Probable Pakistan XI vs Fans XI for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024

mominsaigol

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Who would win between Fans 11 and Probable Pakistan 11?

Probable 11( It's possible Rizwan as captain sends saim to no 3 and beings back babar at opening)

1) Saim Ayub
2) Muhammad rizwan (C and Wk)
3) Babar Azam
4) Fakhar Zaman
5) Salman Ali agha/ Shabizada Farhan/ Azam Khan
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Shadab Khan/ Nawaz
8) Shaheen Afridi
9) Usama Mir
10) Naseem Shah/ Abass afridi
11) Muhammad Ali/ Jamal/ Abrar

Note: Assuming jamal and abass afridi play over Ali and naseem then they'll bat higher in the order and usama mir lower.

Vs Fans 11

1) Saim Ayub
2) Fakhar Zaman
3) Usman Khan (WK)
4) Saud Shakeel (C)
5) Imad Waseem
6) Haider Ali
7) Muhammad Haris
8) Muhammad Amir
9) Naseem Shah
10) Muhammad Ali
11) Abrar

The XI I would like personally

1. Sharjeel
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Omair bin Yousuf
5. Imad (c)
6. Harris
7. Azam (wk)
8. Shadab
9. Afridi
10. Amir
11. Naseem

The realistic XI I could hope for

1. Saud
2. Sahibzada
3. Babar
4. Malik
5. Azam (wk)
6. Iftikhar
7. Imad
8. Shadab
9. Afridi
10. Abbas Afridi
11. Naseem

The XI I would like personally

1. Sharjeel
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Omair bin Yousuf
5. Imad (c)
6. Harris
7. Azam (wk)
8. Shadab
9. Afridi
10. Amir
11. Naseem

The realistic XI I could hope for

1. Saud
2. Sahibzada
3. Babar
4. Malik
5. Azam (wk)
6. Iftikhar
7. Imad
8. Shadab
9. Afridi
10. Abbas Afridi
11. Naseem
Well the fans 11 I choose was based of my observation of what people liked in general based of this years psl, as well as the high performers who will not make it to the squad.

As for the realistic 11, you and I both know it won't ever happen hence its unrealistic. Hell will freeze over before rizwan gets removed from opening. Rizzu will provs call babar back to opening again considering how much he's claimed I want babar to open.

Expect saim to be a no 3 or no 4 again.

Well the fans 11 I choose was based of my observation of what people liked in general based of this years psl, as well as the high performers who will not make it to the squad.

As for the realistic 11, you and I both know it won't ever happen hence its unrealistic. Hell will freeze over before rizwan gets removed from opening. Rizzu will provs call babar back to opening again considering how much he's claimed I want babar to open.

Expect saim to be a no 3 or no 4 again.
As I said bro, it’s the realistic XI I could hope for. Hell will freeze over before Sharjeel comes back and opens the innings with Fakhar. But I know I can’t get what I want.

What I can hope for is the left right combination of Saud and Farhan. I think they are both quality batters of a decent/mature age and have real FC red ball experience behind them. So they should be able to cope with international standard bowlers and they can adapt according to the situation

People might not like me not picking Saim in my 2 teams. He is still in my heart. I love the kid. He can play and it won’t hurt me at all as long as he opens. Still, I don’t feel he is ready unless it’s an absolute road

As I said bro, it’s the realistic XI I could hope for. Hell will freeze over before Sharjeel comes back and opens the innings with Fakhar. But I know I can’t get what I want.

What I can hope for is the left right combination of Saud and Farhan. I think they are both quality batters of a decent/mature age and have real FC red ball experience behind them. So they should be able to cope with international standard bowlers and they can adapt according to the situation

People might not like me not picking Saim in my 2 teams. He is still in my heart. I love the kid. He can play and it won’t hurt me at all as long as he opens. Still, I don’t feel he is ready unless it’s an absolute road
Interesting, can I ask what's your thought process behind selecting the rest of the team.

Your squad is interesting, I disagree with some of it, but it's whatever, I just curious on the thought process for some of it, like selecting azam, shadab and omair etc.

