Pro Bats

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post pictures of professional players bat which you like or interests you.

Thanks

Puma, Craig Kieswetter.

craig-kieswetter_2322271.jpg

And here are Broad bats and shirts for Ashes

Attachments

• Broad.jpg
    Broad.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,173
124113.jpg

Look at all the pulls down the front of his shirt. Hope he's got a new one at the Gabba or he'll look a bit unkempt in HD.

SS, I believe this is one of his shirts. I think players are only give two shirts for Ashes as we can see that from Broad's stuff.

Amir Bhai, now those bat look more like 'cloth washin bats' rathe than cricket bats

124113.jpg

Look at all the pulls down the front of his shirt. Hope he's got a new one at the Gabba or he'll look a bit unkempt in HD.

Ohhh now this bat is making me greedy as hell, can we get any idea of the cost for this model ??

Around £310. But don't fall for the grains. It's not necessary to get similar grains of you buy a Legend.

The best grains I have seen in real life has to be cricketer13 bhai's MB LE. It doesn't have as many grains as Strauss Legend but they are ruler straight and evenly spaced. I believe there are around 14 grains on that MB but they are very good grains.

Majid Bhai, which bats did you own which had similar grains to Strauss Legend?

The best grains I have seen in real life has to be cricketer13 bhai's MB LE. It doesn't have as many grains as Strauss Legend but they are ruler straight and evenly spaced. I believe there are around 14 grains on that MB but they are very good grains.

Majid Bhai, which bats did you own which had similar grains to Strauss Legend?

I had a few bats with similar grains, AS v3, CA Plus 10k, CA plus 5k and a AJ Sultan with around 14-18 grains on each.

Around £310. But don't fall for the grains. It's not necessary to get similar grains of you buy a Legend.

I am not spending that much :D but the search is still on I will buy an English bat for next seasons :D.

Sounds fair. Found anything interesting lately? Smaller brands compare to GN, GM etc like Newbery, Salix etc don't they impress you?

cloth with bit of white spirit would have easily removed the old sticker marks.

Last edited:
CD - notice anything about this bat.......

Attachments

• 124525.jpg
    124525.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,142
Yes, I posted it elsewhere a day ago :D:D:D

Yes, bat maker looks quite familiar, doesn't it?

Have a close look at the stickers and you will notice it doesn't say 'Inferno 950' anywhere. I read the other day that when it is not your own bat companies don't put such stickers on the bat. Looks like it all make sense now :)

Are you suggesting this is Tim K's product because of that tiny sticker? I thought Gayle's bats were made down under, on a small island :)

That bat of Gayle's has Newberry "Hammer Edge"
Only looks like a 7 or 8 grainer. Has anyone got a profile shot?

Are you suggesting this is Tim K's product because of that tiny sticker? I thought Gayle's bats were made down under, on a small island :)

ive heard both theories actually. on that small island and also at tim k's shop.

As ca_gold bhai said to me it doesn't look like Ihsan bat either. I mean if this bat was sent out to Gayle from Ihsan wouldn't they use proper stickers?

Also looking at the craftsmanship it looks a lot like a Newbery bat as well (at least to me it does).

Yes, I have heard that as well.

The bat Gayle used to score 333 is a genuine Ihsan bat. You can see IHSAN burnt in on the sides.

The bat Gayle used to score 333 is a genuine Ihsan bat. You can see IHSAN burnt in on the sides.

Nah I doubt it.

By following your analogy will you say Azhar Ali uses genuine Ihsan gloves although it says Ihsan everywhere?

I have heard Ali and Salman Butt both use Newbery bats as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got it wrong again. Gayle actually does use Genuine IHSAN bats. Email Ihsan sports now and they will tell you he uses real Ihsan and they will have full proof aswell. I hope IHSAN name a bat after Gayle's triple hundred and call it IHSAN GAYLE FORCE 333 or 300.

Last edited:
You got it wrong again. Gayle actually does use Genuine IHSAN bats. Email Ihsan sports now and they will tell you he uses real Ihsan and they will have full proof aswell. I hope IHSAN name a bat after Gayle's triple hundred and call it IHSAN GAYLE FORCE 333 or 300.

Have a look at the pics properly bro, that is definately 100% a newbery bat mr gayle is using, you can see the newbery sticker on the side which has been taped over and the orange grip is also a giveaway..

lol dont bother goggy. ihsan may come after you with a law suit for claiming Gayle is not using one of their bats - according to some of the kids on this forum.

anyhow that is a fantastic looking bat.

Have a look at the pics properly bro, that is definately 100% a newbery bat mr gayle is using, you can see the newbery sticker on the side which has been taped over and the orange grip is also a giveaway..
Its an Ihsan side sticker without the bats model name(lynx) printed on it. The bat does have a hammer edge sheet(hammer edge sheets can be applied to any bat not just newbery) thesedays lot of players use them like Sachin Tendulkar, Bhaji, Yuvi, B Mcullum and few other indian & Kiwi players use em.
P1020729.jpg

Last edited:

How could an orange grip tell you that it's a Newbery? That's like saying Graeme Smith used a Newbery in 2008 because his GM Hero was orange.

More to the point, that grip's red on my monitor.

