[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Pakistan announce squad for 1st Test against England

I have got issues with the underlying squad. I my personal opinion the following players don't have a long-term test career and we should already be looking elsewhere.

1. Saim Ayub
The guy has an expansive style of playing and not a thorough defensive technique. He might be getting 50s here and there but I don't see a long-term test opener in him as I don't see any big test hundreds in him.

2. Shan Masood
Let's be real his time is done and although he is very fit his results speak why he shouldn't be in the team.

3. Khurram Shahzad
Although many people will disagree with me here, I just don't see this guy making it in test career. Even if we look the recent series a large chunk of his overall wickets were either just poor batting or him getting lucky. He would struggle in long-run and not to mention the guy is as fragile as glass.

Other notable mention do not require any reasoning like Sarfraz Ahmed and Nouman Ali.

Players I see with long-term test career are as follows:
1. Hurraira
The guy has one of the best defensive techniques I have seen recently. Further the guy plays ball super late. I see him having a very good red ball career.

2. Kamran Ghulam
Pretty much the gutsiest Pakistani player. He is mentally very strong and we need a player like him who isn't mentally defeated in the field, can lift team in desperate situations. Not to mention in red hot form for past 2-3 years.

3. Aamir Jamal
The guy is the ideal 3rd seam bowler in Asian conditions and 4th seam bowler in SENA conditions. His performances in Australia was a breath of fresh air, hopefully he keeps his work ethic strong.

My Pakistani team for home conditions suitable for spinners would be as follows:
1. Hurraira
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Kamran Ghulam
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan
7. Mubasir Khan / Salman Agha
8. Aamir Jamal / Mehran Mumtaz
9. Shaheen Shah
10. Naseem Shah
11. Abrar Ahmed
Unfortunately pcb is not thinking like the same.

Kamran was not selected once again but there is not reason for him to not be there.
Huraira is not given a chance in last series although both saim and abdullah were pathetic and he is still not gonna get a chance most probably.

I worry for Aamir Jamal. This guy will go at 9 RPO in Tests in Pakistan against England.

Pakistan needs to play horses for courses. Aamir Jamal is a completely rubbish selection for Pakistani conditions. I hope he doesn't play any Test if the pitches are going to be batter friendly.

I worry for Aamir Jamal. This guy will go at 9 RPO in Tests in Pakistan against England.

Pakistan needs to play horses for courses. Aamir Jamal is a completely rubbish selection for Pakistani conditions. I hope he doesn't play any Test if the pitches are going to be batter friendly.
He can get usefully runs down the order and proberly be the enforcer in terms off bowling.

I want to see this playing 11 in the 1st test:

Huraira
Shan
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Salman
Aamer Jamal
Abrar
Naseem
Mir Hamza
Noman Ali

Saim and Abdullah will play as far as I can expect from Shan so Noman and Huraira will miss out. Shaheen should be rested.

I want to see this playing 11 in the 1st test:

Huraira
Shan
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Salman
Aamer Jamal
Abrar
Naseem
Mir Hamza
Noman Ali

Saim and Abdullah will play as far as I can expect from Shan so Noman and Huraira will miss out. Shaheen should be rested.
Saim is a good aggressive young batsman no reason we should be discarding him so quickly. I believe he has a bright future.

Playing 11 will also depend on the surface.
I think they won't leave grass on surface which they did against BD underestimating their pace attack.

My 11

Saim
Abdullah
Shan(unfortunately)
King Bobsy
Saud
Superman Riz
Salman Ali
Nauman Ali/Aamir Jamal (depending on conditions)
Shaheen
Naseem
Abrar

Needs to pull his length by a metre or so to be enforcer in Pakistan because the pitches simply don't bounce.

Will require a lot of hard work but it is possible imo.

Pakistan Continues Preparations Ahead of First Test Against England

PHNbd7o.jpg

koYFmmo.jpg

pjSZIux.jpg

OwHGH89.jpg

o1uooRp.jpg

ZcHuzBS.jpg

N3iF1lA.jpg

O68gJep.jpg

O68gJep.jpg

AqM3eoC.jpg

VE3pCVT.jpg