Players, Coaches or PCB management who is to blame for the dreadful performances of Pakistan Cricket Team?

Who is to blame for the current dreadful form of Pakistan Cricket Team?

• The coaching staff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan haven't won a single series since last August. They have been poor in the Asia Cup, World Cup 2023. Have lost the series against Australia and New Zealand in an embarrassing manner and now have failed to win a series against New Zealand's depleted second tier team.

Not only this but the women in green also have been poor of late as they have been humbled 3-0 at home by the West Indies Women.

So who is responsible for this mess the current PCB managment, team players or the coaching staff? So who in your opinion is the real culprit here? 🤔

I will blame PCB management and media-hyped players.
Yep i won't blame the coaching staff but these two. Because if only these same bunch of guys had played this as a PSL game they would have won it with a over to spare but since its internationals they became disgusting as usual.

Our cricket has been in a downward spiral for a very long time.

The whole structure is to blame.

The whole country is at fault.

Players themselves should be blamed because at this level no coach or any management can teach them how to handle pressure.

The people at the top i.e. PCB management are too blame. They are the ones ultimately responsible for Pakistan Cricket. Had the PCB management done their jobs properly, they would not have tolerated mediocrity in performances and low quality players wielding excessive player power for long.

Sometimes I believe Pakistani fans don’t understand cricket at all. Pakistan lacks talent and players’ development right now. You can bring the best coaches but this current set of cricketers won’t win anything consistently. Pakistan cricket needs grass-root changes. There should be a state of art cricket academy in all big cities. Clubs should have proper pitches and coaches. Domestic cricket should have tier system and all sort of pitches to test the batsmen and the bowlers.

All of them are responsible. It is the management's job to select players on merit and appoint the right coaches for the job, Players are responsible because they were careless. They did not do what they were supposed to do. Coaches are responsible because they could not let the batters know about their techinal issues, let the bowlers know about the basic thing to do that is bowl more and more yorkers at the death.

The people at the top i.e. PCB management are too blame. They are the ones ultimately responsible for Pakistan Cricket. Had the PCB management done their jobs properly, they would not have tolerated mediocrity in performances and low quality players wielding excessive player power for long.
Surely Naqvi gang to be blamed for it.

Another tragedy

* Iftikhar a finisher in T10 & PSL flop in internationals
* Saim a PSL and CPL bully
* Babar the top scorer in PSL and an embarrassment in internationals.
*Some goes for Usama "Shane" Mir

Can anybody explain this mediocracy?

Surely Naqvi gang to be blamed for it.

Another tragedy

* Iftikhar a finisher in T10 & PSL flop in internationals
* Saim a PSL and CPL bully
* Babar the top scorer in PSL and an embarrassment in internationals.
*Some goes for Usama "Shane" Mir

Can anybody explain this mediocracy?

Who in domestic cricket can replace Iftikhar? Asif Ali, Khusdil Shah?

Saim is the best we have got, who will replace him? Shahibzada Farhan

Usama Mir was the top spinner in PSL in terms of wicket, sure you can question why Mehran Mumtaz was not given a chance.

Babar has been a failure for the last 2 years and teams have now worked him and he has failed to evolve his game, he has become a selfish stat padder and his strike rate, average have badly fallen in the last two years.

There is no need to press the panic button and just back the team and the best players available.

I feel like the blame must be shared between every involved party. From players, to coaches to PCB management to even the Pakistan politics.

Too many fingers in the Pakistan pie.

What are we blaming the team management or the PCB for?

When your players are not of the calibre required in international cricket nowadays, you will have these results.

The bowling will carry this team, otherwise we are around Sri Lanka or Bangladesh level at the moment.

What are we blaming the team management or the PCB for?

When your players are not of the calibre required in international cricket nowadays, you will have these results.

The bowling will carry this team, otherwise we are around Sri Lanka or Bangladesh level at the moment.

Lol, the PCB and Team Management manages these players. Ofcourse they deserve the blame.

Even so called low calibre players deliver when under proper professional management. The PCB has had 4 chairman's in the last year and a half and don't even get me started on the incompetent Zaka Ashraf.

Who in domestic cricket can replace Iftikhar? Asif Ali, Khusdil Shah?

Saim is the best we have got, who will replace him? Shahibzada Farhan

Usama Mir was the top spinner in PSL in terms of wicket, sure you can question why Mehran Mumtaz was not given a chance.

Babar has been a failure for the last 2 years and teams have now worked him and he has failed to evolve his game, he has become a selfish stat padder and his strike rate, average have badly fallen in the last two years.

There is no need to press the panic button and just back the team and the best players available.
Abrar and Mehran for Usama Mir.

Rizwan or Babar tbh we just need one of them in playing XI for T20 WC.

Of Saim he needs some mental conditioning session so he does not throw his wickets in internationals .

Lol, the PCB and Team Management manages these players. Ofcourse they deserve the blame.

Even so called low calibre players deliver when under proper professional management. The PCB has had 4 chairman's in the last year and a half and don't even get me started on the incompetent Zaka Ashraf.
Yep they don't let the right guys come ahead in the right time.

Where is the option to vote for Misbah ul Haq, please amend mods so we can settle this properly.

Pakistan haven't won a single series since last August. They have been poor in the Asia Cup, World Cup 2023. Have lost the series against Australia and New Zealand in an embarrassing manner and now have failed to win a series against New Zealand's depleted second tier team.

Not only this but the women in green also have been poor of late as they have been humbled 3-0 at home by the West Indies Women.

So who is responsible for this mess the current PCB managment, team players or the coaching staff? So who in your opinion is the real culprit here? 🤔
PDM Government, then Chairman Mohsin Naqvi, then PCB administrators, then Wahab, then selection and technical committees, then management, then Captain Babar Azam and then the players.

