PM Imran Khan "India Is a Fascist State, Inspired by the Nazis" - Interview with Der Speigal

Imran shouldnt have called India a fascist state. It isn't remotely anything like one but it has elected a quasi-facist party.

Theres a key difference. Imran should give credit to the millions of right minded Indians who want nothing to do with this right-wing government and offer the olive branch, willing to work together when congress gets elected again.

These sort of statements would require maturity I afraid!

I like Imran, to be fair I feel ppl are harsh on him about Ughyurs. But man this guy only talks about India lol :))

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow, a bird that can smell fascism <a href="https://t.co/Fm2GTm4SCz">https://t.co/Fm2GTm4SCz</a></p>— Waqas (@worqas) <a href="https://twitter.com/worqas/status/1322678584427843586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Manmoha dhirshik

I like Imran, to be fair I feel ppl are harsh on him about Ughyurs. But man this guy only talks about India lol :))

Not really. Out of this interview, only a couple of questions were about India.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of question to the Indian posters here

Does RSS praise and glorify Hitler? Yes or no?

Was Modi part of RSS?

The answer to these questions will explain what Imran Khan is saying.

This is only because he used to be very vocal about building ties with India back in his playing days. He has obviously given up on BJP given their ideological roots in RSS, and he is only being honest in his assessment.

Was Modi part of RSS?

What does that have to do with anything though?

Indo-Pak hostility and terrorism issues long pre-date the rise of Modi, he was only elected in 2014.

Was Modi part of RSS?

Yes, Hitler was one of the inspirations for the RSS. These people feel they believe to a master race as Hitler did. If RSS in their schoolboy shorts are a master race, I'd rather stay inferior.

Yes Modi is an extremist and was a part of the RSS. HE continues his RSS ideology into his life as leader of Hindustan.

Was Modi part of RSS?

To answer your first question No

To answer your 2nd question Yes

So it makes no sense what Imran Khan is saying. Firstly RSS has nothing to do with a religious ideology. Trust me when you see a real RSS camp it is nothing like what you would expect like it happens with all those Al-<Insert Banned organization> types. They are nothing but like your local YMCA type Voluntary programs were they teach yoga and physical fitness. At times by Pot bellies uncles.

They neither glorify Hinduism nor they hate other religions. The only thing is yes there is a patriotic flavor with nationalistic music and poems.

This is the ground reality. Trust me anyone who actually has been or seen a local RSS shakha will vouch for this. They have existed since ages. Sorry to ruin this for people who imagine a bunch of bearded man training in a desert or mountains equivalent to RSS. Sorry to disappoint.

Now you can be excused but Imran Khan sounding like a kitty party housewife, that’s hilarious.

It’s like Modi saying that everyone in Pakistan runs around with a knife and beheads minorities or rides on camels or something like that. If he ever says that I will join you in ridiculing Modi as well.

To answer your first question No

To answer your 2nd question Yes

So it makes no sense what Imran Khan is saying. Firstly RSS has nothing to do with a religious ideology. Trust me when you see a real RSS camp it is nothing like what you would expect like it happens with all those Al-<Insert Banned organization> types. They are nothing but like your local YMCA type Voluntary programs were they teach yoga and physical fitness. At times by Pot bellies uncles.

They neither glorify Hinduism nor they hate other religions. The only thing is yes there is a patriotic flavor with nationalistic music and poems.

This is the ground reality. Trust me anyone who actually has been or seen a local RSS shakha will vouch for this. They have existed since ages. Sorry to ruin this for people who imagine a bunch of bearded man training in a desert or mountains equivalent to RSS. Sorry to disappoint.

Now you can be excused but Imran Khan sounding like a kitty party housewife, that’s hilarious.

It’s like Modi saying that everyone in Pakistan runs around with a knife and beheads minorities or rides on camels or something like that. If he ever says that I will join you in ridiculing Modi as well.

Either you are lying or ignorant.

RSS founder was a great admirer of Hitler.

Mein Kampf is a popular book in India.

You even have school books in India gloryfying Hitler.

Bal Thackery said Hitler is needed in India.

Its Hindu nationalism not just Indian including Muslims, Christians etc nationalism, so again you are lying.

Its Hindu nationalism not just Indian including Muslims, Christians etc nationalism, so again you are lying.

Recent RSS leaders have disavowed some of their shady history. Not that I believe them, but just saying. It was a different world back in the 1930s.

