Predict your semi-finalists for the ICC World Cup T20 2024

mominsaigol

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
With the T20 World Cup just 66 days away (a little over 2 months),

Who will be your semi-finalists for the World Cup?

You can also list the finalists and predict the winner as well.

What are Pakistan's chances of making it?

Last edited by a moderator:
My semi finalists

1) Australia
2) India
3) New Zealand
4) Afghanistan (I'm betting them as the dark horse)

I feel like teams will figure south Africa out, if they win the toss all of them will let SA chase. And England is kinda out of it.

South Africa (low key favs to win)
Australia
England
West Indies

Hoping to see an SA vs WI final.

India and Pak will have their moments but India are short a gun T20 pacer and Pak are short a gun middle order hitter to go toe to toe with the other big teams. On paper both are equal better than Windies but I think they'll be pipped by both WI and NZ

People really think Pakistan will reach semi's? Good luck, although its t20 so the chances are higher then odi.

Eng Aus WI SA

Ind doesn't deserve to be in the sf f they are taking washed up t20 players kohli rohit jaddu klrahul. They should be eliminated in the league stage itself so that these leeches are remoced for good and the younger talent takes over

Pak- dont see them in the sf as well playing outdated statpadding cricket.

I like the Afghanistan pick. But I think each of India, SA, Eng, NZ, and Aus will beat them. Unsure about the others. And from those, Aus, NZ, SA, and Eng reaching the semis.

I'm supporting Pak and have certain hopes and expectations but I won't jinx them

Very bold call. They'll have the most settled, explosive batting line up.

I actually have them as favourites to win the whole thing.
Australia is pretty average in t20. Last wc toss won it for them

One thing for sure there are no overwhelming favourites going into WC. Anybody in the top 7 can win it all

Aus Pros: Hitting power till #9 Cons: Aging pacers and inconsistent middle (Stoinis, Maxy)

Eng Pros: Terrific top 7 Cons: Bowlers except Rashid not banks. Will need a fit Topley.

Ind Pros: Versatile batting order with great mix of right/left and experienced T20 batters able to handle both flat and tired pitches. Cons: Will likely play 8-11 who have no hitting skill. Keeper is a lottery atm.

SA Pros: Extremely well balanced team with almost all players at prime. Cons: Almost none other than mental scars. Shamsi as a leggie is probably not in league of Zampa/Kuldeep/Rashids

WI - Pros: Unlimited hitting ability and promising bowling attack. Cons: Weak against quality wrist spin, experienced players may be over the hill

Pak: Pros: Varied and skilful bowling attack and good batting capability against spin. Cons: Average fielding and middle order vulnerable.

NZ : Pros: Strong middle order with exciting and varied styles (Mitchell, Philips). Cons: Boult and Southee seem off boil and thus bowling vulnerable.

If anything , England look average just like they looked average in the 50 over World Cup.

I'm going to make a very bold prediction so I'm hope I'm right.

Match 1: USA vs Canada: Winner Canada.

Match 2: WI vs PNG: Winner West Indies

Match 3: Namibia vs Oman: Winner Oman

Match 4: Sri lanka vs South Africa: Winner South Africa

Match 5: Afghanistan vs Uganada: Winner Afghanistan

Match 6: England vs Scotland: Winner England

Match 7: Nedtherlands vs Nepal: Winner Nedtherlands

Match 8: India vs Ireland: Winner Ireland

Match 9: PNG vs Uganada: Winner: Uganada

Match 10: Australia vs Oman: Winner Australia

Match 11: USA vs Pakistan: Winner Pakistan

Match 12: Namibia vs Scotland: Winner Scotland

Match 13: Canada vs Ireland: Winner Ireland

Match 14: Afghanistan vs NZ: Winner NZ

Match 15: Bangaldesh vs Sri lanka: Winner Sri Lanka

Match 16: Nedtherlands vs South Africa : Winner South Africa (Don't think Nedtherlands is completing the 3-0)

