PSL 9 Transfers/Trades

Some interesting moves:

Shahnawaz Dahani to Karachi Kings

James Vince to Multan Sultans

This Haider Azhar guy seems to be on a mission to end KK as a franchise

Iftikhar Ahmed becomes Sultan

Multan Sultans’ trade with Quetta Gladiators brings one of the most sought after T20 all-rounders in the camp along with the first platinum pick for Rilee Rossouw and a silver round one pick

It is an honour for me to represent the people of Multan as their passion for this game is second to none, says Iftikhar

Captain Muhammad Rizwan: Excited to welcome Iftikhar who brings outstanding skills that a champion team desires

This is definitely one of the biggest trade deals in the history of the HBL PSL, and I am delighted to welcome Iftikhar Ahmed in our camp, says head coach Abdul Rehman

Chief executive Ali Tareen: Iftimania is the best middle order hitter in Pakistan and aligns with our focus on developing and protecting a domestic core

I am sure our passionate and cricket-loving fans will be over the moon when we announce our complete retention list in due course, says Hijab Zahid

30 November 2023: In what is the most surprising move of the HBL Pakistan Super League 9 trade window, Multan Sultans, the franchise with the best win-percentage (55.22) in the history of the tournament, have snapped Iftikhar Ahmed.

The trade deal with Quetta Gladiators also sees Multan Sultans get the first pick in the platinum round one in exchange for Rilee Rossouw and the first Silver category pick.

Iftikhar has evolved into a formidable all-rounder for his power-hitting and foxy off-spin. He brings an experience of 229 T20 matches in which he has scored 4,476 runs. He also has a century in the format to go with 30 half-centuries. Since the start of his career in October 2010, the muscular batter has been smashing a boundary every 6.75 balls. He recently reached the 50-wicket landmark and his economy stands at 7.31.

Iftikhar Ahmed: “I am delighted to become a Sultan. It is an honour for me to represent the people of Multan as their passion for this game is second to none. Multan Sultans have evolved into a strong team and their record in the last three seasons speak for itself. Now, it is my ambition to help them bag the prestigious HBL PSL trophy.

“Sultans, #IftiMania aapki team mein araha hay!”

Captain Muhammad Rizwan: “I am very excited to welcome Iftikhar Ahmed. He brings outstanding all-round skills, which we need to be a champion team.

“It was not only his on-field skills that made us finalise this trade, but he is also a brilliant team player who uplifts dressing rooms with his presence. We are eager to put together a set of players whose skills are in sync with our positive, bold and aggressive brand of cricket.”

Head coach Abdul Rehman: “This is definitely one of the biggest trade deals in the history of the HBL PSL, and I am delighted to welcome Iftikhar Ahmed in our camp. I have seen Iftikhar grow into a fabulous cricketer and considering the match-winner he has become, every coach wants to have him in his team.

“Our philosophy is to develop a strong domestic core of cricketers and Iftikhar fits that perfectly. He provides tremendous value to any T20 side with his power hitting in the middle-order and that is the reason why we were keen on getting him on our side. He has also turned into a useful off-spinner who you can rely on to provide you breakthroughs in any phase of the innings.

“We will definitely miss Rilee Rossouw who has been an outstanding team player and has had a great role in taking us to where this franchise is today. Rilee was our Mr dependable and whenever we wanted him to deliver, he got the job done for us. We wish Rilee well for everything that is ahead of him.”

Chief executive Ali Khan Tareen: “Multan Sultans have always had experienced and aggressive batters in the middle order and that has been one of the keys to our success. With our focus on developing and protecting a domestic core, Iftikhar Ahmed aka Iftimania is the best middle order hitter in Pakistan. He adds destructive power against spin and pace and brings calmness with years of experience.

“I also want to thank Rilee Rossouw for giving us some incredible memories. While he will not be in our dressing room this season, we will definitely remember him for his services to the franchise. Wherever he will go, he will always be remembered for his time at Multan Sultans, as once you become a Sultan, you always stay a Sultan.”