Ok I am sure you know better about the RSS than someone who grew up in India, studied in India.

Bal Thackeray was a regional leader and today his party is not even a major player in Indian politics anymore. His son is the chief minister but you have no idea what went on and Indian politics can be very complicated and pretty sure even more for you anyways besides the point,

The RSS has a Muslim wing too but I guess that won’t probably show up on whatever network you do your internet search on but try.

Mein Kampf is an autobiography of one of the most infamous/notorious guys that ever lived, I don’t know the reading habits in Pakistan or wherever you live but why is it a surprise if it sold some copies? So did Shoaib Akthar’s autobiography, what does that prove lol. I personally have only heard of Mein Kampf while preparing for quiz contests in school as it might be a trivia question and then I dod buy a bootleg street copy of the English translation and lost interest few pages in.

Jeez dude, when you want to have a debate don’t come up with these highlights you may have picked up from some Pakistani need chaNnels or something lol

Can both sides (Pakistanis and Indians) accept that valid criticisms are still valid, even if both sides have problems?

Imran Khan isn't wrong here, there is a problem in India. Yes, there are problems in Pakistan too, but it doesn't make his comments any less true.

Ok I am sure you know better about the RSS than someone who grew up in India, studied in India.

Bal Thackeray was a regional leader and today his party is not even a major player in Indian politics anymore. His son is the chief minister but you have no idea what went on and Indian politics can be very complicated and pretty sure even more for you anyways besides the point,

The RSS has a Muslim wing too but I guess that won’t probably show up on whatever network you do your internet search on but try.

Mein Kampf is an autobiography of one of the most infamous/notorious guys that ever lived, I don’t know the reading habits in Pakistan or wherever you live but why is it a surprise if it sold some copies? So did Shoaib Akthar’s autobiography, what does that prove lol. I personally have only heard of Mein Kampf while preparing for quiz contests in school as it might be a trivia question and then I dod buy a bootleg street copy of the English translation and lost interest few pages in.

Jeez dude, when you want to have a debate don’t come up with these highlights you may have picked up from some Pakistani need chaNnels or something lol

I do by your posts.

Simple question to a point which you have ignored.

Was one of the founders of the RSS a fan of Hitler? Yes or no.

Yes, Hitler was one of the inspirations for the RSS. These people feel they believe to a master race as Hitler did. If RSS in their schoolboy shorts are a master race, I'd rather stay inferior.

Yes Modi is an extremist and was a part of the RSS. HE continues his RSS ideology into his life as leader of Hindustan.

I think you are gravely mistaken here KKWC. From my studies Indians don't believe they are the master race at all, if anything they have a very humble opinion that they are very grateful to be given any opportunity by the master race. Hence terms such as British Raj.

You’re such an idiot. It’s been a best seller in many countries including Netherlands, Bangladesh, and flavor of the month Turkey as well.

Calling me an idiot doesn't change the fact RSS has deep rooted connections and admiration for the 3rd Reich.

Symbolism is everything here and you don't need to be a genius to see the similarities between the two right-wing ideologies.

Wasn't it Gandhi who sent letters to Hitler to convince him not to proceed with the war, only Hitler did, and Gandhi ended up being assassinated by RSS member - Godse? Yup pretty sure that's what happened.

Calling me an idiot doesn't change the fact RSS has deep rooted connections and admiration for the 3rd Reich.

Symbolism is everything here and you don't need to be a genius to see the similarities between the two right-wing ideologies.

Wasn't it Gandhi who sent letters to Hitler to convince him not to proceed with the war, only Hitler did, and Gandhi ended up being assassinated by RSS member - Godse? Yup pretty sure that's what happened.

The number of people killed by Nazis is comparable only to islamic groups not RSS

I think imran has much to learn from that gowshala graduate.. he is an amateur as compared to modi as far as diplomacy , politics and stature is concerned

Amateur as compared to Modi in doing useless diplomacy tours around the globe on tax payers money, in politics of the far right and in stature as the butcher of Gujrat. But i understand he is worshipped by hindutva saffron extremist cow lynchers who cant see his faults.

The number of people killed by Nazis is comparable only to islamic groups not RSS

Yes, Islamic groups cannot be compared to RSS; RSS has 800 Million followers making it the largest right-wing ideology in the world. :)

Where lol??.. I'm not Imran "the irrelevant army stooge" Khan

Someone needs to read up on what right-wing is, and RSS.