Match 17: Australia vs England: Winner Australia

Match 18: West Indies vs Uganada: Winner West Indies

Match 19: India vs Pakistan: Winner India

Match 20: Oman vs Scotland: Winner Scotland

Match 21: Bangaldesh vs South Africa: Winner SA

Match 22: Canada vs Pakistan: Winner Pakistan

Match 23: Nepal vs Sri Lanka: Winner Sri Lanka

Match 24: Australia vs Nambia: Winner Australia

Match 25: USA vs India: Winner India

Match 26: West Indies vs New Zealand: Winner New Zealand

Match 27: Bangaldesh vs Nedtherlands: Winner Nedtherlands

Match 28: England vs Oman: Winner England

Match 29: Afghanistan vs PNG: Winner Afghanistan

Match 30: USA vs Ireland: Winner Ireland

Match 31: Nepal vs SA: Winner SA

Match 32: New Zealand vs Uganada: Winner NZ

Match 33: Canada vs India: Winner India

Match 34: England vs Nambia: winner Eng

Match 35: Australia vs Scotland: Winner Aus

Match 36: Ireland vs Pakistan:Winner Pakistan

Match 37: Bangladesh vs Nepal Winner Bangaldesh

Match 38: Nedtherlands vs Sri Lanka: Winner Sri Lanka

Match 39: NZ vs PNG: MZ

Match 40: West Indies vs Afghanistan: Afghanistan

End of Group table:

Group A: Qualify: India and Pakistan

India: 8 points
Pakistan: 6 points

Group B: Qualify: Australia and England

Australia: 8 points
England: 6 points

Group C: New Zealand and Afghanistan

New Zealand: 8 points
Afghanistan 6 points

Group D: Sri lanka and South Africa

South Africa: 8 points
Sri lanka: 6 points.

Super 8

Match 41: Pakistan vs South Africa: Winner Pakistan

Match 42: Australia vs Afghanistan: Winner Australia

Match 43: New Zealand vs India: Winner India

Match 44: England vs Sri Lanka: Winner England

Match 45: Australia vs South Africa: Winner Australia

Match 46: Pakistan vs Afghanistan: Winner Afghanistan

Match 47: India vs Sri Lanka: Winner India

Match 48: New Zealand vs England: Winner New Zealand

Match 49: Pakistan vs Australia: Winner Australia

Match 50: Afghanistan vs South Africa: Winner Afghanistan

Match 51: England vs India: Winner India

Match 52: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka: Winner New Zealand

Group 8 semi finalists

India, Australia, New Zealand, Afghanistan

Semi final 1

Match 1: India Vs Australia: Australia wins

Match 2: New Zealand vs Afghanistan: New Zealand wins

Final

Australia vs NZ: Australia wins

So you think India is going to loose their game against Ireland. Are you sure about this one? Not happening brother,

Afghanistan? Nay
Sorry, I meant India.

Ahhhh typo. If you check my group stages end result I've given India maximum points.

Ahhh I can't even edit it anymore. Stupid autocorrect.

So you think India is going to loose their game against Ireland. Are you sure about this one? Not happening brother,

Afghanistan? Nay
The Afghanistan one isn't a typo, that one I believe, I'm not making sage decisions. I like the challenge, I wanna make risky decisions amd I'm betting Afghanistan as the dark horse

The Afghanistan one isn't a typo, that one I believe, I'm not making sage decisions. I like the challenge, I wanna make risky decisions amd I'm betting Afghanistan as the dark horse
Afghanistan maybe the dark horse but I don't think they can make it to semis. Yes, maybe 1 or 2 big wins against any big team but semis is too much.

Afghanistan maybe the dark horse but I don't think they can make it to semis. Yes, maybe 1 or 2 big wins against any big team but semis is too much.
That's fair, I just made a risky gamble.

I thought its better then to make the safe decision which would he South Africa or England.

I've already predicted Australia, India and NZ, the 4th one should be a risky gamble. But again I'm just going by predictions and feelings my dude.

But if this does happen, then please make sure to comeback and quote me this prediction in June XD.

Very bold call. They'll have the most settled, explosive batting line up.

I actually have them as favourites to win the whole thing.
Well what I believe is there peak in t20i was in 2021 and 22, that is gone now. Their bowlers are expensive. Don't let the last ipl match of Cummins fool you, wait for some more matches you will see how much expensive he is. Starc Hazelwood are not that good now. There winning right now depends on their two match winners head and Maxwell.
Thats it. Thats why I believe.India will be the first name on semi finalists list South Africa 2nd England 3rd Newzealand/Pakistan 4th

Naw, I'm on team Australia as always.
I love Australia too and infact almost every kid from 90,s 2000,s used to have Australia as their 2nd favorite team.
But it is what it is. Their peak in t20i is over and it will take them good 4 5 years to hit that Australia kinda peak again.

