PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif, the 23rd Prime Minister of Pakistan

TLP are your allies. Look it up. I wish you did some research before coming on here to get a beating.

Yes, we are the ones who released their leaders from jail after making an agreement with their party to stop a sit-in. LOL. You're a funny man. IK has been a terrorist sympathizer from day one whether its Bin Laden whom he referred to as Shaheed, or Taliban, or TTP or TLP.

Dont worry, history books dont remember such dumb propoganda.

I can already see the students ticking the mcq in their pak history exam

Q) which prime minister of Pakistan lost the peoples confidence?
A) Imran Khan

Oh, man. This becomes funnier each time I read it. Looks like a genuine history class question though.

Have deleted some disgusting posts.

Clearly some of you cannot have a civilized discourse.

Consider this a stern warning

Next set of post deletions will result in bans

Think.

Someone with Pending MONEY LAUNDERING CASES IS ELECTED PM. Let that sink in. He is now PM of the country, what a joke. This would never happen in the western world. This is unbelievable. Makes me sick to my stomach
People on this forum are celebrating his ‘victory’ shame on all of you. Who are supporting this crook who and his family have robbed the country blind for decades.

Minimum wage increase to 25k finally

There you go pti economics 101. When you have inflation you need to increase wagees..

You do realise most people in Pakistan are self employed there is no such thing as minimum wage for the poor. So what are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
The group you refer to as criminals has a lot more dignity and morale as compared to Imran Khan.

Of course they do. What a joke.

He is a crook, his brother is a crook his whole family are full of crooks.

Yes, we are the ones who released their leaders from jail after making an agreement with their party to stop a sit-in. LOL. You're a funny man. IK has been a terrorist sympathizer from day one whether its Bin Laden whom he referred to as Shaheed, or Taliban, or TTP or TLP.

Look who they came out for last week. The TLP was created by the Nooras to counter balance TUQ. As far as terrorist sympathiser is concerned, who asked the TTP not to attack Punjab. Let me think. Who was funded By OBL, let me think. At least come with facts before you challenge me.

Someone with Pending MONEY LAUNDERING CASES IS ELECTED PM. Let that sink in. He is now PM of the country, what a joke. This would never happen in the western world. This is unbelievable. Makes me sick to my stomach
People on this forum are celebrating his ‘victory’ shame on all of you. Who are supporting this crook who and his family have robbed the country blind for decades.

What cases?

NAB will be disbanded. And the officials who investigated this traitor mafia will be persecuted. All the paperwork/evidence will be shredded and Noora minions will fight over a plate of Biryani :yk

917YmCh.png

ISLAMABAD: In his first speech in the National Assembly as the prime minister of Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif Monday raised the minimum wage of government employees to Rs25,000 which is applicable from April 1.

Following the ouster of PTI chairman Imran Khan from the office of the prime minister, the Opposition's joint candidate Shehbaz Sharif was elected as the 23rd premier of Pakistan today.

Shehbaz secured 174 votes as opposed to PTI's candidate Shah Mahmood Qureshi, who received no votes after his party decided to boycott the polling process.

The premier mentioned that it was for the first time in the history of Pakistan that a prime minister was ousted through the no-confidence motion.

Among other relief measures, PM Shehbaz said that cheap wheat will be introduced at utility stores, laptops will be provided to the youth, and Benazir Card will be introduced.

‘We need to wash out the effects of previous govt’
Regarding the economy of Pakistan, Shahbaz said if Pakistan were to progress, then it needs to be self-sufficient on the financial front.

"...we will need to protect and respect the nation as neither was anyone a traitor nor are they traitors now," the prime minister said, noting if Pakistan's economy were to move forward, then, the government will have to use "dialogue" and not move towards a deadlock.

PM Shehbaz Sharif said hard work was required for Pakistan's progress as if only statements could move the country forward, then during PTI's tenure, “we would have been among the leading nations.”

"We will need to wash out the effects of the previous government by working together, otherwise, we will fail [...] our economy is in a bad situation right now," the prime minister said.

Shehbaz said the new government would take steps to make Pakistan an "investment heaven" for investors as he noted their capital would help the country move forward.

He announced that despite Punjab "being the elder brother" if all the other provinces remain behind in terms of development, then it is not Pakistan's development, it was just a single province's development.

"...this servant of Pakistan vows to make sure that Pakistan will develop and not just Punjab," Shehbaz said.

