PPCL | PSL l Islamabad United | Team Thread | #UnitedWeWin

Uncontracted and int regular player have same skills - so if he's replacing int regular player he will be on the same skill set. It's just that you will have one less int. regular player if that makes sense?

Since at the moment you have 3 int. regular players and all other teams have 2 int. regular players.

Ok understood. Thanks :misbah4

8M47IwE.png

I will treat Deewana Mastana as Uncontracted player despite replacing a International player , he is allowed to swap contract with Gold , Diamond , Platinum player.

I will treat Deewana Mastana as Uncontracted player despite replacing a International player , he is allowed to swap contract with Gold , Diamond , Platinum player.
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION], can you please explain the reasoning for this? Before, we only had 1 uncontrcated player in the entire squad. Now we have 2.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION], can you please explain the reasoning for this? Before, we only had 1 uncontrcated player in the entire squad. Now we have 2.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] is saying what we can contract swap him, so i guess we can swap him from uncontacted to gold(ismailtoca).

Uncontracted local players have same skill set as International regular players so they can be swap to any category and uncontracted players can be included in the playing XI.

Last edited:
Uncontracted local players have same skill set as International regular players so they can be swap to any category and uncontracted players can be included in the playing XI.

So if we keep [MENTION=46373]Ismailtoca[/MENTION] as a gold, can we still play [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] as uncontracted?

Yes - that's right.

Ok understood :salute

I would like [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] to get the Gold contract in place of [MENTION=46373]Ismailtoca[/MENTION] as I posted on the changes thread.

Capitano [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
You should post the table of players again in the team submission thread, post the earlier one again with changes, that would be easier for everyone.

Capitano [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
You should post the table of players again in the team submission thread, post the earlier one again with changes, that would be easier for everyone.

Player Roles

PlayersRoleBowl TypeBathandBowl HandBat SkillBowl SkillContract
Kingusama92BatOffspinRightRight950Platinum
GreenstormBatMediumRightRight950Platinum
AFMBowlFastLeftLeft3085Diamond
TrentDevilBowlFastRightRight3085Diamond
BatmanBowlLegSpinRightRight3085Diamond
Raashidkhan89079BatSlowRightRight800Gold
Deewana MastanaBatARFastMediumRightRight6555Gold
MajorBowlAROffSpinRightRight5565Gold
MenInGBowlMediumFastRightRight2580Gold
Cric_crazeBatMediumFastRightRight750Uncontracted
IsmailtocaBowlMediumLeftLeft2075Uncontracted
Luke RonchiWKMediumRightRight900Intl.Platinum
Colin MunroBatMediumLeftRight900Intl.Platinum
Phil SaltWKMediumRightRight750Intl.Regular
Shadab KhanBatARLegSpinRightRight6050Intl.Regular

:salute

[MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
next game against KK, pitch type is spicy
Maybe we should drop Phil Salt and get a bowler or another all rounder, what do you say?

next game against KK, pitch type is spicy
Maybe we should drop Phil Salt and get a bowler or another all rounder, what do you say?

Yes I have been thinking of having [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] as a pinch hitter opener to see of the new ball. That way we can have another player at No 7.

Also, both home games on Flat pitch had the chasing team win easily. I think we should opt to bowl first on our home games.

1) raashidkhan89079
2) Deewana Mastana
3) Colin Munro
4) Greenstorm
5) kingusama92
6) Luke Ronchi
7) Major
8) AFM
9) TrentDevil
10) Batman
11) MenInG

What does everyone think?

Yes I have been thinking of having [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] as a pinch hitter opener to see of the new ball. That way we can have another player at No 7.

Also, both home games on Flat pitch had the chasing team win easily. I think we should opt to bowl first on our home games.

1) raashidkhan89079
2) Deewana Mastana
3) Colin Munro
4) Greenstorm
5) kingusama92
6) Luke Ronchi
7) Major
8) AFM
9) TrentDevil
10) Batman
11) MenInG

What does everyone think?

Looks good to me

Next game against Quetta on another spicy pitch.

I'm thinking of replacing Major with Shadab.

Thoughts?

1) Cric_craze
2) Deewana Mastana
3) raashidkhan89079
4) Colin Munro
5) Greenstorm
6) kingusama92
7) Luke Ronchi (WK)
8) AFM
9) TrentDevil
10) Batman
11) MenInG

For the Quetta game. Thoughts?

:tuktukutd once again showing their class :salute
[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] please share your thoughts for the Quetta game

Well played lads, this was a much needed win, our local batsmen also joining the oarty now

1) Cric_craze
2) Deewana Mastana
3) raashidkhan89079
4) Colin Munro
5) Greenstorm
6) kingusama92
7) Luke Ronchi (WK)
8) AFM
9) TrentDevil
10) Batman
11) MenInG

For the Quetta game. Thoughts?

Team looks good to me.
i think we need to push Ronchi up the order, at least at #6, he isn't able to make much of an impact down the order. He didn't get to bat in the last game, and we couldn't accelerate at the end, scored 30 odd runs in last 4 overs.