Modi is a RSS terrorist. Don't take my word for it, UK and USA banned him over Gujrat; and the people have voted for a fascist whose foundation is not the Indian constituion, but Hindutva. Modi remains the only ever leader to be banned from entering the West.

I say 10 more years for Modi, he's single handedly wiping out any progression India has made. The price 800M pay for a nationalist right-wing fascist ideology; Hindutva.

Modi is a RSS terrorist. Don't take my word for it, UK and USA banned him over Gujrat; and the people have voted for a fascist whose foundation is not the Indian constituion, but Hindutva. Modi remains the only ever leader to be banned from entering the West.

I say 10 more years for Modi, he's single handedly wiping out any progression India has made. The price 800M pay for a nationalist right-wing fascist ideology; Hindutva.

You need to read up what right wing is... Republican party in US ..is right wing.Is US a fascist state?..

Show me one UN resolution or an active bill of any country anywhere in the world where RSS is designated a terrorist organisation or modi a terrorist..

Show me one UN resolution or an active bill of any country anywhere in the world where RSS is designated a terrorist organisation or modi a terrorist..

The fact Modi was banned from the West is more than enough evidence of what RSS/Hindutva represent. Other things like, India is the only country where an animal has more rights than a human, is what? Democracy? No it's fascism.

Stop being so defensive, your were saying right-wing ideologies are not a crime anyway. :)

No doubt Modi is one of the worst things to have happened in Indian history. The guy has divided the country on religious ground, has failed in reviving the economy, his foreign policy has flopped mostly with India now having shaky relations with almost all the neighbouring countries and to top it all modi has failed in his diplomatic equation with China. Rahul Gandhi would actually be a better PM then this guy at this point.

Imran and Pakistan have zero credibility. Nobody will take you seriously if you live on their loans and bheek.

If India wasn't a facist failed state, millions of Indians wouldn't be leaving India seeking a better life. Fact.

Thankfully the West has strict rules on Immigration from India, otherwise Hindutva/RSS would be widespread around the globe.

The fact Modi was banned from the West is more than enough evidence of what RSS/Hindutva represent. Other things like, India is the only country where an animal has more rights than a human, is what? Democracy? No it's fascism.

Stop being so defensive, your were saying right-wing ideologies are not a crime anyway. :)

Which animal in India has more rights than humans lol???.
If u are talking about cattle, let me clue you in.. India is the largest exporter of beef in the world.

And I reiterate.. PTI is also right wing .. your leader Imran is a right wing leader of a right wing party..go and get educated about right wing politics

Which animal in India has more rights than humans lol???.
If u are talking about cattle, let me clue you in.. India is the largest exporter of beef in the world.

And I reiterate.. PTI is also right wing .. your leader Imran is a right wing leader of a right wing party..go and get educated about right wing politics

This thread isn't about IK or PTI. Exports of beef are irrelevant.

Hindu caste system itself is a facist (and to some degree a racist) system. Not to say anything of how women are percieved and treated in India, how non-hindus are treated, lynchings, etc. There are not enough news channels or airwave frequencies to report such hiddious and facsist crimes in India.

There's no greater evidence of facsist India than its one time religious terrorist banned Prime Minister, Modi, who has legitimised racisim and facisim in Indian.

Hindu caste system itself is a facist (and to some degree a racist) system. Not to say anything of how women are percieved and treated in India, how non-hindus are treated, lynchings, etc. There are not enough news channels or airwave frequencies to report such hiddious and facsist crimes in India.

There's no greater evidence of facsist India than its one time religious terrorist banned Prime Minister, Modi, who has legitimised racisim and facisim in Indian.

There's no caste system in Hindu scripture. It's a social construction based upon field of work in ancient hindu society.

Just pointing out the flaw in your argument.

There's no caste system in Hindu scripture. It's a social construction based upon field of work in ancient hindu society.

That's like saying Islamic terrorism is a political construct thrusted upon Islam. Yes? Agree? No you would not.

The only flaw is you are getting defensive. Stop pretending Hinduism isn't interwined with the caste system, it is.

If you really want to get technical, there's no such religion as Hinduism, but Brahminism. What would you know, you bailed India anyway.

That's like saying Islamic terrorism is a political construct thrusted upon Islam. Yes? Agree? No you would not.

The only flaw is you are getting defensive. Stop pretending Hinduism isn't interwined with the caste system, it is.

