PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

The one and only Ben Stokes ahahah. :stokes

I think I know who you will choose but can’t disclose it here for obvious reasons.

This telepathic connection! :wasim Do you have any picks in mind yourself?

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] I’m going to bed so feel free to make the pick! :kallis

One last thing, I’m thinking the Bat AR should be fast medium rather than medium fast just purely based on jeetu’s advice last season. Baaki you’re the skip and I know we’re in safe hands in your captaincy!

One last thing, I’m thinking the Bat AR should be fast medium rather than medium fast just purely based on jeetu’s advice last season. Baaki you’re the skip and I know we’re in safe hands in your captaincy!

Jeetu’s advice about pure fast bowlers didn’t really work out that well though last season did it. Just look at your own bowling :)))

Noted.

Cornered Tigers proudly announce the arrival of Jacques Kallis.

Regarded as one of the greatest allrounder of all-time and South Africa’s best bat, Kallis will be looking forward to serve his services at his upmost best.

Here is a small clip of Kallis and his resilience.

That’s a wrap for the drafts... this is the squad [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and I have chosen:

Squad List
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], Batsman, Right [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], Batsman, Right (WK)

[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], Bat AR, Off Spin, Right

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Off Spin, Right

[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Fast-Medium, Right

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast-Medium, Right

[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast-Medium, Left

[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION], Bowler, Fast, Right

Wasim Akram, Bowler, Fast, Left
M Muralitharan, Bowler, Off Spin, Right
Jacques Kallis, Bat AR, Fast-Medium, Right

I hope you guys like it.

Last edited:
That’s a wrap for the drafts... this is the squad [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and I have chosen:

Squad List

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], Batsman, Right [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], Batsman, Right (WK)

[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION], Batsman, Right

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], Bat AR, Off Spin, Right

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Off Spin, Right

[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Fast-Medium, Right

Wasim Akram, Bowler, Fast, Left
M Muralitharan, Bowler, Off Spin, Right
Jacques Kallis, Bat AR, Fast-Medium, Right

I hope you guys like it.

Yes, looks good

A proper phainta at Sir Misbah-ul-Haq Garden Park awaiting

:)))

Wanting to give us a phainta by “tuktukking”.

:misbah :uakmal

ہمارے پاس تگڑے اور دلیر پلیئر ہے

ہم ایسے جذبے کے ساتھ کھیلیں گے، تمہارا ایسا پھینٹا لگائیں گے کہ تاعمر یاد رکھو گے

Can all team members reply to this post so I can get a sense of who is active? I already have some names but this will help [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai and me make the best possible squad in terms of active players. We don’t want to play someone who doesn’t post much and leave someone out who is looking forward to these matches.

Tentative Pitch Attributes:
Pitch: Lord’s
Bounce: Good (@jeetu can you clarify how Bounce impacts wicket taking and run scoring ability?)
Seam: Low
Swing: Low
Spin: High

Tentative Diamond Contract distribution:
3 batsmen, 1 spinner (Murali)

Bounce: Good (@jeetu can you clarify how Bounce impacts wicket taking and run scoring ability?)

I suppose high bounce probably helps pacer and spinners both.

Where as low bounce helps spinner and medium is good for batting I guess cause normally ball should come at a ‘normal height’

ہمارے پاس تگڑے اور دلیر پلیئر ہے

ہم ایسے جذبے کے ساتھ کھیلیں گے، تمہارا ایسا پھینٹا لگائیں گے کہ تاعمر یاد رکھو گے
We will see on the pitch :))

Kai kon yaad rakhega aur kon jeetega.

:inti

Pitch should be low bounce imo.

Would be handy for the spinners.

Can all team members reply to this post so I can get a sense of who is active? I already have some names but this will help [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai and me make the best possible squad in terms of active players. We don’t want to play someone who doesn’t post much and leave someone out who is looking forward to these matches.

Yes please reply.

We want to have an idea who is active and who isn’t.

Pitch should be low bounce imo.

Would be handy for the spinners.

That’s why I want to clarify how bounce impacts performance. [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] in addition to my earlier questions is Mueez right that it affects spinners and fast bowlers differently?

These two songs are for my tigers:

Come on my champions, let’s show the world what we are capable of! :ik

Great stuff. First video especially brought back some bittersweet memories :afridi Tum jeeto ya haro, hame tum se pyaar hai.

:salute

That’s why I want to clarify how bounce impacts performance. [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] in addition to my earlier questions is Mueez right that it affects spinners and fast bowlers differently?

Even I have yet to find a clear pattern regarding bounce. So my advice is to go with gut instinct. My best guess is that low bounce reduces scoring rate than high bounce.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Any thoughts about player type changes?

Guess we need one or two LHB in our lineup.

