[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
Be wary of the sanghis who are more formidable now than an overconfident one had they not faced such challenges.
This, PM Modi and Amit Shah will retrospect and do a serious analysis of what went wrong.... BJP was getting a little too over confident, this humbling was needed.

Also the Yogi factor in UP would need a look into, something doesn't look right in UP.

You have to be less harsh to pappu. Congress has been decimated under his watch so many times, that getting 99 seems like a massive victory, and his lapdogs have already put him on a pedestal for this. The bar is really low when it comes to pappu and congressi lapdogs.
Both Pappu and Kharge predicted 180-200 seats for Congress alone:LOL:, but it was reduced to 99. Yet, lapdogs are celebrating the BJP tally, which is the single largest party. The irony is that these jokers still think that Congress's 99 seats is a great victory, despite being decimated in many states.

Both Pappu and Kharge predicted 180-200 seats for Congress alone:LOL:, but it was reduced to 99. Yet, lapdogs are celebrating the BJP tally, which is the single largest party. The irony is that these jokers still think that Congress's 99 seats is a great victory, despite being decimated in many states.
But it IS a great victory for them.

If a minnow scores 44 and then 52 against you, and then they manage to score 99, for the minnow, it is a victory. We should be magnanimous in our victory and not deny them their small pleasures.

This, PM Modi and Amit Shah will retrospect and do a serious analysis of what went wrong.... BJP was getting a little too over confident, this humbling was needed.

Also the Yogi factor in UP would need a look into, something doesn't look right in UP.
Apparently, there is some talk happening that Yogi wasn't consulted when the list of contestants in UP was being finalised. He did not approve of most of the candidates but Amit Shah just ignored him. There has been a cold war going on between Shah and Yogi ever since.
I hope Shah learns his lessons now and takes Yogi's advice in the future. Yogi sure knows UP better than Shah.

They came back to power. Always remember this.
They got feedback about what worked and what didn't work.

Be wary of the sanghis who are more formidable now than an overconfident one had they not faced such challenges.
So, what worked for the BJP and what didn't? :inti

Not only the BJP, but people like you were also getting overconfident. The people of India brought many of you back to reality. :kp :inti

Apparently, there is some talk happening that Yogi wasn't consulted when the list of contestants in UP was being finalised. He did not approve of most of the candidates but Amit Shah just ignored him. There has been a cold war going on between Shah and Yogi ever since.
I hope Shah learns his lessons now and takes Yogi's advice in the future. Yogi sure knows UP better than Shah.
I hope they work things out in UP. Yogi factor is huge, we are not talking some no value state like Kerala here..

Not only the BJP, but people like you were also getting overconfident. The people of India brought many of you back to reality. :kp :inti
Yes I have been brought back to reality.

As you can see in the can Puppu be the PM of India thread I voted for him.

Now I have realised that the little 5 year old Italian can never be the Indian PM, my hope of coming to India to live under an Italian rule evaporated for good it seems. :sanga

What a reality I am facing here :kp :inti

Yes I have been brought back to reality.

As you can see in this thread can Congress win the 2024 election, I chose Congress.

Now I have realised that the little 5 year old Italian can never be the Indian PM, my hope of coming to India to live under an Italian rule evaporated for good it seems. :sanga

What a reality I am facing here :kp :inti
Corrected.

Several Women gather outside Congress Office in UP, Demand Rs 8,500 Monthly Stipend as promised by Rahul Gandhi.“We came here because we were supposed to receive 8,500 rupees monthly" - a woman in Lucknow said.

"We have come to submit the guarantee card. Congress leaders earlier made us fill this form" - Another woman said "Now, No Congress leader is saying anything. We have been waiting for the last three hours" - Another woman said

GPeO-I_bgAAZ6Py

Don't Fall Prey To Rumours: PM Modi's Message To First-Time NDA MPs

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, after being elected as the leader of the NDA Parliamentary Party, left a message for fellow Parliamentarians, first-timers in particular, to not fall prey to rumours and speculation and advised them to get everything verified from the authorities concerned.

His message to newly-elected Parliamentarians came in light of various reports in the media, speculating about the allocation of departments and portfolios to the MPs.

"People may approach and call you with claims that you have been allotted a Cabinet berth. Today's advanced technology may also lead to release of documents with my digital signatures. But, you must not believe them. This exercise is useless," he told the MPs.

Addressing the gathering of all the elected MPs, seasoned and first-time lawmakers at the NDA meet, Narendra Modi cautioned them against falling for hearsay and asked them to get all information cross-checked.