If you really want to get technical, there's no such religion as Hinduism, but Brahminism. What would you know, you bailed India anyway.

If you relate that way, then yes. Just like caste system is interwind in Hinduism, terrorism is interwind in Islam.

Just like due to caste system a hindu high probability of being racist, a Muslim has more probability of being terrorist.

You realize the fallacy in these kind of arguments? Hence, it's better to relate a religion based upon what is written in the scripture and not what it interwinds with. That way, you'll be free from above kind of false conclusions on either way.

If you relate that way, then yes. Just like caste system is interwind in Hinduism, terrorism is interwind in Islam.

Just like due to caste system a hindu high probability of being racist, a Muslim has more probability of being terrorist.

You realize the fallacy in these kind of arguments? Hence, it's better to relate a religion based upon what is written in the scripture and not what it interwinds with. That way, you'll be free from above kind of false conclusions on either way.

What a ridiculous thing to say about Muslims having a high probability of being a terrorist. It's not even logical!

May I remind you, the filth that is Hindutva bestows a caste upon a new born child. From birth to death, that Hindu, through no fault of their own, is either condemend, or annoited for the rest of their life. This is fascim at it's finest. Whereas a Muslim child is not born a terrorist.

Put simply, the probability of a Hindu being a racist is much higher than a Muslim becoming a terrorist.

Plus, caste system is unqiue to Hinduism, but terrorism to Islam is not, because Hindus have their fair share of terrorists too. So that's double bubble for Hindus.

And hey, if you don't like the thread, ignore it, otherwise come back with stronger arguments.

What a ridiculous thing to say about Muslims having a high probability of being a terrorist. It's not even logical!

That exactly was my argument. Read my post again. Especially the last para.

May I remind you, the filth that is Hindutva bestows a caste upon a new born child. From birth to death, that Hindu, through no fault of their own, is either condemend, or annoited for the rest of their life. This is fascim at it's finest. Whereas a Muslim child is not born a terrorist.

Hinduism doesn't do it because it isn't in the scripture to start with. If the social construction does it, then you are relating racism to hiduism in the same way as one relates terrorism with Islam.

Put simply, the probability of a Hindu being a racist is much higher than a Muslim becoming a terrorist.
The widespread of terror groups claiming to be based from islamic ideology disagrees with your assumption.

Plus, caste system is unqiue to Hinduism, but terrorism to Islam is not, because Hindus have their fair share of terrorists too. So that's double bubble for Hindus.

Agin, caste system has nothing do with hinduism. If you could bring any sloks from vedas, then i am agreeing to stand corrected.

Rest, going by the numbers, islamic terrorist entities are at the top. Using your own logic, in real world, a muslim has more tendancy to adopt to terror idelogy than christina, jews or any other religion.

Above is using your own logic.

My beliefs are different.

Last edited:
That exactly was my argument. Read my post again. Especially the last para.

Hinduism doesn't do it because it isn't in the scripture to start with. If the social construction does it, then you are relating racism to hiduism in the same way as one relates terrorism with Islam.

The widespread of terror groups claiming to be based from islamic ideology disagrees with your assumption.

Agin, caste system has nothing do with hinduism. If you could bring any sloks from vedas, then i am agreeing to stand corrected.

Rest, going by the numbers, islamic terrorist entities are at the top. Using your own logic, in real world, a muslim has more tendancy to adopt to terror idelogy than christina, jews or any other religion.

Above is using your own logic.

My believes are different.

The point wasn't Islamic entities being at the top, the point is a RSS/Hindutva child has more probability of being a racist/facsits AND terrorist. Using your logic.

Now I know you are attempting to bring in Islam into the discussion and back-pedal to divert the realities of the caste system and RSS/Hindutva, but start another thread on Islam, this thread is about India, the facsist state, governed and guided by RSS/Hindutva facsist ideology.

The point wasn't Islamic entities being at the top, the point is a RSS/Hindutva child has more probability of being a racist/facsits AND terrorist. Using your logic.

Now I know you are attempting to bring in Islam into the discussion and back-pedal to divert the realities of the caste system and RSS/Hindutva, but start another thread on Islam, this thread is about India, the facsist state, governed and guided by RSS/Hindutva facsist ideology.

I am still on the subject. My theory is simple. If you are criticizing something, then gather knowledge as more as you can because there may probability that you have misunderstood, or what you have heard is taken out of context to portray it in negative way.