Probable 11( It's possible Rizwan as captain sends saim to no 3 and beings back babar at opening)

1) Saim Ayub
3) Babar Azam
4) Fakhar Zaman
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Shadab Khan/ Nawaz
8) Shaheen Afridi
9) Usama Mir

Note: Assuming jamal and abass afridi play over Ali and naseem then they'll bat higher in the order and usama mir lower.

Vs Fans 11

1) Saim Ayub
2) Fakhar Zaman
3) Usman Khan (WK)
4) Saud Shakeel (C)
5) Imad Waseem
6) Haider Ali
7) Muhammad Haris
8) Muhammad Amir
9) Naseem Shah
10) Muhammad Ali
11) Abrar

If the PCB announce that first XI, I'd have very little to complain. Would be a solid line up although I think Aamer Jamal needs to fit in somehow

If the PCB announce that first XI, I'd have very little to complain. Would be a solid line up although I think Aamer Jamal needs to fit in somehow
The probable 15 will likely be

1) Rizwan (c and Wk)
2) Shaheen (VC, idk if he'll be vc or not since he's being booted but he's 200% playing)
3) Babar Azam (500% confirmed)
4) Saim Ayub
5) Naseem Shah( If fit which I think he will be)
6) Muhammad Ali (his psl performance means he's sure to get selected especially with Rauf gone and terminated)
7) Usama mir (Same reason as above)
8) Abrar (Same Reason as above)
9) Chacha ( he's defo our front line middle order that they'll choose)

The ones down below I'm guessing since honestly idk.

10) Shadab Khan (Hasn't been the best but I'm still 95% sure he's getting selected)
11) Fakhar Zaman (Honestly idk since he's been poor this psl) might be replaced by Abdullah shafiq
12) Shan Masood (I hate him but for some reason I feel he'll weasel in somehow during to connections) However if PCB has some sense, then they might pick Abdullah shafiq in the squad.
13) Aamer jamal? (Maybe)
14) Abbas afridi (he was their last time against NZ but idk)
15) Honestly can be anyone, it could be usman tariq as a spinner, or Nawaz somehow weasels in again, could be salman agha or shabzada farhan, idk tbh)

Irfan Khan Niazi should be in contention. Mohammad Ali as well for sure merits a spot as a pacer. Shadab will be in as well. I would drop Fakhar and give someone else a chance at this point, he’s a bit over the hill..

If Haris can replace Azam Khan I might tend to agree with your squad.

I like Malik at 4.

That is a genuine good pick.

People might disagree but in the West Indies slow and low pitches, he might end games for Pakistan that Babar might even struggle to finish.

I am not crazily excited for Shadab but Mir is just as awful probably and either way is okay but Mir was bowling better in PSL so maybe him for Shadab?

Cant disagree with anything else.

I don't think many fans would want Babar to be omitted from the squad , Usman to be wicket keeper with Harris randomly at 7 and Saud Shakeel to be captain during the world cup.

Please don't label this as fans XI.

Aamers stock has fallen a bit during the PSL although I do hope he is selected for the upcoming series to see how he gets on. If he is firing he can really help to balance the side.

Aamer Jamal for captain and in a few decades Aamer Jamal for Prime Minister.

He was operating at 50% this PSL trying to save up for the final and to take it easy on the joints after single-handedly striking fear in the hearts of Aussies in Australia.

But now, play time is over. 🏏

I don't think many fans would want Babar to be omitted from the squad , Usman to be wicket keeper with Harris randomly at 7 and Saud Shakeel to be captain during the world cup.

By fans 11 I meant my fans 11 as well as what people similar to me would have selected, my bad.

You can select your own personal preference like Rana did and pit them against the probable playing 11 since the final 11 will look something extremely similar to what I wrote above.

Agreed. It's basically a squad to get rid of both Babar and rizwan. Saud hasn't even played for Pakistan or batted at 4 he's there and Usman doesn't want to play for Pakistan with Imad being retired. You have haris complaining about batting at 3 but someone with the fan one he's ok with 7. Hadier Ali has also made it due to a fluke of an innings.

