"Time for rotation is over, we want to now give as many opportunities to what we believe is our strongest team ahead of the T20 World Cup": Babar Azam

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Babar Azam in a presser today, he spoke on a variety of topics and answered following queries:

Q: On any specific plan to tackle Kohli in World Cup 2024?

"Whenever you play against an opponent, you do play with a plan in sight. You never make a plan against a specific individual of a team but against all the members of a playing XI. Whether it's in the batting or bowling domain, you have to plan for everything. In New York, we will witness different conditions and how the pitch behaves there will certainly have a great effect on our preparations. No doubt [Virat Kohli] is one of the best players and we would try to execute our best strategies against him."

Q: On rotation policy experiment in the upcoming series before World Cup

"Well we do have little time before the World Cup now so we will try our best to play as much with the same combination as we are expecting to stick with in the World Cup so the players can get the maximum opportunities. Also, we will try to sort out our batting and bowling combinations and we have already done that to a great extent so we will try to play with our best available squad strength [in the Ireland and England series]."

Q: On Hasan Ali's inclusion into the T20 squad for Ireland and England Series

"We need to understand that [Hasan Ali] is not a part of the 15-member squad, but has been included as a backup player. You also need to factor in his rich experience not only in the T20s but also overall in all formats of cricket. Zaman Khan and Abbas Afridi are also in the squad but they are only new ball bowlers so that's why Hasan Ali has been made a part of the team. Also, it's not like any one but seven members of the Selection Committee have chosen him so it's wrong to say that he was included at the behest of a single individual."

Q: On reason behind low score in powerplay

"I would say that mostly in powerplays, we score above 50. Yes, you could say that on 2 to 3 occasions, we have ended up with scores in the 30's and 40's in the powerplay. Rizwan and I have a different pattern of play, we have scored 60, 70 (in poweplays) and chased 200 too successfully. Saim is an impact player. I feel that if he stays for a long period of time, then he can score 80 in 5 overs. You can't say that we will score 50–60 plus in every game in the powerplay, as sometimes two wickets fall early and then you have to play accordingly."

Q: Reasons behind non inclusion of Mohammad Haris and Aamer Jamal in the T20 Squad for Ireland and England series

"I do agree Mohammad Haris didn't get a proper opportunity the way he should have after the 2022 T20 World Cup. However, he did get an opportunity in the PSL, but he didn't perform as per expectations. I am not saying he is a bad player. Everyone goes through a rough patch.”

“Furthermore, he plays in the top-order, and we already have a lot of players in the top-order, including me, Rizwan, Saim Ayub, and Fakhar Zaman.”

"Aamer Jamal performed in Test cricket and his Test performance cannot be compared with T20s. He is a fine all-rounder. He need some more time and more matches under his belt, which will get him further polished for T20 cricket."

Q: Gary Kirsten's role in planning and strategizing for the upcoming ICC T20I World Cup 2024

"He is a very experienced coach, and his presence should be beneficial for us all. He is already taking a lot of interest in the planning for the World Cup and discussing strategy with the team management."

"He shares his plans with us, discussions are happening with coaches about our planning, and we update him on net practice plans, like how the bowling practice went today."

Last edited by a moderator:
“I would say I am a modern T20 standard opener…even though I hit a six every 50 balls or so”

Babar Azam in a presser today spoke on a variety of topics and answered following queries:

Q: On any specific plan to tackle Kohli in WC 2024

"Whenever you play against an opponent, you do play with a plan in sight. You never make a plan against a specific individual of a team but against all the members of a playing XI. Whether it's in the batting or bowling domain, you have to plan for everything. In New York, we will witness different conditions and how the pitch behaves there will certainly have a great effect on our preparations. No doubt [Virat Kohli] is one of the best players and we would try to execute our best strategies against him."

Q: On rotation policy experiment in the upcoming series before WC

"Well we do have little time before the World Cup now so we will try our best to play as much with the same combination as we are expecting to stick with in the World Cup so the players can get the maximum opportunities. Also, we will try to sort out our batting and bowling combinations and we have already done that to a great extent so we will try to play with our best available squad strength [in the Ireland and England series]"

Q: On Hasan Ali's inclusion into the squad

"We need to understand that [Hasan Ali] is not a part of the 15-member squad, but has been included as a backup player. You also need to factor in his rich experience not only in the T20s but also overall in all formats of cricket. Zaman Khan and Abbas Afridi are also in the squad but they are only new ball bowlers so that's why Hasan Ali has been made a part of the team. Also, it's not like any one but seven members of the Selection Committee have chosen him so it's wrong to say that he was included at the behest of a single individual."

