[Report] PCB contact Misbah-ul-Haq for position of Head Coach for Pakistan

If 2017-2019 was free from Misbah's influence then so too since 2021. So why the constant bashing? I mean you go out of your way to create threads on Misbah. Why do you still dub this era as being influenced by Misbah.

And no it wasn't dark days due to Misbah. It was dark days due to losing some of our best players to Spot fixing and due to no cricket at home. In those dark days, we beat India in India in ODIs and won the test mace.

Khair this was not the question I asked. So since you can't comment on 2003 to 2007, you have no idea what actual dark days in the cricketing sense were. We had so called legends playing but with little results. It wasn't until we got Amir, Asif and a tactically smart captain and opener in Salman Butt that we got some hope back. But then we lost them too. We were in shambles during this period. Misbah too proved to be a saving grace where we actually started making tournament knockouts on the back of his performances.

The romance with the era before Misbah is delusional at best. We had become a nothing team no matter what kind of legends represented us. Not like we were any world beaters
2021-2024 is babar's influence, I mentioned both, not just misbah, both are of the same mould lol,

It's why I said Babar and rizwan are the shehzad and misbah of this era.

2021-2024 is babar's influence, I mentioned both, not just misbah, both are of the same mould lol,

It's why I said Babar and rizwan are the shehzad and misbah of this era.

If Misbah was at the helm Babar and Rizwan would've been powerless. He did what he wanted, without playing favourites. In his last t20 series he even brought back Sharjeel and broke the RizBar opening combo.

I am against player power but I gotta hand it to Babar and Rizwan on how they filled the gap of an inept board and consolidated all the decision making within the core. In the absence of good governance, the citizenry needs to stand tall

How could I follow it? I was 6 years old 💀
What I’m trying to say is that there were bad moments in the Misbah era as well, but I don’t think it was even close to as terrible as the 2007 WC and all of the horrible events that took place afterwards.

A day after we were knocked out of the World Cup in 2007, our head coach Bob Woolmer passed away. By all accounts he was loved by Pakistani fans and the Pakistani players. He also was very interactive with the Pakistani fan base, if I remember correctly, more so than really any other coach we have had. It was eventually ruled that he died of natural causes but there were a lot of rumors and gossip about suspecting foul play.

A couple years after that there was the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan national team. Just an absolutely horrible horrible event and really damaged Pakistan’s image on the global stage. We were supposed to be part hosts in the 2011 WC and that was removed and international cricket was not played in Pakistan for 10 years.

A year after that there was the spot fixing scandal and our Test captain and our 2 bowlers who were touted as the new Wasim and Waqar were banned.

People who lived through this horrible time are going to have a better memory of the Misbah era than you will because this period of 2007-2011 was just absolutely horrible for Pakistani cricket. At the very least, Misbah brought stability to our cricket and no one could call him corrupt or any of those kinds of things. He also turned UAE into a fortress, drew a series in England, and got us the #1 Test ranking for the first time in history.

What I’m trying to say is that there were bad moments in the Misbah era as well, but I don’t think it was even close to as terrible as the 2007 WC and all of the horrible events that took place afterwards.

A day after we were knocked out of the World Cup in 2007, our head coach Bob Woolmer passed away. By all accounts he was loved by Pakistani fans and the Pakistani players. He also was very interactive with the Pakistani fan base, if I remember correctly, more so than really any other coach we have had. It was eventually ruled that he died of natural causes but there were a lot of rumors and gossip about suspecting foul play.

A couple years after that there was the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan national team. Just an absolutely horrible horrible event and really damaged Pakistan’s image on the global stage. We were supposed to be part hosts in the 2011 WC and that was removed and international cricket was not played in Pakistan for 10 years.

A year after that there was the spot fixing scandal and our Test captain and our 2 bowlers who were touted as the new Wasim and Waqar were banned.

People who lived through this horrible time are going to have a better memory of the Misbah era than you will because this period of 2007-2011 was just absolutely horrible for Pakistani cricket. At the very least, Misbah brought stability to our cricket and no one could call him corrupt or any of those kinds of things. He also turned UAE into a fortress, drew a series in England, and got us the #1 Test ranking for the first time in history.
Again I heard the stories on the attack, as well as the spot fixing scandal and have seen highlights of 2007, but I haven't lived through that era and unless you live through an era you'll never know the truth about it.

