Puma Iridium 3000 & Gunn & Moore Luna 808 Review

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
So along my brother, cricketer13 bhai I received a Puma Iridium and GM Luna. You guys can't believe how good and nice person cricketer13 is, its beyond our imagination!!

Puma Iridium 3000 :

Anyways, coming to the bat I ordered it along him and he did everything for me. He knows what type of player I am and how I play so he knows more about me than myself so he recommended me this Puma Iridium so I took his words and bought it.

So when I got the bat off him last night and as soon I first saw the bat I loved it! Of course the first thing I saw and spotted were the stickers and they look fabulous! They look much nicer than they actually are in the pictures other than stickers the grip is brilliant as well! And the finishing is impressive! I would say it is just below Salix, Newbery and MB's finishing, but not too far from them! The edges were rounded off in a great manner and it is the first bat I have bought whose edges have been rounded off perfectly!

Now coming to feel, it is very good not perfect for me yet but it is very good indeed. One thing I really liked is that the blade length is slightly longer than the regular bats and the bat which I have of same blade length is Powerbow 3 Star which is perfect bat for me and I love playing with! I have added an extra thin grip underneath the bat and the handle feels perfect now!

I have started to knock it as I can't wait to use it and the middle is amazing!! Believe me or not the rebound is one of the best I have ever seen or have witnessed in my life! I have few throwdowns and it was brilliant!

So overall rating I would give is 8 out of 10, it is matter of time before I am fully used to this bat so the rating will change as time goes :D

Gunn & Moore Luna 808 :

After picking up cricketer13 bhai's Luna LE I somewhat liked this new innovative shape and wanted to try it out. I had few throw downs with his bat when he got it and being a mainly front foot player they went well of the bat and I was middling the ball well! So I had a thought and said I'd give a shot and buy one of these. I didn't wanted to spend $550+ so rather I bought a mid range which I will mainly use for training and morning matches (due to dew). I also find this bat to be a good training bat because of the scoops it will encourage and help you middle the ball well because if you hit near the edges the ball won't travel as much you'd like it to due to lack of wood.

Anyways, the feel on this Luna is perfect for me! I would say this because when I hold the bat in my hands and it feels perfect the balance and everything is top notch. The handle became a bit thinner so I added Shock Absorba (yellow unfortunately :( ) on top and now it feels even better!

I haven't knocked this much as I'm spending more time on Iridium 3000, but one of the prime reason is that I feel the way this bat is pressed it might not require much of knocking because right now it is going great off the mallet and cricketer13 bhai can vouch for this as well. However, cricketer13 bhai suggested me to knock it so I will be knocking it before I take it to nets.

Grain wise it might not be the prettiest as there are only 4-5 grains but I'm really not fussed about them because the main thing for me is feel and if feel is good then thats what I really care about.

So I think thats enough but if I have missed anything or if you have any question(s) or criticism then please don't hesitate to ask me, I would be more than happy to answer whatever you guys say (negative or positive).

Pictures of both bats are separately but if anyone wants them to be together feel free to ask for them.

Enjoy!

DSC05411.jpg

DSC05413.jpg

DSC05415.jpg

DSC05418.jpg

DSC05417.jpg

DSC05416.jpg

looks great for a 3000. blade looks clean and grains are straightish. in fact would have looked ok with a 4000 or 5000 sticker also.

looks great for a 3000. blade looks clean and grains are straightish. in fact would have looked ok with a 4000 or 5000 sticker also.

Grains are not too bad, if those small specks weren't there then it would have looked cleaner but personally I am not too bothered with the grains as long I have good feel and it picks up well, that is what I really want and care about.

that is absolutely true. feel is definitely more important. but i am sure these both will find it impossible to become match bats, competing against the other heavyweights in your kit.

The main purpose of these is to serve me in nets as the surface underneath is concrete and few balls are two piece and apart from that these are for morning matches where there is heavy dew so those top end bats will get damaged.

Andy said he'll be giving the tracking number by the end of this week so hopefully next week they will be here.

Great looking bats CD bhai. You just seem to be building a greater collection day by day, (maybe KR bhai, might be getting a bit worried:)).)

The Puma looks superb. However I have a few questions if you don't mind. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember you saying that you didn't like Puma's all that much, what made you buy this one. Also, I can't see in the picture but does the Puma come with anti-scuff sheet fitted?

As for the Luna, well the more I see them the better they look.:)

Overall I would say you bagged yourself two awesome bats there.

Last question though. Please don't answer it of you don't want to, but how much were the Puma and Luna separately?And was shipping expensive from where you got them?