Q: On reason behind low score in powerplay

"I would say that mostly in powerplays, we score above 50. Yes, you could say that on 2 to 3 occasions we have ended up with scores in the 30's and 40's in the powerplay. Rizwan and I have a different pattern of play, we have chased 70 and 200 successfully. Saim is an impact player. I feel that if he stays for a long period of time, then he can score 80 in 5 overs. You can't say that we will score 50-60 plus in every game in the powerplay as sometimes two wickets fall early and then you had to play accordingly."
Why does babar always shove responsibility away from himself?

In the world cup it was fakhar is my impact player and I am an achorer. In t20 now its saim will he the guy to score 80 in 5.

Bro you're considered the best pakiatani batsmen in this era, why can't you say that about yourself? That if I stay ill hit 80 of 5? Or that rizwan will do so?

Aren't you 2 the most senior? Most experienced? The highest ICC ranked? And the god damn openers? Why should a newbie 21 year old have to do it for you?

Such a loser ong.

. Rizwan and I have a different pattern of play, we have chased 70 and 200 successfully. Saim is an impact player.
So why are you and Rizwan allowed to exploit the powerplay for yourself knowing you don’t want to play like Saim?!?!?!?!????

I beg you guys get me a 1-1 interrogation with this guy Babar Azam on live nation TV!

The coward we as a nation have inherited. He’s going nowhere
I can understand if he said nothing about himself since people like being humble after all.

But during 2021 wc, Kohli said verbatim that rohit sharma is going nowhere and if rohit bats 10 overs, Theirs no question that the team will win.

I'm fact in 2023, Rohit was the reason India kept winning lol, It faiked in the final but that's mostly because after he departed for 80-1, Australia took 2 wickets back to back in succession and then Rahul chocked. But overall it was still a 95% win rate.

Similarly other Indian players have said about kohli if he bats through we will always win.

Then you have Australian, South African, England players all do the same.

So how come theirs no interview on Babar saying if rizwan bats 5 overs we'll get 80? Isn't rizwan the Bradman of t20 cricket?

Babar literally will use fakhar's, saim, usman Khan's name, but he will deliberately leave put rizwan and chacha and those other 2 bozos will do the same.

Copying my earlier post.

Babar says the reason why Hasan Ali was picked as backup is because he has experience of playing Cricket. Not necessarily of T20 Cricket.

He then says Zaman was not picked because he's a new ball bowler and we already have new ball bowlers.

:facepalm: Hasan Ali in because Cricket experience
Zaman Khan out because Babar thinks he's a new ball bowler.

Copying my earlier post.

Babar says the reason why Hasan Ali was picked as backup is because he has experience of playing Cricket. Not necessarily of T20 Cricket.

He then says Zaman was not picked because he's a new ball bowler and we already have new ball bowlers.

:facepalm: Hasan Ali in because Cricket experience
Zaman Khan out because Babar thinks he's a new ball bowler.
I don't get this experience experience nonsense.

Since when has experience ever been a thing for has been bowlers?

I can understand if he said nothing about himself since people like being humble after all.

But during 2021 wc, Kohli said verbatim that rohit sharma is going nowhere and if rohit bats 10 overs, Theirs no question that the team will win.

I'm fact in 2023, Rohit was the reason India kept winning lol, It faiked in the final but that's mostly because after he departed for 80-1, Australia took 2 wickets back to back in succession and then Rahul chocked. But overall it was still a 95% win rate.

Similarly other Indian players have said about kohli if he bats through we will always win.

Then you have Australian, South African, England players all do the same.

So how come theirs no interview on Babar saying if rizwan bats 5 overs we'll get 80? Isn't rizwan the Bradman of t20 cricket?

Babar literally will use fakhar's, saim, usman Khan's name, but he will deliberately leave put rizwan and chacha and those other 2 bozos will do the same.
His fans are unlucky to have sharp minded people like yourself dissecting his nonsense here. They really hate to read or question this stuff. Babar on the other hand will happily feed them nonsense through his own low intellect because they will continue to buy it and be in denial

I don't get this experience experience nonsense.

Since when has experience ever been a thing for has been bowlers?
Experience matters but Zaman has experience of playing T20 Cricket. He maybe new to ODI or Test but he's arguably better T20 bowler than Hasan.

Zaman also is known for his death bowling skills. Not new ball. Don't know how Babar made the conclusion that Zaman is a new ball bowler.