Looks like your team members (apart from you and skipper) are also as active as our Assassins:uak

Suggested Squad

[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION], Batsman, Left
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], Batsman, Right Diamond
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], Batsman, Left (WK)
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION], Batsman, Right Diamond
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Left Diamond

# Jacques Kallis, Bat AR, Fast-Medium, Right
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], Bat AR, Leg Spin, Right
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Leg Spin, Left
[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION], Bowl AR, Fast-Medium, Left

# M Muralitharan, Bowler, Off Spin, Right Diamond
# Wasim Akram, Bowler, Fast, Left

Here is my final suggested squad. I have bolded all the player type changes and contract indications. What does everyone think?

Suggested Squad

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Left Diamond

Here is my final suggested squad. I have bolded all the player type changes and contract indications. What does everyone think?

You should take the diamond contract :)))

After my performances in the PSL, Imran bhai has been doing some internal auditing on my commitment :afridi

How is it going? The academy wants to understand the proceedings and if they can count on your support to harness the new talented youngsters :butt

How is it going? The academy wants to understand the proceedings and if they can count on your support to harness the new talented youngsters :butt

I spoke to Wasim bhai. As a senior player in the team, he has given me his backing :butt

Also [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], I want to give one of the diamonds to Viru, ahmadharis hasn’t been active on the thread. Not sure if he’s been following any of this at all, so I’d rather engage someone who is. Here’s the updated squad list:

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION], Batsman, Left Diamond

Ahmad bhai is also a seasoned veteran from our days together at Karachi :afridi this run machine doesn’t need money and contracts to score. In fact, it’s quite the opposite :butt Let’s just say we have an excellent partnership.

Last edited:
Good to know [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] is getting a diamond contract. I have watched him bat and his technique is similar to Sir Viv Richards. :viv

Good to know [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] is getting a diamond contract. I have watched him bat and his technique is similar to Sir Viv Richards. :viv

Learnt from the best.. both Manager101 and Viv! All female the same school of batsmanship

I spoke to Wasim bhai. As a senior player in the team, he has given me his backing :butt

Wasim bhai has also told me that you will coming today to give a special lecture along with Salman butt to the new recruits.

Looking forward to seeing you there buddy :amir

Also [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION], I want to give one of the diamonds to Viru, ahmadharis hasn’t been active on the thread. Not sure if he’s been following any of this at all, so I’d rather engage someone who is. Here’s the updated squad list:

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], Batsman, Right
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION], Batsman, Left Diamond

Ahmad bhai is also a seasoned veteran from our days together at Karachi :afridi this run machine doesn’t need money and contracts to score. In fact, it’s quite the opposite :butt Let’s just say we have an excellent partnership.
I approve it bro.

I haven’t seen Ahmad bhai online till now, wonder where he is...

Anyways I find the player changes decent too.

I will post it in the player changes thread and once everyone has approved it, I will make the team submission form.

Things going smoothly :afridi

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

I will post the rest in the evening, going for a net practice.

Kind of busy today...

I have applied for the player type changes [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Just to let everyone know the changes we have made are for the benefit of the team.

I hope you guys understand and approve it.

I know you all will do well as we have taken the advice of our head coach Imran Khan, who suggested Thunderbolt14 and me to make a left-right combo. :wahab2

:afridi

Dissapointed to lose my diamond contract but will make it up best I can. Will try to be more active in this thread.

Dissapointed to lose my diamond contract but will make it up best I can. Will try to be more active in this thread.

A wounded Tiger is a dangerous beast.

I know you will do well.

You are a champion player.

You’re a superstar bro! We thought you might be occupied these days. Your role in the batting lineup is crucial and you will win us matches without the extra money :butt

Tell him about boosts [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]. If boosted, [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] can have higher skills than the diamond players :afridi

Learnt from the best.. both Manager101 and Viv! All female the same school of batsmanship

Female? :moyo

[MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] on his other account seems to be interested in a lot of extracurriculars :ghalib note [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

[MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] on his other account seems to be interested in a lot of extracurriculars :ghalib note [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

This version of Manager seems to be of a very rangeen mizaj :asif

Tell him about boosts [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]. If boosted, [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] can have higher skills than the diamond players :afridi

You will definitely be one of our prime candidates for boosts [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION].

So [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai, who do we replace Murali with?

Can’t wait to get [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] OUT like this :yk2

:farhat

So [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai, who do we replace Murali with?

Jadeja is a like for like replacement for you, Bowl AR, Leg Spin, Left

You will become Bowl, Off spin, right, diamond

:))) :)))

Man, how do I convince you that [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] is a different person.
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], bhai isko batao, warna [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] , [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] aur [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] haath dho ke peeche par jae ge. :p

Can’t wait to get [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] OUT like this :yk2

:farhat

Dil k bhelaney ko Mueez yeh khayal Acha hai :yk

It will be something more like:

ForkedRegularHoneyeater-size_restricted.gif

Man, how do I convince you that [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] is a different person.

