Pro Bats

JazakAllah Khair, Majid Bhai I was looking for a picture of Taufeeq's bat. Someone told me it had a lot of grains so I was looking for them. In summer when I went to camp in NCA he used a plain bat and it was a different one compare to this one.

Hmm, he was using V10 stickers in England ...

Yaar these players don't have one bat like us poor guys, they have like 5-10 bats in there kit bag.

i guess he REALLY likes this bat!

He has scored 16 centuries with this bat and here is a thread I made a while ago;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=109125

Image0650.jpg
Image0651.jpg

I have seen off the shelf Puma bats with 2 spring handles but this is 1st time I've seen a International player using a bat with 2 spring handle. I have also heard Yuvraj uses a bat with 2 spring but not 100% sure if that's true.
I have used couple of bats with 2 spring handle, CA style and very old CA Hyhit lowest grade EW very good bat one of my best.

Last edited:
JazakAllah Khair for the pictures Majid Bhai.

What difference does it make to use a 2 springs one or 3 springs one?

Mujhe zayada technical pata nahin lekin when I used a bat with 2 spring handle it didnt make much difference and didnot notice I was batting with 2 or 3 spring handle. Someone else hopefully will explain more better then me inshallah.

3 springs will give more flex to the handle than 2...so 2 spring one shud be slightly stiffer...at our level u wont feel much difference whatsoever.

3 springs will give more flex to the handle than 2...so 2 spring one shud be slightly stiffer...at our level u wont feel much difference whatsoever.

Ditto... except 3 spring might have less vibration as well, so you might feel a little bit of difference :afridi

SalmanK Bhai, when do we exactly know of the flex? I mean is it when we get impact, or when we hit the bat on the ground etc

Also does it mean more springs/rubber = strong and better handle?

more springs will mean lesser vibration...
lesser springs will mean a stiffer handle....

there is no better or worse handle in that...but mostly all bats come with 3 springs....so better to go with that as there will be less vibration (lesser 'shock' feel when u hit the ball)

JazakAllah Khair, Majid Bhai I was looking for a picture of Taufeeq's bat. Someone told me it had a lot of grains so I was looking for them. In summer when I went to camp in NCA he used a plain bat and it was a different one compare to this one.

Yaar these players don't have one bat like us poor guys, they have like 5-10 bats in there kit bag.

He has scored 16 centuries with this bat and here is a thread I made a while ago;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=109125

Every time I saw him hitting a big score, I would think is that the same bat? But I never got such a close up picture of that bat.

Looks finished, but I bet it still plays well, all you need is decent ping. I have played with a couple of very poor looking bats that played unbelievably. The thing with these bats is they play great right up until they break. Most recently it was on an MRF, all of a sudden it split into 3 pieces.

Is that the bat he made 200 in ODI?

Every time I saw him hitting a big score, I would think is that the same bat? But I never got such a close up picture of that bat.

Looks finished, but I bet it still plays well, all you need is decent ping. I have played with a couple of very poor looking bats that played unbelievably. The thing with these bats is they play great right up until they break. Most recently it was on an MRF, all of a sudden it split into 3 pieces.

Is that the bat he made 200 in ODI?

Spot on mate! As long it "pings" well you are good to go.

I agree, I have GN Powerbow 3 Star and it has 4 grains and it is not the prettiest around but trust me mate it goes like a train and I always say its my best performance bat as it goes very well!

Yes, this bat is the same one he made 200 with in ODI.

I saw a CA PLUS 1000 bat today, one of my frnds had it and the bat originally belonged to Usman Afzaal(former England test player). That 2 had similar grains but it was lot more used then this. I might use that in the nets on sunday if my frnd lets me.

You got it wrong again. Gayle actually does use Genuine IHSAN bats. Email Ihsan sports now and they will tell you he uses real Ihsan and they will have full proof aswell. I hope IHSAN name a bat after Gayle's triple hundred and call it IHSAN GAYLE FORCE 333 or 300.

from this months wisden monthly:

"Several internationals such as Sangakarra, Gayle and Tendulkar use Newbery bats but with the stickers of their sponsors. "People don't realise how how many players actually use our bats," Lenham says. "Sachin actually comes down here and Tim makes them in front of him. Gayle scored 333 with one of our bats - we know this because he left the 'Hammer Edge' sheet on."

Told ya Rehan Bhai :D

Can you post the full article? Also does it says anything else about player bats

Toh kya hua ke He used a newbery bat once. Its no big deal its not like IHSAN are not good enough to make bats for international players. Ihsan's of the shelf bats are used by players in South Africa and most of the Zimbabwe team use Ihsan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys calm down, PakPassion is not a place where you can exchange heated arguments regarding one brand or another nor PakPassion is to promote a brand be it a Pakistani or Indian or English.

Thanks

I'm sure it's common practise in sport for that kind of thing to happen. A fair number of tennis players don't use retail models of the racquets they're supposed to be endorsing either.

A lot of pro's do use there sponsor bats. For example, last night I was speaking with Mohammad Yousuf and I asked him whose bats he use and he said they are Gray Nicolls and when I asked where are they made he said Australia so a lot of pros do use sponsor brand bats.

Thats true. I spoke to Mohammed Yousuf's look like Bilal Shafayat(Notts, Eng u-19 cap) and he also told me that he used Genuine Gray Nicolls bats.

Yes I did last season. I had it for couple of months, used it in the nets and 1 or 2 matches and then gave it away to a team mate.

As ca_gold bhai said to me it doesn't look like Ihsan bat either. I mean if this bat was sent out to Gayle from Ihsan wouldn't they use proper stickers?

Also looking at the craftsmanship it looks a lot like a Newbery bat as well (at least to me it does).