1) Saim Ayub
3) Babar Azam
4) Fakhar Zaman
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Shadab Khan/ Nawaz
8) Shaheen Afridi
9) Usama Mir

Vs Fans 11

1) Saim Ayub
2) Fakhar Zaman
3) Usman Khan (WK)
4) Saud Shakeel (C)
5) Imad Waseem
6) Haider Ali
7) Muhammad Haris
8) Muhammad Amir
9) Naseem Shah
10) Muhammad Ali
11) Abrar
The fan 11 is basically filled with players you like rather than the fans. I thought according to you didn't want Imad?

My fans XI would look like:
1. Saim
2. Sharjeel
3. Saud
4. Omair
5. Danish
6. Azam
7. Imad
8. Abrar
9. Mir Hamza
10. Hasnain
11. Amir

This team would easily demolish any alternative sides. Destructive openers, steady middle order, blazing finishers and an outstanding bowling line up

Whichever squad is picked and inevitably loses , fans will claim there were better replacements

Saim had a good time in the Caribbean T20 and he has shown that he is more than just a part time bowler. He is also a gun fielder. I personally think he's ready.

Based on this PSL (FWIW)

Pakistan's top XI should be

Saim
Babar
Rizwan

Iftikhar
Shadab
Shaheen
Usama
Naseem
Mohammad Ali/Mir Hamza

Just need to sort out #4 and #5 imo

Based on this PSL (FWIW)

Pakistan's top XI should be

Saim
Babar
Rizwan

Iftikhar
Shadab
Shaheen
Usama
Naseem
Mohammad Ali/Mir Hamza

Just need to sort out #4 and #5 imo
I think this is exactly right. #4 will probably be Fakhar Zaman. He was pretty good at that position in the New Zealand series so I think he will get selected despite having a poor PSL run.

I think this is exactly right. #4 will probably be Fakhar Zaman. He was pretty good at that position in the New Zealand series so I think he will get selected despite having a poor PSL run.
Yeah, forgot about Fakhar. He's definitely at #4. Theres only 1 spot that is open I suppose -#5

The fan 11 is basically filled with players you like rather than the fans. I thought according to you didn't want Imad?
My opinion changed since he scored 2 MOM on psl, and now I don't have doubts given that he has 3 of em.

I'm a fan, you're a fan, we're all fans man, who all have different opinions. I don't know how much I can dumb it down for you. Its just a name tag, I don't know how else to phrase it? What do I say? Pak 11 vs Individual human being atomic 11?

Rana, cerebral parrot gave their own 11, you can give your own as to what you'd personally like and how you think it would fair against pak 11 or any other team in the world cup in a few months time.

It's up to you. You're acting like I'm not a fan and don't fit into that category 😂.

I think my fan 11 would include Mohammad Harris.

I know he did not have a very good PSL, but he did play a good knock when it mattered most and he also provided some good contributions in the last T20 WC. I also believe he has one of the highest T20 career strike rates of our current players. I just can’t decide if I want him to open with Saim so they can go guns blazing during the power play or if I want him to come lower down the order after a platform has been set. The other things I was thinking of was that I wish Usman Khan was eligible to play for Pakistan because I think he could have been a great number 3 based on his PSL performances.

My fan 11 as of now:

1) Saim
2) Harris
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Rizwan
6) Iftikhar
7) Shadab
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Usama Mir
11) Mohammad Ali/Abbas Afridi

I think Usama Mir could possibly be switched out for Abrar or Agha Salman could sub into this 11 somewhere.

A more realistic 11 that I think would still be strong is:

1) Saim
2) Rizwan
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Harris
6) Iftikhar
7) Shadab
8) Shaheen
9) Usama Mir
10) Naseem
11) Ali/Abbas Afridi

I think my fan 11 would include Mohammad Harris.

I know he did not have a very good PSL, but he did play a good knock when it mattered most and he also provided some good contributions in the last T20 WC. I also believe he has one of the highest T20 career strike rates of our current players. I just can’t decide if I want him to open with Saim so they can go guns blazing during the power play or if I want him to come lower down the order after a platform has been set. The other things I was thinking of was that I wish Usman Khan was eligible to play for Pakistan because I think he could have been a great number 3 based on his PSL performances.