He said the government would reintroduce the Benazir Card and interlink it with the education sector in a bid to facilitate people whose children go to school.

"Our children should be equipped with great knowledge [...] we will reintroduce this programme with consultation," he said and lashed out at the PTI government for discontinuing it.

In-camera briefing on 'threat letter'

The newly-elected prime minister said the Opposition was discussing the no-confidence motion days before Imran Khan's "concocted threat letter controversy".

"They say that this letter came to them on March 7, but our decisions were made way before that, so, if [what the previous government claimed] is a lie, then the matter should be disclosed transparently before the public," he said.

Therefore, PM Shehbaz Sharif announced that the parliament's security committee would be given a briefing on the "threat letter" to the members of the committee in presence of the armed forces personnel and bureaucrats — the director-general Inter-Services Intelligence, foreign secretary, and the ambassador who wrote it, who has now been transferred to Brussels.

"If there's an iota of evidence that we were backed by foreign conspirators [...] then with you Mr speaker and God as my witness, I will not think for another second and resign from the office of the prime minister," PM Shehbaz Sharif said, vowing to hold an in-camera session of the security committee at the earliest.

The prime minister thanked his brother and ex-premier Nawaz Sharif for his support, while also lauding social media activists, press clubs, media houses, and lawyers for backing the Opposition's struggle for democracy.

GEO

I'll advise PM Modi to understand that there is poverty on both sides. I call upon Modi to come and resolve the Jammu and Kashmir issue and then let's fight poverty together:

Newly elected Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif

I'll advise PM Modi to understand that there is poverty on both sides. I call upon Modi to come and resolve the Jammu and Kashmir issue and then let's fight poverty together:

Newly elected Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif

New adviser in town.
Stop advising.
:facepalm

WOW even for Pak standards this is a massive shock.
Perhaps the people deserve this, seriously pathetic to just let this happen.

When the year started pti fans were doing pre celebrations that imran khan is gonna complete 5 years.. but than God intervened.

Who would had predicted that shabaz shareef would become pm this year. Who would had predicted that Imran would be ousted.

Never doubt Gods plan.

I understand pti fans are unhappy because last week there hero was the pm and now isnt even part of pakistans national assembly anymore.

The people voted the opposing parties in majority and the people won.

Shebaz Shareef has become the first pm to replace another pm with whom people had lost their confidence in

Have you heard God's Plan by Drake? Worth a listen.

God's plan was to get the corrupt into power lol
Major you're the type that you truly believe your own lies. Congrats today, bohat daer baad itni khushi mili hai enjoy kar lo. You will see the true peoples mandate soon.

Last edited:
[MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION]
So it's Allah's plan to have a man facing jail for laundering trilions ( until this intervention and the inevitable dropping of the case) to lead a nation of 230mn. This is verging on the disbelief

God's plan was to get the corrupt into power lol
Major you're the type that you truly believe your own lies. Congrats today, bohat daer baad itni khushi mili hai enjoy kar lo. You will see the true peoples mandate soon.

What peoples mandate? From 100% people who voted 32% voted for pti

Peoples mandate is that 68% not the 32% minority.

I got my khushi when at 11:50 pm of april 9th, imran was added on ecl and the speaker had to resign and voting was started by Ayaz

I got my khushi when at 11:50 pm of april 9th, imran was added on ecl and the speaker had to resign and voting was started by Ayaz

Stop trolling and answer the question. Can any person of imaan say that it's Allah's plan to have criminals in charge.

:)) Afridi supports pmln? Nice

I thought him being from karachi he would be a mqm supporter.

Anywyas, seeing our celebrities from showbiZ saying hum nahi mantay, atleast afridi talking some sense. Never expected this from him.

More aqalmand celebrities should speak out aswell

:)) Afridi supports pmln? Nice

I thought him being from karachi he would be a mqm supporter.

Anywyas, seeing our celebrities from showbiZ saying hum nahi mantay, atleast afridi talking some sense. Never expected this from him.

More aqalmand celebrities should speak out aswell

Answer the question I posed. You seem to be running from your own posts.

Well that petition went out the window today and the petitioner was charged a fine of 1 lakh PKR.

You can twist the numbers how you want and we discussed this in another thread but you don't retain your lesson. You conveniently ignore the upward trend (swing of votes) of PTI votes from 2013 to 2018 elections. It was an increase of 15% from the 100% of people that voted in each election. Secondly PDM parties were on a downward swing. Between PML N and PPP the swing downwards was a little over 10%.