Yes, I have heard that as well.

Gayle uses lynx and i can tell you that lynx is written with a very light colors so probably that is why you do not see anything written on it.

Gayle uses lynx and i can tell you that lynx is written with a very light colors so probably that is why you do not see anything written on it.

Yaar Armie Bhai in Wisden booklet it also said that Sangakarra, Gayle (okne with he scored a triple century with)and Tendulkar(one withhe scored a double century) used Newbery bats

Another pro bat which doesn't have max grains;

127606.jpg

When he was a u-19 player he used BDM bats and kit. His bubber sher has a bdm grip. Sachin also use to have this grip on his MRF bats. These bubber sher gloves looked very nice on TV. I would get them if they had normal sheep or calf leather like shahzad and not black fake pittard.
Uzair have you seen the boomboomcricket site recently. they have a new range for 2011 which looks better and the bats and softs dont look pakistani made.

When he was a u-19 player he used BDM bats and kit. His bubber sher has a bdm grip. Sachin also use to have this grip on his MRF bats. These bubber sher gloves looked very nice on TV. I would get them if they had normal sheep or calf leather like shahzad and not black fake pittard.
Uzair have you seen the boomboomcricket site recently. they have a new range for 2011 which looks better and the bats and softs dont look pakistani made.

Majid Bhai,

I was talking to MB Malik owner and he told me that Ahmed Shahzed picked up few Bubber Shers and the palm on Ahmed Shahzad gloves are pittard as well but in white.

No, let me see there website.

Yeah okay I did not mean that he wasnt using real bubber shers. I was just telling an old story abt him, his bdm days and bdm grips etc. I was also into this type of grips and had abt 7/8 of them fitted on my bats.

Yeah okay I did not mean that he wasnt using real bubber shers. I was just telling an old story abt him, his bdm days and bdm grips etc. I was also into this type of grips and had abt 7/8 of them fitted on my bats.

Arre bhai nahe I know you didn't mean that :)

The best grips I have found are Chevron and they look impressive!

PS: I saw Boom Boom 2011 range and it looks impressive!

Actually Boom Boom is not a Pakistani brand it is UK based company so it will be for both Pakistan and UK BUT I'm not too sure if Boom Boom softs will be available in Pakistan as they don't look like Ihsan/Pakistani made.

Methinks they are made by SS.

Mashallah CD bhai, just had a look at your MB gloves and they look fantastic, way better than my Adidas ones which I paid £30, when I could have got them for almost half price, I'm quite annoyed now to be honest.

Arre bhai you got a good bargain for 30 pounds because in 30 pounds you don't get top of the range English gloves. These MB gloves are around 18 Pounds in Pakistan so if you have anyone coming to UK from Pakistan tell them to bring them for you.

Yes, thats what Malik Zulfiqar told me so I would say Ahmed Shahzad is using genuine pittard palm gloves

GM Akmal Boys bat specs.

Kamran - Flare + Shape, Short Handle, Standard Length Blade @ 2lb 10oz

Umar - Flare + Shape with wood taken from his shoulders, Super Short Handle and Longer Blade (22 1/2") @ 2lb 9 1/2/ 10oz

lol good one. No he does not have wooden shoulders. I meant wood taken off his cricket bats shoulders

GM Akmal Boys bat specs.

Kamran - Flare + Shape, Short Handle, Standard Length Blade @ 2lb 10oz

Umar - Flare + Shape with wood taken from his shoulders, Super Short Handle and Longer Blade (22 1/2") @ 2lb 9 1/2/ 10oz

Good info Majid.

Where did you get this?

Good info Majid.

Where did you get this?
I had a email convo with Edward Lowy Group MD, GM and I asked him. He forwared my email to Richard the player expert and he gave me the info abt :kami:umarakmal bats.

Last edited:
Mr. Knightrider/Majid, a while I remember reading one of your post where you said players use SS bats because SS bats are the best in the world, so sir please have a look at this picture;

128349.jpg

Chotu I dont want to drop down to same level as you am not a school kid like you.

I already know this I've seen other Bangladesh players using CA bats with SS stickers. 2 or 3 years ago Tamin used CA bats with SS stickers and Junaid Siddique did it aswell.

You dont even know why players different bats frm their sponsors.

Do bit more research you will find CA sponsored players using SS Ton bats.

I'm not really bothered what pros use & these things dont affect me at all.

Last edited:
Chotu I dont want to drop down to same level as you am not a school kid like you.

I already know this I've seen other Bangladesh players using CA bats with SS stickers. 2 or 3 years ago Tamin used CA bats with SS stickers and Junaid Siddique did it aswell.

You dont even know why players different bats frm their sponsors.

Do bit more research you will find CA sponsored players using SS Ton bats.

I'm not really bothered what pros use & these things dont affect me at all.

is he allowed to do that legally by CA??

I've noticed a TON stamp on the back of Afridi's Sher Amin in the past tbh.

Behold!
85769.jpg

Last edited:
Looks quite meaty!! Look how thick toe and shoulder are!?

I have heard very good things about RNS and people say they have great finishing as well

TGM Bhai, it is counter balance.

It has a bit of weight and by putting on top of the handle it improves the balance.

i have heard virat uses bats weighing 2' 9" - 2' 10"
dravid used 2' 5" - 2' 6" for the south africa test series

i have heard virat uses bats weighing 2' 9" - 2' 10"
dravid used 2' 5" - 2' 6" for the south africa test series

This could be true because of the bouncy tracks and fast and short balls, good thinking I would say.

so how does one get the counterbalance used by AB and Kallis? Do they just wrap some tape around the top of the handle?

Back