General Manager Hijab Zahid: “After putting together a highly professional, knowledgeable and skillful coaching staff, we are now committed to getting together the best set of players. I am sure our passionate, cricket-loving fans will be over the moon when we announce our complete retention list in due course.

Iftikhar further added, “I want to thank Ali Bhai for his trust in me.”

Ali responded, “Bhai?”

View attachment 139550
Dosti Yaari franchise in full flow

Rizwan
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Asif Afridi (they will get him back I recon)

Some interesting moves:

Shahnawaz Dahani to Karachi Kings

James Vince to Multan Sultans

This Haider Azhar guy seems to be on a mission to end KK as a franchise

Where is Wasim Akram in all this? I refuse to believe that as the President of the KK franchise he has zero say in the franchise and its decisions.

He showed more ownership and involvement with KKR

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is Wasim Akram in all this? I refuse to believe that as the President of the KK franchise he has zero say in the franchise and its decisions.

He showed more ownership and involvement with KKR but here he is content with getting a free paycheck for nothing to show for it.
They’ve probably asked him to take a backseat this time and let this Azhar guy do the transfer work. Wasim will most likely be active in the draft…even there he is basically clueless if he is to make all the key decisions alone.

Shan Masood
Hassan Ali
Shahnawaz Dahani
Mohammad Nawaz (most probably)

For Imad Wasim, Amir and Vince

I recon the Lahore Whites team looks stronger than Karachi Kings at the moment

To get iftikhar on your side is a great plus for MS. Also ifti has a special bond with Rizwan, they will get along really well. Only thing MS is lacking now is a quality experienced pacer.

Multan won this trade window with that trade of Iftikhar. Best trade ever.

Multan won this trade window with that trade of Iftikhar. Best trade ever.
How? Rilee Russow was the one making them compete last season. It’s not a trade that makes sense, it’s just Rizwan getting his friend into his team. That’s all it is.

How? Rilee Russow was the one making them compete last season. It’s not a trade that makes sense, it’s just Rizwan getting his friend into his team. That’s all it is.

Ifit's been in pretty good form, he can bowl and brings in more fan fever. I don't think it's the worst trade.

It's not about friendship. It's about how good Iftimania is. Iftimania is indeed a top-quality hitter in Pakistan at the moment.

It's not about friendship. It's about how good Iftimania is. Iftimania is indeed a top-quality hitter in Pakistan at the moment.
Believe me,

He was in better form last year. He did Jack all in the tournament.

PSL 8 Russow v Iftikhar

Russow: 453 runs @45.40 strike rate 171.59

Iftikhar: 189 runs @23.62 strike rate 126.84

Iftikhar isn’t half the player Russow is.

PSL 8 Russow v Iftikhar

I think he's a better player now than what he was then. Anway, time will tell.

Russow has 6 T20 tons at a sr of 145 in his career

Iftikhar has 1 T20 ton at a sr of 129.

This is clearly a Dosti Yaari trade by MS

I think he's a better player now than what he was then. Anway, time will tell.
Iftikhar has always been the same

Unless MS are batting him at 3 and asking him to go from ball 1, he will always have these kind of numbers.

Foreign player vs local player who is actually good.

Ifti also spins better than otehr bowlers aswell

Not aware of the veracity of these claims. But the news is ripe that Ahmed Shehzad may play for LQ this season. He can be an explosive opener or no.3 batter.

Not aware of the veracity of these claims. But the news is ripe that Ahmed Shehzad may play for LQ this season. He can be an explosive opener or no.3 batter.
He will have to enter the draft I believe.

I think he should go to QG.

Roy
Shahzad
Russow

That’s a pretty good top 3

Shaheen, Rauf, Zaman, Fakhar, Abdullah
That leaves only ONE spot

I see them retaining that Mirza guy who played for them last season. And giving him a consistent chance again

LQ is different. They would never take an already established Pakistani cricketer

Rizwan
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Abbas Afridi
Naseem Shah (potentially)
Ihsanullah
Asif Afridi (most likely)

Why isn’t this Peshawar Zalmi? Who represents Multan from this lot?

unless you support multan, quit whining what other franchises are doing when their own fans dont have an issue.

unless you support multan, quit whining what other franchises are doing when their own fans dont have an issue.
Is there a set rule that you cannot have an opinion on what other Franchises do if you don’t support them? Do you follow this rule that you preach? Isn’t it you here that has made a thread about all the players KK have released, whilst you claim to be a IU supporter?

