Planning to recreate the India-Pakistan World Cup T20 game. Need some help with ratings

cricketloverindia

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
So, I'm planning to recreate the recent India-Pakistan World Cup T20 game using some probability simulations. However, I'm not so familiar with the ratings of Pakistani players. Hence, if you guys could help me (of course being unbiased) then that would be great. Ratings are very simple - Just a usual A - D grade system with A being the best and D not so good. The ratings matter, but since it's a simulation so it's not always that A will beat D every time.

I've attached a screen shot of what I am looking for. It's the same exact line-up that played that day. I've already rated the Indian players according to my knowledge. Feel free to comment on that if you would like, however, I would need the A-D batting/bowling ratings for Pakistani players. You don't need to rate anyone that doesn't bowl, however everyone's batting needs to be rated. I've already rated Babar Azam and S. Afridi as A in batting and bowling respectively.

Thanks for the help.

IndPakgame.JPG

Rizwan A
Fakhar B D
Hafeez B B
Malik B C
Asif C
Shadab C B
Imad C B
Hasan C A
Haris D B
Shaheen D A

OP does not know which category Rizwan belongs to but gives Bhuvneshwar an A

... :faheem

These simulations mean nothing.

Maybe you think it was a fluke or watever.

Pakistan won because of its two slowest batsmen in t20 performed. The fire power of Hafeez, Fakhar, Asif ali and Shadab Khan was never unleashed.

Shami being given an A lol and Varun mystery who has not played internationla cricket and had a wicket per match in ipl is given B.

For T20s in my opinion Pandya is C with bowling, Bhuvi is B with bowling, and Shami B too(had a terrible world cup). Hasan Ali is also B. Only Bumrah and Shaheen are true A grade pace bowlers.

Okay, Thanks for creating this forum and asking for our feedback to rate Pakistani players. I will rate Pakistani players as unbiased I will be but before I do that, I need to point out some of the ratings you have given to Indian players. As a person who has been watching cricket for 25 years, I think some of the Indian players have been rated too high. They are:

1) How is B. Kumar given a rating off A in bolwing? Assuming that A is the best, by giving B. Kumar an A rating, you are implying that he is as good as Pat Cummins or Shaheen Shah Afridi which is not true. I would give him a rating off B

2) And how would you give Shami batting rating off C? All I know he is a tailender who's average is in single digits and he has just played one meaningful innings at Lords last year which could have been a fluke. So I would rate his batting D

Now coming to Pakistani player ratings, Assuming A= 85 to 90 percentile, B= 60 to 70, C= 30 to 40 and D being 10 to 20 percentile, my ratings would be:

Babar= A
Rizwan = A
Fakhar = A (batting) D (bowling)
Hafeez = B (batting) B (bowling)
Malik= B (batting) C (bowling)
Asif Ali= B (batting)
Shadab= B (batting) B (bowling)
Imad = B (batting) B (bowling)
Hassan = C (batting) In T20 he is a B rating for bowling. In other formats, he is A rating in bowling but for T20, he is a B
Haris= D (batting) A (bowling)
Shaheen= D (batting) A (bowling)

Hey OP, if you can somehow manufacture some kind of time machine and keep the streak alive, beer's on us haha!

Back