You haven't even have basic knowledge about Hinduism and the social construction of ancient Indian society. So your criticism is same illogical as I have written about above in the context of Islamic terrorism. I even tried to point out the fallacy yet you are adament not to research but to push your agenda.

You may go ahead. Because there's no use when someone doesn't come to know the truth but only to push the agendas.

I am still on the subject. My theory is simple. If you are criticizing something, then gather knowledge as more as you can because there may probability that you have misunderstood, or what you have heard is taken out of context to portray it in negative way.

You haven't even have basic knowledge about Hinduism and the social construction of ancient Indian society. So your criticism is same illogical as I have written about above in the context of Islamic terrorism. I even tried to point out the fallacy yet you are adament not to research but to push your agenda.

You may go ahead. Because there's no use when someone doesn't come to know the truth but only to push the agendas.

Naaah, you are waffling right now.

Fact is you cannot deny the Nazi influence on RSS/Hindutva, and the effect it is having on India right now. I mean you're clear evidence demonstrating the state of India. As for the caste system, it's just gravy.

Naaah, you are waffling right now.

Fact is you cannot deny the Nazi influence on RSS/Hindutva, and the effect it is having on India right now. I mean you're clear evidence demonstrating the state of India. As for the caste system, it's just gravy.
You don't know what is Nazi influence.. or hindutva..or RSS or right wing politics.. or caste system or the state of India..
You are 4th grader with no concept of anything you are talking about.. Just go and study your subjects don't show your ignorance here in public domain.

I take the word salad above as a no then.

The symbolism of Nazism and RSS/Hindutva are clear as daylight. The quest for a superior race is the same (RSS/Hindutva bestows race through the caste system). Hitler and his books are best sellers in India. RSS/Hindutva India is exterminating Muslims. The list goes on and on.

He has mentioned the Uighur and has a small diplomatic team that has been there and held private discussions with China.. Currently it is through back channels as China is an ally and of course Pakistan relies on its huge investment.

But here's the thing, whatever the issues Pakistan has, hypocrisy or anything else, it doesn't and shouldn't detract from what IL is saying and yes it is having an affect because the only country that reports in it so much is India

When it comes to Uighur issue it’s on back channels and not Twitter .. should applaud your devotion to imran and imran devotion to community party China

He has mentioned the Uighur and has a small diplomatic team that has been there and held private discussions with China.. Currently it is through back channels as China is an ally and of course Pakistan relies on its huge investment.

But here's the thing, whatever the issues Pakistan has, hypocrisy or anything else, it doesn't and shouldn't detract from what IL is saying and yes it is having an affect because the only country that reports in it so much is India

IK has stated that there's no talk (private or public) going on with China (interview with aljazeera).

Whom should I believe? IK himself or you?

Pretty sure that Manu Smitri has some very core passages which would correlate with current India's caste structure. Are you picking and choosing what you want to call hindu scripture?

Pretty sure that Manu Smitri has some very core passages which would correlate with current India's caste structure. Are you picking and choosing what you want to call hindu scripture?

Manu smriti is a guideline for the society.

It has nothing to do with Hinduism. The base of Hinduism is 4 vedas.

IK has stated that there's no talk (private or public) going on with China (interview with aljazeera).

Whom should I believe? IK himself or you?

You can believe what you want to but it doesn't change the fact that you have a right wing nazi nationalist government elected by the vast majority.

This:-

You can believe what you want to but it doesn't change the fact that you have a right wing nazi nationalist government elected by the vast majority.

This:-

Lol. You are behaving like a teen age spoiled girl.

Other ppers disagree but they provide considerable amount of content, arguments in order to support their views for which I do respect them even though I disagree with them.

You have no content, nor you are acting like a veteran poster. Get your acts together.

You bring arguments, I bring counter and vice versa. That's how a healthy argument proceeds.

Learn from Cpt. Rishwat. He's a good poster and his posts are right above.

Last edited:
Lol. You are behaving like a teen age spoiled girl.

Other ppers disagree but they provide considerable amount of content, arguments in order to support their views for which I do respect them even though I disagree with them.

You have no content, nor you are acting like a veteran poster. Get your acts together.

You bring arguments, I bring counter and vice versa. That's how a healthy argument proceeds.

Learn from Cpt. Rishwat. He's a good poster and his posts are right above.

