Question for Johng!

Bouncer

Local Club Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Johng, it seems like you know a lot about where that cricket bats that are sold under the brands like Kooka and GM and others are made and most of them are being made by companies in India.

Do you know any international brand that is having any pakistani bat makers (CA/Ihsan, MB etc etc etc), make bat for them and then they sell it under their own brand?
or any Pakistani bat makers not considered good enough for any international brand for them to get their bats made from Pakistan? I wouldnt be surprised if this is the case but I want to get your opinion on it.

In that artical they are talking about getting "rubber shock-absorbers from Pakistan" and NOT the complete bat handle.

I dont think there is a lot of art that goes into manufacturing "rubber shock absorbers", may be that is why they get it from Pak because it is cheap and does not require any art work.

Pakistan isn't good enough. Boom Boom, Woodworm and Slazenger have tried Pakistan in recent years, all have switched the majority of their production back to India.

Pakistan isn't good enough. Boom Boom, Woodworm and Slazenger have tried Pakistan in recent years, all have switched the majority of their production back to India.

Aren't Woodworm iBat still made in Pakistan by CA?

Slazenger were made by CA correct ?

Grays also do Hockey.

Is Grays (hockey one) owned or part of Gray Nicolls family ?

No Woodworm iBat (sold in the UK) is almost definitely Indian.

And yes Grays, Gilbert Rugby and GN are all the same family.

No Woodworm iBat (sold in the UK) is almost definitely Indian.

And yes Grays, Gilbert Rugby and GN are all the same family.

Hmm last time when I was in Pakistan I met few retailers they said they are made in Pakistan by CA interesting.

Ah okay cheers, all of Grays products are made in Pakistan, in Hockey department Pakistan is quite good.

Are the Grays balls part of Gray Nicolls too?

Woodworm sold in Pakistan is made in Pakistan.

Don't know about Grays balls.

Grays hockey gear is made in Pakistan. As is Kookaburra, TK, Adidas, Rage. Slazenger's and Malik (obvs) hockey gear. There is more but I can't remember. 90% of hockey equipment is made in Pakistan.

I believe Woodworm gear is made by CA.

Last edited:
None, but thats made in India ? They have machines there ? I thought they were still hand made like in your Champ video/

FC Sondhi have machines. SG have recently got machinery, since moving into their new factory. SS will too, when they complete their move.

Ah okay.

A local retailer here told me SG's factory is like a whole city, very big!

Aren't Woodworm iBat still made in Pakistan by CA?

Slazenger were made by CA correct ?

Is Grays (hockey one) owned or part of Gray Nicolls family ?

CA make Woodworm and used to make Slazenger but Sondhi are doing Slazenger and Puma now.

SG make the GM range from the 808 down and GN in Aus have all GN bats made in India except the LE and Players made in India however, it is a mystery who make their softs.

Boom Boom are made by SS now.

Adidas made by SG
Nike made by SG
Kookaburra made by SG
Willowstix made RNS Larsons
Mongoose made by SS could be wrong
GM 808 down and all softs made by SG
Puma made by Sondhi
Slazenger made Sondhi and softs
Puma softs made by SS

John, what gives you the impression that all 808 grades and down are made by SG? Despite GM saying otherwise, despite all their material saying otherwise, stickers and their MD coming on a forum and saying otherwise.

CA don't make all of Woodworm either (look at their softs, bat profiles and toe shapes, not Pakistani) and look closer at Willostix's 2011 gear

Last edited:
Let me also stress it isn't always as easy as saying X makes Y's gear. Last year I commissioned the manufacturer of approx £350,000 worth of gear (for one of the makers listed above) - now that in terms relative to Adidas is small but they were placed through 4 different manufacturers.

Nike and Adidas have all used manufacturers in India, which aren't SG. I have seen their invoices and their bats sat there whilst sorting out my own equipment.

All English Willow GM bats are made in Nottingham, England.

Not according to pricing I received from India and not according to my supplier who is next door to SG in Meerut in India.

There are bats made by GM in England there is no denying that but mid range bats down are made in India.

You only have t have above 50% local content to say it originates in the country in which the organisation resides

Ahh John, you're getting the range licensed and distributed by DSC in India mixed up with the UK issued range.

Tell Mohit I said hi too.

No bdm mate and I do deal with Mohit as well but both say the same

Why would GM make a 404 in England does not make commercial sense

They have their £500,000 machine which does it all for them. All they need to do is stick a handle in and then it comes out ready for polishing and stickering.

Do you think i dont know about their glorified CNC machine that they call "DXM"

I don't know, you appear to be misinformed on a couple of things.

Dont be rude as I already left CB UK because of the arguments and put downs that occurred regularly on there and I suggest you pull your head in champ.

I am extremely well informed about the industry and this subject was asked by members for me to answer and not for you to be a smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, you've posted a series of inaccuracies. Which I've picked you up on.

If you're 100% certain it's true post it, but as it stands you're painting out very well respected manufacturers and their CEO's as liars. And having spent the past 5 years working and building brands I take offence to that, especially considering you have no hard proof and are going on the hear say of another brand owner.

I posted in this thread, not to be a smart. But because I feel I have the most experience from working for a brand in the industry, compared to any of regular posters on here or CBUK. That knowledge and experience I'd like to share.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adidas made by SG
Nike made by SG
Kookaburra made by SG
Puma made by Sondhi
Puma softs made by SS

SS ARE indeed making Mongoose- you are right.

They have their £500,000 machine which does it all for them. All they need to do is stick a handle in and then it comes out ready for polishing and stickering.

Dude, I would (and I am sure other memebers too) love to see what that machine or any other machine like that looks like.

can you please post some pictures?

And also, what are the brands that are getting their work done/stuff made in Pak?

I got a Mongoose for a friend last year(far too expensive bat for me) and it even had a tag which said (made by Sareen Sports Meerut etc)!

CD and others, I was under the impression that boomboom bàts are basically Ihsan inferno bats and ate just branded differently?

Was that not the case? When did they ditch ihsan and what was the reasoning behind it?

No they were never the same like Ihsan Inferno, last year Boom Boom were with Ihsan and now they have shifted to SS.I believe it is because of quality, SS's quality is better than Ihsan overall.

CA make Woodworm and used to make Slazenger but Sondhi are doing Slazenger and Puma now.

SG make the GM range from the 808 down and GN in Aus have all GN bats made in India except the LE and Players made in India however, it is a mystery who make their softs.

Adidas made by SG
Nike made by SG
Kookaburra made by SG
Puma made by Sondhi
Puma softs made by SS

Do you know if Stuart himself makes Gray Nicolls e41 1000LE?

oh the E41 is made in Australia according to kingsgrove and GCCC

Back