Team Name:

Cornered Tigers

Team Logo:

1D38481C-C573-42AD-9D5C-447A176DBE2E.jpeg

Stadium Name:
The Cage

Player Roles

Diamond:
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] - Bat (Right Hand Bat, Right Arm Leg Spin)

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] - Bat (Right Hand Bat, Right Arm Medium)

[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] - Bat (Left Hand Bat, Left Arm Off Spin)

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] - Bowl (Right Arm Fast-Medium, Right Hand Bat)

Regular:
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] - Bowl (Left Arm Leg Spin, Left Hand Bat)

[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] - Bowl (Left Arm Fast Medium, Left Hand Bat)

[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] - WK-Bat (Left Hand Bat, Right Arm Off Spin)

[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] - Bat (Right Hand Bat, Right Arm Medium)

[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION] - Bowler (Right Arm Fast Medium, Right Hand Bat)

[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION] - Bat (Left Hand Bat, Left Arm Fast)

[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] - Bowler (Left Arm Fast-Medium, Right Hand Bat)

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] - Bowler (Left Arm Off Spin, Right Hand Bat)

International Regular:
# M Muralitharan - Bowler (Right Arm Off Spin, Right Hand Bat)

# Shane Warne - Bowler (Right Arm Leg Spin, Right Hand Bat)

# Courtney Walsh - Bowler (Right Arm Fast Medium, Right Hand Bat)

Captain: [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]
Vice Captain: [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Ground Characteristics:
Bounce: High
Swing: Low
Seam: Low
Spin: High
Deterioration: Low

Last edited by a moderator:
Our fan relations team has designed various shirts for eager followers to wear and support the best team in the tournament. We have also secured Imran Khan as head coach, a position he is balancing with his role as Prime Minister. Of course, cricket comes first :afridi

374B93E6-0672-4DFA-B254-B96DDED09050.jpg
5B414DBC-7041-40E8-A89D-62A3D39DDCF1.jpg
9E6BB6CF-EE74-41C6-B86B-3BA01968DEE7.jpg
6FF0BE35-BC36-4B80-90AB-0FCC57860351.jpg

78AF5FB8-61ED-49BE-BF04-8C5DF557E090.jpg

More to follow out of our media team.

Last edited:
Also, to potential recruits — post here so we know to consider you! :ik

Last edited:
Hi boyos, looking for a home for my very specific skill sets and also play a bit of ball

How are you feeling for the draft commandante and vice commandante? Got those money moves lined up?

How are you feeling for the draft commandante and vice commandante? Got those money moves lined up?
The money is ready to be distributed... we convinced the investors to give us some extra dollars. :jkt

Any specific names we should go after during the draft?
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

:bobs

Also our first two picks will be [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] and [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]

Also our first two picks will be [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] and [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]

Atleast we will try to.

Just read the draft thread and any player can get picked for any team even though they have expressed their interest to join the club.

No worries, may be a blessing in disguise. I'll infiltrate the opposition and leak stories from within if that happens..

Know where my loyalties lay.

Any views on our home ground? Where is our fortress located?

First two picks are great [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] definitely want to prioritize active posters. Also, getting a little ahead of ourselves, but please reserve one player type change for me :))) I would like to become right arm fast-medium. Also, I want to build a 3 platinum bats attack which worked really well for Islamabad and Peshawar previously. Two of these can be Manager and Viru, and we can in our next two picks take one more active poster as a batsman and one bowler (fast-medium, since we already have you as a spin option and out and out fast bowlers didn’t seem to be doing well).

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] a couple suggestions for the home ground:
Lord’s (2009 T20 WC victory, 1999 WC Final)
MCG (1992 WC victory)
The Oval (2017 CT victory)

My favorite is Lord’s by far. No better place for the Cornered Tigers than at the birthplace of cricket. It is also home to the most recent Cornered Tigers — England led by Stokes in the 2019 WC Final.

16863B19-C77E-4D98-BA4D-F9B8F281E532.jpg
DC13F2DF-75CD-470D-8910-D8DDA2CDE44C.jpg

First two picks are great [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] definitely want to prioritize active posters. Also, getting a little ahead of ourselves, but please reserve one player type change for me :))) I would like to become right arm fast-medium. Also, I want to build a 3 platinum bats attack which worked really well for Islamabad and Peshawar previously. Two of these can be Manager and Viru, and we can in our next two picks take one more active poster as a batsman and one bowler (fast-medium, since we already have you as a spin option and out and out fast bowlers didn’t seem to be doing well).