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], bhai isko batao, warna [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] , [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] aur [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] haath dho ke peeche par jae ge. :p

You both are the one and the same right? :yk

Press release from Manager102

A single ball has yet to be bowled in this years PPCL, however the drama has unfolded in a big way.

Faced with heinous allegations, Manager102 has quickly moved to remove any doubt and confusion from the matter - offering a clear explanation for the mishap and placing the blame of the ruckus Squarely at one Drive's feet

"Square Drive, you are worse than the coronavirus right now." Manager102 opened with.

"Square Drive, you are a snake. You know, you are not the most loved person in the PPCL. You are still stabbing people in the back," Manager102 added.

"You claim we are friends, but yet still you don't pick up the phone, send a text or a call and say Manager102 this and that and that (referring to the Freudien slip)" Manager102 is quoted as saying.

"You're so vindictive. You're still immature, still stabbing people in the back." He went on to say

"Square Drive when me and you were affiliated with the Zalmi (one as a supporter, the other in the tutelage of Manager101), we used to party every night. So why you want to talk now? Why you want to be tight on the players like this. Don't forget when you used to party back in the day, you used to keep up the most, you used to cause the most problems in the club. Then, when the mandem want to fight and beat you up - we have to protect you, you have to come and hide between us"

Manager102 is the leading (cricketing) prospect in PPCL, as well as having a gender balanced following of supporters and a recent graduate from the Chirs Gayle school of media training.

*logs onto other account* :yk

A single ball has yet to be bowled in this years PPCL, however the drama has unfolded in a big way.

Faced with heinous allegations, Manager102 has quickly moved to remove any doubt and confusion from the matter - offering a clear explanation for the mishap and placing the blame of the ruckus Squarely at one Drive's feet

"Square Drive, you are worse than the coronavirus right now." Manager102 opened with.

"Square Drive, you are a snake. You know, you are not the most loved person in the PPCL. You are still stabbing people in the back," Manager102 added.

"You claim we are friends, but yet still you don't pick up the phone, send a text or a call and say Manager102 this and that and that (referring to the Freudien slip)" Manager102 is quoted as saying.

"You're so vindictive. You're still immature, still stabbing people in the back." He went on to say

"Square Drive when me and you were affiliated with the Zalmi (one as a supporter, the other in the tutelage of Manager101), we used to party every night. So why you want to talk now? Why you want to be tight on the players like this. Don't forget when you used to party back in the day, you used to keep up the most, you used to cause the most problems in the club. Then, when the mandem want to fight and beat you up - we have to protect you, you have to come and hide between us"

Manager102 is the leading (cricketing) prospect in PPCL, as well as having a gender balanced following of supporters and a recent graduate from the Chirs Gayle school of media training.

Man, this right here is the biggest freudian slip ever :))) :))) :))) [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Bhai mere [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] you could've atleast logged onto both accounts / posted from both accounts at the same time in an attempt to prove your point, instead of immediately posting from one account after the other :))) :yk2

:)))

tenor.gif

Man, this right here is the biggest freudian slip ever :))) :))) :))) [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Bhai mere [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] you could've atleast logged onto both accounts / posted from both accounts at the same time in an attempt to prove your point, instead of immediately posting from one account after the other :))) :yk2

Right Manager101 needs to up his game. This is too obvious that this is his other account :))

[MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] I think [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] made two accounts so there is a higher chance of him being picked by the Hawks, but unfortunately for him the cornered tigers and the Misbah united picked him before :mv

Kyun Manager bhai yehi Baat hai na? :yk

[MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] I think [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] made two accounts so there is a higher chance of him being picked by the Hawks, but unfortunately for him the cornered tigers and the Misbah united picked him before :mv

Kyun Manager bhai yehi Baat hai na? :yk

Yaar, ab tum logo ko kia bolo. Bohat bari film ho aap log. :))

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] NOW he posted from both accounts at the same time after I called him out for it :))) :)))

Misbah United and Tigers - start arranging for a replacement player guys, while I do my due diligence :butt :banned:

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] NOW he posted from both accounts at the same time after I called him out for it :))) :)))

Misbah United and Tigers - start arranging for a replacement player guys, while I do my due diligence :butt :banned:

Mods/Admins can easily differentiate our IP addresses. Hence proved. :p

He’s playing catch-up :yk

Cornered Tigers without Imran Khan lol
More like Cornered Cats :)
#KhisyaniBilliyan
Imran Khan is the head-coach of Cornered Tigers :bm

It doesn’t bother us what you think about what we are, be it cats or tigers, because:

#BilliSherKiKhalaHai

“Pehle centaurus mall to chalein jaye aur wheelies tou karlein” :wahab2
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] :)))

Back