"The country can't run on the basis of breaking news," he said unequivocally and also took a swipe at the Opposition, claiming that the latter has a double PhD in fanning fake news.

He also gave a new slogan for the NDA alliance and said that for him NDA would mean 'New India, Developed India and Aspirational India'.

The PM Modi further said that he was available 24x7 and appealed to all the stakeholders to strive hard collectively for nation-building.

"Viksit Bharat is our vision and we have a roadmap for the same," he added while vowing to work tirelessly for the fulfillment of hopes and aspirations of a billion-plus countrymen.

"3rd Chance To Serve": PM-Designate Modi Stakes Claim To Form Government

Narendra Modi met President Droupadi Murmu Friday evening to stake claim to form the next government, days after the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance eased to victory in the 2024 Lok Sabha election.

Addressing the media after their meeting, Mr Modi said he had been invited to do so and thanked the voters for giving him and the NDA a third term. "NDA, for the third time, has been given a chance to serve the nation. I want to thank the people of this country for giving us this chance... and want to assure the people that the pace at which the country developed in the last two terms... in the 18th Lok Sabha, we will work at the same pace and with the same dedication. We will not leave any stone unturned..." the PM-designate said.

Mr Modi will be sworn in at 6 pm Sunday, in a ceremony expected to include key, if not all, members of his new cabinet, and to be attended by world leaders.

Earlier today Mr Modi, 73, completed the formality of being named the leader of the NDA's newly-elected MPs; his nomination was proposed by Rajnath Singh and backed by various alliance leaders, including Chandrababu Naidu of the TDP and the JDU's Nitish Kumar.

Addressing the NDA members after his nomination, Mr Modi made a pitch for governance by consensus and coalition politics, declaring, "Our alliance reflects the spirit of India and we are dedicated to upholding constitutional values. NDA is the most successful..."

His remarks were seen as acknowledgement of his reliance on allies - new territory after the BJP's brute majorities in 2014 and 2019, which allowed it to form the government sans active support.

In results declared Tuesday the BJP won 240 seats, but fell 32 short of the majority mark. The party will, however, retain power for a third consecutive term - and hand Mr Modi a third term as Prime Minister, matching Congress stalwart Jawaharlal Nehru - on the back of NDA members' 53 MPs.

The support of Mr Naidu's 16 MPs and the 12 from Nitish Kumar's party is seen as critical to ensuring the BJP forms and runs its government. Sans those 28 seats, its numbers fall to just 265.

In his speech Mr Modi also took several swipes at the Congress and the opposition INDIA bloc, which defied exit poll predictions to mount a strong challenge to the BJP. The group finished with 232 seats, including a record haul for the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, a fightback from the Trinamool that cost the BJP six seats in Bengal, and a second successive rout to Tamil Nadu's DMK.

The Congress, meanwhile, finished with 99 wins from the 328 seats it contested. That was the party's best result in 15 years; it won 44 in 2014 and 52 in 2019.

Even Rahul's fans are upset with his antics. Whenever Pappu faces a tough question, he calls the journalist a BJP supporter instead of answering. :facepalm:

If Rahul Gandhi reads this tweet, then he will say Rajdeep is the agent of BJP :ROFLMAO:

Rajdeep edited his post twice after posting it the first time, he must be scared to tweet against his congress boss, who is paying him. :LOL:

And he called Mausami a BJP Stooge, Mausami whose whole life revolves around Congress.:facepalm:
GPaHXGWWMAA6YLJ

And the chickens have come home to roost.

Modichayan is PM for the 3rd time as the eggs have hatched

:apology

And the chickens have come home to roost.

Modichayan is PM for the 3rd time as the eggs have hatched

:apology
From "I can't stand Modi and don't want to see him as PM", the zombies have changed to " I don't want to see Smriti Irani and Nirmala Tai".

They keep lowering the bar so that they can cross it, having failed spectacularly.

These zombies are the Don Quixotes of goalposts: Forever tilting at new windmills, they find new causes to justify their quixotic quests.

From "I can't stand Modi and don't want to see him as PM", the zombies have changed to " I don't want to see Smriti Irani and Nirmala Tai".

They keep lowering the bar so that they can cross it, having failed spectacularly.

These zombies are the Don Quixotes of goalposts: Forever tilting at new windmills, they find new causes to justify their quixotic quests.
From. 'abki baar, 400 paar' to 'abki baar, mili juli sarkar'. 😆 :inti

From. 'abki baar, 400 paar' to 'abki baar, mili juli sarkar'. 😆 :inti
NDA was always mili juli sarkar.