My fan 11 as of now:

1) Saim
2) Harris
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Rizwan
6) Iftikhar
7) Shadab
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Usama Mir
11) Mohammad Ali/Abbas Afridi

I think Usama Mir could possibly be switched out for Abrar or Agha Salman could sub into this 11 somewhere.

A more realistic 11 that I think would still be strong is:

1) Saim
2) Rizwan
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Harris
6) Iftikhar
7) Shadab
8) Shaheen
9) Usama Mir
10) Naseem
11) Ali/Abbas Afridi
The guaranteed people that will 100% get selected for the t20 wc will be

1) Rizwan
2) Babar
3) Saim
4) Shadab
5) Iftikhar
6) Usama mir
7) Shaheen
8) Naseem
9) Abrar

Otherwise Muhammad Ali has made a strong case and is 99% confirmed. As for shan, fakhar, Abdullah shafiq, haris etc etc idk.

The guaranteed people that will 100% get selected for the t20 wc will be

1) Rizwan
2) Babar
3) Saim
4) Shadab
5) Iftikhar
6) Usama mir
7) Shaheen
8) Naseem
9) Abrar

Otherwise Muhammad Ali has made a strong case and is 99% confirmed. As for shan, fakhar, Abdullah shafiq, haris etc etc idk.
I think Abbas Afridi is also in their plans, he was selected in the last series we played and I believe he was our best pacer.

I think Fakhar will also get a spot based on international performances, he averaged around 25 at 165 SR at #4 in the last series we played, but I think Fakhar’s overall form is declining a bit so not sure

I'm a fan, you're a fan, we're all fans man, who all have different opinions. I don't know how much I can dumb it down for you. Its just a name tag, I don't know how else to phrase it? What do I say? Pak 11 vs Individual human being atomic 11?

Rana, cerebral parrot gave their own 11, you can give your own as to what you'd personally like and how you think it would fair against pak 11 or any other team in the world cup in a few months time.

It's up to you. You're acting like I'm not a fan and don't fit into that category 😂.
What did I say was wrong you can select who you want but don't call it fans. When it clearly your favorites without any performances.
Just say my personal favorites. Maybe you should dumb it down for yourself first.

1) Saim Ayub
3) Babar Azam
4) Fakhar Zaman
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Shadab Khan/ Nawaz
8) Shaheen Afridi
9) Usama Mir

Vs Fans 11

1) Saim Ayub
2) Fakhar Zaman
3) Usman Khan (WK)
4) Saud Shakeel (C)
5) Imad Waseem
6) Haider Ali
7) Muhammad Haris
8) Muhammad Amir
9) Naseem Shah
10) Muhammad Ali
11) Abrar
Stopped reading as Saud Shakeel being the fan’s choice for captain. Give me the stuff you smoking, bro.

My playing 11 for upcoming NZ series:

1) Farhan
2) Usman Khan
3) Babar Azam
4) Ifti chachu
5) Haris
6) Imad
7) Aamer Jamal
8) Abrar
9) Naseem
10) Shaheen (C)
11) Muhammad Ali

12) Shadab
13) Saim
14) Abbas Afridi
15) Fakhar Zaman

What did I say was wrong you can select who you want but don't call it fans. When it clearly your favorites without any performances.
Just say my personal favorites. Maybe you should dumb it down for yourself first.
So what should the thread be called? Momin's personal 11 vs pak 11, sorry guys it's my 11, no commenting allowed.

Just list your personal 11 and be done with it.

Secondly don't keep saying ploy 😂😂, I'm not a pcb chairman, I can't ploy to get rizzu and Babar put of the team.

And even if I was pcb chairman I wouldn't try to be as corrupt as possible and try to ruin someone's career unlike a certain someone.

Rizzu and Babar deserve to either be temporarily booted out and be told that if their going to open they need to be increase their sr. Their more then welcome in odi and t20 team but both of them need not be treated as untouchable gods.

It's not unreasonable to not have rizzu and Babar in the team until they learn how to improve SR and actually finish games.

You and I are both fans, Theirs no difference between our classification. Us disagreeing with one another doesn't mean that I'm no longer a fan of Pakistan cricket or that I don't follow it.

Fans 11 is a representative term, can mean anything.

