Question Regarding Gloves

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Ask any question you have regarding batting/keeping gloves in this thread.

Thanks

CD (or anybody else), pls recommend a good pair of gloves. Looking to spend less than PKR 1500. Thanks!!

CD (or anybody else), pls recommend a good pair of gloves. Looking to spend less than PKR 1500. Thanks!!

CA 12000 Plus - best gloves I have had so far.

You should be able to get them for Rs 1200

The best Pakistani gloves I have seen are;

MB Bubber Sher, CA 12000 Plus and Ihsan Inferno 950.

I think all of them are under Rs. 1500.

I would say go UT Sports and try each of them out and buy the one with which you are most comfortable

I saw all three gloves today. Here is my feedback:

Bubber sher: looks absolute crap with that cheap glossy super large logo or whatever they have covering Hal the glove. Feels ok.
CA 12000 Plus: looks like its made of extremely cheap material. Feels ok

Ihsan inferno 950: Looks the best but nothing great. Feels great except for the left thumb which is way too tight.

Compared to these gloves my MB Sher amins from two years ago are much better booths looks wise and in comfort!

Everyone has different taste but I said what most people say. Just like you liked Sher Amin gloves I hated them like no tomorrow.

I saw all three gloves today. Here is my feedback:

Bubber sher: looks absolute crap with that cheap glossy super large logo or whatever they have covering Hal the glove. Feels ok.
CA 12000 Plus: looks like its made of extremely cheap material. Feels ok

Ihsan inferno 950: Looks the best but nothing great. Feels great except for the left thumb which is way too tight.

It is hard to find good or high quality gloves in your budget range. I mean under Rs. 1500 you can't expect to get very Hugh end gloves.

If you really want good quality gloves ten you might want to spend around Rs.5500 to Rs.7000 and buy Salix Pod 1, Newbery SPS, Puma, Gunn & Moore and others.

Has anyone used the MIDS gloves?

I haven't but I am guessing they would good because a professional player uses them.

Also I have heard that in Pakistan big brands make gloves for many smaller companies, hence, they are similar in design.

Everyone has different taste but I said what most people say. Just like you liked Sher Amin gloves I hated them like no tomorrow.

I dunno. I just feel like the quality has gone down since I bought my last pair two years ago. I know that 'feel' is a very subjective thing but the finishing on these gloves looked very raw and my older gloves look like they've been made of much better quality material. Anyways. Thanks for your help!!

No worries!

I am not sure about the quality of gloves two years ago because I have never had two year old gloves.

But if you compare the quality of MB Sher Amin gloves and Bubber Sher then I would say there is a significant difference. I mean Bubber Sher gloves have a better sweatband, better plam, more protection etc. As I said it basically narrows down to your preference and personal choice.

As Silencer said if you are after very good quality gloves then your best bet would be English gloves.

I haven't but I am guessing they would good because a professional player uses them.

Also I have heard that in Pakistan big brands make gloves for many smaller companies, hence, they are similar in design.

They look ok, I'm tempted to buy a pair when I go Pakistan Inshallah

Attachments

• lr_01.jpg
    lr_01.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 143
They look ok, I'm tempted to buy a pair when I go Pakistan Inshallah

They look pretty decent. If you are tempted then buy them. I don't think they would be bad especially when a international player uses them :hafeez.

The gloves have white palms, In the beginning they were outstanding, great grip, good isolation etc, but I must say I don't feel comfortable anymore with these gloves. I'm searching for some really lightweight gloves with great grip, any tips bhai??

The pads are really good, still good quality and very light.

I moved this question here as this thread is for gloves related discussion. I hope you don't mind :)

I guess all gloves get rough and comfort level decrease after good use. However, genuine Pittard palms prolong the life of gloves as they are of better quality.

One good thing about white palm one is that the colour doesn't come off. The Bubber Sher gloves which I have black palm which is not good because it has been dyed and when you sweat the colour comes off the palm onto the grip. Apart from this palm issue they are perfect whereas a slight improvement would be if they use smaller logos on front of the gloves.

Are you after Pakistani brand gloves or English?

I moved this question here as this thread is for gloves related discussion. I hope you don't mind :)

I guess all gloves get rough and comfort level decrease after good use. However, genuine Pittard palms prolong the life of gloves as they are of better quality.

One good thing about white palm one is that the colour doesn't come off. The Bubber Sher gloves which I have black palm which is not good because it has been dyed and when you sweat the colour comes off the palm onto the grip. Apart from this palm issue they are perfect whereas a slight improvement would be if they use smaller logos on front of the gloves.

Are you after Pakistani brand gloves or English?

