[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
Modi's leash is in the hands of Nitish and Naidu now. 🍿 :inti
You are so naive . Leash lol! Naidu needs bjp ljke crazy to take on ys Jagan. Bjp gave him and pawan kalyan a new lease of life with the alliance. They will be there for 5 years to go after ys jagan. And palti kumar- no one cares for him. He will one of the 20 fools in the indi alliance. Might be just the 1 fool in an alliance and gwt better benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really surprised by her tweet.. reminds me of myself 10 years ago when i had a meltdown when Modi won 😂 I went on whining on facebook lol
She has been anti BJP since day one. Nothing surprising.

Can someone tell me why the Mahaans who were crying about EVMs being hacked and controlled by BJP has suddenly gone quiet..

Maybe our pillion bicycle rider can give us some info on this ???

@pillionrider

This is BJP ideology .They can do anything to form a government even if they have to make anyone their father.
Bjp ideology? In 2014 and 2019 they got 272 by themselves. Now they have 240 and you are saying they should not form government and will do anything for that? Doesn't make sense. Cing has only 99 and then can try to form a government. What logic is this? It is Congress ideology to form a government anyway not bjp.

In 97 bjp didnt form government but Congress formed and had 3 PMs in 2 years - Chandrsekhar devegiwda gujral. Now you tell me who is power hungry? Matlab kuch bhi bhaijann?🙂😂

We now know who's going to dance and to whose tune. Nitish and Naidu are going to make Modi perform Kuchipudi to their rhythms. 😆 :inti
They will do kuchipudi to be in nda . Especially naidu. Nitish he can go anyway he wants but he wont because he will be 1 amongst 20 minority party fools in the indi alliance.. Congress has been doing kuchipudi since 1996 from when they have never had a single party majority and never will. Thats bjp legacy reduing Congress forever to a coalition alliance kuchipudi rhythm forever and ever and ever lol.....😂

Some of the most educated Inds come from Tamil Nadu and they rejected Modi and his hate. Total rejection
Wonder what your remarks would if someone described Islam as a disease

Tamil Nadu minister and DMK leader Udhayanidhi Stalin on Monday defended his stance on 'Sanatana Dharma' after the Madras High Court criticised the police for failing to take action against him and PK Sekar Babu over their comments.

The High Court noted that no individual has the right to promote divisive ideas or the abolition of any ideology.

Udhayanidhi Stalin, who had earlier compared 'Sanatana Dharma' to "dengue" and "malaria", said that he hadn't said anything wrong, adding that he was ready to face legal consequences regarding his statement.

He said, "I haven’t said anything wrong. What I said was right and I’ll face it legally.. I will not change my statement. I have spoken my ideology. I’ve not spoken more than what Ambedkar, Periyar or Thirumavalavan had said. I can be an MLA, a Minister or a Youth Wing Secretary and tomorrow I maybe not. But being a human is more important."

The DMK leader further said, "We’ve been speaking about Sanatana for several years while NEET is a six-year-old issue. It (Sanatana) is a several hundred years old issue, we shall oppose it forever."

In September, Udhayanidhi Stalin called for the eradication of 'Sanatana Dharma', as he said, it was "against social justice and equality".

"Few things cannot be opposed, that should be abolished only. We can't oppose dengue, mosquitoes, malaria or coronavirus. We have to eradicate this. That's how we have to eradicate Sanatana," he had said.

"Rather than opposing Sanatana, it should be eradicated. The name Sanatana is from Sanskrit. It is against social justice and equality," Stalin said, who is a minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Development in the ruling DMK government.

His remarks drew sharp criticism from the ruling BJP, with the party's IT cell head Amit Malviya saying that Stalin's statement was "eerily similar" to Hitler's views about Jews.

Some of the most educated Inds come from Tamil Nadu and they rejected Modi and his hate. Total rejection
Even Uttar Pradesh suddenly got educated and rejected Modi and his hate.

Pakistanis in general are more wise than Indians, and they have rejected political parties over the Army. Allowing the Army to jail their elected representatives. Total rejection of democracy.

There are rumours that TDP and JDU don't want motabhai to head Home ministry. Will feku allow that to happen?

There are rumours that TDP and JDU don't want motabhai to head Home ministry. Will feku allow that to happen?

These "rumours" are just bull. Just the media trying desperately to find the next soundbyte after the high of elections is over.

TDP and JDU do not have as much power as most people here think.