There is honestly not much more I can say to counter your earlier post.
I know for a fact that Pakistan speak with China on the Muslim issues but I can't give proof so really I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place.

However, doesn't change my views on Modi and the RSS/BJP government

No doubt Modi is one of the worst things to have happened in Indian history. The guy has divided the country on religious ground, has failed in reviving the economy, his foreign policy has flopped mostly with India now having shaky relations with almost all the neighbouring countries and to top it all modi has failed in his diplomatic equation with China. Rahul Gandhi would actually be a better PM then this guy at this point.

Agreed other than Gandhi being pm

t’s lame to be saying my country is better than yours . Both countries are terrible at it. And if you really want to be accurate. Pakistan has done worse than India in 2019
https://minorityrights.org/wp-conten...ith-spread.pdf

Rss a vile organization does not have 800 million followers

Don't judge RSS by its leaders during its formative years. Those were turbulent times. It has evolved into a tolerant and inclusive organization since then.

Imran shouldnt have called India a fascist state. It isn't remotely anything like one but it has elected a quasi-facist party.

Theres a key difference. Imran should give credit to the millions of right minded Indians who want nothing to do with this right-wing government and offer the olive branch, willing to work together when congress gets elected again.

He has though, multiple times. How does he extend the olive branch more than he has already without being humiliated by Modi’s rejections? I am sure if there is even a hint that India is open to thawing the ice, he will be the first to sit at the table. He is very eager for unity of the Indian subcontinent.

He has though, multiple times. How does he extend the olive branch more than he has already without being humiliated by Modi’s rejections? I am sure if there is even a hint that India is open to thawing the ice, he will be the first to sit at the table. He is very eager for unity of the Indian subcontinent.
Calling India a facist state alientates many people. He should call it a facist government if he wants to use that type of language.

Calling India a facist state alientates many people. He should call it a facist government if he wants to use that type of language.

+1

It also comes across as completely inaccurate, leading neutrals to just say - "Ah, It's India v Pakistan squabbling again".

He is doing the right thing in calling india a fascist state. It is not as if other indian govts were pakistan friendly, and he should start praising india after a govt change. india pak relations will fluctuate between bad and worse, will never be good.

So did Modi reply to this accusation, apparently went straight to the trash bin of most influential people in the world.
I am seeing this news of 2018 now..was living under a rock probably.

So did Modi reply to this accusation, apparently went straight to the trash bin of most influential people in the world.
I am seeing this news of 2018 now..was living under a rock probably.

Imran Khan’s naive, silly and hypocritical comments do not deserve a reply. Good on Modi for not giving Imran any attention.

Imran is a free man, he does not do anything apart from firing off tweets while Modi is too busy developing the country and bringing in investment.

Imran Khan’s naive, silly and hypocritical comments do not deserve a reply. Good on Modi for not giving Imran any attention.

Imran is a free man, he does not do anything apart from firing off tweets while Modi is too busy developing the country and bringing in investment.

Modi is accused of enabling the lynchings of Muslims and was held personally accountable for the murder of thousands during the Gujarat riots, including a former MP who was hacked to pieces in his own home by hindutva mobs during his watch.

Imran firing off tweets doesn't seem so bad by comparison.

Modi is accused of enabling the lynchings of Muslims and was held personally accountable for the murder of thousands during the Gujarat riots, including a former MP who was hacked to pieces in his own home by hindutva mobs during his watch.

Imran firing off tweets doesn't seem so bad by comparison.

His point was that Imran is not doing what he was elected to do, that is develop the Pakistani economy. Zero progress made in getting FDI from Western multinationals and developing modern industries. If anything, his support for the Taliban ("broken the chains of slavery") has turned the FDI sentiment even worse if that was even possible!

His point was that Imran is not doing what he was elected to do, that is develop the Pakistani economy. Zero progress made in getting FDI from Western multinationals and developing modern industries. If anything, his support for the Taliban ("broken the chains of slavery") has turned the FDI sentiment even worse if that was even possible!

Taliban rule will end Indian sponsored terrorist havens in Afghanistan.

Western multinationals will come to Pakistan only when safety isn't a concern.

Yeah, all of Pakistan's failures are India's fault. Keep on deluding yourself and your country will make great progress.

Not all problems, but the this problem certainly has India written all over it.

The problem I mentioned was Pakistan's economy.

Keep dreaming if you think Western multinationals will be sending FDI to Pakistan because Taliban now rules Afghanistan. If anything, Pakistan is now strongly tied to the terrorist Taliban in Western perceptions.