I love Australia too and infact almost every kid from 90,s 2000,s used to have Australia as their 2nd favorite team.
But it is what it is. Their peak in t20i is over and it will take them good 4 5 years to hit that Australia kinda peak again.
No I've always supported Australian team cause I'm a resident of Australia and I love Australian culture that's why.

I also their cricket more since their fans support their team 24/7, whereas pakistani fans just argue with one another 24/7.

Australian fans are as gelled and united as their team is while pakistani fans are as divided as their team is.

As Jinnah said "Their is no power on this earth that can undo Pakistan "

Which I agree with since pakistan has been undoing itself for nearly 50 years now.

Pakistan will sneak in, courtesy of some other upset. We will wait for 5-7 days to let the other results match our way, hopelessly in love with the team that helps us reach semis.

Will beat NZ in semi final and get massacred in final.

So Pak, NZ are certain.

I would bet on Aus vs India on the other semi final which could go anyway.

Pakistan will sneak in, courtesy of some other upset. We will wait for 5-7 days to let the other results match our way, hopelessly in love with the team that helps us reach semis.

Will beat NZ in semi final and get massacred in final.

So Pak, NZ are certain.

I would bet on Aus vs India on the other semi final which could go anyway.
Tbh I think this world cup thr kudrat ki nizam will run out. Just like how sa always losing to Nedtherlands curse will run out.

No I've always supported Australian team cause I'm a resident of Australia and I love Australian culture that's why.

I also their cricket more since their fans support their team 24/7, whereas pakistani fans just argue with one another 24/7.

Australian fans are as gelled and united as their team is while pakistani fans are as divided as their team is.

As Jinnah said "Their is no power on this earth that can undo Pakistan "

Which I agree with since pakistan has been undoing itself for nearly 50 years now.
I agree with you on this.
But when Pakistan team was united during babar time everyone started complaining Bhai chara should not be appreciated in this team. Tbh team was not performing upto the mark but their was unity, players were not fighting with each other, only two person created that mess and those were unsurprisingly our two legends imad and Aamir. So yes what I have learnt is team can gel and be united, problem is Pakistani fans we ourselves don't know what do we want from the team. If something is working we try to break it. If someone is not performing for a long time, His mantra is simple let him be away from a team for a year and fans will start calling his name.
Every team has their own strength and their own weakness. We think we can create our own Australia or England team by introducing some x factor players. It doesn't work like that.

I agree with you on this.
But when Pakistan team was united during babar time everyone started complaining Bhai chara should not be appreciated in this team. Tbh team was not performing upto the mark but their was unity, players were not fighting with each other, only two person created that mess and those were unsurprisingly our two legends imad and Aamir. So yes what I have learnt is team can gel and be united, problem is Pakistani fans we ourselves don't know what do we want from the team. If something is working we try to break it. If someone is not performing for a long time, His mantra is simple let him be away from a team for a year and fans will start calling his name.
Every team has their own strength and their own weakness. We think we can create our own Australia or England team by introducing some x factor players. It doesn't work like that.
Our team was gelled in 1992 all the way uptill 2011.

Then misbah came and it became a mess. Players like sami aslam left for USA because as soon as he made his debut scoring an impressive 49 of 49 which was far > Shehzad and jamshed at the time who couldn't even score single digits, but was dropped for no reason.

Same was the case with fawad alam, despite being pur best batsmen via stats and form amd asai cup performances in 2014, YK stole his place by just complaining and doing nonsense and misbah was too timid to do anything.

We were once again unitied under sarfraz in 2017 but after wards even he started doing shady things like going out of hid way to not include rizwan and abid. And this is coming from someone who now hates rizwan for his drama bazi, but I am not biased or blinded by hate, Sarfraz wasn't being fair inn2018 and 2019.

Under babar however we were NOT UNITED. In the asia cup babar threw zaman khan under the bus for not performing in the match he was brought up in, he outright blamed him on media but for shadab and nawaz who the jokes of the tournament he went out of his way to call him his best bowlers.

He also let rizwan make demands and do whatever rizwan wanted and he went out of his way to claim that someone like saim isn't in the world cup squad because he's too inexperienced yet Abdullah who only has played 7 List A games got selected cause babar was just in love with his technique.

During iK and all the way upto afridi's era we the board had control over the team and made it clear they must play for the crest on their chest. AFRIDI is a hard a@s yet in 2011 the committee had a firm hold on him so that he can make a proper team.

However since the misbah era, Pur biggest fault is giving our captains like Misbah, sarfraz, Babar waybtoo much power and the ability to do whatever they want which creates conflict of interest.

