a meeting to think about forming a government- if thats not power hungry l dont know what it is.. pappu and his leach family will forever be an alliance party - got only 99 seats and dancing lol - pappu pappu 😂😂
We now know who's going to dance and to whose tune. Nitish and Naidu are going to make Modi perform Kuchipudi to their rhythms. 😆 :inti

NDA unanimously chooses Narendra Modi as alliance leader.
CBN smashed Congress and Pappu bhakt's wet dreams. Says he is with NDA for next 5 years :ROFLMAO:

President Droupadi Murmu dissolves the 17th Lok Sabha

President Droupadi Murmu dissolved the 17th Lok Sabha on Wednesday after the recommendation of the Union Cabinet.

“The President accepted the advice of the Cabinet on June 5, 2024, and signed the Order dissolving the 17th Lok Sabha in the exercise of the powers conferred upon her by Sub-Clause (2) of Article 85 of the Constitution,” a statement issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan said on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, a meeting of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi recommended the dissolution of the 17th Lok Sabha, whose term ends on June 16.

Following the meeting, PM Modi tendered his resignation along with his Council of Ministers to President Murmu. The President accepted the resignation and requested that the Prime Minister and his Council of Ministers continue until the new government assumes office.

According to sources, PM Modi will take the oath for the third time on June 8.

As per the results announced by the Election Commission of India on Tuesday, the BJP won 240 seats and the Congress 99 seats. BJP had won 303 seats in the 2019 general elections and 282 seats in the 2014 general elections. This time, the BJP fell 32 seats short of the majority mark of 272 and will need to rely on its allies to form a government.

On the other hand, the Congress registered a significant growth from 52 seats in 2019 to 99 seats this time. The Congress-led opposition coalition, the INDIA bloc, crossed 230 seats, defying all predictions.

We now know who's going to dance and to whose tune. Nitish and Naidu are going to make Modi perform Kuchipudi to their rhythms. 😆 :inti
Know CBN how he works being a tdp candidate from andhra. He and pawan lalyan have their eyes set on ys jagan . They dont care national. He will the staunchest ally of bjp or he loses everything. He will be one among many fools in the indi alliance - he is not stupid. As for nitish palti kimar - he can go wherever he wants. Nda still easily has 280 plus. You guys are in a lala fantasy land.. rag tag group of 20 plus parties who git less than bjp 240 and doing bhangra-- i totally understood comg mood- after getting 45 and 55 seats before -- getting 99 they are delirious lol- choti choti khushiyann !!😂😂

This is BJP ideology .They can do anything to form a government even if they have to make anyone their father.
Another 5 years will be spent controlling blood pressure whenever you see the ubiquitous feku.

15 years of Sanghi bigots ruling.

15 years of finding your insulin like a mispronunciation, a faux pas, a mocking cartoon, a newspaper headline or a meme to console yourself and lessen the pain.

Why this pain never ends?

This is BJP ideology .They can do anything to form a government even if they have to make anyone their father.
Yeah 3peat coming for PM Modi, oh well too bad for your Italians though 😞

No father, mother or grandfather to form anything...

'this morning I woke up at night'

PM Modi unanimously elected as NDA leader as he gets ready to form govt

Leaders of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance unanimously elected Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the ruling bloc's leader on Wednesday, passing a resolution to underscore the government's commitment to serving the poor, women, youths, farmers and deprived sections of society.

They met at Modi's residence here a day after the NDA won a majority of seats in the Lok Sabha election, paving the way for him to take the oath for a third consecutive term, a first for any ruling alliance since 1962.

TDP leader N Chandrababu Naidu, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, LJP(R) leader Chirag Paswan and NCP leader Praful Patel were among those who attended the meeting.

Back