Misbah didn't bring stability to our cricket. We were winners in 2009, in 2010 semi finalists, in 201q Sf each time being knocked out it required the strongest teams of that respective tournament India and Australia to knock us out.

We were stable as a unit in 2011, way before misbah came in.

I can 100% call him corrupt, you don't need to spot fix or cause a terrorist attack to be labelled as the villian.

As for red ball cricket, I've never complained about misbah on red ball, but make no mistake anytime this dofus has touched our white ball cricket it leads a lasting damage for years on end.

Sorry but I don't care about eras I haven't witnessed. I didn't choose to born late, my cricket experience is from 2011 and onwards and those the eras ik about and will talk about.

I witnessed the era where pur red ball cricket teams thrives but our white ball cricket team fell apart, I'm proud to have lived in the 2017 era where I finally got rid of misbah and I will defend 2018 and 2019 with my life, because I don't mind losing or failing if I atleast see progress being made.

In sarfi's era certain positive things are still in play.

1) Babar being no 3 in odi where he SHOULD BE.

2) The imam and fakhar partnership which was succesful before imam's fitness and short ball exposure even then abid ali was on his way to replace imam for good, the heart attack post wc was the issue.

3) Hafeez and Malik that people critise its because of their 163 and 183 sr that we even avg 154/ 6of 18.3 in 2021 t20 wc whereas 2022 wc we avg 130 for 7 in 18.3 with the likes of Shan, Babar, rizwan and chacha leading the pack.

4) shadab Khan who you praise on end, was picked up during the sarfi era and made front line, before that yasir shah and shadab were competing and yasir shah was front line although the rape case could have frontlined shedsy tbh.

5) Shaheen was frontline discovered during the sarfi era.

6) the prospect of imad opening the t20 bowling was also a tactic first employed by sarfraz during his 2016 captaincy where azhar ali had to sit out for one game against Zimbabwe.

7) The prospect of rizwan who you praise on end, then idea of him being a middle order in odi whereas previously he use to bat at 6/7, was also Done during the Australian series.

Compare that to post misbah as coach and Babar as captain era we got

1) Return of shehzad and akmal and irfan which failed miserably.

2) Return of imam as an opener in t20 for one game which also failed, Sarfi failed at this earlier so on what basis was misbah thinking to copy that strategy?

3) Kushdil shah, Asif Ali and Chacha became mainstring in our t20 sides and later in pdi side after Babar became captain and these 3 consistently have been useless when faced with half a decent bowling attack, on what basis is chacha batting in the lower order when he's clearly not a finisher or a bowler?

Asif Ali was also a feature in 2019 don't get me wrong, bit not a main feature, he got dropped and booted after a few wc games and them brought back by misbah in t20 out of the blue.

4) Under Babar, Shaheen, Naseem and haris rauf aka the iconic trio are a spent force. Shaheen in 2019-2021 was consistently hitting that unplayable inswing at 140+ clicks, and now he's a Chapman bunny if champman manages to even play 10 deliveries it's game over. Can barely bowl beyond 132?

5) someone like Abdullah shafiq who has played 7 List A games was given zero match practise deapite having an entire NZ series and asia cup to experiment with, he was Brought in last minute due to falhar injury, Cresit to him for performing, but why on earth would you bring a debutant to play in a god damn vortual pressure semi final in asia cup? Out of the blue? Had he not hit that 111 against Sri Lanka, everyone here would have eaten the debutant alive and justified Babar opening?

Similarly on what basis is saud batting at no 5 in odi? When clearly you want an imad type player who averages 42 and sr of 100+ to in odi to fill that role?

6) Lastly on what basis was nawaz made frontline in every single white ball format over imad? I get t20 fine, they wanted to test a newbie over a dude who had a bad 2021 wc, but why on earth are you replacing him in odi? What does nawaz with an avg of 18 and an abysmal sr and a higher economy have any business replacing imad at a time inad was willing to still play odi?