Too many excuses for the powerplay, shows the team management and the players are still in denial about the demands of modern day T20 cricket.

Yes, Babar and Rizwan are different players and have a completely different playing style, yet it will never hurt for Babar to admit in a press conference that they are actively working on improving themselves and their style of play.

The attitude and mentality is not right. Babar and Rizwan are your best batsmen, and they should be acknowledging their shortcomings rather than make excuses for it.

So I hope that means Imad will be back on the bench. He can’t fit into the playing XI because both Abrar and Shadab are better.
You can have all 3 in the West Indies where spinners will be more handy

Too many excuses for the powerplay, shows the team management and the players are still in denial about the demands of modern day T20 cricket.

Yes, Babar and Rizwan are different players and have a completely different playing style, yet it will never hurt for Babar to admit in a press conference that they are actively working on improving themselves and their style of play.

The attitude and mentality is not right. Babar and Rizwan are your best batsmen, and they should be acknowledging their shortcomings rather than make excuses for it.
You’ve basically criticised Babar and Rizwan by writing this response as if it were Babar Azam himself.

You can have all 3 in the West Indies where spinners will be more handy
That might not be possible if you are fitting in Shaheen, Naseem and Amir into the same team.

Shaheen and Naseem will not be dropped and it seems like Amir’s place is not under threat either in spite of the mauling against New Zealand D.

Unless Abrar gets the short end of the stick again, there is a good possibility that Imad will be on the bench and the tears of his fans will taste sweeter than honey.

Shaheen and Naseem will not be dropped and it seems like Amir’s place is not under threat either in spite of the mauling against New Zealand D.
Full on dishonesty

What where Shaheen and Naseem’s figures in the 3rd T20i at Rawalpindi????

Whenever you play against an opponent, you do play with a plan in sight. You never make a plan against a specific individual of a team but against all the members of a playing XI
Errrr, say what now? That is literally what you need to do in a T20 game, have quick executable plans against each batsmen targeting their individual weaknesses straight away.

If you have team plans, like restrict them to 150 as a team, well they will chase down your target of 160 in the last 3 overs smashing your premium bowlers and nawaz.

Can someone please share the game scorecard where Babar and Rizwan scored 70 in the powerplay

Why are we only worried about Virat Kohli ahead of the World Cup? Pakistan is going to compete against much better, in-form players too, such as Travis Head and Heinrich Klaasen.

I'm not sure which rotation he's talking about, as we didn't even see a rotation policy during the home New Zealand series.

Full on dishonesty

What where Shaheen and Naseem’s figures in the 3rd T20i at Rawalpindi????
Shaheen is Pakistan’s best fast bowler. A washed up, over the hill Amir is not his competitor.

Naseem is overrated but he is one of the golden boys of Pakistan cricket, deeply loved by fans and PCB alike. He will also not be dropped.

PCB is deluded enough to think that an expired Amir in 2024 can have the same impact as 2009 and 2017 and they will learn it the hard way that those days are gone by.

Pakistan will have a difficult time accommodating Shaheen, Naseem, Shadab, Abrar, Imad and Amir in the same XI.

Shaheen is Pakistan’s best fast bowler. A washed up, over the hill Amir is not his competitor.
Shaheen can’t bowl past 10 overs. He can’t be Pakistan’s best fast bowler if he can’t use his brain on how to bowl at the end.

Furthermore, Shaheen went and got Amir back so he doesn’t have to bowl at the end

Naseem is overrated but he is one of the golden boys of Pakistan cricket, deeply loved by fans and PCB alike. He will also not be dropped.

PCB is deluded enough to think that an expired Amir in 2024 can have the same impact as 2009 and 2017 and they will learn it the hard way that those days are gone by.

Pakistan will have a difficult time accommodating Shaheen, Naseem, Shadab, Abrar, Imad and Amir in the same XI.
Why are you waffling?

I asked you what where their figures in the 3rd T20i against NZ c?

One track minds can’t nominate a batting lineup that will get Pakistan 200-220 type scores on most days.

The current lineup that we have is decent enough for the type of scores that they can realistically achieve 170-180.

Given the resources, Pakistan is a stronger side with Babar and Rizwan batting in the top 3.

Pakistan needs to focus on fielding and bowling, and they have already handicapped themselves by bringing Amir and Imad back who don’t fit into Pakistan’s best XI.

Shaheen can’t bowl past 10 overs. He can’t be Pakistan’s best fast bowler if he can’t use his brain on how to bowl at the end.