Also i think we should go with normal or spicey pitches for our remaining home games, flat pitches aren't helping us

Team looks good to me.
i think we need to push Ronchi up the order, at least at #6, he isn't able to make much of an impact down the order. He didn't get to bat in the last game, and we couldn't accelerate at the end, scored 30 odd runs in last 4 overs.

What batting order do you propose?

Pull out any one from the top three, he goes at #7, everyone else moves a position forward (thus Roncs at #6)

[MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] what position do you want to bat? Open or #7

We have to submit team by midnight GMT [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
It cut off was 13th originally, but think there's been a mistake by Batman, it's tonight now

We have to submit team by midnight GMT [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
It cut off was 13th originally, but think there's been a mistake by Batman, it's tonight now

Posted it. You have been promoted after today's heroics to No 8 :salute

Common bois, we in business now :aag
Well played everyone, special shout-out to The King [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION]
[MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] same team for next game? What is the pitch type?

The King [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] :viv

Congrats everyone. Playing like cornered tigers :imran

Common bois, we in business now :aag
Well played everyone, special shout-out to The King [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION]

[MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] same team for next game? What is the pitch type?

It's a flat pitch for the home game against Multan.

I'm thinking of just one change - Shadab for [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION]

Good win guys.

Let's win another one to push our chance for playoffs. :cummins

Congrats everyone on an emphatic win :misbah3

Onwards and upwards for :tuktukutd

We have won all our recent matches chasing. No total is safe against us :aag

Same team for the next match.

The next game will be our last one for the group stage.

Let's it make it another big win and qualify for the playoffs :salute

Well done bois, we are the invincibles :salute

Well played everyone, [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] has been a great addition.

Kaptaan [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] and me been getting some phaintas lately, but we saving our best for the playoffs

:tuktukutd

Shabash bois, [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] has been on :aag after mid season break and now [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION] has also joined the party. Also Kaptaan, it was a special spell today by you
Vital contributions from [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] & [MENTION=149716]raashidkhan89079[/MENTION]

Sorry if I have missed someone.

We look all set to lift the trophy :salute

:tuktukutd

Points Table till Round 6
Team Played Won Lost Total Points RR for RR against Net Run Rate
Quetta Gladiators 6 4 2 8 5.28 4.93 0.34
Multan Sultans 6 3 3 6 5.29 5.32 -0.03
Lahore Qalandars 6 3 3 6 5.61 5.65 -0.04
Karachi Kings 6 3 3 6 5.09 5.17 -0.08
Peshawar Zalmi 6 3 3 6 5.03 5.14 -0.11
Islamabad United 6 2 4 4 5.53 5.62 -0.09

At this point in the tournament, we had to play like cornered tigers.

We did above that. Came out on top at several close and tense moments. Everyone has played their part in the turnaround.

From the bottom of the table to be the first team to officially qualify for the playoffs and be the favourites to win from here on out.

Congrats everyone :14::14::14:

Only :tuktukutd would be capable of this.

Let's bring some real :aag in the next stages and bring it home :salute

I think we have found the perfect combination.

I'm thinking an unchanged XI for the next match.

We did above that. Came out on top at several close and tense moments. Everyone has played their part in the turnaround.

From the bottom of the table to be the first team to officially qualify for the playoffs and be the favourites to win from here on out.

Man, these motivational speeches :ik

Kaptaan [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
I just wanna say that if there's anyone we believe and have faith in after #SirMisbah, it's you. You have truly been a phenomenal Captain who has lifted the morale of whole team during times when things weren't going well for the :tuktukutd

You did an excellent job first at the draft and then during mid season break. The comrades are all ready to do everything they can to do bring the trophy home :salute

Kaptaan [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION]
I just wanna say that if there's anyone we believe and have faith in after #SirMisbah, it's you. You have truly been a phenomenal Captain who has lifted the morale of whole team during times when things weren't going well for the :tuktukutd

You did an excellent job first at the draft and then during mid season break. The comrades are all ready to do everything they can to do bring the trophy home :salute

:sree

It has been a team effort. The advice and analysis given by the VC has been invaluable. But let's not lower our intensity and focus - we haven't won yet.

Quetta have named a spicy pitch.

These are the conditions:

Bounce: High
Seam: High
Swing: High
Spin: Average
Deterioration: Low

Our last game against them was also a spicy pitch in the same ground. In that game, we played [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION] at 7 strengthen the batting. Should we keep Shadab or play [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION]?

[MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION]

Our last game against them was also a spicy pitch in the same ground. In that game, we played [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION] at 7 strengthen the batting. Should we keep Shadab or play [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION]?

[MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION]

Yep, think better to play [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION]
Spin is average and we have already 5 bowlers without Shaddy

Yes, stick with that line up and play cric_craze.

When will my beast mode go live :virat

You've been doing a brilliant job :salute

Quick fire cameos at the top to blunt the new ball for the explosive middle order and brilliant death bowling to keep things tight at the end :stokes

You've been doing a brilliant job :salute

Quick fire cameos at the top to blunt the new ball for the explosive middle order and brilliant death bowling to keep things tight at the end :stokes

Yet there is much more to come as I feel No.5 or 6 would be best position to utilize the full potential.:afridi

Ok, that was our worst performance with the bat, but it was gonna happen, we were winning everything after mid season break, so better that it happened at a time when we can still make it.