And dint say experimentation for god sakes. Babar as a captain isn't even playing imad for 2 games on his comeback, deapite him being fully fit.

Every single decison these 2 clowns have made has backfired repeatedly with no so called experimentation lasting.

Babar said he'll use this series to rotate and try different conbos. What rotation, its been 3 games with one washed out, and all his did was replace Amir for abass afridi?

This entire set up is a joke, with injuries upon injuries, memes upon memes etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan is a distinctly average team consistently ranked 4,5,6 in test and odi. I don’t really care for t20’s. Occasionally there will be a bit of an uptick in the rankings and they might get to 1 or 2 but this is purely a statistical anomaly. They might even fluke a performance in a icc tournament.

You might think their lack of achievement is because of poor strike rates or because of lack of penetrative bowlers or failure of a coach but no this only papers over the cracks.

Pakistan is very much like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, even Afghanistan. Lacking a thorough domestic structure which complements and feeds the national set up and allows genuine player development. Unfortunately PSL is the closest thing but is as much a curse as a couple of good performances will fast track you into the national team without the experience to back it up.

Consider two players not in the above four. Ishant sharma and Mitchell Johnson. Look at how they were erratic but developed and for a while were spearheads of their attacks but when they were not performing see how they were quickly dropped. But Australia had starc, hazel wood and Cummins waiting in the wings. India followed up with Bumrah and now Siraj.

But We grind our struggling players down in every format until they get injured and then wonder why we don’t have any bowlers. All of them get injured or out of form but we treat them like little princes. Unable to let go. The less said about the batters the better. Regardless there needs to be a large squad with good rotation

No coach can come and work wonders. Just enjoy Pak cricket for the mediocrity that it is that occasionally sparkles. It’s just a game.

Pakistan is a distinctly average team consistently ranked 4,5,6 in test and odi. I don’t really care for t20’s. Occasionally there will be a bit of an uptick in the rankings and they might get to 1 or 2 but this is purely a statistical anomaly. They might even fluke a performance in a icc tournament.

You might think their lack of achievement is because of poor strike rates or because of lack of penetrative bowlers or failure of a coach but no this only papers over the cracks.

Pakistan is very much like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, even Afghanistan. Lacking a thorough domestic structure which complements and feeds the national set up and allows genuine player development. Unfortunately PSL is the closest thing but is as much a curse as a couple of good performances will fast track you into the national team without the experience to back it up.

Consider two players not in the above four. Ishant sharma and Mitchell Johnson. Look at how they were erratic but developed and for a while were spearheads of their attacks but when they were not performing see how they were quickly dropped. But Australia had starc, hazel wood and Cummins waiting in the wings. India followed up with Bumrah and now Siraj.

But We grind our struggling players down in every format until they get injured and then wonder why we don’t have any bowlers. All of them get injured or out of form but we treat them like little princes. Unable to let go. The less said about the batters the better. Regardless there needs to be a large squad with good rotation

No coach can come and work wonders. Just enjoy Pak cricket for the mediocrity that it is that occasionally sparkles. It’s just a game.
So the solution is to be forever medicore?

I guess so. Never even try to improve
People need to ask why we weren't medicore in 2017.

The whole fluke logic doesn't work, I don't think people understand what fluke means.

Fluke is akin to me randomly selecting options on an mcq paper despite never preparing and getting high marks.

Pakistan vs England and India thrashing weren't flukes. Team was switched on and mentally ready

By this logic afgh beating Pakistan in 2023 was a fluke?

So the solution is to be forever medicore?
I think you need to read my post again rather than rushing to reply. I’ve been watching Pak cricket a lot longer than you. 1987 to be precise. Pak cricket will have odd moments of brilliance but they will always revert back to Mediocrity unless THEY IMPROVE THEIR WHOLE CRICKETING SYSTEM and not start doing the BHANGRA just because they win the odd series or tournament or match.

Little tweaks with the line up make no difference. A coach, a batsman a bowler is not enough.

I gave you examples of Sri Lanka to name but one. From 1996-2005 they were brilliant. But there was a steady decline about 10 years ago.

English cricket was also awful in the 90’s. They didn’t just tinker with the edges they made wholesale changes and now they are very strong.