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] a couple suggestions for the home ground:
Lord’s (2009 T20 WC victory, 1999 WC Final)
MCG (1992 WC victory)
The Oval (2017 CT victory)

My favorite is Lord’s by far. No better place for the Cornered Tigers than at the birthplace of cricket. It is also home to the most recent Cornered Tigers — England led by Stokes in the 2019 WC Final.

View attachment 100656
View attachment 100657

Okay bro, will do it!

Thanks for your opinion :)

Thanks Skip! Congrats to [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] and [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] for joining the team! Great stuff.

Hereby I officially welcome our first two players [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] and [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION].

I hope you will enjoy your time here guys.

Let’s build a strong team, which is not afraid of anything and will overcome every difficulty.

:ik

MAMA WE MADE IT

Thanks for the welcome guys! Looking forward to building a dynasty!

Current squad:
Viru, batsman, right
Manager, batsman, right
Mueez, bowl AR, off spin, right
Thunderbolt, fast-medium, right

Last edited:
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] two active posters still unpicked that would be good picks — [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]! Wasn’t aware previously of unlimited player type changes so we can worry about squad dynamics and player roles later. I have a few more names which I won’t post here to avoid spies from picking them :afridi

Let’s assemble a true Tiger team!

I went ahead with the picks Mueez bhai, I hope that’s okay! Didn’t want to delay the draft.

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]

I'm hoping to serve this team with my 100% best. Same way as you did. Let's play like Conquered Tigers.

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] two active posters still unpicked that would be good picks — [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]! Wasn’t aware previously of unlimited player type changes so we can worry about squad dynamics and player roles later. I have a few more names which I won’t post here to avoid spies from picking them :afridi

Let’s assemble a true Tiger team!

Not a problem at all. I also wanted to pick ARK Rafay and Sweepshot.

By picking these two, you’ve shown potential to carry my legacy :)) when I retire...

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]

I'm hoping to serve this team with my 100% best. Same way as you did. Let's play like Conquered Tigers.

Welcome [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION].

I know you are a champion player and I’m glad that you are in my team.

I hope we have loads of fun down in the middle and I will make sure we have enough networking events with the fans.

Last edited:
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION]

Welcome to Cornered Tigers!

We guys are proud to have you.

Good luck for the tournament.

:ik2

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION]

Welcome to the team.

I hope you both will play like Tigers.

Tigers who are hungry to win.

Let’s do this!

Welcome everyone! Make yourselves home at the home of cricket. Each of you is a champion player and the Tigers will prove it by the end of this season. Let’s do this!

In a Press Conference with All-Star-Sports news, Captain and Vice-Captain of the Tigers unveil their final squad.

Squad List
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], Batsman, Right (WK)
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], Bat AR, Off Spin, Right
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Off Spin, Right
[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Fast-Medium, Right

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast-Medium, Right
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast-Medium, Left
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast, Right

Captain and Vice-Captain Interview

Fantastic stuff all round. From :moyo [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]’s seductive cover drives, to the dynamic pulls and cuts of [MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] :vk and [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] :ijaz, to the majestic strokeplay of the artist [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] :anwar, we are a side full of batting icons who together compose an orchestra of Beethoven’s wildest dreams. In [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] :haider and [MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION] :shezzy, our talent scouting programs perused the country for not years, but decades, searching for the true heirs for the prophecy... a prophecy that, one fateful day, two talents will be born with the birthmark of a Tiger on their chests.

Our bowling unit is in devastatingly mercurial :butt hands. We are led by the skip and vice skip in true Tiger spirit. We lead an attack of true beauties and absolute sensations. The magnificent [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] :asif, a seamer not seen since the likes of McGrath. [MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION] :jofra, a fast bowling sensation consistent at 150 plus clicks and a fatal bouncer. The dynamite bowling from our all rounders is no less. [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] :afridi and [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] :stokes, led by perhaps the best all rounder of all time, are in turn some of the greatest cricketers of our era, with actions that are seamlessly smooth and perplexingly indecipherable.

Under the strategic, inspiring leadership of [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai, we will fight like true cornered tigers. We will prevail like cornered tigers. And we will settle our mantle as true kings of the subcontinental jungle.

Welcome, Tigers. It’s time to come out of the cages.

Last edited:
”I’m glad to see how [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] has taken his role till now.” says the newly-elected captain of Cornered Tigers.

“First of all, I’d like to congratulate everyone who has become part of Cornered Tigers.

I’m glad to see how [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] has taken his role till now.

I’m really happy to have him on board with me as he has helped me a lot and the chemistry between us two, is just on a whole another level.