Do watch tomorrow's swearing in ceremony. As Modi swears to become your new PM, you swear at him for ruining 5 years of your life after already wasting 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
NDA Is "Minority Mukt"; 21 Of Only 24 Muslim MPs In New Lok Sabha From INDIA

Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah slammed the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) for not having any minority representation among its elected Members of Parliament (MPs) in the recent Lok Sabha elections.

The National Conference leader’s comments came as the newly elected MPs met today to elect Narendra Modi as their leader, paving the way for his third term as prime minister.

"It’s not just the BJP; the NDA is Muslim mukth, Christian mukth, Buddhist mukth, Sikh mukth, and yet the government will claim to represent 140 crore Indians,” Abdullah tweeted.

His remarks were in response to a report detailing the representation of various communities, including Muslims, in both the NDA and the INDIA bloc among the newly elected MPs.

The NDA secured 293 seats, comfortably above the 272-seat majority mark in the 543-member Lok Sabha. The BJP won 240 seats, while the Congress secured 99 seats, with an independent MP joining the Congress party.

The BJP fielded only one Muslim candidate, Abdul Salam, from Kerala’s Malappuram constituency, who lost to Indian Union Muslim League leader Mohammed Basheer by a margin of 30,118 votes.

The kingmaker allies of the BJP, the TDP and JDU, brought 16 and 12 MPs, respectively to the mix. Among other NDA members, the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena won seven seats and Chirag Paswan’s LJP secured all five that it contested. None of the NDA allies brought any minority MPs.

Interestingly, the TDP has made it clear it would continue the reservation provided to Muslims, a policy strongly opposed by the BJP. The Andhra Pradesh-based believes that reservation isn’t for appeasement, but social justice as the minorities in the state have the lowest per capita income.

While the NDA has no Muslim MPs, the INDIA bloc has 7.9 percent Muslim MPs. Similarly, the NDA has no Christian MPs, while the INDIA bloc has 3.5 percent Christian MPs. There are no Sikh MPs in the NDA, whereas the INDIA bloc has 5 percent Sikh MPs, according to the report cited by Abdullah.

In total, 24 Muslim MPs have been elected to the Lok Sabha this time. India’s 220 million Muslims constitute a little under a fifth of its 1.4 billion population. These MPs come from only nine out of 28 states and eight Union territories.

The INDIA bloc will send 21 Muslim MPs to the Lok Sabha. While Congress will have seven Muslim representatives among its 99 seats, Mamata Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress has five Muslim MPs, and the Samajwadi Party four.

AIMIM chief Asaddudin Owaisi has returned to Lok Sabha from Hyderabad after defeating BJP’s Madhavi Latha with a huge margin.

Congress’ Rakibul Hussain won Dhubri with a margin of 10.12 lakh votes. The Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) has two Muslim MPs from Kerala and one from Tamil Nadu. The Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (JKNC) won two seats, while the North Kashmir seat was claimed by independent candidate Engineer Rashid. Another independent candidate Haji Mohamad Haneefa won from Ladakh.

This was what feku said when Karnataka government gave free bus rides to women.

"You build metro in a city. And in the same city, to win elections, you say you will give free bus rides to women. This means you took out 50% of the metro passengers. So, the metro becomes unviable.

NDA was always mili juli sarkar.

Do watch tomorrow's swearing in ceremony. As Modi swears to become your new PM, you swear at him for ruining 5 years of your life after already wasting 10 years.
I don't need to swear. I'll simply observe the glowing faces of Modi's new paw paws, Nitish Kumar and Chandrababu Naidu. 😆 :inti

I don't need to swear. I'll simply observe the glowing faces of Modi's new paw paws, Nitish Kumar and Chandrababu Naidu. 😆 :inti
If these pictures are authentic then the journey is not going to be easy for Modi. His entire career is based on Muslim demonisation and genocide

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
  • images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
Of course, this is not a freebie. Lying feku and his andhbhakts.
Freebies are the future. BJP had been doing it earlier also, but needs to loosen to the purse more. People will be happy to get some guaranteed money every month, or free services.

Yes absolutely which I why I still hold hope of our 5 year old Puppu leading the nation one day. And my dream of eating shapgetti in the streets of India may one day become reality

:inti

Why are you getting so touchy at a critique of Bimaru Bisht?

bisht used to look as much of a goon as he does now. Age hasn't mellowed him down one bit.
Good to know. May India continue to be ruled by sanghi goons. Such goons who make the present ones acceptable to the sickulars.