I see,

I'm after Pakistani brand for my gloves, budget doesn't matter.

I see,

I'm after Pakistani brand for my gloves, budget doesn't matter.

If you want light weight then Ihsan Inferno 950's are the lightest top of the range Pakistani gloves I have come across.

If you want light weight then Ihsan Inferno 950's are the lightest top of the range Pakistani gloves I have come across.

I see,

Thank you very much. I will order the gloves in the next few days, and will give a small review on them (with pictures):razzaq

I see,

Thank you very much. I will order the gloves in the next few days, and will give a small review on them (with pictures):razzaq

No worries.

If you feel like then you are more than welcome to do that.

Is it true that Ihsan have stopped producing Ihsan Inferno 950 gloves? I told a friend of mine to send from Pakistan, but he said they don't make them anymore. Sound a bit strange that he couldn't find them in Karachi.

Anyways, I think I will be getting Boom Boom gloves in gold and red.:afridi

Boom Boom gloves are either in Black/Red or Gold/Black or Blue/Black.

No, I don't think Ihsan has.

If there's still 2010 GM Original/LE gloves floating around online at reduced prices when I have money, I'll consider getting another pair.

Have you come across any website selling them for a cheap price ?

Also how much did you pay for your GM LE 2009 if you don't me asking.

Yes, I meant gold/black and red/black. Didn't write black because they are in all boom boom gloves.
If you don't have long hands/fingers then I would say try MB Bubber Sher gloves. One of the best gloves I have ever used, they are impressive! Only cricticism i have is that since the palm is dyed the colour starts to come off when hands get sweaty.

I don't have any of the LE models, I've got two pairs of Originals. I paid £35 on pro4sport in Feb 2009. Was fortunate in the sense that I requested the new model of stuff but paid the 2008 prices.

In contrast, I bought my 2010 Originals from a local shop and paid £40.

I bought my 2010 GM Original LE for £30 (brand new) from Rich around same time last year.

I was looking for them this year as well but couldn't get hold of any. I also tried my luck with GM 808 as they are same in design but didn't get them either.

Hopefully I will be buying Salix Pod 1 Gloves along my new Salix bat.

Methinks I saw the Originals for £30 on Pro Direct Cricket.

Though my main priorities at the moment are a new helmet and an additional bat.

I think it's a bit late as I have leaned towards Salix as I prefer having a set but since I can't keep so many pairs of pads I have to stick to gloves and a bat.

I'm I don't remember but you said you were interested in buying another GM, right ? Which range though ?

Will you opt out for Masuri again or will something different ? I bought a 2011 Masuri in standard size so let's hope everything turns out well. Hopefully will get my stuff by 24th, InshAllah.

If I can get a Masuri with the 2009/10 grill style, I'll probably be getting one of those in their titanium form. Failing that, I'm quite tempted by the Albion Original 98 since I've recently noticed that owzat offer them with a titanium grill.

Yep, another GM. Makes choosing one easier since I've narrowed the range down.

Didn't you already have a ti grill for your black Masuri which broke ?

How much is Albion 98 with ti grill is going for ?

Mind sharing ?

Nah it was a steel grill, although since I tried on a Ti22 Elite Combo helmet that was lying around at nets I'm sold on titanium.

Here's the link to owzat, it's 80 notes for a titanium Original 98.
http://www.owzat-cricket.co.uk/acatalog/C_D_Original_98_Titanium_cricket_helmet.html
My only reservation about it is that Brendan Denning of Albion couldn't clarify which grill style it was, so I'll be emailing them in the near future.

Nah it was a steel grill, although since I tried on a Ti22 Elite Combo helmet that was lying around at nets I'm sold on titanium.

Here's the link to owzat, it's 80 notes for a titanium Original 98.
http://www.owzat-cricket.co.uk/acatalog/C_D_Original_98_Titanium_cricket_helmet.html
My only reservation about it is that Brendan Denning of Albion couldn't clarify which grill style it was, so I'll be emailing them in the near future.

Is there much of a weight difference between steel and titanium grill ? I bought steel one although I am not too sure if there is a major difference between the weight. I have never tried a Masuri with steel or titanium grill.

Is this Pointing one?

It's been marketed as the lid Ponting used until they released the Ultimate 98, although I find Albion''s promotional stuff is a bit jumbled since there aren't any images on their site of the new style helmets that Watson's using.

As far as weight's concerned, it doesn't feel like there's as much hanging off of the helmet with a titanium grill.

It's been marketed as the lid Ponting used until they released the Ultimate 98, although I find Albion''s promotional stuff is a bit jumbled since there aren't any images on their site of the new style helmets that Watson's using.