It also doesn't help that Shan masood has more power then them as his father literally called babar and told him that shan must play and Bobby needs to lie to the media and claim imam or fakhar is injured to accommodate him in some matches.

We weren't united by any means. I'm not saying it's 100% babar's fault, he's only 20% to blame, it's also pur committee when they make demands like having shan in, or saya corps interference in player selections etc.

A lot of people underestimating West Indies in this format .

They are playing at home and they are pretty strong in home conditions.

Well what I believe is there peak in t20i was in 2021 and 22, that is gone now. Their bowlers are expensive. Don't let the last ipl match of Cummins fool you, wait for some more matches you will see how much expensive he is. Starc Hazelwood are not that good now. There winning right now depends on their two match winners head and Maxwell.
Thats it. Thats why I believe.India will be the first name on semi finalists list South Africa 2nd England 3rd Newzealand/Pakistan 4th

All depends on the selections from each team. I wouldn't be too confident of India or even South Africa

The SA 20 has consistently shown that their best players , especially batters, are all white.

But they have transformation targets to consider so they can't play their best XI all the time.

India is a side with an ageing core and we play players based on their records in other formats and for "experience" etc.

The Aussies have a crystal clear idea of who they are going to play and with a lineup that has Travis Head, Tim David, Maxwell, Marsh, Warner etc. , there's a lot of big hitting there.

And that bowling attack can do a job.

Ind Pros: Versatile batting order with great mix of right/left and experienced T20 batters able to handle both flat and tired pitches. Cons: Will likely play 8-11 who have no hitting skill.

Lol 8-11 not having hitting skill is not where game is lost or won in T20s.

India's problem is 2-3 in top 4 not having skill, intent and form to play the way T20 ought to be played. A longstanding weakness.

INdia will go there under-prepared as a team. We are not a good T20 side. We lack a few ingredients to be successful in thsi format.

I'd say this though - as bad as India are with Kohli and Rohit and Jadeja in it, they are still good enough to make semis. That's guaranteed.

Every team was winning because of toss.

They are not an average T20 side.
They are extremely average.

That's why it took them over 20 years to win a t20 wc.

That too cause of toss.

Odi they are kings. That's their game.
T20 they are nothing.

I'm talking about their current T20 side. The sides they had in the past are irrelevant to the discussion today.

A lot of people underestimating West Indies in this format .

They are playing at home and they are pretty strong in home conditions.
2016 won't happen again, that side was far far stronger as it was filled with west Indian IPL superstars.

Current team at best makes it to super 8 and then Australia, NZ, SA deal with them.

South africa
India
new Zealand
Pakistan

thats my offical prediction

india to get destroyed in semis by whoever they face as we will see old washed up players now anyway.

It's between the other 3.

I feel nz will take it this time.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a repeat of the ODI WC semifinalists:

AUS
SAF
IND
NZL

I'm talking about their current T20 side. The sides they had in the past are irrelevant to the discussion today.
Still a rubbish side. Even india beat them often in t20 and india is a mediocre t20 team.

Pakistan's qualification for semis will be harder because they are likely to have Australia , South Africa and one of West Indies/NZ in their group.

Especially after their inevitable loss against India in the group stage

That too cause of toss.

Odi they are kings. That's their game.
T20 they are nothing.
They are not king in odi either.

NZ, South africa( While batting first) and India are far far stronger then Australia atm.

But Australia wins cause their the only team that knows how to play tournaments.

They don't take much pressure, always have the belief to win and fight till the end even during stressful circumstances, nor do they let fear overcome them which often times you've seen great sides like India chocking during finals or semi final, or even England getting lucky in 2019 and completly flunking and playing defensively, they got lucky with defelction.

Even on 2015, NZ didn't lose a single game until the reached the final, but Australia cremated them.

On top of that many of their players are still one hit match winners. Warner, Travis head, Maxwell, heck even Matthew wade cam single handidely win games for you.

Before 2021 wc you'd have claimed Australia had no chance lol. You said the same for Australia in 2023 and yet voila.

Their the one team you never underestimate.

Pakistan's qualification for semis will be harder because they are likely to have Australia , South Africa and one of West Indies/NZ in their group.

Especially after their inevitable loss against India in the group stage
Nz are bunnies
Sa bunnies

India will be a loss as usual for the boys in green or would it ? Amir is back. 152 /0 on the cards again.

Against Australia it's a loss in all formats for the boys in green I agree.