Furthermore, Shaheen went and got Amir back so he doesn’t have to bowl at the end
This is a T20I World Cup, not an ODI World Cup. What is the relevance of 10+ overs?

Amir doesn’t have the guts to make himself available for ODIs because he knows his station.

Why are you waffling?

I asked you what where their figures in the 3rd T20i against NZ c?
What is the point of focusing on individual games? What were Shaheen’s figures in the final T20I compared to Amir’s?

Anyone can do better than anyone in a specific match, but everyone knows that Shaheen will outperform him more than not because he is simply a better bowler in 2024 than Amir.

Shaheen was below full fitness levels in the PSL and he was still significantly better than Amir. No one asked Amir to get outperformed.

This is a T20I World Cup, not an ODI World Cup. What is the relevance of 10+ overs?

Amir doesn’t have the guts to make himself available for ODIs because he knows his station.
Amir doesn’t want to play for Pakistan…period. It’s Pakistan who begged him to come back on his terms. Get over it.

It’s called being straightforward, rather than seeking attention through nonsense posts because of an agenda.

You need help if you think attention on an online forum will get you anywhere.
Your agenda is to protect Babar and Rizwan at all costs

And my vendetta is to expose them because I think they have been exploiting Pakistan cricket. This is my sincere belief since 2020. I will believe this till my dying breath. It will be engraved on my tombstone.

That’s not an agenda. It is a conviction. A vendetta!

Well what exactly are you doing?
What am I doing? I said Shaheen is far better than Amir in 2024 and I didn’t focus on any specific matches because I don’t need to.

I know for a fact that Shaheen will outperform Amir more often than not. It is you who are focusing on individual matches like the third T20I because deep down, you are also aware that Shaheen is better than him.

This is the same reason why you clutched at straws the other day and claimed that Amir “saved” Pakistan in the 5th T20I in spite of going at 12 runs an over.

Amir doesn’t want to play for Pakistan…period. It’s Pakistan who begged him to come back on his terms. Get over it.
Was getting humiliated by a NZ D batsman and IPL reject Tim Seifert part of the terms? :klopp

Was getting humiliated by a NZ D batsman and IPL reject Tim Seifert part of the terms? :klopp
Seems you’ve forgotten the pasting Shaheen received from NZ’s 7th choice opener Tim Robinson, and the humongous six by Foxcroft over deep midwicket

Biggest issue I have is the promotion to opener. Babar is a good opener, but can also play at 3, and has better stats there. In doing so, we have demoted Rizwan who has similar style of play and output (in fact as opener his record is better than Babar), who we already know would perform similar to Babar up top. What we don’t know is how well any other batsmen do at 3. Most in the past have failed. The only one player we know who will definitely succeed there in Babar.

Thus we have basically freed up one position we had locked down in 3, for Babar to lock down opening. When there are many players who want to open, but would struggle at 3.

We should have just tried an aggressive pair, something like fakhar and Saim. And then Babar And Rizwan come after. Then we can at least trying something new, searching for that aggressive start. There is actually then a good reason for Rizwan to drop down.

Even when both Rizwan and Babar opened, you could make a case that there weren’t any proven alternative openers. For example you had to do what we have done with Saim, give him chances and hope he will eventually perform. Thus opening with those two didn’t really make our team any weaker.

But switching Rizwan and Babar seems illogical. You’re just making the no.3 position significantly worse, and keeping the opening position basically the same (or even worse). It’s just increased the number of batting positions we need to lock down as a result.

Biggest issue I have is the promotion to opener. Babar is a good opener, but can also play at 3, and has better stats there. In doing so, we have demoted Rizwan who has similar style of play and output (in fact as opener his record is better than Babar), who we already know would perform similar to Babar up top. What we don’t know is how well any other batsmen do at 3. Most in the past have failed. The only one player we know who will definitely succeed there in Babar.

Thus we have basically freed up one position we had locked down in 3, for Babar to lock down opening. When there are many players who want to open, but would struggle at 3.

We should have just tried an aggressive pair, something like fakhar and Saim. And then Babar And Rizwan come after. Then we can at least trying something new, searching for that aggressive start. There is actually then a good reason for Rizwan to drop down.

Even when both Rizwan and Babar opened, you could make a case that there weren’t any proven alternative openers. For example you had to do what we have done with Saim, give him chances and hope he will eventually perform. Thus opening with those two didn’t really make our team any weaker.

But switching Rizwan and Babar seems illogical. You’re just making the no.3 position significantly worse, and keeping the opening position basically the same (or even worse). It’s just increased the number of batting positions we need to lock down as a result.
In short. Babar can play both opening at no. 3 positions well. But we don't have any other better no. 3 than Babar rn.