I never claimed I did a survey and got a general consensus.

So what should the thread be called? Momin's personal 11 vs pak 11, sorry guys it's my 11, no commenting allowed.

Just list your personal 11 and be done with it.

Secondly don't keep saying ploy 😂😂, I'm not a pcb chairman, I can't ploy to get rizzu and Babar put of the team.

And even if I was pcb chairman I wouldn't try to be as corrupt as possible and try to ruin someone's career unlike a certain someone.

Rizzu and Babar deserve to either be temporarily booted out and be told that if their going to open they need to be increase their sr. Their more then welcome in odi and t20 team but both of them need not be treated as untouchable gods.

It's not unreasonable to not have rizzu and Babar in the team until they learn how to improve SR and actually finish games.

You and I are both fans, Theirs no difference between our classification. Us disagreeing with one another doesn't mean that I'm no longer a fan of Pakistan cricket or that I don't follow it.

Fans 11 is a representative term, can mean anything.

I never claimed I did a survey and got a general consensus.
It's difficult for you to understand anything by the looks of it. This is your personal favorites. It's got nothing to do with fans. It's not that difficult to understand but maybe it is in your case.

It's difficult for you to understand anything by the looks of it. This is your personal favorites. It's got nothing to do with fans. It's not that difficult to understand but maybe it is in your case.
I'm a fan, you're a fan, everyone in this planet who watches and supports pak cricket is a fan.

Stop trying to turn everything into an argument when one doesn't exist 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Rather then pinging me non stop, just highlight your own 11, or don't. I'm not here to give you my attention 24/7.

I'm a fan, you're a fan, everyone in this planet who watches and supports pak cricket is a fan.

Stop trying to turn everything into an argument when one doesn't exist 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Rather then pinging me non stop, just highlight your own 11, or don't. I'm not here to give you my attention 24/7.
It's your personal favorites.

I don't know any fan who would want saud to bat at 4 let alone captain the side.

I think Pakistan should play this XI:

Saim
Rizwan (c & wk)
Babar
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Asif Ali
Imad
Shadab
Shaheen
Waseem Jr.
Naseem.

My fan 11 as of now:

1) Saim Ayub
2) Babar Azam
3) Usman Khan
4) Fakhar Zaman
5) Iftikhar Ahmed
6) Shadab Khan
7) Imad Wasim
8) Mohammad Rizwan
9) Naseem Shah
10) Usama Mir / Abrar / Abbas Afridi
11) Shaheen Shah Afridi

Explainatory notes:
- Saim and Babar to open. They have good chemistry, they have a good record together in PSL 9, Babar has shown he can up his strike rate
- Usman Khan should be #3, he is consistent, he can hit and is a clear match winner. But he will have to switch allegences from UAE to Pakistan which is doubtful
- Imad has to be in there after his crazy PSL 9
- Rizwan at #8 would be ideal due to his slow SR. One could opt for Azam Khan, but Rizwan is a superior keeper and that is more important to me. But there is no way he is going to move down to #8
- For the 10th possition, can switch between a spinner or pacer depending on the wicket. For the 3rd pacer, I like Abbas Afridi because of his variations. And in the WI's slower balls is what works

Pakistan though, will probably go for:

1) Saim
2) Rizwan
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar
7) Usama Mir
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Haris Rauf
11) Abrar

My fan 11 as of now:

1) Saim Ayub
2) Babar Azam
3) Usman Khan
4) Fakhar Zaman
5) Iftikhar Ahmed
6) Shadab Khan
7) Imad Wasim
8) Mohammad Rizwan
9) Naseem Shah
11) Shaheen Shah Afridi

Explainatory notes:
- Saim and Babar to open. They have good chemistry, they have a good record together in PSL 9, Babar has shown he can up his strike rate
- Usman Khan should be #3, he is consistent, he can hit and is a clear match winner. But he will have to switch allegences from UAE to Pakistan which is doubtful
- Rizwan at #8 would be ideal due to his slow SR. One could opt for Azam Khan, but Rizwan is a superior keeper and that is more important to me. But there is no way he is going to move down to #8
- For the 10th possition, can switch between a spinner or pacer depending on the wicket. For the 3rd pacer, I like Abbas Afridi because of his variations. And in the WI's slower balls is what works

1) Saim
2) Rizwan
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar
7) Usama Mir
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Haris Rauf
11) Abrar
Rizwan at 8 is weird if usman Khan is playing. Either rizwan opens or he doesn't play, the no 8 slot can be given to a proper bowler.