Recent polls show that PTI is even more popular. And there are other factors as well that will affect the next general elections.

1. Last time voter turn out was a little over 50%, next time it will be higher as the recent events have received wide coverage. Alot more people are politically interested
2. Pakistan has a young population. Each year as kids turn of age, they turn to PTI as it's the party for youths
3. Overseas voting can still come into play
4. Khan's narrative is strong and all its going to take is one wrong move from PDM to fuel his fire
5. Do not underestimate the choudharys of Gujrat, they will hold their own

Answer the question I posed. You seem to be running from your own posts.

Why do you want me to repeat things for you 10 times?

Like i said, never doubt Gods plan. Everything happens for a reason.

And we could only thank God for bringing back a democratic system and pm to Pakistan.

I hope i dont have to repeat it a third time

And we could only thank God for bringing back a democratic system and pm to Pakistan.

So you are saying thats Allahs plan is to have a criminal ruling over 230mn people and being the moral compass.Thanks for the clarification. Just when i thought you couldn't go any lower, you just have.

Not God's plan, America's plan! This is an imported selected government! Allhamdolilah the selected tag has been lifted from PTI and is now rightly where it belongs

So the earthquake aid looter becomes a complete new low its like Al Capone all over judgement day is near we should stone the supreme Court building

Oath taking is taking place

PM shebaz shareef finally got to wear that sherwani :)).

Hamara PM :)

Chairman Senate doing the oath taking.

Its sad that our president had to play politics and is pretending to be sick...

Hopefully he could be impeached by senate

1st Drone strike also happened in Waristan will Showbaz condemn it 😳 just wait and see more humiliation to follow

Oath taking done..... Its official now.

Congratulations Pakistan. Democracy is the winner.

1st Drone strike also happened in Waristan will Showbaz condemn it �� just wait and see more humiliation to follow

I hope its fake news. If its true and we need credible sources to confirm- old Showbitch will have a very short reign

1st Drone strike also happened in Waristan will Showbaz condemn it �� just wait and see more humiliation to follow

Begger will shut up his mouth and only focus on stealing money and transferring it into offshore accounts.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to H. E. Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif on his election as the Prime Minister of Pakistan. India desires peace and stability in a region free of terror, so that we can focus on our development challenges and ensure the well-being and prosperity of our people.</p>— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) <a href="https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/1513556114855501829?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to H. E. Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif on his election as the Prime Minister of Pakistan. India desires peace and stability in a region free of terror, so that we can focus on our development challenges and ensure the well-being and prosperity of our people.</p>— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) <a href="https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/1513556114855501829?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He will visit Pakistan soon:ssa2

Looks like it was fake news.

Anyway - why should a newborn PM Shehbaz Sharif be held responsible for such events when it's the rotten army who controls everything inside and outside the military in your country?

Waah a corrupt incompetent chuur who had corruption charges against him is now the temporary PM of Pakistan... Such banana republic these goons have made Pakistani politics but gladly it will not last for too long as Pakistan is not the same this time around after IK presence at the top. Not long ago this placed Sharif PM was ready to escape to London and join his bhagora brother but has now made it to top by buying seats and judiciary, what cartoons lol but these bhagoras will soon be back to their usual bhaagorapan.

How can anyone support family based politicians is quite laughable. Like it seriously takes next level jahalat to support such incompetent corrupt chuurs who treat political parties like their Khandan ke jageer. Gladly it will not last for too long this time.

Minimum wage increase to 25k finally

There you go pti economics 101. When you have inflation you need to increase wagees..

Yes, what is the selling price of this job? 5lacs or 10 lacs? Who is going to net the profit.

Stock market is going over 1455 points. Dollar now trading close to 183. All positive sings with change of government. Economy will improve under the visionary leadership of Shahbaz Sharif.

Oil Prices have dropped. Thank you Shehbaz Sharif.

Crude futures are tumbling yet again, sinking nearly 3%. After nearing $140 a barrel in early March and topping $120 as recently as two weeks ago, Brent futures have fallen in nearly a straight line and now sit just a hair above $100.

China-Pakistan ties could be better under Shehbaz Sharif than Imran Khan, says report

The possibility of Shehbaz Sharif becoming next prime minister of Pakistan may be better for China-Pakistan ties, a 'Global Times' report said on Sunday.