Time for rotation was 4 games?

So you will now go with 1 XI for the next 11 games into the super 8s?
Did babar even rotate? What did he rotate?

All he did was shuffle the bowlers. He didn't shuffle the batting order even once.

Your agenda is to protect Babar and Rizwan at all costs

And my vendetta is to expose them because I think they have been exploiting Pakistan cricket. This is my sincere belief since 2020. I will believe this till my dying breath. It will be engraved on my tombstone.

That’s not an agenda. It is a conviction. A vendetta!

Then again, if promoting Asif Ali as the captain of the national team was also based out of conviction.

What am I doing? I said Shaheen is far better than Amir in 2024 and I didn’t focus on any specific matches because I don’t need to.

I know for a fact that Shaheen will outperform Amir more often than not. It is you who are focusing on individual matches like the third T20I because deep down, you are also aware that Shaheen is better than him.

This is the same reason why you clutched at straws the other day and claimed that Amir “saved” Pakistan in the 5th T20I in spite of going at 12 runs an over.
You said a fit and firing shaheen is superior to any pakistani player. Besides wasim and imran.

Even though you later backtracked on Gull and 2009 Amir lol.

Even went witch excuses for all formats 😂😂😂

Did babar even rotate? What did he rotate?

All he did was shuffle the bowlers. He didn't shuffle the batting order even once.
The only thing he rotated was his eyebrows when NZ won 2 and were about to win a 3rd T20i out of the 4 games played

Then again, if promoting Asif Ali as the captain of the national team was also based out of conviction
And yes, anyone who plays for the country first should be captain.

The thing I don't understand why Babar just doesn't go down play number 3 and let Rizwan and Saim open? Babar's best performances in white ball cricket has been as a number 3 in ODI cricket.

The guy is so stubborn and that's why he will not lift a winning World cup trophy for Pakistan in his career.

The thing I don't understand why Babar just doesn't go down play number 3 and let Rizwan and Saim open? Babar's best performances in white ball cricket has been as a number 3 in ODI cricket.

The guy is so stubborn and that's why he will not lift a winning World cup trophy for Pakistan in his career.
number of reason

If he opens, he can tuk tuk until the 15th over, which boosts his average but at a slow pace.

him playing 15 overs won't allow others to outperform him as they only have 5 overs to play with between them selves.

Overall, this strategy might make him appear as the savior of the Pakistan team to the public, who will only notice the runs scored and not consider the strike rate or the number of balls it took to accumulate those runs.

number of reason

If he opens, he can tuk tuk until the 15th over, which boosts his average but at a slow pace.

him playing 15 overs won't allow others to outperform him as they only have 5 overs to play with between them selves.

Overall, this strategy might make him appear as the savior of the Pakistan team to the public, who will only notice the runs scored and not consider the strike rate or the number of balls it took to accumulate those runs.
Opening is just the safest soft. You have the most available time to make up for things. Not to mention only 2 fielders outside the powerplay.

Even Fakhar likes opening but he's a champion mentality guy. Always for the team. He's playing at no. 4 and is ready to even play at no. 7 if team needs.

The problem is, the players & selectors still believe in Haris Rauf. His last 2 years have been poor, dropping & discarding would be beneficial, specially considering how Abbas Afridi is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Also Babar & Rizwan should really look at themselves rather than blame other batters to why they aren't scoring enough runs.

Time must given to Saim Ayub. There's no doubt he has talent & potential but his form is poor & must be persisted with.

Picking Hasan as a reserve is poor considering they could have picked a whole host of pacers with T20 pedigree. Even Aamir Jamal would have been a better pick.

Hassan Ali should have been in the main squad ahead of Amir. He bowled much better than him in the PSL.

Amir does not deserve to be in the team on merit.

Hassan Ali should have been in the main squad ahead of Amir. He bowled much better than him in the PSL.

absolutely he's the 4th best bowler pakistan ever produced after imran khan, waseem akram and shaheen shah afridi

Amir has been given preference over others due to experience, but if we consider merit, he is Aamer Jamal.

rotation policy doesn't mean that you keep rotating failures in every other series just because of the dosti yari culture... in this so called very strong team where Hassan Ali can get adjusted?

It might be in theory easier opening. But unlike the rest Babar has confirmation he can perform at 3. There’s literally no competition for him too there. And he has a better record at 3.