Sunil Lahri aka Lakshman of Ramayan lashes out at Ayodhya citizens for ‘betraying’ BJP: ‘They doubted Sita too’​

We are forgetting that these are the same Ayodhya citizens who doubted Goddess Sita after she returned from exile. What do you call that person who even denies God? Selfish. History is witness that the citizens of Ayodhya have always betrayed their king. Shame on them.”

“We salute your greatness dear citizens of Ayodhya, you are the ones who didn’t spare even Goddess Sita. We are not shocked that you betrayed the man who made sure that Lord Ram came out of that small tent and was installed in a beautiful temple. The entire nation will never see you with respect again.”

What an bigot this guy is! All because feku was taught a lesson of lifetime by Ayodhya voters!

Only for bigots like this creature, feku should have lost from Varanasi. Then he'd have abused Varanasi votes too, right?

What an bigot this guy is! All because feku was taught a lesson of lifetime by Ayodhya voters!

Only for bigots like this creature, feku should have lost from Varanasi. Then he'd have abused Varanasi votes too, right?
This is wrong. Voters should never be shamed for their choices. It is their democratic right.

However, you do the same all the time. Shaming those who voted for BJP by calling them vile abuses.

This is wrong. Voters should never be shamed for their choices. It is their democratic right.

However, you do the same all the time. Shaming those who voted for BJP by calling them vile abuses.
This sort of tarnishing opposition as anti-national, anti Hindu , anti religion, anti Indian stuff is solely the domain of BJP supporters.

This sort of tarnishing opposition as anti-national, anti Hindu , anti religion, anti Indian stuff is solely the domain of BJP supporters.
You can call the opposition (parties/leaders) whatever you want, but should never shame the voters for their choices.

bhakt ( a hindu word holding sanctity) was turned into a slur the moment congress lost in 2014, and that has been continuing since then (with even worse epithets added).

BJP supporters are not from another planet, they can be as worse as congi supporters, but they don't hold the monopoly over voter shaming.

Population

🇮🇳 India: 1.45 billion
🇲🇽 Mexico: 130 million

Election candidates killed

India: 0
Mexico: 37

Democracy Index
🇮🇳 India Rank: 104
🇲🇽 Mexico Rank: 90

Who's Behind the Index?

I don't know how much leverage TDP and JDU have. Even if both walk away the BJP will cobble enough to get 272+.
TDP asking for six ministry. If they both walk away then BJP don't have enough number to show majority

Mota bhai needs to play less dirty. He will turn BJP into another congress with breaking parties and corruption washing machine.

TDP asking for six ministry. If they both walk away then BJP don't have enough number to show majority

The BJP alone have 240. No big deal to get 32 additional seats - the likes of Stalin, Tejasvi Yadav, even Mamata lol will gladly line up.

"I think that this mandate is against the government and the way BJP has done politics of revenge in the last 10 years by putting elected CMs in jail, freezing Congress' bank accounts during elections... People have appreciated the INDIA alliance and Congress' manifesto," says Congress leader Sachin Pilot

PTI

“Biggest stock market scam…we demand Joint Parliamentary Committee”: Rahul Gandhi​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday alleged that Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah had given “investment advice” to people during the campaign for the lok Sabha polls which resulted in losses of lakhs of crores to retail investors and demanded a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe terming it “biggest stock market scam.” Addressing a press conference, the Congress leader said that after ‘fake’ exit polls, stock markets rose, and then crashed on June 4.

“For the first time we noted that during the elections, the Prime Minister, the Union Home Minister and the Finance Minister commented on the stock market. The Prime Minister said that the stock market is rising at a great speed. the Union Home Minister said that on June 4 the stock market will be on the rise and you all should invest and similar was said by the Finance Minister…Amit Shah says buy shares before June 4, 19 May PM Modi says the stock market will break records on June 4. Why did the PM, Home Minister give investment advice to investors,” Rahul Gandhi said. He further asserted, “the retail investors lost Rs 30 lakh crore, this is the biggest stock market scam”.

“Why did PM Modi and Union Home Minister give specific investment advice to the five crore families investing in the stock market? Is it their job to give investment advice? Why were both interviews given to the same media owned by the same business group which is also under SEBI investigation for manipulating stock? What is the connection between the BJP, the fake exit pollsters and the dubious foreign investors who invested one day before the exit polls were announced and made a huge profit at the cost of five crore salaries? We demand a JPC into this. We are convinced that this is a scam. Somebody has made thousands of crores of Rupees at the cost of Indian retail investors and the Prime Minister and the Union Home Minister have given an indication to buy. So we demand today a joint parliamentary committee to investigate this,” he said.