My fan 11 will include imad and usman and the rest of the team can be the same one as expected. It would look like:

Saim
babar
usman
rizwan
shadab
Iftikhar
Imad
Naseem
shaheen
Wasim
abrar

Rizwan at 8 is weird if usman Khan is playing. Either rizwan opens or he doesn't play, the no 8 slot can be given to a proper bowler.
I just think Riz is the best keeper and is the least likely to mess up behind the stumps so I would still prefer him to keep, but to bat lower down the order

My fan 11 as of now:

1) Saim Ayub
2) Babar Azam
3) Usman Khan
4) Fakhar Zaman
5) Iftikhar Ahmed
6) Shadab Khan
7) Imad Wasim
8) Mohammad Rizwan
9) Naseem Shah
11) Shaheen Shah Afridi

Explainatory notes:

1) Saim
2) Rizwan
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar
7) Usama Mir
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Haris Rauf
11) Abrar
Lol at rizwan at 8.

My Fan X1

Saim
Fakhar
Babar
Salman Ali
Azam K
Ifti
Shadab
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Amir

Bench: Wasim Jr, Usman Tariq, Aamir jamal

Actual X1

Saim
Riz
Babar
Fakhar
Ifti
Azam/ Salman Ali
Shadab
Nawaz / Abrar
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

Bench: Abrar, Wasim Jr, Salman Ali, Aamir jamal

Now that imad is back pcb needs to rally amd get usman Khan in, and Amir

1) Usman Khan
2) Saim Ayub/ Fakhar (Depending on form)
3) Babar Azam
4) Rizwan (WK) (Let's be honest, he ain't going nowhere so might as well give him his precious no 4)
5) Imad Waseem (C)
6) Haider Ali/ Iftikhar
7) Muhammad Haris
8) Shaheen Afridi (He ain't going anywhere)
9) Naseem Shah
10) Muhammad Ali
11) Abrar

1. Saim
2. Babar
3. Rizwan
4. Fakhar
5. Shadab
6. Ifti
7. Haider/Azam Khan
8. Imad
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. M. Ali/U. Tariq

Use Haider and Azam Khan as sloggers and deepen the batting line up, especially needed on those sluggish pitches in the WI.

Usman Tariq also needs to be played, when conditions are suited to spin and Imad can bowl with the new ball anyway.

5, 6, 7 and 8 can be changed depending on the situation.

If only T20 World Cups were won based on writing a starting XI on a piece of paper.

The lineup should be flexible depending on conditions, opponent, and match situation.

If the opposition has two legspinners bowling, then don't be afraid of changing the batting order and sending out a LHB. If we need quick runs, send in a pinch hitter etc. You can't simply stick to a script in T20s.

My World Cup winning XI

Saim Ayub
Sahibzada Farhan
Usman Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Mohammad Haris (wk)
Ifthikar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Naseem Shah
Shaheen Shah (c)
Ihsanullah
Any leggie apart from Mir, Shadab, Qadir.

PCB’s Trophy-less XI

Saim Ayub
Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Ifthikar Ahmed
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Afridi (c)
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf
Usama Mir

My World Cup winning XI

Saim Ayub
Sahibzada Farhan
Usman Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Mohammad Haris (wk)
Ifthikar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Naseem Shah
Shaheen Shah (c)
Ihsanullah
Any leggie apart from Mir, Shadab, Qadir.

PCB’s Trophy-less XI

Saim Ayub
Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Ifthikar Ahmed
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Afridi (c)
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf
Usama Mir
Lol so according to you sahibzada and Usman are better than Babar and rizwan.

Farhan is a better investment then rizzu for opening due to rizzu's garbo sr.

Usman Khan is a true batsmen unlike fraud mr no 1 who'll repeat his 2022 wc t20 performance.

They won’t be as consistent as Babar and Rizwan but they’ll win you games when the chips are down.