Iftikhar has always been the same

Unless MS are batting him at 3 and asking him to go from ball 1, he will always have these kind of numbers.

His bowling is better now. And I think he do a lot better than last year with the bat. I can't say why, it's just a hunch.

Iftikhar Ahmed becomes Sultan

Multan Sultans’ trade with Quetta Gladiators brings one of the most sought after T20 all-rounders in the camp along with the first platinum pick for Rilee Rossouw and a silver round one pick

It is an honour for me to represent the people of Multan as their passion for this game is second to none, says Iftikhar

Captain Muhammad Rizwan: Excited to welcome Iftikhar who brings outstanding skills that a champion team desires

This is definitely one of the biggest trade deals in the history of the HBL PSL, and I am delighted to welcome Iftikhar Ahmed in our camp, says head coach Abdul Rehman

Chief executive Ali Tareen: Iftimania is the best middle order hitter in Pakistan and aligns with our focus on developing and protecting a domestic core

I am sure our passionate and cricket-loving fans will be over the moon when we announce our complete retention list in due course, says Hijab Zahid

30 November 2023: In what is the most surprising move of the HBL Pakistan Super League 9 trade window, Multan Sultans, the franchise with the best win-percentage (55.22) in the history of the tournament, have snapped Iftikhar Ahmed.

The trade deal with Quetta Gladiators also sees Multan Sultans get the first pick in the platinum round one in exchange for Rilee Rossouw and the first Silver category pick.

Iftikhar has evolved into a formidable all-rounder for his power-hitting and foxy off-spin. He brings an experience of 229 T20 matches in which he has scored 4,476 runs. He also has a century in the format to go with 30 half-centuries. Since the start of his career in October 2010, the muscular batter has been smashing a boundary every 6.75 balls. He recently reached the 50-wicket landmark and his economy stands at 7.31.

Iftikhar Ahmed: “I am delighted to become a Sultan. It is an honour for me to represent the people of Multan as their passion for this game is second to none. Multan Sultans have evolved into a strong team and their record in the last three seasons speak for itself. Now, it is my ambition to help them bag the prestigious HBL PSL trophy.

“Sultans, #IftiMania aapki team mein araha hay!”

Captain Muhammad Rizwan: “I am very excited to welcome Iftikhar Ahmed. He brings outstanding all-round skills, which we need to be a champion team.

“It was not only his on-field skills that made us finalise this trade, but he is also a brilliant team player who uplifts dressing rooms with his presence. We are eager to put together a set of players whose skills are in sync with our positive, bold and aggressive brand of cricket.”

Head coach Abdul Rehman: “This is definitely one of the biggest trade deals in the history of the HBL PSL, and I am delighted to welcome Iftikhar Ahmed in our camp. I have seen Iftikhar grow into a fabulous cricketer and considering the match-winner he has become, every coach wants to have him in his team.

“Our philosophy is to develop a strong domestic core of cricketers and Iftikhar fits that perfectly. He provides tremendous value to any T20 side with his power hitting in the middle-order and that is the reason why we were keen on getting him on our side. He has also turned into a useful off-spinner who you can rely on to provide you breakthroughs in any phase of the innings.

“We will definitely miss Rilee Rossouw who has been an outstanding team player and has had a great role in taking us to where this franchise is today. Rilee was our Mr dependable and whenever we wanted him to deliver, he got the job done for us. We wish Rilee well for everything that is ahead of him.”

Chief executive Ali Khan Tareen: “Multan Sultans have always had experienced and aggressive batters in the middle order and that has been one of the keys to our success. With our focus on developing and protecting a domestic core, Iftikhar Ahmed aka Iftimania is the best middle order hitter in Pakistan. He adds destructive power against spin and pace and brings calmness with years of experience.