Coming on who will play and who will not, we still have to decide as the International draft needs to happen and depending on the picks we choose, we will make a suitable combination for our lineup.
However I guarantee all my players that they will get enough time on the ground as each of them are world-class players and I’m proud to have them alongside with me and it is an honor to lead them on the pitch.

Hopefully we will do well during the matches and not disappoint our lovely fans. Our sponsors have announced that the tickets of our matches will be free. So, that the fans can come with their families and friends to watch the Cornered Tigers.”

The New York Times - 4/29/2020

Last edited:
Waisey, I think we have gotten the most balanced squad from the draft. :inti

In a Press Conference with All-Star-Sports news, Captain and Vice-Captain of the Tigers unveil their final squad.

Squad List
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], Batsman, Right (WK)
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], Bat AR, Off Spin, Right
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Off Spin, Right
[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Fast-Medium, Right

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast-Medium, Right
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast-Medium, Left
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast, Right

Captain and Vice-Captain Interview

Fantastic stuff all round. From :moyo [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]’s seductive cover drives, to the dynamic pulls and cuts of [MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] :vk and [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] :ijaz, to the majestic strokeplay of the artist [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] :anwar, we are a side full of batting icons who together compose an orchestra of Beethoven’s wildest dreams. In [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] :haider and [MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION] :shezzy, our talent scouting programs perused the country for not years, but decades, searching for the true heirs for the prophecy... a prophecy that, one fateful day, two talents will be born with the birthmark of a Tiger on their chests.

Our bowling unit is in devastatingly mercurial :butt hands. We are led by the skip and vice skip in true Tiger spirit. We lead an attack of true beauties and absolute sensations. The magnificent [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] :asif, a seamer not seen since the likes of McGrath. [MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION] :jofra, a fast bowling sensation consistent at 150 plus clicks and a fatal bouncer. The dynamite bowling from our all rounders is no less. [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] :afridi and [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] :stokes, led by perhaps the best all rounder of all time, are in turn some of the greatest cricketers of our era, with actions that are seamlessly smooth and perplexingly indecipherable.

Under the strategic, inspiring leadership of [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai, we will fight like true cornered tigers. We will prevail like cornered tigers. And we will settle our mantle as true kings of the subcontinental jungle.

Welcome, Tigers. It’s time to come out of the cages.

You didn't speak about your money making talent though :butt

Btw I spoke to the company and they are working on a graduate program right now for the new recruits. It's a joint venture between Tigers and Hawks :asif

”I’m glad to see how [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] has taken his role till now.” says the newly-elected captain of Cornered Tigers.

“First of all, I’d like to congratulate everyone who has become part of Cornered Tigers.

I’m glad to see how [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] has taken his role till now.

I’m really happy to have him on board with me as he has helped me a lot and the chemistry between us two, is just on a whole another level.

Coming on who will play and who will not, we still have to decide as the International draft needs to happen and depending on the picks we choose, we will make a suitable combination for our lineup.
However I guarantee all my players that they will get enough time on the ground as each of them are world-class players and I’m proud to have them alongside with me and it is an honor to lead them on the pitch.

Hopefully we will do well during the matches and not disappoint our lovely fans. Our sponsors have announced that the tickets of our matches will be free. So, that the fans can come with their families and friends to watch the Cornered Tigers.”

The New York Times - 4/29/2020

Proud to serve under your brilliant leadership :salute together we will take the Tigers to new heights

Waisey, I think we have gotten the most balanced squad from the draft. :inti

Agreed :afridi Need to make some changes to accommodate 2-3 more leftie batsmen and maybe one more leftie bowler. Aside from this I'm very happy.

You didn't speak about your money making talent though :butt

Btw I spoke to the company and they are working on a graduate program right now for the new recruits. It's a joint venture between Tigers and Hawks :asif

My sources are ready to provide scholarships. I can vouch that [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] are very interested :amir

Proud to serve under your brilliant leadership :salute together we will take the Tigers to new heights

Agreed :afridi Need to make some changes to accommodate 2-3 more leftie batsmen and maybe one more leftie bowler. Aside from this I'm very happy.

My sources are ready to provide scholarships. I can vouch that [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] are very interested :amir

That’s great! The company will be shortly in contact with you and will provide them assignments for the upcoming season.

Brief them well :asif

I’ve heard that Wasim Akram will be providing lessons at the academy :wasim :amir

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] be like after PPCL:

7E6BD652-95F3-40E0-B60D-808E0D6CBE82.jpg

:asif

My sources are ready to provide scholarships. I can vouch that [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] are very interested :amir

I heard that the university also provides lectures on how to defeat the Cornered Tigers and make them Conquered Tigers. Sunane mein aaya hai keh lecturers Assassins hein......

