[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Mohammad Amir - a failed career?

2009 we won and he was a huge part of that. Was pre fixing though so no problems with that. Ct 2017, Amir didn’t bowl that well in the tournament over all. Hasan was outstanding and Junaid was great as well. Amir turned up in the final, but so did the other two. We won by such a big margin, with or without Amir we would have likely won the title. People definitely overrate the part Amir played in ct 2017. He bowled brilliantly in final, but there were numerous other players who performed better overall.

On the whole I don’t think Amir’s return benefited Pakistan. I think he’s actually a good bowler even after ban. I don’t think he owed Pak anything when we decided to pick him after ban and was unfairly treated as a result of this thinking. But we missed the opportunity to take a hard line stance on fixing and root it out. We have had other fixers since, and every fixer claims that they hope to get the same welcome back in to the side as Amir. Amir has shown it is possible to fix and come back to the national side. I don’t blame Amir at all for returning after the ban. It’s the fault of PCB for selecting him, and perhaps fan base for supporting that decision. Other countries wouldn’t have done so.

And I think it will get worse how we rememeber Amir. 20 years now when ultimately we will have racked up more fixers likely because Pakistan is the most lenient country to fixers, people will look at our bringing back of Amir and point to it as a mistake. People won’t care so much about the ct win decades ago, when the new talented guy we had our hopes on gets banned for fixing.

The trio getting caught was actually a blessing for Pakistan. We just chose to waste the opportunity of ridding fixing from our cricket. We’ve had more fixing cases after the trio than before. Some deterrent. If I was a corrupt bookmaker I would go to Pakistan specifically over the others at it will be easier to convince their cricketers that even if they caught, they can come back, so less risk. Not going to say New Zealand where Vincent wasn’t even allowed to set foot in a cricket stadium again even as a spectator.

Not a good day for Mohammad Amir at Global GT20 league, he bowled 3.1 overs conceded 24 runs and went wicketless as his team Vancouver Knights lost the match against Brampton Wolves by 6 wickets.

Mohammad Amir is enjoying bowling in the Canadian Global T20 League. He delivered an excellent spell, taking 3/18 in 4 overs against Montreal Tigers to restrict them to 109/10.

Vancouver Knights' Mohammad Amir finished the GT20 2024 as the 8th highest wicket-taker, taking 9 wickets in 7 matches at an economy rate of 5.10, how do you rate his performance?

This guy had to defend 16 runs in the last over to win a game for his team in CPL but he ended up getting hit for 6 off the last ball to lose it. Gave us that USA game vibes.

EKNhZuu.png

Mohamad Amir is getting smashed in every other match in CPL... again today he conceded 44 runs in just 3.3 overs without taking any wicket against Barbados.

But but but he is mentally strong and keeps his cool under pressure.

Mohamad Amir is getting smashed in every other match in CPL... again today he conceded 44 runs in just 3.3 overs without taking any wicket against Barbados.
Amir is done now, but the question remains, who else could we have taken in 2024 wc?

Ali would have gotten spanked left and right with the 120 pies he bowls and he + Usama mir were our top wicket takers.

It shows how bad the situation is. Maybe mir Hamza or Khurram shehzad but the question remains the same.

Pakistani bowlers besides rauf just don't have any pace. It's probably why rauf despite his line and length being all over the place, he gets the most wickets especially in t20. With that speed, a batter will eventually knick it, we'll get caught outside the inner ring.

In this test series that was the main issue. Bangladesh's slowest bowlers can bowl at 139 to 143 kph while their fastest rana can easily go from 145 to 152kph.

Our bowlers reached 141 maybe a few times early on but as soon as they were tasked to bowl more then 3 to 4 overs, the pace collapsed back to 120.

Amir is done now, but the question remains, who else could we have taken in 2024 wc?

Ali would have gotten spanked left and right with the 120 pies he bowls and he + Usama mir were our top wicket takers.

It shows how bad the situation is. Maybe mir Hamza or Khurram shehzad but the question remains the same.

Pakistani bowlers besides rauf just don't have any pace. It's probably why rauf despite his line and length being all over the place, he gets the most wickets especially in t20. With that speed, a batter will eventually knick it, we'll get caught outside the inner ring.

In this test series that was the main issue. Bangladesh's slowest bowlers can bowl at 139 to 143 kph while their fastest rana can easily go from 145 to 152kph.

Our bowlers reached 141 maybe a few times early on but as soon as they were tasked to bowl more then 3 to 4 overs, the pace collapsed back to 120.
Oh man, this really goes to show how badly pcb fudged with Ihsanullah.

He could have actually made a difference if given a long run.

Fast bowler Mohammad Amir has made a significant mark in T20 cricket history by setting a new record for the most maiden overs delivered.

Mohammad Amir has surpassed Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s record of 24 maiden overs and now holds the third position globally with 25 maiden overs.

The record for the most maiden overs is currently held by Sunil Narine with 30, while Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan is in second place with 26 maiden overs.

In terms of potential he was the most talented I’ve seen from a Pakistani player. More than Babar, Umar akmal, Shaheen, Yousuf. I imagine you’d have to go back to Wasim akram which I didn’t see. Don’t see any pacer that we had recently with the brains, skill, control. Which is why he has such a low economy rate, it’s not like he can rely on things like huge pace or extraordinarily tall to get good bounce.

There was something truly special there. Just wasted it with one stupid mistake. Still should be happy that he had a good career overall. Just couldn’t keep his body as fit on return which is understandable given the long break. And the quality of his team mates at times didn’t help, you’d often see them playing out Amir and going after the others which often led to Amir sometimes underperforming in the wickets department.

Will go down as a substantially worse bowler than Shaheen. And people like Gul had a better career in my opinion. Is a shame for the talent involved, but then again he’s one of the few sportsman ever to have a long career after being banned for fixing, so looking at it that way he’s done very well.

Mohammad Amir, Pakistan's seasoned left-arm fast bowler, has achieved another milestone in his distinguished career, becoming the third Pakistani pacer to surpass 350 T20 wickets.

Amir attained this feat during a Caribbean Premier League 2024 match, where he claimed two vital wickets for Antigua and Barbuda against Guyana.

This accomplishment cements Amir's position alongside Wahab Riaz and Sohail Tanvir as Pakistan's most successful T20 fast bowlers, all of whom have crossed the 350-wicket threshold

Back