“I also want to thank Rilee Rossouw for giving us some incredible memories. While he will not be in our dressing room this season, we will definitely remember him for his services to the franchise. Wherever he will go, he will always be remembered for his time at Multan Sultans, as once you become a Sultan, you always stay a Sultan.”

General Manager Hijab Zahid: “After putting together a highly professional, knowledgeable and skillful coaching staff, we are now committed to getting together the best set of players. I am sure our passionate, cricket-loving fans will be over the moon when we announce our complete retention list in due course.

Iftikhar further added, “I want to thank Ali Bhai for his trust in me.”

Ali responded, “Bhai?”

View attachment 139550
Most of the well known local players seem to be leaving QG.

Muhammad Amir to QG has stalled. Apparently KK not willing to release him

Mohammad Amir trade for Nawaz it seems.

Also a big transfer between KK and LQ in the works. I’m hoping for Hussain Talat with Sharjeel Khan transfer

mouthwatering prospect of Sharjeel and Fakhar opening together!

Mohammad Amir trade for Nawaz it seems.

Also a big transfer between KK and LQ in the works. I’m hoping for Hussain Talat with Sharjeel Khan transfer

mouthwatering prospect of Sharjeel and Fakhar opening together!
LQ will never take an already established player

They have

Fakhar
Abdullah
Shaheen
Haris Rauf
Zaman
All of them are certain to play all matches

That only leaves ONE spot for a local cricketer who is not in the emerging category

They would most probably play 2 emerging cricketers that they have identified through their PDP instead of one

LQ will never take an already established player

They have

Fakhar
Abdullah
Shaheen
Haris Rauf
Zaman
All of them are certain to play all matches

That only leaves ONE spot for a local cricketer who is not in the emerging category

They would most probably play 2 emerging cricketers that they have identified through their PDP instead of one
Most franchises aren’t taking players who fixed anyway. They have an image to protect and especially won’t do it if they’re winning.

I think Quetta are most likely to take him because they’re more desperate and are already taking in players who are a bit out of favour. Can’t see any other franchise besides staying at Karachi. No way will Lahore and Multan take him being the strongest two sides.

Most franchises aren’t taking players who fixed anyway. They have an image to protect and especially won’t do it if they’re winning.

I think Quetta are most likely to take him because they’re more desperate and are already taking in players who are a bit out of favour. Can’t see any other franchise besides staying at Karachi. No way will Lahore and Multan take him being the strongest two sides.
Oh so that’s why LQ gave Salman Butt a go?

Quite a few sources saying Naseem will be joining Islamabad United

Rizwan
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Abbas Afridi
Naseem Shah (potentially)
Ihsanullah
Asif Afridi (most likely)

Why isn’t this Peshawar Zalmi? Who represents Multan from this lot?
Similar to Quetta which is filled with Karachi players. Who can forget they had the like of Asad shafiq. At least with the names you have mentioned they are t20 players unlike sarfraz 11, I mean Quetta.

Oh so that’s why LQ gave Salman Butt a go?
They were desperate then and doing bad year after year. Don’t see them doing that now when they are current back to back champions. That’s why I also think it anyone is to take them currently it’ll probably be Quetta. Who used to be consistently good until recent seasons.

Similar to Quetta which is filled with Karachi players. Who can forget they had the like of Asad shafiq. At least with the names you have mentioned they are t20 players unlike sarfraz 11, I mean Quetta.
Quetta is closer to home representation

How is Multan a fair home representation?

Quetta is closer to home representation

How is Multan a fair home representation?
Quetta is no way near home representation. Who are you fooling? Quetta is a Karachi team run by the owner who just picks players from Omar assioaties.

Multan is not a fair home representation which I agree but they have more home players than Quetta.

Peshawar Zalmi offer Salman Irshad, Aamer Jamal and Arshad Iqbal for Naseem Shah.

Absolutely lost the plot here have the Zalmis

If I were QG, I would insist on Saim Ayub and Arshad Iqbal for Naseem Shah. Give them Ahsan Ali as part of the deal.