These are two examples of where it can go wrong or right.

Pak need to do the same IN ORDER TO IMPROVE. Your post, or any post that suggests we were good because we won 1 icc tournament is inherently flawed. We may win here and there but teams now have so much knowledge of the game and so much cricket is played that you can’t just fluke a win.

Bowlers need pinpoint accuracy. Batsmen need to read the game every minute and have a range of strokes. Coaches need to work out opposition, mental toughness and physical strength need to be part of the game. The list goes on.

As per a report.

Would that be a good decision? or a disastrous one for Pakistan cricket leading into the T20 World Cup?

Misbah's previous stint as Head Coach:

On 4 September 2019, Misbah was appointed as the head coach for Pakistan cricket team as well as chief selector on a 3-year contract. This is the first time someone had simultaneously held both positions in Pakistan cricket.

This started well for Misbah who won the One-day international series 2–0. But then in the T20 series Sri Lanka pulled off a shock result and whitewashed Pakistan.[50] Afterwards he led the team in Australia where they lost the test series 2–0.

In October 2020, he resigned as chief selector of Pakistan national cricket team.[53] His first tour as just the head coach came against New Zealand where Pakistan were beaten 2–0.

After this he led Pakistan to their first Test series win against South Africa since 2003.

On 6 September 2021, Misbah resigned as the head coach of Pakistan.
Haha no surprise but still laughable hkw the corrupt Misbah always finds a way back

I think you need to read my post again rather than rushing to reply. I’ve been watching Pak cricket a lot longer than you. 1987 to be precise. Pak cricket will have odd moments of brilliance but they will always revert back to Mediocrity unless THEY IMPROVE THEIR WHOLE CRICKETING SYSTEM and not start doing the BHANGRA just because they win the odd series or tournament or match.

Little tweaks with the line up make no difference. A coach, a batsman a bowler is not enough.

I gave you examples of Sri Lanka to name but one. From 1996-2005 they were brilliant. But there was a steady decline about 10 years ago.

English cricket was also awful in the 90’s. They didn’t just tinker with the edges they made wholesale changes and now they are very strong.

These are two examples of where it can go wrong or right.

Pak need to do the same IN ORDER TO IMPROVE. Your post, or any post that suggests we were good because we won 1 icc tournament is inherently flawed. We may win here and there but teams now have so much knowledge of the game and so much cricket is played that you can’t just fluke a win.

Bowlers need pinpoint accuracy. Batsmen need to read the game every minute and have a range of strokes. Coaches need to work out opposition, mental toughness and physical strength need to be part of the game. The list goes on.
If you watched Pak team before 1987 and really understood test cricket no way would anyone with cricketing knowledge would suppirt Misbah style cowardly captaincy which has been adopted by Babar, Sarfaraz and Azhar ali before him

If you watched Pak team before 1987 and really understood test cricket no way would anyone with cricketing knowledge would suppirt Misbah style cowardly captaincy which has been adopted by Babar, Sarfaraz and Azhar ali before him

Yes because we have a rich history of test captains taking us to #1 or making an adopted home as a fortress. How many of these captains flexed push-ups at the home of cricket where we faced one of our greatest walks of shame with 3 of our best players getting banned?

You say cowardly yet the reality is that he was a realist and got the best out of our limited resources.

Changing the system is a long process but people in our country use it as an excuse to justify poor results. Someone who genuinely wants to make a difference and change things will do so regardless of the system.

Dhoni and Kohli operated under the same system and had the same set of players. But under Kohli's aggressive philosophy he was able to get a lot more out of the fast bowlers who had played under Dhoni and hence achieved a series win in Australia twice in a row something that was unthinkable a few years ago.

Misbah Ul Haq is just not suitable to be a coach atm. No matter what he says on TV, when it comes to real tes, he fails. Not saying that he cannot improve but he needs some qualifications and experience before he is asked to be the coach again.

Changing the system in Pakistan is not possible and we know it very well why. PCB is being poorly managed and we have all seen the comical stuff that ahs happened in the past few months, so let's just say that we should not talk about changing system rather than just keep unqualified and inexperienced people away for now.