JazakallahKhair.

JazakAllah Khair! No mind at all, ask whatever youw ish to ask bro, seriously I'm find with that!

Yaar the ones I once held were old ones (no lie) and that model certainly didn't feel good, I'm not saying this because I bought it or what but this one has different shape, no lies!

No, Puma did not come with a anti-scuff sheet fitted on them.

Yaar cricketer13 bhai did everything and he knows more about price, I think I paid £175 (something around that) for Luna 808 including postage and custom charges. Have no idea of Puma, Ill ask him for you :)

Yeah you woooooooooould, it was my configuration until I ditched the two grip method due to hand cramping.

Really?! I will try that for sure...

Shock Absorba is amazing grip, feels sooo soft I must say..

Exactly! I sense the same.

I had that on Icon before applying Xtrax which is not feeling great after using shock absorba...

JazakAllah Khair! No mind at all, ask whatever youw ish to ask bro, seriously I'm find with that!

Yaar the ones I once held were old ones (no lie) and that model certainly didn't feel good, I'm not saying this because I bought it or what but this one has different shape, no lies!

No, Puma did not come with a anti-scuff sheet fitted on them.

Yaar cricketer13 bhai did everything and he knows more about price, I think I paid £175 (something around that) for Luna 808 including postage and custom charges. Have no idea of Puma, Ill ask him for you :)

JazakallahKhair.

Yeh, I noticed that you had the shock-absorba grip even though nowadays GM are only putting that on GM Plus range. Why is this?

Also, I agree with SS that the diamond shape ones wear out really quickly.

JazakallahKhair.

Yeh, I noticed that you had the shock-absorba grip even though nowadays GM are only putting that on GM Plus range. Why is this?

Also, I agree with SS that the diamond shape ones wear out really quickly.

Have no clue whatsoever. I actually didn't even realize this until you told me.

VERY NICE BATS!!!!! out of the two which one is better and how do they compete with the icon?

No bat comes near Icon.

Icon is the best bat I have.

alright thanks..............im eagerly awaiting it!!!!!!! lol and once you get it can u let us know which of all the bats you recently bought is the best?

and also just to update you guys, Im actually ordering two bats. One is the GM icon 808 and other is puma kinetic 3000. I was going to get it from cricketstoreonline but Jason's service was very poor. I told him to send me pics of some bats and he got heated and told me I asked him the same question many times before and he's always said no. So he started to get heated and he swore. I emailed him asking him if somebody else said that to me or if he wasnt in the right mind to say something like that and it turns out he said it and meant it and he deleted me. I will not be purchasing a bat from cricketstoreonline so probably from either mapperly or pdc. By the way you can get your bat engraved up to 30 letters on the edge fot free! tempted to get it from pro direct now!

Nice bats, especially the Luna. GMs are one of the few bats I have yet used, I think I will have to purchase one that company next time.

Wired shape, wired colour usage (that blue doesn't look good!) And list goes on!

Apex and SS for me have worst shapes in the market lol

Like Sami, I have no idea why the Apex is being hated on so hard. The balance and feel seem just fine on the bat and the stickers, particularly last years are quite handsome in my opinion.

What I don't quite understand when it comes to GM is why the Hero didn't get a little more love.

Quite, the aqua blue is rather cool and the shape makes it rather good for those with front footed tendencies imo.

I miss the Hero shape : (

Neither are really direct replacements imo, since they don't have that awesome bottom heavy pendulum like swing that the Hero offered.

Actually the luna did replace the hero............hence why the hero is not being sold and the luna is the only new bat with a low sweetspot.

They said that because Luna has low sweetspot but Hero had different shape altogether.

Like Sami, I have no idea why the Apex is being hated on so hard. The balance and feel seem just fine on the bat and the stickers, particularly last years are quite handsome in my opinion.

Quite, the aqua blue is rather cool and the shape makes it rather good for those with front footed tendencies imo.

Haven't picked one but saw the stickers on 303 and I didn't like them a bit!!

Aqua Blue looks a lot girlish.

cover drive,

I am planning on buying the puma 3000 iridium as well and just wanted to know how did the bat go for you. It's been more than an year so wanted to know your thoughts before making the purchase.

hey i saw a strange thing at www.addlon.co.au it said that gm have launched this bat called MAX-E for australian pitches iwonder what thats about>..

yeah that's true, gm are making a new bat for specially australia south africa and new zealand, its gonna be named as MAX-E
its gonna have huge edges with light weight and slightly high middle....gonna get launched in july

Back