Peshawar still haven’t figured out that they need to dangle the Saim Ayub carrot for QG to budge

Peshawar Zalmi offer Salman Irshad, Aamer Jamal and Arshad Iqbal for Naseem Shah.

Absolutely lost the plot here have the Zalmis
PZ was about to give away two prospects for Naseem?

Well look PZ's pace bowling is a joke, and they need a main attack bowler, but two give away there two other decent bowler would had been a bad move.

QQ is going to make a hell of a deal with Islamabad that Islamabad will regret.
United is giving away a classic spinner and a good fast bowler for one naseem.

There was no need for United to go for Imad and kick Abrar out. Imad and Shadab as your main spin attack is a big joke.

If I were QG, I would insist on Saim Ayub and Arshad Iqbal for Naseem Shah. Give them Ahsan Ali as part of the deal.

Peshawar still haven’t figured out that they need to dangle the Saim Ayub carrot for QG to budge
There is no way Peshawar would give away Saim Ayub.

Besides, Saim is in Diamond category. By giving away Ifti and Naseem, Quetta has open more plantinum and diamond spots on the squad.

Islamabad ended up cornering itself with their stupid trades.

Naseem, Shadab, Asif, Azam, Imad and Faheem they are from diamond and platinum. Islamabad cant pick a foreign player in these categories as they have filled up and only have gold and silver category which are mainly not very good players/

Abrar Ahmad was gold category, and Islamabad could had used that to their advantage.

They will probably look to remove Asif Ali and another player if they want a foreign player in the Diamond.

I wonder if Cheema and other guy are still part of Isb. Because they used to be well aware of the categories and never made dumb moves. Surprised if they were the ones that called these shots

Well look PZ's pace bowling is a joke, and they need a main attack bowler, but two give away there two other decent bowler would had been a bad move.

There was no need for United to go for Imad and kick Abrar out. Imad and Shadab as your main spin attack is a big joke.
PZ needs to offer one of Saim or Harris if they really want Naseem. They will benefit from a Naseem in their pace attack.

Islamabad didn't necessarily needed Imad but the reason you have mentioned is absolutely deaf founding. Imad and Shadab have been great T20 Spin All Rounders. Every league around the world look to sign them. This is why we need to look at performances in different formats differently.

Imad adds another dimension with the bat. Going forward, I think he will remodel himself as a batting all-rounder.

Potential IU team…

1. Munro
2. Gurbaz
3. RVD
4. Azam
5. Asif Ali
6. Imad
7. Shadab
8. Faheem
9. Naseem
10. Farooqi
11. Emerging pacer or spinner

PZ needs to offer one of Saim or Harris if they really want Naseem. They will benefit from a Naseem in their pace attack.

Islamabad didn't necessarily needed Imad but the reason you have mentioned is absolutely deaf founding. Imad and Shadab have been great T20 Spin All Rounders. Every league around the world look to sign them. This is why we need to look at performances in different formats differently.
naa.

PZ doesnt need to offer there batting prospects.

In PSL, you need to consider two things, the players potential and the category they fall.

Saim is doing good and did not request for a trade. THere was no way PZ would throw Saim, also Harris is a keeper.

Imad and Shadab are not great allrounders lol. Both of them cant spin. And in one team, you can play only of the guys and keep a full time spinner. Also, both fall in platinum category. ABrar was in gold. Had United kept Abrar thrown Hassan Ali to the draft, they could had drafted a plantinum player from the draft.

Abrar could had stayed with the franchise atleast 2-3 years, now by going for Imad, by PSL 10's draft, with more players shifting to Diamond and Plantinum, United will again be required to let go of players.

United lost the draft in terms of long term.

The team that looks the best in long term is PZ and LQ, as these two teams kept only those players that were young and there for the long run because those players reach diamond and platinum and be forced to throw them out

PZ needs to offer one of Saim or Harris if they really want Naseem.
Harris will most likely decline moving to QG. Saim will approve, he has a bond with QG and he has a strong relation with Sarfaraz too.