Anyways, it was a great effort with the ball by everyone, let's win against PZ and march into the final

Tough loss guys, but it's better to have this loss now rather than in the Final.

I think it's time to bring back Shadab. He's been clutch in every match he's been in.

What sort of pitch should we play against Peshawar?

And should we bat or bowl first?

Well, we lost to them twice on Normal and Flat so difficult to say if goes right this time around.

But let's try again and go for Normal pitch with Shadab should be in and bowl first.

Well that's the end of the tournament for us.

Well played nevertheless. :salute

It was a good run. :tuktukutd can be proud of their overall performance in the competition.

Clearly, the team struggles with dealing the pressure of playoff matches. The batsmen collapsed horribly in the 1st game, and the bowlers in the other. I could not handle the pressure and had to be taken off during the last match. And [MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] crumbled as well after being given the reigns.

In that regard, Club Chairman Misbah Ul Haq has noticed a clear vacancy in the Team Management positions. He has started a recruitment process for a Team Psychologist. Leading running candidate for the position is the very promising Misbah Ul Haq.

First of all, Alhamdulillah, Boys Played Well throughout the tournament, especially the local lads who just kept improving as the tournament went on. Personally for me, It was an amazing experience to be part of all this, as you may(or may not) have noticed that i have recently joined this forum after lurking for sometime, I think i have posted very little, almost nothing, outside of this PPCL forum. I couldn't have asked for a better start at this forum.

About Kaptaan i would say that in El Capitano @AFM, i couldn't have asked for a better captain, and it was a pleasure working as his deputy. He was brilliant with every decision he took, especially how he restructured the team during the mid season break, after we were down and out in the first half. I would say that whatever the PPCL organizers are planning ahead, i would absolutely love to be in the same team as my Kaptaan.

Thanks to all our players, my buddies [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION] [MENTION=149716]raashidkhan89079[/MENTION] [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] [MENTION=46373]Ismailtoca[/MENTION] and the great #SirMisbah-ul-Haq

To Doc saab [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] i know i was going overboard sometimes with the analysts stuff but i want you to know that it was all just fun. Also to the legends [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] about whom i am sure that they did indeed jinx us in the playoffs, but you guys are fking legends, it was some great entertainment, a major relief during these depressing times. Also a mention of [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] is also necessary here, the most consistent player in the league so far, only tip i will give you is that make sure you continue the pattern of your individual performance if you want to win the league and keep entertaining.

Finally to the people who managed all this, to the captains of every team, special mention to [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] @world_cup_captain and anyone who was involved behind the scenes to make this possible, including the mods.

Ciao

Cheers [MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION]. Huge respect for Islamabad’s massive turnaround after mid-season and for your generous contributions to the PPCL Anti Corruption Unit.

Also, would appreciate if someone could get me bail at some point :amir

First of all, Alhamdulillah, Boys Played Well throughout the tournament, especially the local lads who just kept improving as the tournament went on. Personally for me, It was an amazing experience to be part of all this, as you may(or may not) have noticed that i have recently joined this forum after lurking for sometime, I think i have posted very little, almost nothing, outside of this PPCL forum. I couldn't have asked for a better start at this forum.

About Kaptaan i would say that in El Capitano @AFM, i couldn't have asked for a better captain, and it was a pleasure working as his deputy. He was brilliant with every decision he took, especially how he restructured the team during the mid season break, after we were down and out in the first half. I would say that whatever the PPCL organizers are planning ahead, i would absolutely love to be in the same team as my Kaptaan.

Thanks to all our players, my buddies [MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=5261]cric_craze[/MENTION] [MENTION=149716]raashidkhan89079[/MENTION] [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] [MENTION=46373]Ismailtoca[/MENTION] and the great #SirMisbah-ul-Haq

To Doc saab [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] i know i was going overboard sometimes with the analysts stuff but i want you to know that it was all just fun. Also to the legends [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] about whom i am sure that they did indeed jinx us in the playoffs, but you guys are fking legends, it was some great entertainment, a major relief during these depressing times. Also a mention of [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] is also necessary here, the most consistent player in the league so far, only tip i will give you is that make sure you continue the pattern of your individual performance if you want to win the league and keep entertaining.

Finally to the people who managed all this, to the captains of every team, special mention to [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] @world_cup_captain and anyone who was involved behind the scenes to make this possible, including the mods.

Ciao

:sree :sree :sree

Such beautiful words my brother

:salute

Ciao

It was great to have you part of this honestly. You injected the life into this tournament with your banter! :salute

I've not even been around during match times as I've never been aware when they're played also the time difference has played a part too.

Great season guys!

Didn't end the way we wanted but that's just the way it goes.

giphy.gif

This is your team thread. [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Welcome to IU for PSL 2021.

IU picks so far
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] (100cr)
[MENTION=147262]Raja111[/MENTION] (07cr)
[MENTION=8597]kingusama92[/MENTION] (30cr)

Back