Puma Cobalt 5000 Batting Pads - Mini Review

shirazi_r

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
First of all, apologies for being away from the forum for some time now. Life has kept me rather busy and for that I'm thankful :)

Anyhow, I was browsing ProDirect a couple of months back looking for a deal and boy did I find one! They had just listed all of their new Puma softs and some of them happened to be priced improperly. While these pads will usually run you about £89.99, I paid just a little less................... £22! Yup, 22 quid for top of the range Puma pads!

When ordering the pads, I was notified that they were out of stock and would be shipped when available. Thinking this might be in a week or two, I promptly ordered. As it happens, my order was received this morning (February 8th). It's been a long wait since I actually placed my order (November 8th) but for the price, I certainly have nothing to complain about. Scratch that, I did get hit with a brokerage fee of $28 but that's hardly the fault of ProDirect.

Ok, enough rambling, let's get to the good stuff!

The pads are awesome, what can I say, I expected nothing less. They're particularly light (slightly more so than my GM 909 d3o Pads) and boast a rather obscene amount of protection. I've never really feared getting rapped on the pads by club level bowlers but with these I think I'll be fine even if Shoaib Akhtar decides to pop in for a net session. :)

This said, I haven't used them as yet so stay tuned for a more in depth review on the pads themselves. Actually, I haven't as yet decided if I'm going to keep them or try and make a quick buck by selling them but either way, I think I got a deal and a half.

Of course, here are the obligatory photos:

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Amazing amazing stuff bhai! Lovely pads and more importantly a heck of a deal! Definitely worth the wait imho.

When you wear them how do they feel? Better and less bulky than your GMs?

As they say in Urdu ''sabar ka pahal meetha hota hai''

Just AWESOME, dude! Right thing to post and talk about. Man, getting tempted to buy it. These pads aren't like the normal ones. These are flat, looks unique. I'll have to say that you're very lucky to have it, and ofcourse in a cheap price:quote::19:.

Last edited:
Ufff...whadda pair of beautiful pads..Looks really good!
The packaging itself looks awesome You are lucky that You got it for 22 quid.:D

Amazing amazing stuff bhai! Lovely pads and more importantly a heck of a deal! Definitely worth the wait imho.

When you wear them how do they feel? Better and less bulky than your GMs?

As they say in Urdu ''sabar ka pahal meetha hota hai''

Thanks buddy!

They definitely feel quite nice, not too bulky and definitely not heavy. I think they'll take some wearing in but that shouldn't be a problem.

I still have to decide if I want to keep them or trade/sell them though so I'll hold off on using them right away.

Just AWESOME, dude! Right thing to post and talk about. Man, getting tempted to buy it. These pads aren't like the normal ones. These are flat, looks unique. I'll have to say that you're very lucky to have it, and ofcourse in a cheap price:quote::19:.

Thanks dude, I did get quite lucky with these. Keep our eyes peeled, there's lots of deals to be had if you're willing to look. :)

Thanks buddy!

They definitely feel quite nice, not too bulky and definitely not heavy. I think they'll take some wearing in but that shouldn't be a problem.

I still have to decide if I want to keep them or trade/sell them though so I'll hold off on using them right away.

LOL, still unsure?! :facepalm: Uff! ;-)

Those who are after deals have a look here;

Mispriced and amazing price

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...Equipment-WhiteMagnetoOrange-Spark-40113.aspx

Compare it to;

http://www.owzat-cricket.co.uk/acatalog/2012_Puma_Calibre_4000_batting_pads.html

Thanks buddy!

Thanks dude, I did get quite lucky with these. Keep our eyes peeled, there's lots of deals to be had if you're willing to look. :)

Unfortunately, I live in Bangladesh.:facepalm:

Haha, I live in Canada. Most online shops ship everywhere though it might just be cheaper to buy Pakistani gear in Bangladesh.

No mate, Pakistani geras in BD is quite expensive. After all, they are imported, so the tax counts.

No mate, Pakistani geras in BD is quite expensive. After all, they are imported, so the tax counts.

Really? I thought they would be relatively cheap. In that case, have a look at some online retailers, shipping is actually quite reasonable. CD posted an awesome deal on Calibre pads in this thread.

they look quite nice i would say - EXCEPT for the little puma logo at the bottom where your feet are..it frustrates me on all pumas

Back