So is Modi and the BJP fascists?

Fascism, as a generic term, is of course an intellectual construct, and therefore there can be no objective factual definition. Working definitions instead are to be judged on whether they are useful and shed light.

The one I find most useful is from the historian, Roger Griffin, which has proved to be very influential. For Griffin, fascists were populist ultra-nationalists, seeking to lead revolutionary movements that sought to destroy the existing system and inaugurate in its place a new order, involving the creation of a new culture, and the production of a new ‘type of man’. Ultimately, they aimed at the rebirth of the national community. Indeed Ian Kershaw, the justly acclaimed historian of Nazi Germany, wrote, “the quest for national rebirth lay, of course, at the heart of all fascist movements.” Modris Eksteins wrote too in his brilliant book, Rites of Spring, with respect to the Nazi party:

“The intention of the movement was to create a new type of human being from whom would spring a new morality, a new social system, and eventually a new international order…Hitler talked in these terms endlessly. National Socialism was more than a political movement, he said; it was more than a faith; it was a desire to create mankind anew.”

In the case of Modi and the BJP, there is no denying the elements of populist ultra-nationalism and a vision of a regenerated national community. But I don’t see this as enough for them to qualify as fascists when applying Griffin’s definition, because they are not truly revolutionary. They are not seeking to forcibly overthrow and destroy the existing system of government and democracy in order to create a radically different new order.

Of course, this is not to deny that Modi’s regime is a very real threat to liberal democracy. Under Modi, India’s democracy has indeed become more illiberal and more authoritarian as amply demonstrated in Christophe Jaffrelot’s recent work, Modi’s India. That it has been done so subtly illustrates the problem of confusing today’s demons with those of the past.

So is Modi and the BJP fascists?

Fascism, as a generic term, is of course an intellectual construct, and therefore there can be no objective factual definition. Working definitions instead are to be judged on whether they are useful and shed light.

The one I find most useful is from the historian, Roger Griffin, which has proved to be very influential. For Griffin, fascists were populist ultra-nationalists, seeking to lead revolutionary movements that sought to destroy the existing system and inaugurate in its place a new order, involving the creation of a new culture, and the production of a new ‘type of man’. Ultimately, they aimed at the rebirth of the national community. Indeed Ian Kershaw, the justly acclaimed historian of Nazi Germany, wrote, “the quest for national rebirth lay, of course, at the heart of all fascist movements.” Modris Eksteins wrote too in his brilliant book, Rites of Spring, with respect to the Nazi party:

“The intention of the movement was to create a new type of human being from whom would spring a new morality, a new social system, and eventually a new international order…Hitler talked in these terms endlessly. National Socialism was more than a political movement, he said; it was more than a faith; it was a desire to create mankind anew.”

In the case of Modi and the BJP, there is no denying the elements of populist ultra-nationalism and a vision of a regenerated national community. But I don’t see this as enough for them to qualify as fascists when applying Griffin’s definition, because they are not truly revolutionary. They are not seeking to forcibly overthrow and destroy the existing system of government and democracy in order to create a radically different new order.

Of course, this is not to deny that Modi’s regime is a very real threat to liberal democracy. Under Modi, India’s democracy has indeed become more illiberal and more authoritarian as amply demonstrated in Christophe Jaffrelot’s recent work, Modi’s India. That it has been done so subtly illustrates the problem of confusing today’s demons with those of the past.

Liberal democracy? In a democracy, the people have the right to decide if they want a liberal or conservative govt. No?

Keep on dreaming! The Afghan Taliban has said that Pakistan and the TTP should sort out their differences by themselves. Big humiliation!

When the Indian media and even Modi is always calling Pak this or that why should Pak not reciprocate? Of course India is a fascist state with a PM who was once banned from entering America. Pak military and the ISI can take care of the Pak Taliban letting the Afghan Taliban take care off their own problems and Indian terrorism in Afghanistan. IK should have mentioned Indian fake news using the recent fake video's and pics as examples.