Misbah Ul Haq is just not suitable to be a coach atm. No matter what he says on TV, when it comes to real tes, he fails. Not saying that he cannot improve but he needs some qualifications and experience before he is asked to be the coach again.

Changing the system in Pakistan is not possible and we know it very well why. PCB is being poorly managed and we have all seen the comical stuff that ahs happened in the past few months, so let's just say that we should not talk about changing system rather than just keep unqualified and inexperienced people away for now.
Misbah was never suited to be a coach or even be on TV for that matter

Misbah was never suited to be a coach or even be on TV for that matter
On TV everyone talked like a philosopher who knows in and out of the team but the real test comes when you have to work in that tough environment. Misbah said some good stuff on TV about players that sound pretty technical but when it comes to real game, he was below par. He should get more qualifications and experience before he even thinks about being a part of this system again.

On TV everyone talked like a philosopher who knows in and out of the team but the real test comes when you have to work in that tough environment. Misbah said some good stuff on TV about players that sound pretty technical but when it comes to real game, he was below par. He should get more qualifications and experience before he even thinks about being a part of this system again.
No he does not say good stuff on TV, he says the obvious.

First he claimed babar and rizwan are the best opening duo and he even appointed them.

Then when rizwan got shifted down and babar got shifted down, he said the best combo is a left hand right combo, like ues genius that's what Pakistan just tried?

Then during the wc after getting exposed he said Pakistan has been playing c and d teams so we are not No 1. Like yes bro, all of Pakistan has been saying so.

Then when nawaz and shadab got exposed in the cup and hafeez claimed that abrar had to be taken and imad had an ego and didn't trust the teak but if he didn't I wanted him in the squad as well, Misbah says Oh we should have played a specialist spinner in abrar.

All he does is repeat things others have said or says the most obvious thing fans on twitter have been saying in months.

How many people on PP claimed we aren't no 1 and stat padded against b/c sides before Misbah claimed it during the wc?

First he claimed babar and rizwan are the best opening duo and he even appointed them.

There's no doubt about this, they have the records backing it up

Then when rizwan got shifted down and babar got shifted down, he said the best combo is a left hand right combo, like ues genius that's what Pakistan just tried?

He brought back Sharjeel a left hander and a power hitter as an opener just before he was ousted. Pakistan resorted back to RizBar after Misbah

Then during the wc after getting exposed he said Pakistan has been playing c and d teams so we are not No 1. Like yes bro, all of Pakistan has been saying so.

His comments came on Oct 5th way before we were exposed in the WC. Our downfall and loss against India was on Oct 14th. And you agreed with it back then so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove now.

Agree with misbah 100%. Everyone was so happy about no 1 rankings. NZ D team managed to beat us in the 5th odi, a no 1 team should be white washing.

Same with Aus D team, they shouldn't get one victory.

Then when nawaz and shadab got exposed in the cup and hafeez claimed that abrar had to be taken and imad had an ego and didn't trust the teak but if he didn't I wanted him in the squad as well, Misbah says Oh we should have played a specialist spinner in abrar.

He's always preferred specialist spinners not because Hafeez said it.

All he does is repeat things others have said or says the most obvious thing fans on twitter have been saying in months.

How many people on PP claimed we aren't no 1 and stat padded against b/c sides before Misbah claimed it during the wc?

Again he said it before we were 'exposed'

There's no doubt about this, they have the records backing it up

He brought back Sharjeel a left hander and a power hitter as an opener just before he was ousted. Pakistan resorted back to RizBar after Misbah

His comments came on Oct 5th way before we were exposed in the WC. Our downfall and loss against India was on Oct 14th. And you agreed with it back then so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove now.

He's always preferred specialist spinners not because Hafeez said it.

Again he said it before we were 'exposed'
I argue because it is my duty to ensure that the truth is spread and I will not stop this battle until everyone is unanimously united for the cause of playing for the crest on their chest and supporting a team that plays for the crest on their chest. You should know by now how stubborn I am when it comes to truth seeking and spreading.

Bro it still happened after asia cup, asia cup is where we got exposed lol.