As far as weight's concerned, it doesn't feel like there's as much hanging off of the helmet with a titanium grill.

Honestly, I find both of them similar with the grill being slightly different.

Do you like Ayrtek ? If you don't mind me saying this then if you buy Original 98 for 80 quids why not add little more and buy Ayrtek ?

Ah thanks for this info.

The problem with Ayrtek is that I can't currently go into a shop and try it out for fitting and whatnot, whereas I know that the XL offerings in the Original 98 and Masuri fit me perfectly.

Ah okay sounds fair. If sizing is much of issue doesn't Tom have room to fix it with the internal foaming (can't recall what exactly it is called) etc.

Nevertheless, Albion looks great as well. What colour will you buy this time around ?

Whatever I get will be in navy, going with black was an individualistic thing which I've gotten over now. I intend to stick with the same helmet from then until I potentially join a club with different colours, although there's something about maroon which I just don't like.

I don't know why but I also hate Maroon/Red for some reason.

I don't mind black, navy and green.

For some reason I bought a green one opposing my club uniform match.

Methinks I saw the Originals for £30 on Pro Direct Cricket.

Though my main priorities at the moment are a new helmet and an additional bat.

I was on ECB Store's website last night and saw 2010 GM LE going for something around £38.

Not a bad price in my opinion.

They're £45, not bad. Might try and nab them if they're still there after xmas.

They're £45, not bad. Might try and nab them if they're still there after xmas.

ECB Store/Kitbag prices change very frequently. When I saw them they were £38 and now they are £45. similar thing happened when I bought my pads from kitbag.

Batting Inners

Salam,

A lot of pro's wear batting inners nowadays Michael Clarke and Azhar Ali immediately spring to mind, however do any members on PP use them. I myself have two full finger pairs and I must say I really like them, they are soft and comfortable but they also protect your gloves aswell. :)

Uhmm yes it does get softer and make you feel a bit comfortable. Some gloves I have are split so they are kinda for long finger chaps so I kinda have to use inners with them as they fit better.

Why do some batting gloves get really wet and sweaty while others do not ? Is it do with the materials/make or maybe that different people using same gloves are more likely to cause it ?
Example I brought some top grade Kookaburra gloves last year, they were fine for a while but then they started to get wet and sweaty after every match - a few friends did use them as well but not sure if that is the cause.I have some MB gloves as well but they don't get wet or sweat at all.

Why do some batting gloves get really wet and sweaty while others do not ? Is it do with the materials/make or maybe that different people using same gloves are more likely to cause it ?
Example I brought some top grade Kookaburra gloves last year, they were fine for a while but then they started to get wet and sweaty after every match - a few friends did use them as well but not sure if that is the cause.I have some MB gloves as well but they don't get wet or sweat at all.

Yes I think thats probably just due to the material , but if you use inners then they absorb the sweat.

Ok thanx, never used inners before but will give it a go.

I would say it depends on the palm type. Pittard palm is the one which absorbs the sweat more compare to Calf palm.

There are many different type of palms but as QS Bhai said inners improve this

I would say it depends on the palm type. Pittard palm is the one which absorbs the sweat more compare to Calf palm.

There are many different type of palms but as QS Bhai said inners improve this

Bhai, I'm sorry I have been asking so many questions but mashallah you have such good knowledge.

Bhai I wanted to ask how do you know if it's pittard or calf and also which type do the pro's use? :)

Bhai, I'm sorry I have been asking so many questions but mashallah you have such good knowledge.

Bhai I wanted to ask how do you know if it's pittard or calf and also which type do the pro's use? :)

LOL as I have said previously ask whatever you wish to :)

Pittard Palm is softer than Calf whereas Pittard also have better sweat absorption. Also Pittard palm material is thicker than Pakistani/Indian Pittard and Calf.

As far pros are concerned it is really there preference. Some people say Calf palm gives them better grip compare to pittard, some players hate pittard palm etc so it is a individual perference.

i would have to disagree here with CD bhai....pittards dont absorb sweat or water.....

the benefit is that some types of pittard like
Armortan (used in GM gloves) is abrasion resistant so the palm lasts longer
WR100 (used in Slazenger gloves) is water and sweat resistant so it remains soft and supple for longer

to answer the other questions, look at the palm to make out whether it is pittards or not...pittards gloves normally have some sort of pattern and the texture is also not smooth like calf skin

Make sense, askmoi bhai. Your logic certainly makes more sense than mine :)

So Quick Single Bhai my bad for wrong info, have a look at askmoi bhai's post as he explains it well in concise manner.

Back