Modi is forming new government. Indi alliance will have to watch the show from opposition bench. Another 5 yrs of heart burn for poor Rahul and co.

Modi is forming new government. Indi alliance will have to watch the show from opposition bench. Another 5 yrs of heart burn for poor Rahul and co.
Even had the India Alliance won, they would have been toppled in a matter of 6 months, when you need to depend on over 20 other parties to be part of an alliance, it is always skating on thin ice aka never gonna last..

BJP only need to depend on 2 allies in Nitesh and Naidu, from what I am hearing the Key stakes such as defence, spokesperson etc will be with the BJP, so there shouldn't much issues.

According to Congress IT cell and puppu bhakts: BJP lost the election and Puppus italians won, whatever makes you feel better about yourself at the end of the day I guess, even when you are so far away from reality 😉

From 295 jeeetemge to phir opposition mein baithenge 😂😂
The BJP made this claim well before the elections began, and people like you were celebrating when the exit polls were released. Rahul Gandhi made his statement after the exit polls. We all witnessed how accurate those exit polls turned out to be. People like you disappeared after realizing the accuracy of the exit polls and the losses in Ayodhya and Amethi. Welcome back and enjoy the fractured government. What an embarrassment for BJP and their arrogant supporters. Swaad aagaya na? 😆 :inti

These next 5 years will be entertaining. Will be interesting to see someone like Modi bowing down to Nitish Babu and Naidu Babu.🍿 :inti

The BJP made this claim well before the elections began, and people like you were celebrating when the exit polls were released. Rahul Gandhi made his statement after the exit polls. We all witnessed how accurate those exit polls turned out to be. People like you disappeared after realizing the accuracy of the exit polls and the losses in Ayodhya and Amethi. Welcome back and enjoy the fractured government. What an embarrassment for BJP and their arrogant supporters. Swaad aagaya na? 😆 :inti
BJP got its third highest seats ever.
Congress got its third lowest seats ever.

Who got the swaad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Narendra Modi sworn in for third term after narrow win​

Narendra Modi, leader of the Hindu Nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), has taken oath as India's prime minister for a third time.

The ceremony took place at Rashtrapati Bhavan, the official residence of the Indian president.

Mr Modi's BJP-led National Democratic Alliance won the general election with 293 seats, a lower margin than predicted by exit polls.

The election saw a resurgence of India's opposition, which won 234 seats.

Thousands of guests have been attending his inauguration at Delhi's Presidential Palace. Among them are the heads of neighbouring Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives.

Tight security has been in place in Delhi, which was declared a no-fly zone, with more than 2,500 police officers deployed around the venue.

Exit polls had projected outright victory for his BJP party which ruled India for a decade, but it lost its parliamentary majority in the election.

His NDA bloc relied on two key allies, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the Janata Dal (United) JD(U), to cross the 272-seat mark needed to form the government.

On Friday, the elected MPs voted Mr Modi as the leader of the Lok Sabha (the lower house of the parliament), leader of the BJP parliamentary party, and leader of the NDA.

It is not clear what concessions his allies may have negotiated in return for their support. India media report that several are seeking key ministerial posts.

The opposition INDIA alliance, led by the Congress party, has called the election a mandate against Mr Modi's government.

Mr Modi, however, countered this on Friday, saying: "Opposition tried to paint 2024 Lok Sabha results as a loss for us. But we didn’t lose, we never lost, we will never lose."

Mr Modi thanked voters for their mandate, and said he would "do everything" to eradicate corruption and poverty.

"Empowering the poor and middle class is our priority," he said.

During his election campaign, Mr Modi and his party were accused by critics of using hate speech, attacking the country's Muslim minority, and jailing opposition figures.

On Friday, the prime minister-elect said the NDA alliance was "committed to the principle of "sarva panth sambhava" (religious equality).

The INDIA alliance has said it will fulfil its duty in parliament by holding the government in check and protecting the constitution.

Kangana Ranaut ran for election with the BJP symbol, but after winning, she received an unexpected bonus: a Congress hand symbol, courtesy of a CISF jawan's slap at the airport. :sree :inti
Kanhaiya did better than her. Ran for election with Congress symbol and got the same symbol on his cheeks.

CISF Jawan > Chhapri 😆 :inti
Did you watch Modi's oath taking ceremony? What a historic moment! Had goosebumps when he said "MaiN Narendra Damordardas Modi.."