Yes they resorted back because Babar had now been infected by milestones and misbah's brain washing. Theirs a reason this man brings himself as an opener again.

As for me, I state the obvious because the truth is obvious but some will deny the truth, as I said I have solemnly sworn an oath.

But for the specialist spinners part I agree. But he did say it after hafeez. Regardless this part I agree, Misbah was such a huge fannofnapin that he in one game played 5 spinners and one pacer 😂.

I argue because it is my duty to ensure that the truth is spread and I will not stop this battle until everyone is unanimously united for the cause of playing for the crest on their chest and supporting a team that plays for the crest on their chest. You should know by now how stubborn I am when it comes to truth seeking and spreading.

Bro it still happened after asia cup, asia cup is where we got exposed lol.

Yes they resorted back because Babar had now been infected by milestones and misbah's brain washing. Theirs a reason this man brings himself as an opener again.

As for me, I state the obvious because the truth is obvious but some will deny the truth, as I said I have solemnly sworn an oath.

But for the specialist spinners part I agree. But he did say it after hafeez. Regardless this part I agree, Misbah was such a huge fannofnapin that this idiot in one game played 5 spinners and one pacer 😂.

So along with your omen to spread what you believe is the truth you will do whatever it takes to impose your opinion, including making up stuff? What good is that sort of truth. All you're doing is creating fiction between the fan bases. Rather than worrying about the players playing for the crest, it's best as a fan to get behind the crest no matter what team we play. Support them all rather than just your favourites

So along with your omen to spread what you believe is the truth you will do whatever it takes to impose your opinion, including making up stuff? What good is that sort of truth. All you're doing is creating fiction between the fan bases. Rather than worrying about the players playing for the crest, it's best as a fan to get behind the crest no matter what team we play. Support them all rather than just your favourites
Never, I will not support people who don't play for the crest on their chest or insult actual legends by claiming their the Bradman of t20 cricket.

I have never made up any stuff in my life. Misbah and babar imprisoned and brainwashed the team, created this culture and anyone who opposed were given a harsh treatment.

I have seen these 2 lie publicly on multiple occasions with babar even lying yesterday and disagreeing with azhar Mehmood who was speaking the truth about what happened during overs 7-15.

The false saviour who underneath their masks are nothing more then destroyers.

No he does not say good stuff on TV, he says the obvious.

He also said Rizwan the captain is like Dhoni

Then he backtracked from that statement too having seen the backlash

I don’t think I ever said I support Misbah or any persons cowerdly captaincy. There are some simple facts. If you have Aizaz cheema ir Tanvir Ahmed as your openining bowlers in the UAE then there is very little impact you can have as a captain.

If your opening bowlers like SSA struggles to get his ball to the wicket keeper or shadab can’t land the ball on the strip then there is nothing you can do as a captain. The defensiveness comes from knowing you have a team that is failing to make an impact.

Changing the system is a long process but people in our country use it as an excuse to justify poor results. Someone who genuinely wants to make a difference and change things will do so regardless of the system.

Dhoni and Kohli operated under the same system and had the same set of players. But under Kohli's aggressive philosophy he was able to get a lot more out of the fast bowlers who had played under Dhoni and hence achieved a series win in Australia twice in a row something that was unthinkable a few years ago.
It takes about 10 years to change a cricketing system and culture. Let’s look at India.

From about 2000-2005 they were a little lost despite having the best batters in the world. Yes they got Dhoni around 2005. But by 2010 they were a solid gelled team with great support staff. The best personnel didn’t make that much of a difference (Duncan fletcher, Greg Chappell SRT)

What made a difference was Kirsten, shastri, dravid in junior role, kohli who was nurtured since he was 11, lots of money from the board , kumble as selector, Prasad as bowling coach. So the whole culture was overhauled because of the failures of the period 2000-2005. IPL obviously helped

Of course you can’t compare the 5th richest economy with the 45th. A lot of this has to do with resources. But you can’t also think 1 coach or 1 captain will make a difference.

Pak need a first class system that challenges and develops players. Selectors that are good and a coach who understands how to work on players with good man management skills. There is no point in thinking that because Andy flower was great in England he would be as good in Pak for example. (Duncan Fletcher was awful for India) Dav Whatmore was great for SL but not so much for Pak.

