Question Regarding Bats

SempreSami marketing gimmicks have got the best of us (including me I confess).

Sorry didn't see this earlier.

I haven't dealt with them but I have seen people dealing with them and they are happy with there products.

What happened, you are not buying MB LE anymore?

na he dosen't carry any only normal CA 12000 so im just getting it from the factory

Don't buy it!

The bat is not worth $200 at Ca factory so how can they sell it for that price. I am quite sure it's fake.

Do you want to buy TRD or you have any other bat in your mind as well ?

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ue-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-13403.aspx

This bat is going for a reasonable price, it looks a bit ugly, but anyone how it plays?:fawad

ProDirect also have some good offers on Puma bats, are they any good?

Did you see that bats actual pictures ?

Really good I must say. I mean I have a Gray Nicolls and despite it is a 3 Star it palys better or as good as my Grade 1's. It took a while to open up but seriously it is a gun!

So I do rate them high and I find them very good as they last really long.

Not too sure about Puma as I have never used one but they are going at a very good price.

Did you see that bats actual pictures ?

Really good I must say. I mean I have a Gray Nicolls and despite it is a 3 Star it palys better or as good as my Grade 1's. It took a while to open up but seriously it is a gun!

So I do rate them high and I find them very good as they last really long.

Not too sure about Puma as I have never used one but they are going at a very good price.

Yes, you can zoom in and see the bat from real close. Grains and so on. But Gray-Nicholls look a bit boring:( Only the Xiphos looks good, but for some reason I can't see if it's available or not on the site.

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ver-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-4351.aspx

Yes, you can zoom in and see the bat from real close. Grains and so on. But Gray-Nicholls look a bit boring:( Only the Xiphos looks good, but for some reason I can't see if it's available or not on the site.

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ver-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-4351.aspx

It is not necassary that the one in that zoom image is the one they are selling. Check out Puma's and one of the range has same picture for all different models.

Personally I like the Evo and Powerbow shape the best. Other might look boring but I can guarantee that they will play very well and they are worth every single penny.

It is not necassary that the one in that zoom image is the one they are selling. Check out Puma's and one of the range has same picture for all different models.

Personally I like the Evo and Powerbow shape the best. Other might look boring but I can guarantee that they will play very well and they are worth every single penny.

I know, but it says '5 Star' when you zoom in. But I guess they have used the best picture available.

I know, I saw Puma had the same picture.

The Evo 5 star bat is only available in medium weight.:shahzaib

I know, but it says '5 Star' when you zoom in. But I guess they have used the best picture available.

I know, I saw Puma had the same picture.

The Evo 5 star bat is only available in medium weight.:shahzaib

Even then I think they would use the pictures which have the best looking grains, face etc.

Ah okay, I'm not sure about weight etc.

My understanding is the GN 5 star bats are the best value for money in their entire range. At clearance price, that looks like a real bargain! Also, although Evo 5 Star is medium weight, due to the grooving and high middle, it will likely pick up much lighter. Probably comparable to a light weight Nitro...

I concur Salman Bhai. Although I wouldn't say Carbo are overpriced, they are being sold at a great price as well.

I can get an AS V10 custom made from their factory in Sialkot for roughly the same price though (including shipping to Norway).:shafiq

But you said you want to try English brands, didn't you ?

Yeah, but if I do I think it will be a GM. But they are way too overpriced. Maybe I will get one if I go to England myself, since it is a bit risky to buy online.

AS V-10 and AS V-3 cricket bats

Hey CD i am looking to buy AS V10 and AS V3 bats direct from khalid bhai. What do you think of these bats?

Hey CD i am looking to buy AS V10 and AS V3 bats direct from khalid bhai. What do you think of these bats?

Asalamalakium,

First of all, welcome to PakPassion! It is great to have you here and I hope you have a great time! :)

Alhamdulilah, a great choice I must say! Both are superb bats but I would say go for one rather than buying both. If money is not an issue for you and you don't care about cash then you're more than welcome to buy both but both of the bats have more or less the same shape, profile etc so I would not recommend buying both. The only difference between AS V10 and AS V3 is the cleft. V10, has a better cleft compare to V3. Shape/profile is quite similar.

There are many people on the forums who have AS V10 and all of them say it is a great bat. I have seen more than dozen AS V3/V10 owners whereas I'm yet to see a owner who is not happy with his bat.

So a very good bat and best Asian bat for its value and highly recommended.

If you have any question(s) please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Take Care

I look forward to your posts in future :)

Asalamalakium,

First of all, welcome to PakPassion! It is great to have you here and I hope you have a great time! :)

Alhamdulilah, a great choice I must say! Both are superb bats but I would say go for one rather than buying both. If money is not an issue for you and you don't care about cash then you're more than welcome to buy both but both of the bats have more or less the same shape, profile etc so I would not recommend buying both. The only difference between AS V10 and AS V3 is the cleft. V10, has a better cleft compare to V3. Shape/profile is quite similar.

There are many people on the forums who have AS V10 and all of them say it is a great bat. I have seen more than dozen AS V3/V10 owners whereas I'm yet to see a owner who is not happy with his bat.

So a very good bat and best Asian bat for its value and highly recommended.

If you have any question(s) please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Take Care

I look forward to your posts in future :)

Walaikumasalam,

Thank you for your reply it really is reassuring because I have my heart set on buying these bats.

Initially I wanted 2X AS V10 bats but cash is a little bit of an issue thats why I am going for 1X AS V3

Ive been reading through some of the other threads to find out about prices and things like that. But would you be able to tell me how much I should be paying for both these bats including shipping to Australia. AUD is quite strong right now so I dont want to get ripped off.

