PPCL (S1) | Looking for potential captains please report here!

Ok then, I will captain and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] will be my vice captain. [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] what's the plan for the team name?

Confusion has overcrowded my mind and thus I have a few questions (hopefully someone can answer them).

Q1. Which players can we pick and how do I/ vice captain have to pick them, through draft? I have absolutely zero idea about which players we have to pick (like current internationals or all-time players etc) so it would be nice if somebody could guide me.

Q2. What are all the duties of the captain?

Q3. When is the league going to start?

I would highly appreciate if someone could clear my confusion.

Ok then, I will captain and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] will be my vice captain. [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] what's the plan for the team name?

Confusion has overcrowded my mind and thus I have a few questions (hopefully someone can answer them).

Q1. Which players can we pick and how do I/ vice captain have to pick them, through draft? I have absolutely zero idea about which players we have to pick (like current internationals or all-time players etc) so it would be nice if somebody could guide me.

I think for now we just need to finalize a team name logo and create a thread for our team and as the moderators gather more sign ups then we will have answers to the questions from them on how draft works and the schedule and also the duties

Regarding team name we could select either a catchy name or even a funny name or names like Giant Slayers , Super Legends or we could just think for a day and can come up with a few names and decide it by tomorrow as mentioned in the first post for now we just need team name. logo and rest will be known as more teams gets created

All of that will be cleared up once all captains and vice-captains are decided.

But yes once teams are created than there will be a draft of PPers and then probably a separate draft to pick international players.

After which the captains with their vice-captains will probably decide on contracts (basically skill levels) for each player.

The duty of captain and vice-captain is basically to finalise the squad. Submit it with the league organisers (there will be a particular thread for that).

And then post the pitch type and playing XIs before deadline for each match.

I think for now we just need to finalize a team name logo

These are a few off the top of my head. If you have any name in your mind then let me know.

1. Cereal Killers XI
2. Couch Potatoes
3. Victorious/ Vicious Vikings
4. Men on a Mission
5. Pindi Paindus :D
6. Peak Performers
7. Splendid Squadron
8. Awesome Annihilators
9. Terrifying Tribe

Let me know if you like any of these and we can agree on one name.

These are a few off the top of my head. If you have any name in your mind then let me know.

1. Cereal Killers XI
2. Couch Potatoes
4. Men on a Mission
6. Peak Performers
7. Splendid Squadron
8. Awesome Annihilators
9. Terrifying Tribe

5th one is good, choose that :afridi

This season I'm Captaining Loose Cannons CC
I thought suggestions you asked for were open for all to suggest. Sorry if I misunderstood and Searched some random names for your consideration sir.

Not at all as I thought I did see your name somewhere captaining a side.

1. Cereal Killers XI
2. Couch Potatoes
4. Men on a Mission
6. Peak Performers
7. Splendid Squadron
8. Awesome Annihilators
9. Terrifying Tribe

Pindi Paindus :)))

How about the Pindi Bouyz? :akhtar

1. Cereal Killers XI
2. Couch Potatoes
4. Men on a Mission
6. Peak Performers
7. Splendid Squadron
8. Awesome Annihilators
9. Terrifying Tribe

What is Pindi paindus ? i did not understand this name but I have no problem if you want to keep it

You select any one from these names

Vicious Vikings
Splendid Squadron
Pindi Paindus
Awesome Annihilators
Boom Boom Bashers
Kingslayers
Legend Killers
Golden Eagles
Maverick Sultans

Damn okay so for the 5th pair we have [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION], and the 6th pair is [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION]? Looking good!

If [MENTION=54243]Azlan Khan[/MENTION] is still interested in taking up a team, and we somehow find one more captain, we can still do 8 teams :afridi but that might be a bit of a stretch.

What is Pindi paindus ? i did not understand this name
Pindi is the contraction of Rawalpindi which is a city in Pakistan. Officially, it's called Rawalpindi but the general people refer to the city as Pindi.

Paindu is a word derived from a word in Punjabi which means village. Paindu literally means 'villager' but it is used in a sense more like culturally backward or not modern. It isn't a derogatory term but it isn't very respectful either. People from Pindi are often called Paindu as they generally en't really modern. It is a popular word in Pakistan.

I have shortlisted 'Pindi Paindus' and 'Boom Boom Bashers'. These are the two most catchy names in my opinion. If you like Pindi Paindus then we can choose it but if not then we can go with Boom Boom Bashers.

[MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION]

So you are going with the team name of Pindi Bouyz with [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] as your VC?

Please confirm to [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] :akhtar

Would like to captain Assassins if the position is still vacant [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] :)

Pindi is the contraction of Rawalpindi which is a city in Pakistan. Officially, it's called Rawalpindi but the general people refer to the city as Pindi.

Paindu is a word derived from a word in Punjabi which means village. Paindu literally means 'villager' but it is used in a sense more like culturally backward or not modern. It isn't a derogatory term but it isn't very respectful either. People from Pindi are often called Paindu as they generally en't really modern. It is a popular word in Pakistan.

I have shortlisted 'Pindi Paindus' and 'Boom Boom Bashers'. These are the two most catchy names in my opinion. If you like Pindi Paindus then we can choose it but if not then we can go with Boom Boom Bashers.

I hope this name will not annoy the users who are from Rawalpindi, I have no problems with you keeping our teams name Pindi Paindu, you are the captain so pick a name we will go with that

I hope this name will not annoy the users who are from Rawalpindi, I have no problems with you keeping our teams name Pindi Paindu, you are the captain so pick a name we will go with that

I hope that nobody will have a problem. Even I hail from Pindi and I have no problem. This name is final.

Pindi Paindus are here with [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] captaining them and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] taking the responsibility to be the vice captain.
[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

Would like to captain Assassins if the position is still vacant [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] :)
Welcome back :ca mate..
BTW Did you sign up...? We need one more captain if you're going to captaining :ca

[MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION]

So you are going with the team name of Pindi Bouyz with [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] as your VC?

Please confirm to [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] :akhtar

Waiting for him to confirm which out of the two names as I'm cool

I hope that nobody will have a problem. Even I hail from Pindi and I have no problem. This name is final.

Pindi Paindus are here with [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] captaining them and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] taking the responsibility to be the vice captain.

Sorry - we're not agree to such team names can you please come up a with different team name. Pindi Boys seems to be alright.

Welcome back. :afridi

And good that you taking a tem as well and you can open your team thread.

Also you can appoint vice captain too.

Welcome back. :afridi

And good that you taking a tem as well and you can open your team thread.

Also you can appoint vice captain too.

Thank you.

Who all are available? Can you possibly point me to the list of sign ups please?

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] do we have enough teams now? Can we get on with the drafts? :))

So is this gonna be 6 or 8 team event? Don't think we have enough signups for 8 team league

Thanks MIG. I did check that signups thread but could find only 7-8 names. I was looking for the list of people who signed up the previous season and hence are not required to sign up again.

You can appoint [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

Thanks. Don't have any problems if he agrees.

Welcome back man!

MaddG was reluctant to captain a side so I'm not sure if he'll be okay with VCing.

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] what's the scenario now? With [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] taking the 5th team and Mohan captaining the 6th team, does this mean [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] can't take a team?

Maybe we let those teo take a 7th team and if [MENTION=54243]Azlan Khan[/MENTION] agrees to take a team as well, we can have 8 after all.

Otherwise, one of Deewana/Hadi can just serve as VC to Mohan to complete 6 teams.

Welcome back man!

MaddG was reluctant to captain a side so I'm not sure if he'll be okay with VCing.

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] what's the scenario now? With [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] taking the 5th team and Mohan captaining the 6th team, does this mean [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] can't take a team?

Maybe we let those teo take a 7th team and if [MENTION=54243]Azlan Khan[/MENTION] agrees to take a team as well, we can have 8 after all.

Otherwise, one of Deewana/Hadi can just serve as VC to Mohan to complete 6 teams.

Hadi and me have the 5th team - Pindi Boyz

It’s getting confusing now :))

Best is to 6 teams since we don’t have enough signups for 8.

If Deewana Mastana and Hadi have Pindi Boyz as 6th team than Batsman e Azam can be the vice captain of Cerebral Assassins and we can move on with the season.

Don't have enough signups for 8 teams so has to stick with 6 teams this season.

We have 5 teams so for the sixth team [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] can take team Pindy Boyz and either [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] or [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] can be the vice captain in Cerebral Assassins.

Last edited:
It’s getting confusing now :))

Best is to 6 teams since we don’t have enough signups for 8.

If Deewana Mastana and Hadi have Pindi Boyz as 6th team than Batsman e Azam can be the vice captain of Cerebral Assassins and we can move on with the season.

What about [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] though?