The change in guard seems to have been welcomed by the state-run daily. The all-weather ties between China and Pakistan "could be better than under Khan", it said, while saying about the scenario if Sharif becomes PM.

The write-up in the daily, which is regarded as Chinese official media, said that a new Pakistan government may get formed under Shehbaz when Parliament reconvenes to vote for a new PM on Monday.

Source: https://www.wionews.com/south-asia/...baz-sharif-than-imran-khan-says-report-470057

To ousted leader Imran Khan, Pakistan’s new prime minister is simply a “slave of America” who conspired with the U.S. to remove his government and reorient the nation’s foreign policy.

Yet those close to Shehbaz Sharif, chosen by lawmakers on Monday after Khan was removed in a no-confidence vote, describe a man adept at balancing ties between powerful actors -- whether it be the U.S., China, Russia or even Pakistan’s own military, which staged a coup against his brother more than two decades ago.

“Shehbaz Sharif would really like to pursue friendly relationships with all countries,” said Miftah Ismail, a former finance minister who worked with Sharif when he headed Punjab, Pakistan’s most populous province. “We would love to have good relations with the U.S. and China, and of course Russia.”

Sharif’s ability to reset Pakistan’s foreign policy will be much harder after Khan accused the U.S. of pushing for his ouster, stoking anti-Americanism in a bid to delegitimize the new government and return to power in an election that must be held by August 2023. Khan rallied supporters across Pakistan Sunday night to protest what he called “U.S.-backed regime change,” and dozens of lawmakers in his party resigned Monday to pressure Sharif.

The discord threatens to complicate Sharif’s talks with the International Monetary Fund to secure $3 billion remaining from a loan program to shore up the nation’s finances. Pakistan’s stocks and rupee soared on Monday on optimism at obtaining the funds, which were held up after Khan cut fuel and electricity prices to help the country’s 230 million people cope with Asia’s second-fastest inflation.

Even before taking power, Sharif found himself on the defensive. When speaking last month about the importance of good U.S. ties for Pakistan’s economic prospects, his remark that “beggars can’t be choosers” triggered Khan’s taunts. Sharif later clarified the comments by saying “true independence comes from self-reliance.”

The exchange showed the challenges facing a politician who has often been more comfortable working behind the scenes rather than on stage as a fiery political orator. Whereas Khan built up a personality cult stemming from his fame as a former cricket star, Sharif has said he would defer to his older brother Nawaz Sharif and other key party leaders if they disagreed with his proposals on foreign and economic policy.

“Shehbaz is known for being a sharp and efficient manager and leader -- but he’s never been prime minister,” said Michael Kugelman, senior associate for South Asia at the Washington-based Wilson Center. “Like Khan, he’ll be put to the test if faced with a post he’s never held before, with all the immense challenges that come with that and especially in an environment of hyper partisanship and serious economic crisis.”

In his first remarks after taking power on Monday, Shehbaz Sharif said he would hold a public hearing on Khan’s claims that the U.S. sent his government a threatening letter and vowed to resign “if there is any iota of conspiracy.” Shehbaz Sharif pledged good ties with “all-weather friend” China while also seeking better ties with the U.S. and Europe. He made no mention of the IMF as he vowed to turn Pakistan into “a paradise for investment through wonderful policies.”

“Our relations have seen upheavals, no doubt,” he said of the U.S. “At times our ties saw some confusion, but does that mean we should ruin our relations with them? No, we would have to maintain these relations on the basis of equality.”

Ahead of Khan’s ouster, the U.S. repeatedly denied his claims of a foreign conspiracy and said it respects Pakistan’s constitutional process. On Monday ahead of the parliament vote, Chinese Foreign Minister spokesman Zhao Lijian said Pakistan would remain an “iron clad” partner no matter who took power.

Both Sharif brothers spent about seven years in exile in Saudi Arabia and London following a 1999 coup by General Pervez Musharraf. Upon his return Shehbaz Sharif soon found himself returning to power in Punjab, where he built a reputation as a pro-business administrator.

A habitual early riser who would hold meetings at 7 a.m., Sharif was known to make surprise visits to local government offices to keep bureaucrats on their toes and took a keen interest in infrastructure projects in Lahore, Punjab’s capital. The city soon became more developed than other major metro areas in Pakistan, with an extensive road network and the first modern train service.