Rahul Gandhi also demanded an inquiry against PM Modi, Home Minister Shah and those who carried out exit polls. The counting of the 2024 Lok Sabha elections was held on Tuesday. According to the Election Commission of India, the BJP won 240 seats, much lower than its 2019 tally of 303. The Congress, on the other hand, registered a strong growth, winning 99 seats. The INDIA bloc crossed the 230 mark, posing stiff competition, and defying all predictions. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has secured a third term, but the BJP will need to rely on the support of other parties in his coalition – JD (U) chief Nitish Kumar and TDP’s chief Chandrababu Naidu. BJP fell 32 seats short of the 272 majority mark after votes polled in the 2024 Lok Sabha elections were counted. For the first time, since the Bharatiya Janata Party swept to power in 2014, it did not secure a majority on its own.

The BJP alone have 240. No big deal to get 32 additional seats - the likes of Stalin, Tejasvi Yadav, even Mamata lol will gladly line up.
The point is, this is a fractured government. They don't have a majority on their own. You won't hear 'Modi ki guarantee,' 'Modi this, Modi that,' or see his reckless decisions like demonetization now. :inti

Since you have such a principled stand against bigots, What is your opinion of DMK?

Having grown up in chennai, I'm happy to give some pointers about their history and I'm sure you are well aware of their current youth leaders.

This is BJP ideology .They can do anything to form a government even if they have to make anyone their father.

Congress forming governments with 145 seats in 2004 and 206 seats in 2009 was fine, who did they make their father?

Since you have such a principled stand against bigots, What is your opinion of DMK?

Having grown up in chennai, I'm happy to give some pointers about their history and I'm sure you are well aware of their current youth leaders.
A bigot is a bigot, whether its from sanghi ranks, or Congress or DMK, TMC or whoever.

Unlike bhakts, I don't differentiate between bigots, irrespective of the party they belong to.

BJP took lead from Ayodhya assembly segment.

So no, Ayodhya people didn't vote against BJP.

A bigot is a bigot, whether its from sanghi ranks, or Congress or DMK, TMC or whoever.

Unlike bhakts, I don't differentiate between bigots, irrespective of the party they belong to.
So how come there is hardly a peep out of you about DMK? They have been major part of he "secular" alliance for awhile now.

I guess thats ok in your books.

So how come there is hardly a peep out of you about DMK? They have been major part of he "secular" alliance for awhile now.

I guess thats ok in your books.
That's because they hardly matter nationally. They will always be consigned to TN, and that's about it.

Its feku and his cohorts who are the biggest danger to the idea of India, not DMK and its rabble rousers. Also, I'm a devout Hindu. My religion isn't something which'll get blemished from a few abuses from the likes of DMK.

Hinduism doesn't equate with Hindutva something which you've been brainwashed into by the likes of feku.

That's because they hardly matter nationally. They will always be consigned to TN, and that's about it.

Its feku and his cohorts who are the biggest danger to the idea of India, not DMK and its rabble rousers. Also, I'm a devout Hindu. My religion isn't something which'll get blemished from a few abuses from the likes of DMK.

Hinduism doesn't equate with Hindutva something which you've been brainwashed into by the likes of feku.
So in other words, bigotry and call for genocide is ok as long it is restricted to Tamilnadu, far away from where you live. Got it.

Few abuses? Meaning, as long as they are people u don’t care about and don’t have to hear about it, u are ok with bigotry.

Here I thought you were a high on morality with all your grandstanding.

So in other words, bigotry and call for genocide is ok as long it is restricted to Tamilnadu, far away from where you live. Got it.

Few abuses? Meaning, as long as they are people u don’t care about and don’t have to hear about it, u are ok with bigotry.

Difference being sanghis killed so many Muslims during last decade. That's ok for you.

How many Hindus did DMK kill in TN?

As for call for genocide, well your beloved feku has already done genocide of Muslims. That's the difference between calling for genocide and actually making it happen under your supervision.

He has already stated that a bigot is a bigot, regardless of their party affiliation. What more do you want? He will address the biggest bigot of all. He is not accountable to those who support the biggest bigot.

To me, Rajiv Gandhi was a bigot and the one who oversaw killing of so many innocent Sikhs in 1984.

Something similar was done in Rajiv's reign in Bhagalpur, Bihar when quite a few innocent people were killed in riots.

Unlike gullible bhakts, I'm not afraid to call spade a spade and not bhakt of any political ideology, let alone of a bigot like feku.