They are not king in odi either.

NZ, South africa( While batting first) and India are far far stronger then Australia atm.

But Australia wins cause their the only team that knows how to play tournaments.

They don't take much pressure, always have the belief to win and fight till the end even during stressful circumstances, nor do they let fear overcome them which often times you've seen great sides like India chocking during finals or semi final, or even England getting lucky in 2019 and completly flunking and playing defensively, they got lucky with defelction.

Even on 2015, NZ didn't lose a single game until the reached the final, but Australia cremated them.

On top of that many of their players are still one hit match winners. Warner, Travis head, Maxwell, heck even Matthew wade cam single handidely win games for you.

Before 2021 wc you'd have claimed Australia had no chance lol. You said the same for Australia in 2023 and yet voila.

Their the one team you never underestimate.
Yes one off ko games no one beats Aussies. They just know how to excel there. They are very beatable in a series and definitely in a test series atleast away from home.

At their home they are hard to beat but not unbeatable.

Yes one off ko games no one beats Aussies. They just know how to excel there. They are very beatable in a series and definitely in a test series atleast away from home.

At their home they are hard to beat but not unbeatable.
Again don't know what the point is when its a tournament, and that's where they shine?

Especially considering the fact that its any stage before Group 8 is pie for them, and many games they'll play during group 8 will be a cake walk for them. Unless a miracle happens, their not going to lose to Pakistan or NZ or England during group 8.

Their semi final spot is confirmed, that much I'll tell you.

After that we'll see. Biggest obstacle is India and sa if they bat first. If Australia win the toss they'll just bowl first and get rid of sa that way.

They will be the dark horse alright. They will do so well that they will finish third in their group and bomb out lol. They just don't have quality pacers.

They will be the dark horse alright. They will do so well that they will finish third in their group and bomb out lol. They just don't have quality pacers.
They'll reach super 8's, their group is pretty easy, but super 8's will be tough.

But in seriousness, my understand is that we can expect the pitches to be low and slow?

So I would expect teams with good spinners to perform well.

It’s really hard to predict because England will be wanting to put in a good person be after a difficult 2023 WC. India of course has great spinners. New Zealand are always competitive in tournaments, etc

But in seriousness, my understand is that we can expect the pitches to be low and slow?

So I would expect teams with good spinners to perform well.

It’s really hard to predict because England will be wanting to put in a good person be after a difficult 2023 WC. India of course has great spinners. New Zealand are always competitive in tournaments, etc
Pitch being low and slow means Australia have the advantage.

It's a myth they suck on slow pitches. They literally beat a near unbeatable team simply cause they played on rank turners in the final.

Australia's test form shines through on slow pitches, historically their batsmen have been beasts on slow pitches more often then not beginning from the bradman era where he use to score 100's to damp, unprepared pitches to dennis lillie being a goat on slow pitches all the way to the modern era.

Hope so but can't see it with the mess our team is in
I think a couple things in our favor is that some of our players have good experience in the CPL.

Saim Ayub was the 2nd highest scorer last year and Imad Wasim was 3rd. Amir was the 3rd highest wicket taker and Imad was the 7th.

Of course international cricket is a whole other ball game, but maybe some of the experience will come in handy.

I really think the inclusion of Saim Ayub could be something that dramatically changes our team. If Shaheen gets his form back and Naseem returns to T20 as well, and Usama Mir bowls like he did in PSL, se could be deadly.

I think a couple things in our favor is that some of our players have good experience in the CPL.

Saim Ayub was the 2nd highest scorer last year and Imad Wasim was 3rd. Amir was the 3rd highest wicket taker and Imad was the 7th.

Of course international cricket is a whole other ball game, but maybe some of the experience will come in handy.

I really think the inclusion of Saim Ayub could be something that dramatically changes our team. If Shaheen gets his form back and Naseem returns to T20 as well, and Usama Mir bowls like he did in PSL, se could be deadly.
Won't happen, unless kudrat ki nazam strikes which happened in 2022 amd 2017 ironically ad well as against NZ in 2023,

NZ team is filled with IPL and cpl superstars, And Indian pitches are varied with many if them being slow pitches such as chennai. Australia also has great experience playing on slow pitches. Sa and England can struggle though.

Regardless Pakistani bowlers are virtual run machines, you better hope for abrar magic, otherwise rachin or any other bat will eat pur players for breakfast.

They have far more experience playing, CPL also isn't the quality landmark for bowlers either.

Back