“He is not a man of popular politics -- he isn’t that kind of leader,” said Sohail Warriach, Lahore-based senior editor at the local newspaper Jang. “His expertise is management and execution.”

‘Shehbaz Speed’
After his brother became prime minister again, their party unveiled the $46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor -- a foundational piece of President Xi Jinping’s Belt and Road Initiative. Chinese officials became enamored when he oversaw construction of a coal plant in 22 months that Beijing expected to take 36 months, referring to his approach “Shehbaz speed.”

“Shehbaz Sharif is very pro-business and he would really like to revive the CPEC and increase the speed of the projects that are underway,” said Ismail, the former finance minister. “We understand that China has been a friend in all times whenever Pakistan has needed it.”

Shehbaz Sharif’s critics say his business acumen came with a lot of corruption. He’s facing a number of money laundering and graft charges, including over an allegation that he canceled a low-cost housing contract in Punjab and transferred the work to a company connected to him. The Sharif family has called the charges politically motivated, saying the Khan administration sought to keep them out of politics.

Unlike Khan, Shehbaz Sharif has also managed to maintain solid ties with the military, which has ruled Pakistan for almost half of its history and maintains influence in formulating foreign policy. During his brother’s premiership, Shehbaz Sharif often helped to build consensus when the two sides didn’t see eye-to-eye.

The new leader’s solid relations with key generals will give him greater credibility in dealing with U.S. President Joe Biden and his European allies, particularly in helping stabilize a Taliban-led Afghanistan, according to retired general Talat Masood.

Shehbaz Sharif would focus on avoiding “a situation where Pakistan could be embarrassed,” Masood said.

Army Chief
One major decision facing the new leader will be whether to give General Qamar Javed Bajwa an extension as army chief when his term expires in November. Khan had publicly sparred with Bajwa over military promotions and was said to favor a rival for the top job, leading to the deterioration of a relationship that had helped him stay in power.

Khan’s claims that the U.S. was seeking to oust him also didn’t sit well with military. Shortly afterward, Bajwa gave a speech saying that Pakistan wanted to broaden and balance ties with both Washington and Beijing.

“Overall, a reset in foreign policy will take time, given the baggage of the past couple of decades,” said Kamran Bokhari, director at the Washington-based New Lines Institution for Strategy and Policy. “Especially the damage done during Imran Khan’s government.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-u-s-puppet-new-pakistan-pm-bets-on-centrism

It was a very good statesman like speech. He even opened with willingness for open probe on the so called letter gate. A question. Has the case for treason / interference by foreign power been registered by PTI in any the courts ?

Stock market is going over 1455 points. Dollar now trading close to 183. All positive sings with change of government. Economy will improve under the visionary leadership of Shahbaz Sharif.

No surprises here. Smart people would have made big money. After the economic horrors of last 3 years, markets were bound to respond. But I feel it will be short lived. Harsh measures are needed.

I have always wanted this day to come. Shehbaz is the most hardworking and skilled administrator in the country.

His party would have been in a much better shape today if he was the elder brother and not Nawaz. He is far superior.

Great to see a proper PM again who knows what he is doing and is not playing a cricket match in his head.

I have always wanted this day to come. Shehbaz is the most hardworking and skilled administrator in the country.

His party would have been in a much better shape today if he was the elder brother and not Nawaz. He is far superior.

Great to see a proper PM again who knows what he is doing and is not playing a cricket match in his head.

OK the criteria is that PM should be hardworking and skilled only? If he loots the country that is completely fine, as long as he opens the public offices at 08:00 in the morning and not 10:00?

China-Pakistan ties could be better under Shehbaz Sharif than Imran Khan, says report

The possibility of Shehbaz Sharif becoming next prime minister of Pakistan may be better for China-Pakistan ties, a 'Global Times' report said on Sunday.

The change in guard seems to have been welcomed by the state-run daily. The all-weather ties between China and Pakistan "could be better than under Khan", it said, while saying about the scenario if Sharif becomes PM.

The write-up in the daily, which is regarded as Chinese official media, said that a new Pakistan government may get formed under Shehbaz when Parliament reconvenes to vote for a new PM on Monday.