I think it’s the whole Saim bats well with Babar in PSL thing, which was the excuse to push Babar back up to open. To be honest though I think the majority of the public wanted Saim and Babar to open anyway. Probably even management. We were just so desperate to see Saim perform and people think he has hit best chance if Babar is at the other end.

I guess it could work eventually. Problem is if Saim doesn’t work out or he performs regardless of whether Babar opens or not, we’re weaker for it.

It might be in theory easier opening. But unlike the rest Babar has confirmation he can perform at 3. There’s literally no competition for him too there. And he has a better record at 3.

I think it’s the whole Saim bats well with Babar in PSL thing, which was the excuse to push Babar back up to open. To be honest though I think the majority of the public wanted Saim and Babar to open anyway. Probably even management. We were just so desperate to see Saim perform and people think he has hit best chance if Babar is at the other end.

I guess it could work eventually. Problem is if Saim doesn’t work out or he performs regardless of whether Babar opens or not, we’re weaker for it.
The reason Babar wants to open has nothing to do with easy.

Opening is the easiest place to break or make milestones. Now why does babar want milestones?

Because more milestones =

A) More chances of getting selected for leagues like the 100 aka higher prices + More money + More sponsors.

B) It allows him to secure his future after retirement, it's why Bobby choose to do the harvard program and why he wants captaincy. The whole shan masood and shaheen thing was planned. Their was no way shan or shaheen were going to win against All star NZ or All star Aus when the team was low after wc and genuinely a mess due to injuries and various other factors.

Babar is a go getter, and pcb system is horrible and corrupt. He's thinking of more money, more status and securing his future both during the time he's captaining Pakistan and beyond

If Babar goes at no 3, then less chances of milestones so less chance he'll be selected as a superstar or get bids, since he isn't a Travis head or Jo's butler esc batter. Only way he can get selected in foreign leagues is via impressive stat numbers at opening.

Esit: The harvard degree will ensure his managerial position in PCB post retirement so he can ironically one up misbah as well lol.

If Saim has the capability to score 80 in 5 overs, then shouldn't he be opening, Babar?

Babar is trying to either hype Saim up or keep his confidence levels up but then he completely misses the point that if you are going to big Saim up, then your own partnership with Rizwan comes under scrutiny. It's an own goal by Babar.

The reality is that Saim definitely doesn't have the capability of scoring 80 in 5 overs. Maybe against D level bowlers in the National T20 Cup. But definitely not in the international arena. Just bowl short at pace on his ribs and he'll hole out in the deep.

absolutely he's the 4th best bowler pakistan ever produced after imran khan, waseem akram and shaheen shah afridi
I don't know about that, but Hassan Ali's peak achievement of being the leading wicket taker and Man of the Tournament in an ICC Trophy that Pakistan won is bigger than the entire careers of 99% of fast bowlers to play for Pakistan including Akhtar, Asif and Amir.

I don't know about that, but Hassan Ali's peak achievement of being the leading wicket taker and Man of the Tournament in an ICC Trophy that Pakistan won is bigger than the entire careers of 99% of fast bowlers to play for Pakistan including Akhtar, Asif and Amir.
So now you're praising 2017?

Can you stop flip flopping for once in your life?

rotation policy doesn't mean that you keep rotating failures in every other series just because of the dosti yari culture... in this so called very strong team where Hassan Ali can get adjusted?
PSL 2024:

Hassan Ali - 10 matches, 14 wickets, Avg 22.4, ER 8.3

Amir - 9 matches, 10 wickets, Average 28.6, ER 8.4

The fact that Amir will play ahead of Hassan in the XI is a slap in the face of merit and if it is about big tournament pedigree, then Hassan has more pedigree than Amir because Amir has never come close and never will come close to matching Hassan's peak achievement of being the leading wicket taker and Man of the Tournament in an ICC Trophy that Pakistan won.

No one asked Amir to be outperformed by Hassan in the PSL. The fact that Hassan will be left out of the playing XI at Amir's expense is highly disrespectful and unfair towards Hassan.

PSL 2024:

The fact that Amir will play ahead of Hassan in the XI is a slap in the face of merit and if it is about big tournament pedigree, then Hassan has more pedigree than Amir because Amir has never come close and never will come close to matching Hassan's peak achievement of being the leading wicket taker and Man of the Tournament in an ICC Trophy that Pakistan won.

No one asked Amir to be outperformed by Hassan in the PSL. The fact that Hassan will be left out of the playing XI at Amir's expense is highly disrespectful and unfair towards Hassan.
Was babar getting reappointed based of merit? If we go by your logic shadab should be captaining atm.

Double standards much?