Maybe we just let Deewana and Hadi form the 5th team, and Batsman e Azam and Geil take the 6th team since they came first, and it would be unfair to deny them a team? [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

Also cmon guys why do 2 teams wanna use Pindi Boyz as the team name :)))

I'm sure one of you can come up with something different :yk

What about [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] though?

Maybe we just let Deewana and Hadi form the 5th team, and Batsman e Azam and Geil take the 6th team since they came first, and it would be unfair to deny them a team? [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

I think both Geil and Hadi would be happy to just play as players if needed.

And I mean yes they came first but took too long to decide on a team name :))

At this point we just need to get 6 teams out doesn’t matter who is the captain or vice-captain :akhtar

I think both Geil and Hadi would be happy to just play as players if needed.

And I mean yes they came first but took too long to decide on a team name :))

At this point we just need to get 6 teams out doesn’t matter who is the captain or vice-captain :akhtar

Fair enough.

Please sort this out ASAP guys :yk

Does it have to be an even number of teams? As in is 7 teams not an option at all? We can think of a format around that, can't we?

And can we not cover the lack of signups with one local/international player each?

Does it have to be an even number of teams? As in is 7 teams not an option at all? We can think of a format around that, can't we?

And can we not cover the lack of signups with one local/international player each?

Even then not enough sign ups really.

Hadi and me have the 5th team - Pindi Boyz

Don't wait on me for minor things like names and stuff
I'm a VC so I only take command if you're absent.

Also I'm happy with either name guys. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Don’t we need international players anyways? It’s basically the same people from the PSL plus a few more names. 6 seems like the best bet.

Honestly you won’t get many active members for the 7th team. So it would boring for that team.

Plus that means everyday one team will not play a match.

I think with Deewana Mastana and Hadi we have the sixth team now. Batsman e Azaam or Geil can be VC of Mohan.

That way we can move ahead with this.

I do not know about leading but i can be vice captain at best maybe and be the part of the team if [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] wants me in his team i am happy being a vice captain or just even a player as the captain likes me to be

me as captain would result in penalties, fines and disaster as i hardly have knowledge on how to build a squad and give the platinium/gold/diamond contracts and cant be active or on time to submit the squads as it is Ramzan so at best can be VC or a player

It is up to the already appointed captains or new upcoming captains to include me in their teams if they like, i can be active as a player or vc , sorry but no captaincy please

I would like to captain a team ideally, though I don't mind playing as a vice captain or as a normal player. I am available if anybody wants to get in my team. I can decide the name with whosoever will be the vice skipper. If you want to captain then you can captain the team as well. I will be happy in any capacity.

I'd be very happy if any one of you would like to be the VC of Cerebral Assassins or join the team as a player.

Honestly you won’t get many active members for the 7th team. So it would boring for that team.

Plus that means everyday one team will not play a match.

I think with Deewana Mastana and Hadi we have the sixth team now. Batsman e Azaam or Geil can be VC of Mohan.

That way we can move ahead with this.

I agree. Let's get things rolling ASAP!

I am ready to be the vice captain of your team. Let's do this!

Excellent, thank you!
[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] I believe all 6 teams now have a captain and a VC. Can we please have the drafts now?

[MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION], would it be possible for you to put me and [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] in a private convo so that we can discuss our draft picks there?

[MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] so you taking a team named Pindi Boyz then with [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] as vice captain.

Let me know if you agree with this.

[MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] so you taking a team named Pindi Boyz then with [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] as vice captain.

Let me know if you agree with this.

He already confirmed this. He is captain of Pindi Boyz with Hadi as vice-captain :)

[MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION], would it be possible for you to put me and [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] in a private convo so that we can discuss our draft picks there?

bro can you not create a team thread in PPCL Forum and discuss? Please PM me to explain

If there are spots open for cheerleaders I would like to recommend some names. They are free at the moment since there is no IPL going on at the moment. :inti

If there are spots open for cheerleaders I would like to recommend some names. They are free at the moment since there is no IPL going on at the moment. :inti

[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] lots of positions open. I can already tell you will fit in very well with us as a Tiger :afridi

He already confirmed this. He is captain of Pindi Boyz with Hadi as vice-captain :)

Alright.
[MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] you can open your team thread and be active for the drafts.

We have 60+ sign-up. I think there will come 4-5 New sign-up after start of the league.
Good enough if we have to go ahead with 6 Teams which I think is a better option. 8 Teams may actually dilute the activity.

Full squads of 13-14, with 3 Intl players will be fine.

Back