To be honest I would rather see misbah back with a long term view on what changes he wants to bring into the system.

He also said Rizwan the captain is like Dhoni

Then he backtracked from that statement too having seen the backlash

When did Misbah backtrack? He was unfazed when Fakhar e Alam (the anchor) took a dig at him "that you would know best" and continued making the comparison. The comment was about Rizwan using his part timers well for Multan, which is accurate

When did Misbah backtrack? He was unfazed when Fakhar e Alam (the anchor) took a dig at him "that you would know best" and continued making the comparison. The comment was about Rizwan using his part timers well for Multan, which is accurate
He made a explanatory comment in a follow up show, look for it

I have never made up any stuff in my life. Misbah and babar imprisoned and brainwashed the team, created this culture and anyone who opposed were given a harsh treatment.

Come on you just made up two comments earlier that I corrected you on: the timeline of Misbah's comments on rankings not being important and his love for spinners.

Explaining doesn't mean backtracking but I'll take your word for it
So you recon Misbah genuinely believes Rizwan is the Dhoni of Pakistan? I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. You don’t want to it seems

So you recon Misbah genuinely believes Rizwan is the Dhoni of Pakistan? I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. You don’t want to it seems

He made a comparison as to how well he uses part timers like Dhoni did. It's one aspect of the game that they have similarities. He's obviously not comparing their power game if that's what you're getting at

He made a comparison as to how well he uses part timers like Dhoni did. It's one aspect of the game that they have similarities. He's obviously not comparing their power game if that's what you're getting at
That makes Sarfaraz like Dhoni too?

Come on you just made up two comments earlier that I corrected you on: the timeline of Misbah's comments on rankings not being important and his love for spinners.
Nope, I said asia cup and my spinners comments was about him stating it after hafeez aka being a captain obvious.

I don't make stuff up, Misbah does on TV 100%

He is only in cricket right now so he can bring his son to international side.

I don’t think I ever said I support Misbah or any persons cowerdly captaincy. There are some simple facts. If you have Aizaz cheema ir Tanvir Ahmed as your openining bowlers in the UAE then there is very little impact you can have as a captain.

If your opening bowlers like SSA struggles to get his ball to the wicket keeper or shadab can’t land the ball on the strip then there is nothing you can do as a captain. The defensiveness comes from knowing you have a team that is failing to make an impact.
who do you think was the one that kept selecting medium pace bowlers, it was Misbah he had full control over selections as long as he included the politicians favorites in the team. He could not even handle an attacking minded bowler like Junaid Khan or his own meesna buddy Wahab Riaz he used poorly. Not saying we had express quick bowlers but we did have more attacking bowlers in domestic then Rahat Ali and Aizaz Cheema

PCB contacted Misbah for a 3rd stint after being linked with World cup winners like Kirsten and Gillespie that's akin to rumours of offering roles to Roberto Mancini and Didier Deschamps and at the end appointing Steve Bruce , our journey continues in circle and another aspect Is that it took PCB only 80 odd overs to realise that Azhar Mehmood is not suited for Head Coach role

Misbah got all this respect for restoring Pakistan's reputation post spot fixing. But in retirement he has lost his marbles and sort to undo the repair job, in fact he is not too far removed from causing as much damage. His reputation is in tatters. He was once lauded for being a figure of calm, but when father time came calling, he just doesn't want to go, he's afraid of stepping away from the spotlight; I don't think he has many hobbies outside of cricket, ruining lives for sport keeps him entertained. Somebody ought to tell him that the party is over.

tumblr_na7u1dINun1tivkh4o8_r1_250.gif

Misbah got all this respect for restoring Pakistan's reputation post spot fixing. But in retirement he has lost his marbles and sort to undo the repair job, in fact he is not too far removed from causing as much damage. His reputation is in tatters. He was once lauded for being a figure of calm, but when father time came calling, he just doesn't want to go, he's afraid of stepping away from the spotlight; I don't think he has many hobbies outside of cricket, ruining lives for sport keeps him entertained. Somebody ought to tell him that the party is over.