So it must be an old Slazenger V100 stickered up ¬_¬

Last edited:
Image0361.jpg

Image0362.jpg

look at the damage on J. Trotts GM bat after he scores a 100 with it.

Last edited:
The theory is that if you practise your strokes with a heavier bat, you'll have no trouble with your standard bat.

Doesn't it also improve your bat speed in the games ? Hence many pro use a heavy bat in the nets.

If this beast is 3lbs then it is really really bit for its weight

Exactly - helps bat speed and bringing the bat down straight in matches.

Some players practice with 2 bats also.

Exactly - helps bat speed and bringing the bat down straight in matches.

Some players practice with 2 bats also.
For instance, Misbah Ul Haq;

125743.jpg

If they just want to improve bat speed why not use one massive bat like Colly ?

This is pretty common when you don't have one massive bat purposemade for practice.

By having a close look at the handle (top) they look like CA. The handle on the bottom one is pretty much exactly like my CA 12000 Plus.

Did Bradman practice with 2 bats?....if no then you don't need to do this.

Batting is simple, those who complicate it, fail at it.

Knowing proper batting technique is easy, putting it into practice separates the good from the bad.

if misbah finds it more comfortable to bat with two bats, then let him! it's his choice, and I bet he has a better argument of using two bats in the nets then people criticizing him here. It's training and if he feels he gets more out of the training by using two bats, then let him use two bats, and stop being smart-*****

Did Bradman practice with 2 bats?....if no then you don't need to do this.

Batting is simple, those who complicate it, fail at it.

Knowing proper batting technique is easy, putting it into practice separates the good from the bad.

Bradman lifted his bat with it pointing towards gully, should we all do that then?

Using a heavy bat in the nets to build more muscle power is pretty common, but what I don't understand is that how such an uncomfortable grip (when holding two bats together) will help u in any way? Matter of fact you might disbalance some ability to control and maneuver the bat when switching back to one handle. Oh well,,,, whatever helps float his boat.

Last edited:
I don't think he's actually hitting throwdowns. Looks like he is just practicing his backlift and plausibly the followthrough. This is pretty common practice to improve bat speed. Sprinters do something similar as well. They tie a heavy object to themselves (e.g. truck tire) and then drag it along while running. When the tire comes off, you feel like you're flying ;) Same principle here. Don't understand what's so controversial about it...

I don't think he's actually hitting throwdowns. Looks like he is just practicing his backlift and plausibly the followthrough. This is pretty common practice to improve bat speed. Sprinters do something similar as well. They tie a heavy object to themselves (e.g. truck tire) and then drag it along while running. When the tire comes off, you feel like you're flying ;) Same principle here. Don't understand what's so controversial about it...

This is exactly what I am saying. I was only curious about how this awkward grip of holding two bats together will improve anything?
Just like Akhtar drags a tire, there is special equipment available which is more like a sleeve with pockets at the back to add desireable amount of weight to you cricket bat and improve bat speed, or batsmen simply use a heavier bat in the nets, just like Paul Collingwood. In both cases, the bat's cylindric shape handle and it's circumference is not altered with.
Well ,,, let's hope Misbah's ploy of holding a pair of bats bring him double centuries and not a pair of golden ducks.

Agreed with SalmanK Bhai.

If he was practicing it against any bowler then you would see him practicing on a pitch rather than grass and there would have been stumps as well.

I was just holding two of my bats like Misbah (yesterday) and it is quite easy to hold two handles at once.

125886.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar bats. Not the max grainer like Strauss but interesting to see how many pro such as Sachin, Azhar, Butt, Afridi etc have bats which have grains from 8-11 mark.

I guess main focus lies down to pressing and how they are pressed rather (and will perform) than grains.

Look quite meaty sticks though.

One can also see the difference in shade. That shade tells us that it had a Gray Nicolls strap type thinge.

No different shades tell us that the handle is multi-piece (most likely to be 12 pieces of canes joint together).

Last edited:
You know how Gray Nicolls bats have a small tag stuck onto the handle? I'm talking about that...

Yes I know what you mean, my GN bat also had that ribbon thing but in this case the handle is made from different shades of canes & I saw a more clear picture of the handle on my HD Tv. This is what a multi-piece handle is, its easier 2 tell if canes are slightly different shades like this one but on most bats all the small pieces of cane are same shade so not many people notice or know what multi piece cane handle.
If you look closely at your bats handles you will see some of your bats have 8, 9 or 12 pieces.

Sorry I don't know much about handles but why is this shape perpendicular to those rubber strips?

CD bhai,
Maybe now if you reread my explanation about handles, you might finally understand :D

Btw, Majid bhai is exactly right. Nothing to do with the ribbon.

anyone notice that asad shafiq is playing with a V3 instead a V10? a bit strange to see a pro opt for lesser quality willow!

Really?! :O I thought it was V10! Strange as Wahab is using V10 and he a proper batsman is using V3

He hasnt really bothered updating stickers on his old AS bats.
126867.jpg

Last edited:
Majority of the players thesedays use something between 2.7 to 2.10 lbs so would say something between that.

I have heard Chris Gayle uses something around 3 lbs, Sachin uses something around 2.13ish.

I was watching the highlights again today and noticed Brendon McCullum's Puma calibre bat only had 2 springs in the handle.

Back