To me, Rajiv Gandhi was a bigot and the one who oversaw killing of so many innocent Sikhs in 1984.

Something similar was done in Rajiv's reign in Bhagalpur, Bihar when quite a few innocent people were killed in riots.

Unlike gullible bhakts, I'm not afraid to call spade a spade and not bhakt of any political ideology, let alone of a bigot like feku.
Can you imagine if Sanjay Gandhi didn't die in that plane crash? History would have been completely different of our country.

Then why are Ayodhya residents being abused by bhakts?

They are being stupid.

Faizabad LS seat has 5 VS segments.

Ayodhya is one of them.

Winner Awadhesh Kumar is the MLA of the Milkispur SC seat also part of Faizabad LS.

Lallu singh took lead from Ayodhya and another VS segment.

As for call for genocide, well your beloved feku has already done genocide of Muslims. That's the difference between calling for genocide and actually making it happen under your supervision.
Sure, Hindu Muslim riots which has been a staple is all of a sudden genocide?

Total death 2000, 750 Hindus = Muslim genocide

Supreme Court clears (under congress) clears modi, but according to you he is guilty

You have zero credibility

He has already stated that a bigot is a bigot, regardless of their party affiliation. What more do you want? He will address the biggest bigot of all. He is not accountable to those who support the biggest bigot.
Sure, he is has ranting about alliance with DMk for pages and pages

Difference being sanghis killed so many Muslims during last decade. That's ok for you.

How many Hindus did DMK kill in TN?
Yup, Muslims have been nothing but innocent victims and have nothing wrong

Sure chief

Can you tell me how Modi has done genocide of Muslims?

Lol here comes the "pYjamA lEaguw" cringe..

My entire family is literally TDP for the last 50 years. Don't teach me about their power while drinking lassi in Karachi.
Is your entire family part of the TDP? Did you get lost on the way to the political party mixer? We are talking about their influence in the NDA, not your family traditions here. 😆

Is your uncle running a lassi shop in Karachi, or has your whole family been die-hard PPP supporters for the last 50 years? :inti

U seemes to be having problem with everybody, always whining this and that ,if u feel they are all useless ,then please start a party and stand in election and become PM alteast ur whining will stop

Can you imagine if Sanjay Gandhi didn't die in that plane crash? History would have been completely different of our country.
Indeed. Indian politics would have been a lot different. Who knows may be Indira Gandhi (and Rajiv Gandhi) won't have been assassinated.

Sikhs too won't have been slaughtered by Congressi mobs in 1984.

LMAO. keep crying

I got you by teh shoirt hairs there, becos you have no clue about DMK atrocities for decades
You're the one who's upset here. It looks like NDA not crossing 400 has really gotten to you. This is just the beginning of the end for BJP and their supporters. :inti

This is the problem with them, they don't take small failures well, are mentally affected by that.
Some have already left this place despite BJP's win because they know it's a fractured government, with Modi under Naidu and Nitish's control. Someone should ask why Feku's oath-taking, originally set for June 8th, was delayed by a day. :inti

Some have already left this place despite BJP's win because they know it's a fractured government, with Modi under Naidu and Nitish's control. Someone should ask why Feku's oath-taking, originally set for June 8th, was delayed by a day. :inti
Is it? Didn't know that. But we should not read too much into it.

The point is, this is a fractured government. They don't have a majority on their own. You won't hear 'Modi ki guarantee,' 'Modi this, Modi that,' or see his reckless decisions like demonetization now. :inti
Good to know that you are happy with Sanghi rule as long as you don't get to hear too much of Modi name.

I think we can shake hands on that. May Sanghis continue to rule and may sanghi haters get their small wishes.

This is the problem with them, they don't take small failures well, are mentally affected by that.
The burden of expectations.

BJP wanted 370 on its own, hence dejected.
Congress wanted 100 on its own, so elated with 99.

Your happiness and sorrow depends on the bar you set for yourself. Congress has learnt this technique how to be happy.

The burden of expectations.

BJP wanted 370 on its own, hence dejected.
Congress wanted 100 on its own, so elated with 99.

Your happiness and sorrow depends on the bar you set for yourself. Congress has learnt this technique how to be happy.
BJP needed an extra 32 seats to form Majority with the help of mainly 2 allies..

