Prince William: Young royals 'will definitely be exposed' to homelessness

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The Prince of Wales has said his children "will definitely be exposed" to homelessness as he prepares to launch a new project on the issue.

In a Sunday Times interview, Prince William revealed he wanted them to know "some of us need a helping hand".

The prince said he has been thinking about the right time to take them to a homeless shelter, like his mother Princess Diana did with him aged 11.

He is set to launch a new five-year project tackling the issue this month.

The interview comes as a new portrait of the Prince pictured smiling with his three children has been released by Kensington Palace to mark Father's Day.

In his first newspaper interview as Prince of Wales, he told the Sunday Times he had spoke to his children, Prince George, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte, during the school run about people they could see sitting outside supermarkets.

He said: "When I left this morning, one of the things I was thinking was when is the right time to bring George or Charlotte or Louis to a homeless organisation?'

"I think when I can balance it with their schooling, they will definitely be exposed to it. On the school run, we talk about what we see.

"When we were in London, driving backwards and forwards, we regularly used to see people sitting outside supermarkets and we'd talk about it.

"I'd say to the children, 'Why are they there? What's going on?' I think it's in all our interests, it's the right thing to do, to expose the children, at the right stage in the right dialogue, so they have an understanding," he explained.

"They [will] grow up knowing that actually, do you know what, some of us are very fortunate, some of us need a little bit of a helping hand, some of us need to do a bit more where we can to help others improve their lives."

BBC

I know he means well but will not be appreciated.

How can anyone 'experience' homelessness?

"They [will] grow up knowing that actually, do you know what, some of us are very fortunate, some of us need a little bit of a helping hand, some of us need to do a bit more where we can to help others improve their lives."

BBC

Is he talking about the Royals when he talks about “some of us need a little bit of a helping hand”??

I know he means well but will not be appreciated.

How can anyone 'experience' homelessness?

Watch it on YouTube I guess! Perhaps one day a month media appearance in a soup kitchen or hand out baked beans in a food bank.

The Queen never spoke or released a statement unless required, very measured with her words. Looks like that art was lost with her demise.

Back