Source: https://www.wionews.com/south-asia/...baz-sharif-than-imran-khan-says-report-470057

Any obvious sane government would want to protect their assets/ investment in this situation. China stating this is no surprise at all even when they know the puppet regime has been put in place is to sing to the tunes of the yanks. Whilst stating the obvious, the Chinese will be very cautious.

OK the criteria is that PM should be hardworking and skilled only? If he loots the country that is completely fine, as long as he opens the public offices at 08:00 in the morning and not 10:00?

All baseless allegations, Imran and PTI are the real crooks.

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is interested in the president, National Assembly speaker and Senate chairman positions instead of ministries in new coalition setup led by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, ARY News reported.

After taking oath of office on Monday, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif is meeting leaders from the coalition partners ahead of the cabinet formation.

Sources mentioned that the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is not interested in federal ministers. Instead, they have asked for the three federal positions.

A good majority of PPP leadership advised electoral alliance (for the next general elections) instead for ministries. A source said that a senior PPP leader said the offer should be accepted provided there is one on at least 15 seats.

According to reports, PML-N is trying to convince PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to accept their offer.

Former Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari and PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari chairman started consultation regarding the new cabinet as well.

A final decision is expected in a few days.

ARY

Enjoy working an extra day. Hopefully that means less time for you to post rubbish

Allhamdolilah ABSOLUTELY NOT

You do realize that your leader begged for more money than any of his predecessors? Not only did he ask IMF for funds but also reached out to KSA, UAE, US and China.

I've already made a post and commented several times on the debt accumulated by Imran Khan during his tenure which was more than anyone else has done in the past.

Imran Khan made us all beggars.

You do realize that your leader begged for more money than any of his predecessors? Not only did he ask IMF for funds but also reached out to KSA, UAE, US and China.

I've already made a post and commented several times on the debt accumulated by Imran Khan during his tenure which was more than anyone else has done in the past.

Showbaz with his pathetic statement regarding "beggars can't be choosers " went to a new level though. Admitting we will do as USA says and your part of this.

Haha you're way out of your depth on this topic and can try pushing that narrative but when I school you in economics 101 you'll again be going in all directions just like our constitutional debate.

Let's stick to the topic at hand, which was about the language PTI supporters use.

Question was whether you like being called a 'beggar'?

Dissolve NAB and hold its employees accountable, Abbasi tells new govt

PML-N leader Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Tuesday told the newly-elected government, which is being led by his party's president, Shehbaz Sharif, to dissolve the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) and hold its employees accountable.

"NAB's employees looted and tortured people for years. It's time they should be held accountable," he said at a media talk in Islamabad today morning.

Abbasi came down on the chairman of the bureau, accusing him of "being fully under control" of PTI Chairman and former PM Imran Khan. "He used to take instructions [from the previous government]."

He claimed that there was a minister in Imran Khan's office who used to issue orders to the NAB chief regarding lodging fake cases, arresting people and defaming them. "This is your NAB chairman ... who stayed quiet on Imran Khan's corruption," the PML-N leader added.

He also lamented that NAB couldn't prove a single reference or inquiry against PML-N leaders in the last four years. "Why didn't they investigate people who were involved in corruption worth billions [of rupees] and were sitting in the federal cabinet," Abbasi demanded.

Now, he announced, was time to hold NAB accountable. "We are not taking revenge from anyone. We just want to expose the reality of NAB in front of the public. Accountability exists in the country but if you want to indulge in corruption, go to NAB," Abbasi said.

He also revealed that the government would move courts for the installation of cameras inside NAB courts so that the "public knows who is actually involved in corruption".

"We won't arrest anyone. Weak people like the NAB chairman will be the first person to arrested Imran Khan's people. But this is not our way," Abbasi pointed out, adding that the PML-N had always maintained its honour and respect in politics.

Whatever happened in the last four years, he reiterated, would be kept in front of the public.

PTI, PML-N at odds over NAB
Yesterday, PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif was elected as the 23rd prime minister of Pakistan following Imran Khan's ouster after a successful no-confidence movement.

As he was being ousted from power, Imran Khan claimed the joint opposition, which was behind the no-confidence move against him, wanted to form a government just to de-fang the watchdog to protect their "looted wealth" and get away with the corruption investigations under way against them.

NAB and its powers have been a sticking point between the PML-N and the PTI for the past three years, with several PML-N and PPP leaders facing cases lodged by the corruption watchdog.