Shayad koi [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] naam ke log hein.....

I’ve heard that Wasim Akram will be providing lessons at the academy :wasim :amir

I have also alhamdulillah been able to hire esteemed Pakistan U19 batting coach Ijaz Ahmed. Our students will flourish under his guidance.

I heard that the university also provides lectures on how to defeat the Cornered Tigers and make them Conquered Tigers. Sunane mein aaya hai keh lecturers Assassins hein......

Shayad koi [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] naam ke log hein.....

The student becomes the teacher. You are ready, I’m so proud :salute

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] I think Batsman e Azam will be the next star to emerge out of the academy :butt :salute

Conquered Tigers?

Koun hain ye minnows? Kahaan se aate hain ye? :)))

With tears in my eyes I welcome one of my favorite players of all-time: Wasim Akram.

It is an extraordinary privilege to captain the “Sultan of Swing”.

Here is a clip which displays the Sultan’s skills:

Agaya jee leftie bowler.

What do you think about the next two picks?

Should they be batsmen, bowlers or all-rounders?

Gutted we missed out on the King of the Conquered Tigers but that pick really made up for it!!

We seem to have a really balanced squad without an apparent need for any particular skill so would hedge and go with an AR and batsman if it were me but you guys know best

Gutted we missed out on the King of the Conquered Tigers but that pick really made up for it!!

We seem to have a really balanced squad without an apparent need for any particular skill so would hedge and go with an AR and batsman if it were me but you guys know best
First of all at Cornered Tigers everyone’s opinion matters. We all are one.

Coming to the point I was thinking that as well.

Might pick up a left handed batsman and an all-rounder.

Thoughts Tigers?

Also, for the sake of combinations keep in mind that ARs are important. They will probably be the focus of our boosts in each match (for Bat ARs, boost their bowling to 95 and vice versa for Bowl ARs)

Also, for the sake of combinations keep in mind that ARs are important. They will probably be the focus of our boosts in each match (for Bat ARs, boost their bowling to 95 and vice versa for Bowl ARs)

My bad, it’s 85/75. But my point still stands.

Bowler for sure. We don’t have a single pure spinner.

I have the perfect pick that everyone here will love. I’ll post on the thread a little closer to our next pick so that we aren’t robbed again :))) we can discuss then

Bowler for sure. We don’t have a single pure spinner.

I have the perfect pick that everyone here will love. I’ll post on the thread a little closer to our next pick so that we aren’t robbed again :))) we can discuss then

Okay sir. I might be sleeping when the next pick happens.

:salute

So you can choose which player you want.

:salute also skip what are your thoughts on pitch attributes? I’m thinking a spinning pitch might be fun. Play two spin ARs, boost them, and play one regular spin bowler as well. This way we have a batting line up of 8 people, and three spinners on a spinning pitch, plus two supporting fast bowlers (one of whom is diamond). The advantage to this is we will be able to set up a fortress at home

However, this is just one of many possible combinations. Would love to know if you have another idea in mind

Lastly, for the third international pick, I want a Bat AR fast medium as that is the one player type that we have not yet covered. This way we will have players for all conditions and can rotate on basis of the ground (for example, if an opposition chooses a spicy pitch with high seam swing attributes, we would play this Bat AR over one of the spinners, and boost them)

:salute also skip what are your thoughts on pitch attributes? I’m thinking a spinning pitch might be fun. Play two spin ARs, boost them, and play one regular spin bowler as well. This way we have a batting line up of 8 people, and three spinners on a spinning pitch, plus two supporting fast bowlers (one of whom is diamond). The advantage to this is we will be able to set up a fortress at home

However, this is just one of many possible combinations. Would love to know if you have another idea in mind

Lastly, for the third international pick, I want a Bat AR fast medium as that is the one player type that we have not yet covered. This way we will have players for all conditions and can rotate on basis of the ground (for example, if an opposition chooses a spicy pitch with high seam swing attributes, we would play this Bat AR over one of the spinners, and boost them)

Phenomenal idea bro. I like it we can choke the opposition with spin and then our fast bowlers can catch them lacking with reverse swing.

BAT AR will be a smart tactical choice and I approve it.

Great thought process bro, well done :salute

Please welcome our newest tiger and master of webs, Mr. Muralitharan himself.

Next pick I am going for a Bat AR fast-medium as discussed earlier. Any guesses? :afridi

Back