Let's see how much my stocks improve tomorrow. I have been jobless for a year now, and still getting richer. Bank manager calls me to ask Sir, have you changed your salary account, and using our bank only for share market?

No better moment to be alive as a Sanghi.

Did you watch Modi's oath taking ceremony? What a historic moment! Had goosebumps when he said "MaiN Narendra Damordardas Modi.."

Let's see how much my stocks improve tomorrow. I have been jobless for a year now, and still getting richer. Bank manager calls me to ask Sir, have you changed your salary account, and using our bank only for share market?

No better moment to be alive as a Sanghi.
I know why you are worshipping Modi these days, it's because of the stocks. You think the good times will last forever, but you will get a reality check in the stock market just like all the other newbies. 😆 :inti

I know why you are worshipping Modi these days, it's because of the stocks. You think the good times will last forever, but you will get a reality check in the stock market just like all the other newbies. 😆 :inti
Already got 95% in a year. Even some 10% loss doesn't make a big difference.

I am not saying I am an expert in stocks. Mostly invest based on inputs by those friends who are well qualified.

Hope you also make a fortune. And while doing the therapy I suggested.

Already got 95% in a year. Even some 10% loss doesn't make a big difference.

I am not saying I am an expert in stocks. Mostly invest based on inputs by those friends who are well qualified.

Hope you also make a fortune. And while doing the therapy I suggested.
Congratulations, but be careful. :inti

Kangana Ranaut ran for election with the BJP symbol, but after winning, she received an unexpected bonus: a Congress hand symbol, courtesy of a CISF jawan's slap at the airport. :sree :inti
Clueless bigot that she is, she equated this thappad with the rising terrorism in Punjab. Means, she needs more such thappads.

India's Priyanka Gandhi to finally make electoral debut

Priyanka Gandhi, sister of India's main opposition Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, is set to contest her first election, ending decades of anticipation by her supporters.

Ms Gandhi is a descendant of the Nehru-Gandhi family, India's most famous political dynasty, and her electoral debut will be closely watched.

The 52-year-old will contest the Wayanad seat in the southern Indian state of Kerala after her brother relinquishes it.

A win for Ms Gandhi would mean the presence of all three Gandhi family members in the Indian parliament.

Her mother Sonia Gandhi, former president of the Congress party, is an MP in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the parliament.

Her brother Mr Gandhi won the recent parliamentary elections from both Wayanad and Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli seats.

Mr Gandhi, who has represented Wayanad as an MP since 2019, is giving the seat up as he can only retain one parliamentary seat under Indian law. On Monday, he thanked the people of Wayanad for their "love, affection and support".

A date for the by-election is yet to be announced but Ms Gandhi says she is "not nervous at all".

"I am very happy to be able to represent Wayanad and I will not let them feel his [Rahul Gandhi's] absence," she said on Monday. "I will work hard and I will try my best to make everyone happy and be a good representative."

The by-election will mark the end of a decades-long wait by Congress supporters for Ms Gandhi's involvement in electoral politics.

For years, Ms Gandhi was considered the more popular of the Gandhi siblings with many blaming the "lacklustre leadership" of her brother for a string of Congress defeats between 2014 and 2019.

From an early age, people have pointed to Ms Gandhi’s resemblance to her grandmother and former prime minister Indira Gandhi.

Ms Gandhi has been actively involved in the election campaigns of her mother from the late 1990s. She also campaigned for her brother when he actively joined politics in 2004.

Senior leaders have praised her political acumen and her flair for engaging with people.

Ms Gandhi's official entry into politics came when she was put in charge of the Congress campaign in the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh state, ahead of the 2019 general election.

The Congress went on to perform poorly in that election and the state assembly polls in 2022, but Ms Gandhi was not blamed. Senior party leaders said the performance was not a reflection of her work and in line with their expectations.

Appointed Congress' general secretary in 2019, Ms Gandhi has since overseen the party's campaigns in several state elections.

Party leaders say she’s been crucial in stabilising the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh state this year amid rebellion by some of its own lawmakers.

On Monday, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) criticised dynastic politics in response to news of Ms Gandhi's electoral debut.

"Congress is not a party but a family business," BJP leader Shehzad Poonawalla said.

The announcement of her candidacy, however, received praise from Annie Raja, a member of the Communist Party of India (CPI) who had contested against Mr Gandhi in Wayanad in the recent election.

Ms Raja, who lost the election by a margin of over 360,000 votes, did not confirm whether she would run against Ms Gandhi in the by-election.

But she said, "We need more and more women in parliament."

BBC

Back