When the PTI came to power in 2018, Imran Khan had claimed that the accountability bureau would unveil Shehbaz and Nawaz Sharif's corruption to the public and punish them for looting the public's money.

Meanwhile, then-opposition parties PPP and PML-N repeatedly accused the Imran-led PTI government and the corruption watchdog of a biased, one-sided, and politically motivated witch-hunt. They also said that the government and NAB had developed a nexus to target opposition members.

The rift increased when the government promulgated the National Accounta*bility (Third Amendment) Ordinance 2021 last year. The law stripped the Sup*reme Judicial Council (SJC) of the powers to remove the NAB chairman and authorised the president to do so.

Then too, PPP and PML-N had termed the ordinance "political vendetta" and "an attempt to usurp the powers of the judiciary and bring NAB under the direct control of the prime minister".

Abbasi had also said that the only purpose of the NAB ordinance was to target the PML-N.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1684650/d...s-employees-accountable-abbasi-tells-new-govt

All baseless allegations, Imran and PTI are the real crooks.

The money laundering is real and so are the cases created by AZ against the Sharifs and vice versa. If they aren't real then why did these guys create the cases against each other. Your mental midgetness needs to up its game. You have just accused your govt of creating fake cases.

Haha you're way out of your depth on this topic and can try pushing that narrative but when I school you in economics 101 you'll again be going in all directions just like our constitutional debate.

Let's stick to the topic at hand, which was about the language PTI supporters use.

Question was whether you like being called a 'beggar'?

I'll copy/paste it here as well to educate you on this matter like I've done on others.

According to State Bank of Pakistan, Pakistan's total external debt and liabilities in 2018 were 29,861.2 Billion Rs. (https://www.sbp.org.pk/reports/stat_...ternalDebt.pdf). This has increased to 51,724.2 Billion Rs in December 2021 (https://www.sbp.org.pk/ecodata/Summary.pdf).

The average USD rate in 2018 was 121.57. Using this rate, to make the aforementioned amounts currency neutral, we had a debt of $245B when Imran Khan took over and this amount (using the same conversation rate) stands at $425B.

So in the three years PTI's government ruled the country out total debt and liabilities according to State Bank of Pakistan almost doubled.

Out of this, the external debt stood at $99.238B and currently stands at $130B (as of last quarter of 2021) (https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/external-debt). That's a 31% increase in 3 years. If you have an issue with the quoted source, you can use the SBP summaries I referenced above to cross-check these amounts.

I'll copy/paste it here as well to educate you on this matter like I've done on others.

According to State Bank of Pakistan, Pakistan's total external debt and liabilities in 2018 were 29,861.2 Billion Rs. (https://www.sbp.org.pk/reports/stat_...ternalDebt.pdf). This has increased to 51,724.2 Billion Rs in December 2021 (https://www.sbp.org.pk/ecodata/Summary.pdf).

The average USD rate in 2018 was 121.57. Using this rate, to make the aforementioned amounts currency neutral, we had a debt of $245B when Imran Khan took over and this amount (using the same conversation rate) stands at $425B.

So in the three years PTI's government ruled the country out total debt and liabilities according to State Bank of Pakistan almost doubled.

Out of this, the external debt stood at $99.238B and currently stands at $130B (as of last quarter of 2021) (https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/external-debt). That's a 31% increase in 3 years. If you have an issue with the quoted source, you can use the SBP summaries I referenced above to cross-check these amounts.

And GDP per capita eroded by 33% during the same period.

A lot of disinformation around this is being quoted. Let me break this down for you.

Approximately the external borrowing increased by 20 trillion rupees over the year. This agrees with your report above. Here's a gist showing the breakdown of this borrowing.

- 12 trillion were used as immediate repayment for interest financing / accruals on previous loans
- 6 trillion is a direct fx devaluation impact on loans stated in rupees
- Remaining 2 trillion or approx is taken to finance balance of payments / cash reserves / other liquidity requirements.

If you really want to gauge the debt metric then apply a simple ratio called debt to GDP. Before PTI came into power this debt/GDP stood at 70% and the latest figure before Shahbaz took power this Debt/GDP stood at 65%.

The money laundering is real and so are the cases created by AZ against the Sharifs and vice versa. If they aren't real then why did these guys create the cases against each other. Your mental midgetness needs to up its game. You have just accused your govt of creating fake cases.

What about the NAB cases against Buzdar?