According to our Puppu and his supporters this means BJP lost 😂

But

Puppus' party congress needed around 170 plus seats with the help of around 20 plus different allies with major differences to form majority

And this is confirmation of a win by Pappu and his supporters in India and Pakistan 👏 🤡😆

And now Puppu and his scamgress party are once again back in the opposition :sanga

It seems the more you associate with our 5 year old brain developed ITalian Puppu you will become as dumb as him, and it is now in the open for everyone to see.

BJP needed an extra 32 seats to form Majority with the help of mainly 2 allies..

According to our Puppu and his supporters this means BJP lost 😂

But

Puppus' party congress needed around 170 plus seats with the help of around 20 plus different allies with major differences to form majority

And this is confirmation of a win by Pappu and his supporters in India and Pakistan 👏 🤡😆

And now Puppu and his scamgress party are once again back in the opposition :sanga

It seems the more you associate with our 5 year old brain developed ITalian Puppu you will become as dumb as him, and it is now in the open for everyone to see.
You have to be less harsh to pappu. Congress has been decimated under his watch so many times, that getting 99 seems like a massive victory, and his lapdogs have already put him on a pedestal for this. The bar is really low when it comes to pappu and congressi lapdogs.

From 'abki baar, 400 paar' to this? Poor BJP. All that arrogance and overconfidence has vanished. Some of your friends who were celebrating after the exit polls are nowhere to be seen now. Even they realize this victory is as hollow as it gets. Despite winning 99 seats, Congress has inflicted significant damage on the BJP. The biggest facepalm moment of all is the BJP's loss in Ayodhya. 😆 :inti

From 'abki baar, 400 paar' to this? Poor BJP. All that arrogance and overconfidence has vanished. Some of your friends who were celebrating after the exit polls are nowhere to be seen now. Even they realize this victory is as hollow as it gets. Despite winning 99 seats, Congress has inflicted significant damage on the BJP. The biggest facepalm moment of all is the BJP's loss in Ayodhya. 😆 :inti
There we have it folks.

From the pseudo secular of PP himself.

Can you be anymore delirious :inti

I agree with one thing though, puppu has definitely done some damage. They don't call the little Italian bacha the lord of destruction for no reason, he single handled demolished the Congress party 🤡

Knowing feku's penchant for total domination and his past track record, I have no doubt in my mind that he'll try to break the likes of TDP and JDU too.

He is also called a Bhasmasur.

Modi to be sworn in as India's PM on Sunday

Narendra Modi, leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), is set to take oath as India's prime minister for a record-equalling third term on Sunday.

A senior party leader said that the ceremony would take place at 6pm local time (12.30 GMT).

On Tuesday, a BJP-led coalition, the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), won the general election with 293 seats.

The results were unexpected as the BJP did not win an outright majority as several exit polls had predicted.

This led to a couple of days of uncertainty over whether alliance partners would back Mr Modi and the BJP or negotiate with an opposition bloc to try and form the government.

But on Friday, NDA leaders unanimously backed Mr Modi as the leader of the coalition and their prime ministerial candidate.

At the meeting in capital Delhi, Mr Modi thanked his allies and said that the NDA would make every effort to govern the country well and take it forward.

"NDA has completed around three decades [as an alliance], this is no ordinary thing. I can say that this is the most successful alliance," he added.

The BJP won 240 seats in the election, several seats short of the 272 required to get a majority in India's 543 member parliament.

However, two key BJP allies, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the Janata Dal (United) (JD(U)), won 16 and 12 seats each in their respective states, pushing the NDA comfortably over the half-way mark.

Media reports had earlier speculated that the opposition alliance, which won 234 seats, might approach the TDP and JD(U) to support the bloc and stake claim to form the government.

Friday's announcement by the BJP has put that speculation to rest.

In the coming days, the coalition will announce the names of ministers and assign key portfolios.

There will also be interest in what concessions - such as key ministries or financial benefits to their states - might be granted to regional parties to keep them within the alliance.

Media reports suggest that TDP leader, Chandrababu Naidu, might ask for his state, Andhra Pradesh, to be given special status in exchange for his support.

This status grants a state certain financial benefits for its development.

In 2018, Mr Naidu had left the NDA due to disagreements over this very demand. He re-joined the alliance months before this year's general election.

There has been no official statement by his party about such a demand.

On Wednesday, Mr Modi submitted his resignation to President Droupadi Murmu, and the parliament was dissolved, a formal step before a new prime minister and MPs are sworn in.

BBC

They came back to power. Always remember this.
They got feedback about what worked and what didn't work.

Be wary of the sanghis who are more formidable now than an overconfident one had they not faced such challenges.

Back