That’s why PZ cannot make any moves unless they offer Saim

Imad adds another dimension with the bat. Going forward, I think he will remodel himself as a batting all-rounder.

Potential IU team…

1. Munro
2. Gurbaz
3. RVD
4. Azam
5. Asif Ali
6. Imad
7. Shadab
8. Faheem
9. Naseem
10. Farooqi
11. Emerging pacer or spinner
Bro, you are ignoring the categories. Only certain number of players from each category be kept.

RVD, Azam, Asif, Imad, Shadab, Faheem and Naseem. These are 7 players that belong to the diamong and platinum. They cant keep these guys.
I dont know if Gurbaz and Farooqi will fall in the top 2 categories.

Thats where Islamabad created a dumpster fire.

Had they kept Abrar (gold), thrown Hassan ali and Asif away and not gone for imad (platinum), there would had been more spots in the team.

naa.

PZ doesnt need to offer there batting prospects.

In PSL, you need to consider two things, the players potential and the category they fall.

Saim is doing good and did not request for a trade. THere was no way PZ would throw Saim, also Harris is a keeper.

Imad and Shadab are not great allrounders lol. Both of them cant spin. And in one team, you can play only of the guys and keep a full time spinner. Also, both fall in platinum category. ABrar was in gold. Had United kept Abrar thrown Hassan Ali to the draft, they could had drafted a plantinum player from the draft.

Abrar could had stayed with the franchise atleast 2-3 years, now by going for Imad, by PSL 10's draft, with more players shifting to Diamond and Plantinum, United will again be required to let go of players.

United lost the draft in terms of long term.

The team that looks the best in long term is PZ and LQ, as these two teams kept only those players that were young and there for the long run because those players reach diamond and platinum and be forced to throw them out
PZ needs a spearhead pacer. Naseem is potentially available. But QG won't let him go that easily without something good in exchange as well.

Right now PZ can afford to give away one of Saim or Harris. Knowing that they will get a Naseem in exchange. It does look a fair exchange to me as well.

PZ also has a high potential WK batter, Haseebullah so the wicket keeping aspect won't be that big of an issue.

Naseem for Saim or Haris is not a good trade for Quetta. Yes, this trade will make their batting a bit more trust worthy but letting Naseem go is a huge blunder if he is fit and ready to go. Islamabad is already gearing up to get Naseem anyways.

Serves these Multan guys right with their cringe social media memes

The most immature has been Javed Afridi. Bhai if you dont want to trade, dont trade, but why post on social media and laugh that they wanted from me so and so.

Thats unprofessional.

Also, LQ said that some teams are now bribing players to not join certain team or to go in draft.

QG guys stood with you in your toughest times Naseem

Really sad to see that you deserted them the moment you became useful

Russow, Wasim JR and Abrar, hopefully Amir too

Serious transfer business by QG!

The most immature has been Javed Afridi. Bhai if you dont want to trade, dont trade, but why post on social media and laugh that they wanted from me so and so.

Thats unprofessional.

Also, LQ said that some teams are now bribing players to not join certain team or to go in draft.
He’s an absolute clown. His priorities are PR and image, not cricket

Players unloaded by QG…

Iftikhar
Naseem
Nawaz

All 3 haven’t done anything significant for them. Now they have the best player from MS, Pakistan’s best performing pacer at the World Cup and Pakistan’s most exciting emerging spinner.

If Amir comes, they will have a proper/established 4 over pacer.

No mention of overseas players. PSL has massively flopped and is instead hyping up random trades.

Why was the PSL auction scheduled before the IPL auction? It should have been after the IPL auction, so any IPL rejects could be picked up by the PSL.

No mention of overseas players. PSL has massively flopped and is instead hyping up random trades.

Why was the PSL auction scheduled before the IPL auction? It should have been after the IPL auction, so any IPL rejects could be picked up by the PSL.

People in the PCB and Franchises don't think.

Well, give credit to PCB this time, as IPL can pick players rejected by PSL now. Nice

So much talk about DeQock, Boult and Maxwell.

Would be a massive shame if none of these guys are coming

So much talk about DeQock, Boult and Maxwell.