Was babar getting reappointed based of merit? If we go by your logic shadab should be captaining atm.

Double standards much?
Shadab’s place in the ODI team is in jeopardy, and you can’t have two different captains for ODIs and T20Is. This is why he is out of the running for captaincy.

Shadab was one of the favorites to take over if Babar were to leave captaincy, but his performance in the ODI World Cup damaged his reputation big time.

Babar Azam is the default choice for captaincy because Shaheen’s workload needs to be managed and you will see him getting rotated frequently in the next 12 months. If you are captain, you can’t sit out so frequently.

Rizwan is not viewed as a potential captain. He is the de facto vice-captain. I am not privy to why PCB has changed its stance on Rizwan when he was very close to becoming captain at one point.

Pakistani fans must accept the reality of Babar captaining at least the next 2 years.

PSL 2024:

Sometimes stats don't give you a proper review of a player. For instance if you have 10 runs to defend in an over, now tell me honestly, whom would you prefer to bowl that over Hassan Ali or Amir?

Sometimes stats don't give you a proper review of a player. For instance if you have 10 runs to defend in an over, now tell me honestly, whom would you prefer to bowl that over Hassan Ali or Amir?
I agree, sometimes stats don’t show you how bad a player is.

For example, Amir got thrashed by Tim Seifert, who barely gets on the NZ bench these days and was rejected by IPL because he was deemed not good enough.

Stats won’t tell you that Amir got humiliated by someone who is not even close to being one of the best T20 openers around.

Amir right now is not good enough to play for Ireland let alone Pakistan. He is completely washed up. Picking Amir in 2024 is like selecting Shoaib Akhtar in 2014.

Hassan Ali is on the way done but he still has some mileage left in him because he is relatively younger. Amir on the other hand is a totaled engine with black smoke coming out of him.

He needs to be dismantled and the scrap sold off. His chapter was closed in 2020 but PCB decided to bring him back for one final humiliation.

Eagerly waiting for the time when a washed-up Amir gets humiliated by associate nations in the World Cup.

I don't know what kind of rotation was Babar talking about. Have been seeing the same players playing. Why was Farhan not given a chance when he should have played at least 2 games before you dropped him for good? But yes, there is no time left for experimentation. Play your best possible 11 against Ireland and England.

Eagerly waiting for the time when a washed-up Amir gets humiliated by associate nations in the World Cup.
Isn't everyone washed up?

Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf were horrible in wc 2023.

Currently in t20 they haven't been much better? Their hasn't been any breakout bowler except Amir.

In the first game everyone did well and took wickets, during the 3rd odi, everyone was expensive and sane with the 4th odi, Naseem shah especially.

They've all been very bad in general. Although usama mir surprisingly did well during the 5th t20.

Finally this fraud got another fraud as PCB chairman. Sethi was way better than this showoff Naqvi.

I agree, sometimes stats don’t show you how bad a player is.

For example, Amir got thrashed by Tim Seifert, who barely gets on the NZ bench these days and was rejected by IPL because he was deemed not good enough.

Stats won’t tell you that Amir got humiliated by someone who is not even close to being one of the best T20 openers around.

Amir right now is not good enough to play for Ireland let alone Pakistan. He is completely washed up. Picking Amir in 2024 is like selecting Shoaib Akhtar in 2014.

Hassan Ali is on the way done but he still has some mileage left in him because he is relatively younger. Amir on the other hand is a totaled engine with black smoke coming out of him.

He needs to be dismantled and the scrap sold off. His chapter was closed in 2020 but PCB decided to bring him back for one final humiliation.
Didn't you say earlier we are finished? Ireland defeated strong England. So at the moment Ireland should be hot favorite to win series. If Amir is not good enough to play for Ireland surely he is good enough to play finished team like us.

Isn't everyone washed up?

Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf were horrible in wc 2023.

Currently in t20 they haven't been much better? Their hasn't been any breakout bowler except Amir.

In the first game everyone did well and took wickets, during the 3rd odi, everyone was expensive and sane with the 4th odi, Naseem shah especially.

They've all been very bad in general. Although usama mir surprisingly did well during the 5th t20.
Naseem was injured in WC2023.

He was good in World T20 2022.

Naseem was injured in WC2023.

He was good in World T20 2022.
Okay? And? Amir was excellent and > any of the current set up on 2009, hasan Ali was beyond anyone in 2017.

Doesn't mean that's applicable now.

Currently as things stand, Naseem and Shaheen have been poor since their return from Injury and for shaheen it's been more then a year now since his return.