Under Imran Khan's tenure all major opposition leaders were arrested. The list includes: Asif Ali Zardari, Nawaz Sharif, Khawaja Saad Rafique, Khawaja Salman Rafique, Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shehbaz, Khursheed Shah, Faryal Talpur, Agha Siraj Durrani, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Ahsan Iqbal and Maryam Nawaz Sharif.

With the exception of Nawaz Sharif and Maryam (who was already sentenced before IK took charge) not a single one of these cases resulted in conviction in the PTI’s three years.

The judiciary also criticised NAB for failing to produce a convincing case against many opposition leaders which led to the courts giving them bail.

Imran Khan was creating fake cases left right and center and using NAB for political victimization.

A lot of disinformation around this is being quoted. Let me break this down for you.

Approximately the external borrowing increased by 20 trillion rupees over the year. This agrees with your report above. Here's a gist showing the breakdown of this borrowing.

- 12 trillion were used as immediate repayment for interest financing / accruals on previous loans
- 6 trillion is a direct fx devaluation impact on loans stated in rupees
- Remaining 2 trillion or approx is taken to finance balance of payments / cash reserves / other liquidity requirements.

If you really want to gauge the debt metric then apply a simple ratio called debt to GDP. Before PTI came into power this debt/GDP stood at 70% and the latest figure before Shahbaz took power this Debt/GDP stood at 65%.

Incorrect. Debt/GDP ratio is also provided in the SBP links I posted and your figures are wrong. You can check the links provided to get the accurate figures

What about the NAB cases against Buzdar?

Under Imran Khan's tenure all major opposition leaders were arrested. The list includes: Asif Ali Zardari, Nawaz Sharif, Khawaja Saad Rafique, Khawaja Salman Rafique, Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shehbaz, Khursheed Shah, Faryal Talpur, Agha Siraj Durrani, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Ahsan Iqbal and Maryam Nawaz Sharif.

With the exception of Nawaz Sharif and Maryam (who was already sentenced before IK took charge) not a single one of these cases resulted in conviction in the PTI’s three years.

The judiciary also criticised NAB for failing to produce a convincing case against many opposition leaders which led to the courts giving them bail.

Imran Khan was creating fake cases left right and center and using NAB for political victimization.

What cases against Buzdar and I have no problems if they pursue them. Afterall Budha Javed was appointed by AZ and NS.
As I said the cases against your crooks came from your other crooks. Hudbiya from Rehman Malik, Omni from Nooras under Ch Nisar, Ary Gold from Saifur Rehman and the list is long, very long . At least do some research. You spouting craap won't change those basic facts, that bar the SS case which is so strong that it needed all the establishment to save him, all the cases were made by you

All the corrupts had to team up to take one man down. There can't be a bigger success story than that for Imran Khan and PTI. This temporary mafia jolt by buying seats and judiciary isn't going to last for too long. Elections ll be happening and these choor dakeets will be out catching plane again with fake health issues. Coward corrupt same khandaan based rats are representing Pakistan again, it is quite shameful. How such corrupt khandaan based parties even have fans is quite comical.....Jahalat

Incorrect. Debt/GDP ratio is also provided in the SBP links I posted and your figures are wrong. You can check the links provided to get the accurate figures

IK faced the biggest crisis in modern time and still manged to get the Debt down, increase exports by a 1/3 , imports down bar oil, remittances up by a 1/3, tax collection nearly doubled. GDP growth at 5.5, 2nd highest in the lasr 14 years. Reserves double what he found them and would be even higher if the oil price was low as the Noora average Suck it up.

IK faced the biggest crisis in modern time and still manged to get the Debt down, increase exports by a 1/3 , imports down bar oil, remittances up by a 1/3, tax collection nearly doubled. GDP growth at 5.5, 2nd highest in the lasr 14 years. Reserves double what he found them and would be even higher if the oil price was low as the Noora average Suck it up.

Hey Bewal, off-topic but under which PM of Pakistan will you consider returning to the motherland?

It wasn't Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif, Zardari or Musharaff - you decided that Tony Blair/Gordon Brown/David Cameron/Theresa May/Boris Johnson provide you a better living environment for now. Is there somebody in Pakistan you are particularly waiting for, or is it moot since you'll stay in the UK regardless?

Where are you getting you stats from?
KSE index is almost at same level in the level 4 years.. almost no growth.
Pakistan GDP in the last 4 years has remained stagnant

Back