Would be a massive shame if none of these guys are coming
Why would they? There are the ILT20 and SA20 tournaments which take place a month before the PSL, pay better and offer a better living arrangement than the PSL. Why play the PSL, where they would not only make less than what they would make in the aforementioned two tournaments, but also being a tournament that ends virtually as soon as the IPL starts? That would be 4 months of playing cricket abroad, with no down time. The financial incentive offered by the PSL isn’t great enough to make it worthwhile for most.

The PCB need to think of creative ways to ensure the long term survival and growth of the PSL. Selling souls to the Saudi’s could be a good shout. The SA20 in particular will kill the PSL in the long run if the PCB do not get their act together.

PSL 9: Record number of foreign players sign up for draft

20 fall under the platinum category with a significant representation from England​

According to a media report a record-breaking 254 foreign players have registered for the upcoming Pakistan Super League (PSL) season nine, according to The News.

According to an official, the list includes players from various cricketing nations with a notable absence of prominent Australian names in the registration for PSL 9.

Among the registered players, 20 fall under the platinum category, with a significant representation from England.

The PSL Draft will take place at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore on Wednesday, December 13, 2023.

PSL 9 is scheduled to start from 8 February to 24 March 2024. The above is just a tentative schedule.

Record no. of players joining PSL a good omen. PSL is growing as a brand day by day. Hope our young lads would also benefit tremendously from this opportunity to play with great foreign players.

Record no. of players joining PSL a good omen. PSL is growing as a brand day by day. Hope our young lads would also benefit tremendously from this opportunity to play with great foreign players.
But what's the use of numbers if there aren't many quality overseas players available?

They need to increase the signing amount. The money is not lucrative enough to bring the big boys. at least $400,000 to half million needed for each platinum pick.

The competition from SA T20, BBL, IL T20 is now killing the PSL.

Some different proposals being floated

1) PCB needs to switch to the auction model

2) PCB should adopt the BPL model where they should just directly sign the big foreign names and then go into the draft with the local players

3) Some Franchises have demanded that they should be made to pay strictly in PKR for the Pakistani players and only USD for the foreign players

4) Change the financial model of the PSL where the ownership of the PSL should go towards outside investors i.e. venture capitalists, hedge funds and other interested investors who should be allowed to vote for the PSL board of directors, CEO, the PCB can maintain control by being the majority controlling shareholder

5) Explore a different window to avoid the competition from Sri Lanka Premier League, BPL, BBL, SAT20, ILT20 and IPL. Players are viewing the PSL window as the perfect time to rest to rejuvenate themselves for the IPL T20.

The competition from SA T20, BBL, IL T20 is now killing the PSL.

Some different proposals being floated

1) PCB needs to switch to the auction model

2) PCB should adopt the BPL model where they should just directly sign the big foreign names and then go into the draft with the local players

3) Some Franchises have demanded that they should be made to pay strictly in PKR for the Pakistani players and only USD for the foreign players

4) Change the financial model of the PSL where the ownership of the PSL should go towards outside investors i.e. venture capitalists, hedge funds and other interested investors who should be allowed to vote for the PSL board of directors, CEO, the PCB can maintain control by being the majority controlling shareholder

5) Explore a different window to avoid the competition from Sri Lanka Premier League, BPL, BBL, SAT20, ILT20 and IPL. Players are viewing the PSL window as the perfect time to rest to rejuvenate themselves for the IPL T20.
draft system needs to be done away with. It only limits the star power. If you have 20 platinum oversees players but can pick only 10 what's the use of the other 10, they'd be left out and inferior names from diamond, gold and silver will get a nod instead.

Asif Khan in the T10 league…

Has he registered for the PSL?

PSL 8 Russow v Iftikhar

Why don't you also provide their bowling stats.

They’ve probably asked him to take a backseat this time and let this Azhar guy do the transfer work. Wasim will most likely be active in the draft…even there he is basically clueless if he is to make all the key decisions alone.
Wasim is with KK and Haider Azhar is with MS, no?

Back