Rn Pakistan is a minnow team. Unlike 2017 ct our batting is in shambles as it still to this day relies on fakhar one hit wonders.

We haven't developed a single good allrounder since haris sohail, hafeez and malik. All the people who complain about haris, hafeez and malik and call them medicore, well if their medicore then I have no clue what shadab, Chacha, nawaz and god knows who else we have been getting are.

And our bowlers have a habit of been goated for a period and then getting injured and never being at peak.

I saw this pattern with junaid Khan, then it repeated with hasan Ali and currently it's reflecting on shaheen and naseem.

Okay? And? Amir was excellent and > any of the current set up on 2009, hasan Ali was beyond anyone in 2017.

Doesn't mean that's applicable now.

Currently as things stand, Naseem and Shaheen have been poor since their return from Injury and for shaheen it's been more then a year now since his return.

Rn Pakistan is a minnow team. Unlike 2017 ct our batting is in shambles as it still to this day relies on fakhar one hit wonders.

We haven't developed a single good allrounder since haris sohail, hafeez and malik. All the people who complain about haris, hafeez and malik and call them medicore, well if their medicore then I have no clue what shadab, Chacha, nawaz and god knows who else we have been getting are.

And our bowlers have a habit of been goated for a period and then getting injured and never being at peak.

I saw this pattern with junaid Khan, then it repeated with hasan Ali and currently it's reflecting on shaheen and naseem.
We were in shambles before CT17 aswell FYI

We were too optimistic at the time, but looking back now either side of CT the results were still terrible.

The rot had set in way before that.

We will always be playing catch up with the rest of the world because our infrastructure is non existent at grassroots level.

Our domestic cricketer has a mountain to climb when he plays at international level, that’s why our temperament is found lacking.

We were in shambles before CT17 aswell FYI

We were too optimistic at the time, but looking back now either side of CT the results were still terrible.

The rot had set in way before that.

We will always be playing catch up with the rest of the world because our infrastructure is non existent at grassroots level.

Our domestic cricketer has a mountain to climb when he plays at international level, that’s why our temperament is found lacking.
We weren't, we were in shambles because of Misbah and then azhar being off the same mould as a captain.

Their was no need to

A) Keep Ahmed shehzad, ut he was kept because of Misbah and Azhar being stubborn.

B) Keep Umar Akmal who stayed for one more year before departing.

C) Keep yasir shah after he was a failure in odi, he should have been discarded before the rape case as his odi record was horrible. He was only good for test.

And amoung other things.

When sarfraz came on, we smacked West indies 3-0, and entered CT and won it.

While 2018 was poor, 2019 was pretty strong in the long run especially in t20 before Misbah shoved his bhoota again.

PCB is the 4th richest board receiving 55M lol, we weren't ever that bad. Before Misbah we were always viewed as a team that's only weaker then India, Australia and England. Their was no question of us not being stronger then teams like all star Sri lanka or NZ etc.

Then Misbah happened. We aren't as bad as people make it out to be. Talent is their, just not utilised properly. Granted our talent pool will never match India or top developed countries.

Even though Babar’s press conferences are pain to watch but i try to watch them to see if he has shown even a single sign of improvement in his thought process and attitude. And i get disappointed every single time!

He has a stinking attitude, shows extreme stubbornness and makes some airhead comments like zaman khan is a new ball bowler.

Also, he shows no signs of learning, gets extremely defensive whenever someone brings Pakistan’s low run rate or poor strike rate. He would either i) mock and try to look cool like he did in the zalmi podcast or ii) would absolutely deny it being an issue and claiming we cant do that in every match. This has been him from the past 5 years and NOTHING has changed in his second stint.

Also, the journalists never ask the right question. Im yet to see a journalist properly ask on why cannot he play down the order. Although i should give full credit to the journalist who asked about the run rate question in last PC.

One thing people also missed, some journo asked him that how does he plan to prepare since pitches in New York are being imported from Australia and his reply was pitches are being imported from Ireland which is factually untrue. Another airhead comment and shows lack of desire to plan and be proactive.

We are honestly cursed with him, he has absolutely ZERO captaincy qualities but wants to be captain so bad no matter what. So he will do anything and everything to hold onto captaincy. He loves the limelight, the money, immunity against getting dropped that comes with Pakistan’s captaincy but he never wants to actually take ANY responsibility.

Also, new word in the dictionary after “definitely” and “vibes”, bringing you “kafi clean hai” cringed so hard!!

Tbh he has a good track record at carribeans so expecting some good stuff from here there but in US one never knows

Back