Cheers.

Walaikumasalam,

Thank you for your reply it really is reassuring because I have my heart set on buying these bats.

Initially I wanted 2X AS V10 bats but cash is a little bit of an issue thats why I am going for 1X AS V3

Ive been reading through some of the other threads to find out about prices and things like that. But would you be able to tell me how much I should be paying for both these bats including shipping to Australia. AUD is quite strong right now so I dont want to get ripped off.

Cheers.

Ah okay. To be honest, both AS V3 and V10 are of similar quality so I'm sure you will get beauties.

The best option I would say is to contact Waqas/Khalid Bhai directly at AS factory (in Sailkot) because they will give you the best rate as they are the factory people.

V3 goes for something around Rs. 6000 and V10 goes around Rs. 10000 if I remember correctly.

So email Waqas/Khalid Bhai and see what they say. Not too sure abou tht eshipping but don't go to website online as most of them sell fake stuff at a ridiculous price.

I think they sell cheaper to aus because there is no AS supplier there, and they're trying to get into that market. You might get it for less than CD has quoted (those are regular prices).
Anyway check with Waqas bhai. The V10 he sent me was top notch!!

i thought it was 8k for V3 and 11k for V10....anyway Waqas/Khalid will give u the prices inc delivery....

Thanks guys for your responses.

Rs 6000 and 10000 is really cheap for grade 1 english willow bats....Thats in the 75-120AUD range at current exchange rates.

If I can get these prices then I dont think there should be any problem getting 2X AS V10s.

Bat prices in Australia are insane. CA Plus 12K costs $599AUD so thats why I was expecting the top 2 AS bats to be pretty expensive. It doesnt even compare....whats going on here?

SalmanK did you get your bat posted to you? Do you think you could go into a bit of detail on it i.e Grains, weight, pick up, ping, sweet spot location and length because that would be really good to find out. Are you able to upload pictures at all?

Cheers!

Ah okay. To be honest, both AS V3 and V10 are of similar quality so I'm sure you will get beauties.

The best option I would say is to contact Waqas/Khalid Bhai directly at AS factory (in Sailkot) because they will give you the best rate as they are the factory people.

V3 goes for something around Rs. 6000 and V10 goes around Rs. 10000 if I remember correctly.

So email Waqas/Khalid Bhai and see what they say. Not too sure abou tht eshipping but don't go to website online as most of them sell fake stuff at a ridiculous price.

CD what website are you referring to?

Rs 6000 and 10000 is really cheap for grade 1 english willow bats....Thats in the 75-120AUD range at current exchange rates.

If I can get these prices then I dont think there should be any problem getting 2X AS V10s.

Bat prices in Australia are insane. CA Plus 12K costs $599AUD so thats why I was expecting the top 2 AS bats to be pretty expensive. It doesnt even compare....whats going on here?

Cheers!

Well that applies for all countries outside Pakistan for Pakistani bats :).

The quality of AS V10 and CA 12000 Plus is same so it would be wise to buy from Pakistan directly.

CD what website are you referring to?

For AS bats contact AS Sports in Sailkot and there website is;

http://www.assports.com/

SalmanK did you get your bat posted to you? Do you think you could go into a bit of detail on it i.e Grains, weight, pick up, ping, sweet spot location and length because that would be really good to find out. Are you able to upload pictures at all?

Cheers!

Yes, got it for USD 160 including postage. Think I posted pictures on one of the V10 threads. Anyway, will repost.

I had asked for a 2lb 10oz bat. Got one that weighed 2lb 6 oz! I think there was a mixup at the factory, because the sticker on it said 2'10. Pick up ofcourse is fantastic. Sweet spot is located in the middle. Ping is very good. Haven't used it in a match yet, so this is based on malleting and bouncing an old ball off it. Plenty of grains 15-16. Strip of heartwood on the inside edge.

Cons - handle wasn't the best. 4 piece handle with 3 springs, rubber used was ok quality. Willow was over-dried, but I fixed that with 3-4 coats of oil.

Anyway, for the price you can't go wrong. AS is one of few manufacturers still pricing their bats reasonably. Aussie prices are crazy, just buy your bats in Pakistan and have them shipped.

Last edited:
Looks superb Salman Bhai! Loving the grains and profile of that bat.

AS bats are the best value bats in the market and they are fully worth.

I hope it goes well for you.

Bhai, do you have any more bat coming for next season?

Oh another thing Salman Bhai are you a left hander by any chance? If you're then this bat would be perfect for you.

The more I see, the more I like superb piece of willow. Grains are lovely and look pro quality!

Also I don't think that rubber imperfection makes a big difference, does it?

Salam, I have seen lots of AS's on this forum and most of them have got good reviews apart from the handles, has AS fixed these? Because I myself am looking to buy an AS, Inshallah.

Hello bhai,

I spoke to khalid bhai and he is sending me the following:

- AS V10 SH bat weight requested was 2lb 8oz
- AS V3 SH bat 2lb 8oz
- 2x V10 batting gloves
- 1x V10 moulded batting legguards
- 1x AS thigh pad
- 1x AS wheelie kitbag

Total i have agreed to pay him including shipping is $450 aud.

How do you upload pictures on this forum?

I will upload pics of all the gear when it arrives. Inshallah the bats he sends me are top class!

Sounds good! InshAllah, I pray that you get top notch stuff!

When clicking 'Post Reply' scroll down a bit then click 'Manage Attachment' and then upload pictures.

Hope it helps :)

If you have any question(s) feel free to ask me :)

Back