I don’t want a 50 averaging player in T20’s, it’s not going to win me trophies. Joe Root is one of the best English batsmen, he could average whatever Rizwan and Babar are averaging, he still won’t get picked in T20’s because he has a limited ability when it comes to attacking cricket.

My XI:
Saim Ayub
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Usman Khan
Azam Khan
Ifthikar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Afridi
Abbas Afridi
Naseem Shah
Abrar Ahmed

Probable XI:
Saim Ayub
Mohammad Rizwan
Babar Azam
Fakhar Zaman
Ifthikar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Shadab Khan
Shaheen Afridi
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf
Usama Mir

They won’t be as consistent as Babar and Rizwan but they’ll win you games when the chips are down.

I don’t want a 50 averaging player in T20’s, it’s not going to win me trophies. Joe Root is one of the best English batsmen, he could average whatever Rizwan and Babar are averaging, he still won’t get picked in T20’s because he has a limited ability when it comes to attacking cricket.
They are both tail ender against proper fast bowling. England have the players who can play aggressive our so called aggressive one are very limited. Usman looked a tail ender against hunain out of all the people. Imagine him against Bumrah starc Cummins etc. it will be a horrible viewing.

Usman Khan is a true batsmen unlike fraud mr no 1 who'll repeat his 2022 wc t20 performance.
Usman doesn't have 5% of the talent which Babar has. Farhan Sr is worse than rizwan.

Usman doesn't have 5% of the talent which Babar has. Farhan Sr is worse than rizwan.
Usman Khan is a far better investment in t20, Babar wasn't ever suitable for T20.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both tail ender against proper fast bowling. England have the players who can play aggressive our so called aggressive one are very limited. Usman looked a tail ender against hunain out of all the people. Imagine him against Bumrah starc Cummins etc. it will be a horrible viewing.

Every batsman has a weakness.

Doesn’t Babar struggle against spin?

Does Rizwan not struggle with his off side play when the ball is angling away from him?

If SSA is removed as captain then Babar should be the first choice as skipper

Saim
Rizwan+
Babar c
Fakhar
Usman
Shadab
Iftikhar
SSA
Naseem
Zaman
Mir

Every batsman has a weakness.

Doesn’t Babar struggle against spin?

Does Rizwan not struggle with his off side play when the ball is angling away from him?
Babar is not great against spin but he can still play it quite decently this guy is a sitting duck against pace.

Rizwan has many weaknesses but not as glaring as his guy who seems rushed with anything above 125k. I can't remember him hitting more a six or 2 against pacers. Can you actually imagine this guy playing against proper pacers? I want him to be picked so this drama will end of him being good.

Playing XI for world t20
1. Babar Azam
2. Saim Ayub
3. Shadab Khan (vc)
4. Fakhar Zaman
5. Azam Khan (wk)
6. Irfan Khan Niazi / Haider Ali
7. Iftikhar Ahmed
8. Aamer Jamal / Mohammad Wasim
9. Shaheen Shah Afridi (c)
10. Naseem Shah
11. Abrar Ahmed / Mehran Mumtaz

Babar azam and Saim ayub - best opening pair available right now. Ask babar to show more intent like he did in this psl

Shadab khan - is more a batting all rounder than vice versa. Plays pace bowling well as evidenced in the last world t20 in australia. Made 50 against a good south african bowling attack on australian pitch. Made runs in tests as well in english and south african conditions. Also has been a decent performer in t20s, was wrongly removed from vice captaincy in this format

Fakhar zaman - left handed option in middle, use as an enforcer with his slog sweeps against spinners

Azam khan - is not a slogger, need to give him more time at the crease. Number 6,7 is too low for him

Irfan khan niazi / Haider ali - give chances to both of them before the worldcup and then decide. I personally think Irfan niazi can handle pressure better at the end, plus is an excellent fielder

Iftikhar ahmed - use him at the end of innings against pacers as a finisher

Aamer jamal / Mohammad wasim - bowling all rounder needed at number 8 who can hit a few clean blows. (Shaheen bats at this number if mohammad wasim plays)

Shaheen shah afridi - keep him as captain till world cup and then assess

Naseem shah - obvious choice

Abrar ahmed / Mehran mumtaz - pick mehran if left arm spinner needed

Rizwan and Babar can't be playing together in t20s. One anchor is enough in t20s
Ask the players to play with freedom without being reckless, by exploiting gaps as much as possible.
Naseem at number 10, there is depth in batting so the batters can play more freely.
Shadab, Saim, Iftikhar can be used for 5th bowler quota and cover for main bowlers as well.