Thanks @The Bald Eagle ,

Just to make all aware, you can now vote for Misbah ul Haq.

Am hoping for a bigger turn out now and possibly new members can sign up to and make their voices heard.

Nobody suffer in silence on this, do vote, it will go a long way in naming and shaming the man who has plagued Pakistan Cricket our whole lives.

No one is going to make these batters bat at 140-160 SR. Until we have a few dynamic batsmen, we can’t compete at international level sorry.

Media houses, ex-cricketers, youtubers, agenda driven fans etc keep pushing this false narrative of wrong selections and planning to make their dhanda going, while naive fans lap it up.

You can blame the previous PCB managements in not identifying the right structures and not making the right investments.

Unfortunately, no one has the guts to take the fall as these guys come in for maximum five years, and as less as a few months recently.

Till we have someone willing to bear the brunt of some horrible short term losses, we will continue to flail around randomly and others will keep touching new heights of professionalism.

“Babar Azam in Powerplay Tonight:
34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

Babar Azam in Overs (7-12):
19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.
He has scored 0 boundaries after powerplay in the next 6 overs.
He reached his 50 in 35 deliveries.
This guy will never change”

Is this true?

Nobody is to blame. Pak team experimented a little and that’s good. Newzealand played out of their skins but didn’t lose. It’s a fair result.

Pak cemented a good bunch of spinners, rookies and debutants to go with the established players while the coaches adjusted to their new roles. The administration is new needs time.

Nobody is to blame. Pak team experimented a little and that’s good. Newzealand played out of their skins but didn’t lose. It’s a fair result.

Pak cemented a good bunch of spinners, rookies and debutants to go with the established players while the coaches adjusted to their new roles. The administration is new needs time.
So you are not worried about top order? i don't think everything is fine here.

So you are not worried about top order? i don't think everything is fine here.
Not in the slightest. We have to try new players and I’d rather see young players like Saim given the chance to play alongside one of the best players in the world. How else is he going to learn. Of course you can have Usman also but two new batsmen is enough though I think Usman will not develop.

The middle order looks packed with all rounders which I don’t think is bad. Maybe one more solid batsman should be there..but it’s hard to drop ifti right now. I like seeing abass Afridi given a go. I prefer Ali the bowler from MS but I think he will be tried in the longer version.

The issue is this is T20. It can really ruin players also as they forget to play normal cricket and try too many variations before they have truly learnt the basics, but where can they learn? The domestic structure is awful.

Not in the slightest. We have to try new players and I’d rather see young players like Saim given the chance to play alongside one of the best players in the world. How else is he going to learn. Of course you can have Usman also but two new batsmen is enough though I think Usman will not develop.

The middle order looks packed with all rounders which I don’t think is bad. Maybe one more solid batsman should be there..but it’s hard to drop ifti right now. I like seeing abass Afridi given a go. I prefer Ali the bowler from MS but I think he will be tried in the longer version.

The issue is this is T20. It can really ruin players also as they forget to play normal cricket and try too many variations before they have truly learnt the basics, but where can they learn? The domestic structure is awful.
Yep not against Saim testing but worried about slow SR by Babar, Rizwan and Usman on top. This just put guys like Fakhar into a shell.

Yep not against Saim testing but worried about slow SR by Babar, Rizwan and Usman on top. This just put guys like Fakhar into a shell.
I think that will sort itself out in time as they trust the other guys around them. It’s a peculiarly Pak style of play for the last 15-20 years or so slow and tentative early try to catch up later.

I am a little concerned about 4 spinners ifti, shadab, Usman, Imad and then 3 fast bowlers and still not being able to cross 200 and just about defending 178 but that’s to be seen later I guess.

I think Players are to blamed as well as coaches. They just don't want to change their approach. Like Babar is still looking for 170-180, I mean why? still 180? Teams are going beyond 230-240 now and we are still happy with 180s? This is the whole problem here. Approch.

Obviously it's the players.

The right players were picked and given chances. Everyone flopped.

In the end it was Babar, Fakhar, Shaheen, Shadab. Amir and Imad will eventually contribute as well. So it's the same core.

Big hitting maestros couldn't deliver. Which is the usual case.

I think Players are to blamed as well as coaches. They just don't want to change their approach. Like Babar is still looking for 170-180, I mean why? still 180? Teams are going beyond 230-240 now and we are still happy with 180s? This is the whole problem here. Approch.
I honestly think Pak just don’t have 11 world class players that can take the field in all three formats consistently.

England New Zealand India and Australia have B teams C teams that could easily take the field and compete against anybody that’s why when say Stokes retires, or Shami is injured or Hazelwood can’t make it there is a like for like replacements ready and match fit. Their biggest headaches are who to leave out not who to bring in.

PAK just don’t have the players. Until this is addressed there is no point in picking on the two best players we have. Consider this. Until kohli, yuvraj, DHONI were well and truly established it was unthinkable to drop Dravid but as soon as there was a team of high strike rate players, sehwag, Raina, Kohli etc Dravid and even SRT retired/dropped.

These strike rates and high totals will sort themselves out as soon as you can get a few players that can hold a bat otherwise we will turn into a team of hacks like Bangladesh or West Indies

Who will help Pakistan score that 230-240 runs? And it also depends upon the pitches you’re playing on. Babe don’t have big hitters at his disposal who can score a 20 ball 50.

First the Men in Green let us down and now Women in Green have lost the series with an unassailable lead of 3-0 against West Indies.

Welcome to the Mohsin Naqvi era everyone.

only Players to be blamed, coaches cant really help u to get the job done on the field, they can just give u a plan and implementation depends on the players.

After poor performances by PCT Men, the Women in Green have also joined the party by losing the series 4-1 at HOME against West Indies Women.

Job well done :ROFLMAO:

Back