It's pointless to make extreme exaggerations like "Nazism" to define the hindutva movement in India like Imran does here. The first thing to understand is that desis, regardless of their religion, are not really a tolerant bunch to begin with. There has always been a power struggle between Hindus and Muslims over the centuries in the Indian subcontinent. The hindus felt they were subjugated under muslim rule and wanted to regain the power back from the muslims. Similarly, as the Mughal empire decayed to its death and India transitioned into Maratha and then British rule, the muslims, particularly who were earlier part of the ruling class, lost their earlier privilege and felt relegated to second class as the muslims were no longer in power because hindus had the numerical advantage in terms of their higher population. And this power struggle and friction manifested into numerous riots between the two communities leading up to the biggest of them all during the partition. In fact, one of the prime reasons why Pakistan was borne was because the muslims felt they didn't want to be the "ruled class" under the numerical superiority of the hindus and wanted a new country of their own where they could rule themselves and create their own destiny.

Ambedkar often described two fates of a state in his books - one where the majority could exert their power and they will be the ruling class while the minorities would be the "ruled class" or subjects under the ruling class. Another was a secular state where all of them regardless of their religion were the ruling class according to the legislature. Savarkar, in his vision for a Hindu rashtra, wanted the former where the Hindus will be the ruling class and where the laws of that Hindu state would be defined according to the sensitivities of the Hindus. It doesn't mean the minorities would be persecuted, just that hindus would be the ruling class. Most of the Indian nationalist leaders like Gandhi, Nehru and Jinnah however were educated in the British system and the views of Gandhi and Nehru particularly diverged from that of Savarkar's vision of a Hindu rashtra. You could say their political vision was British in nature, which is why they adopted the British parliamentary system and retained most of the colonial laws. And just like Britain, they envisioned India to be a secular state where both hindus and muslims could call them the ruling class and there was no concept of hindus being the rulers and muslims and christians being the subjects.

I'm not sure what Jinnah's vision of Pakistan was as it seems to be ambiguous, some say he wanted it to be secular in nature while others, and certainly Iqbal's vision was for Pakistan to be an Islamic state. Regardless, Jinnah passed away soon afterwards and Pakistan transitioned into an Islamic state where muslims became the ruling class and minorities became the subjects under the ruling class. Like I said, desis in general are not exactly tolerant in nature and because of the great power struggle between both communities over the centuries, they simply don't want to share power with the other in their respective states and it happened pretty quickly in Pakistan. In India however, the country remained a secular state much to the chagrin of the hindu nationalists who felt betrayed by the Indian nationalist leaders like Gandhi and Nehru. The support for Hindu nationalism has always been in pockets of the society even during the partition under the Hindu Maha Sabha, but it wasn't major enough for the Hindu nationalists to come into power. But with social media, fear and insecurity could be easily spread and polarisation more easily done in the matter of a few tweets, where it would take numerous public gatherings in the past.

And so, the Hindus were convinced that they had been betrayed by Gandhi and Nehru as they had opted for a secular state, unlike Jinnah who didn't betray the muslim cause as Pakistan eventually became an Islamic state. It's why the former two are hated more than even Jinnah among the Hindu nationalists. Muslims, in general, particularly those in the subcontinent wear religion on their sleeves and a muslim majority state would almost always be an islamic state with the exceptions like Turkey, Indonesia and the central asian republics. Hindus generally aren't dogmatic about their religion as much as the muslims but they have started to become as chauvinistic about their religion as much as muslims with the rise of hindutva in recent times more from a political sense rather than a theological sense, and I personally think such a phenomenon is detrimental for a state. You only have to see asia where the religiosity gradually decreases from Afghanistan to Pakistan to India to China, Korea & Japan and the level of economic development inversely increases with the decrease in public religiosity as you move across these countries from west in Afghanistan to east in China and Korea.

So branding the hindu nationalist movement as nazism is silly because most of the promises in the BJP manifesto are actually laws in the Pakistani constitution and much more. It's simply the rise of right wing nationalism which is actually the basis for islamic states like Pakistan and Afghanistan and Hindus starting to wear their religion on their sleeves like their muslim counterparts. It's kinda ironic when I see a lot of muslims being sympathetic to the Taliban but the same people term those hindus who identify with the Hindutva movement as Nazis. Imran himself came to power by saying he would fiercely defend the blasphemy laws and is highly sympathetic to the Taliban in Afghanistan. Hindus and muslims are just mirror images of each other, with each thinking the other is a fascist for having views coloured by their religion. Resorting to pointless exaggerations like terming each other Nazis and religious fascists is just silly. In reality, both Hindus and muslims are right wing in nature in varying degrees in the right wing spectrum. It is not that one community is secular and liberal in nature like the Europeans and the other is fascist.

Back