1. Saim
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Usman (which probably isn’t possible so Agha Salman)
6. Iftikhar
7. Imad
8. Shadab
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. Rauf (I think he’ll do better with Naseem in the team. Don’t think there’s enough time to blood in another pacer or there is an obvious alternative, give him another go.)

We broke the Babar, Rizwan opening partnership. Rizwan’s lost form. Fakhar was bad in PSL, and Saim was pretty good in PSL. I wanted Rizwan-fakhar as opening but that can’t happen without dropping down Saim. And Saim did not bat well with Rizwan. Might as well just give the Saim and Fakhar opening partnership a shot now and see how it works.

In whose world is Usman khan a man with zero international appearances in any format better than Babar a proven record breaker at international level and a 3 format player.

Hating for the sake of hating and defying logic is not smart or beneficial to anyone.

You cant go with two inexperienced international players like Usman and Farhan to open in a world cup.

Saim and Fakhar are better than both as openers by a distance.

Most likely XI

Saim Ayub
Mohammad Rizwan (WK)
Babar Azam
Fakhar Zaman
Iftikhar Ahmed
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Afridi (C)
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf/Mohammad Wasim/Mohammad Ali
Abrar Ahmed

I would rather have Fakhar opening but it won't happen. Rizwan is married to that spot.

You cant go with two inexperienced international players like Usman and Farhan to open in a world cup.

Saim and Fakhar are better than both as openers by a distance.

It’s a fair point, but how experienced was Mohammad Haris in the 2022 WT20 when he came in for Masood and completely changed the dynamics of our batting line up.

We’ve got 2 series’ with England and NZ, give them all the games available before the WT20 and you’ll know whether they can handle it at the top level.

Saim and Babar will open for me. Riz should sacrifice his place for the greater good. No point in him keeping his spot as he has been mediocre with his strike rate recently.

We have a lot of bowling options now.

Naseem + Shaheen will always cover 8 overs of bowling

After that we’ll probably have:
Shadab Khan
Third pacer/pace all rounder
Iftikhar/Saim for part time bowling
Either Usama or Abrar as a full time spin option

And this is before introducing Imad Wasim who will probably bowl a couple of powerplay overs if he makes our WC squad

We have a lot of bowling options now.

Naseem + Shaheen will always cover 8 overs of bowling

After that we’ll probably have:
Shadab Khan
Third pacer/pace all rounder
Iftikhar/Saim for part time bowling
Either Usama or Abrar as a full time spin option

And this is before introducing Imad Wasim who will probably bowl a couple of powerplay overs if he makes our WC squad
With Amir added that's 12 overs

It’s a fair point, but how experienced was Mohammad Haris in the 2022 WT20 when he came in for Masood and completely changed the dynamics of our batting line up.

We’ve got 2 series’ with England and NZ, give them all the games available before the WT20 and you’ll know whether they can handle it at the top level.
To be honest bro I don't see neither Usman nor Farhan as being those world class players like Saim or even Haris shows on all surfaces around the globe which is why I would Go with Saim or Fakhar or Saim and Babar to open.

I could be wrong but I feel both of those would struggle against the moving ball.

I would much rather Usman stick with UAE to get an international career where he would be a guaranteed starter as there s at least 4 players ahead of him in the PK setup.

Haris was an exceptional talent butleresque and replacing him with shan in T20s was a no brainer.

1. Saim Ayub 🏏
2. Babar Azam
3. Muhammed Rizwan
4. Usman Khan*
5. Shadab Khan (C) 🏏
6. Azam Khan (WK)
7. Iftikar Ahmed 🏏
8. Imad Wasim 🏏
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Muhammed Amir
11. Naseem Shah

12.Usama Mir