View attachment 143390
I think anyone could’ve restored Pakistan cricket after those spot fixing..Misbah bringing in Umar akmal back to international showed how misbah is 😂. Can’t forget when Misbah appointed Azhar ali for captain ODI team.\\

View attachment 143390
Can I just say something. This restore reputation thing is a myth.

First of after the events of 2009 and 2010, Misbah had zero involvement in anything, The media was asking Pakistan to be banned from cricket in totality and we lost our hosting rights in 2011.

However afridi captained in 2011 and we reached the semi final and was viewed as a strong and respected tournament team.

After misbah became captain, the whole turning uae into a fortress wasn't his decison, their was no other choice but to have iae be pur host country for a while. It wasn't a choice or nesseisty.

Lastly players that misbah himself brought like nasir jamshed, Sharjeel, yasir shah, Ahmed shehzad, Umar akmal.

^^ All these players ended up fixing, Causing social media drama or get involved with rape cases.

The same thing happens now as well with this social media drama, Dhani outbursts etc.

Misbah didn't turn anything into a fortress nor did the fixing, banning etc stop. It just died down because after the 2009 attack, the Pakistani government started taking security extremly seriously and stopped being laid back.

You can appreciate misbah for his services to his country in red ball cricket. But for white ball cricket, coach and selector it's utter cap.

Same case with uae as a fortress and bringing respect back to the nation. India still hates us and doesn't want us. IPL still overshadows us causing NZ to send a subpar team. And alot of players outright refuse to even come to Pakistan to this day preferring to opt you and leave the series.

It's just as time has gone on and on, nations have healed and started appreciating the country's security efforts. Please don't hold misbah as rhe reason why we went to uae or why the government amped its security.

He gets credit for his services to red ball cricket. That's it. No wonky arguments about him turning uae into a fortress or bringing respect to a nation that many nations don't take seriously.

Pakistan won't be taken seriously unless it becomes a superpower like India, Australia, England and developed countries.

View attachment 143390
I've seen the Aussies call people like him "nuffy" which I think means obsessed cricket nerd.

I've met him a few times. You are right he probably doesn't have many hobbies outside of cricket...but he's quite switched on, articulate and bright.

International management/coaching isn't for him though. It isn't for everyone.

Perhaps he can be the Gary Neville of Pak cricket and accept he isn't a manager but give good insights on TV.

I've seen the Aussies call people like him "nuffy" which I think means obsessed cricket nerd.

I've met him a few times. You are right he probably doesn't have many hobbies outside of cricket...but he's quite switched on, articulate and bright.

Perhaps he can be the Gary Neville of Pak cricket and accept he isn't a manager but give good insights on TV.
you met him, you should share us the stories

you met him, you should share us the stories
There isn't much really to share, was formal events so nothing too personal was shared.

I've met most of the older batch and despite his shenanigans ( and I've criticized him a few times) there is nobody like Younis Khan.

I don't get this misbah brought respect back to Pakistan cricket?

We already were a decent team in 2011? He bothcrd mohali?

In red ball cricket sure but in White ball?

Uae wasn't his decision their was no other option, any captain would have been forced to play their..

And he didn't end banning, or fixing. In fact players introduced in his era fixed more then the sarfi era.

Jamshed, Sharjeel, Yasir shah(Rape case), Shehzad and akmal( Didn't fix but media drama bazi), all these guys were introduced in misbah era and became this way. His team also had chuckers who got banned

In fact the sarfi era you had zero incidents of fixing or cake videos which were present in the Misbah era.

This Misbah saviour fantasy narrative needs to end. He was useless as a captain, Useless as a coach, was so bad in t20 thay even pcb who fan boys him 24/7, had to boot him out.

2010, Amir, Butt, Asif.
That's not relevant. Before misbah we had afridi as a captain who took the team to the semi final and got removed by the strongest team of the tournament.

After that misbah had zero claims for UAE, the team was going to the UAE regardless after 2009 attack.

He also didn't end fixing or drama bazi or shady cases in his era.

Sharjeel, Yasir shah, Umar akmal and shehzad drama bazi, YK drama bazi in 2015, Nasir jamshed are all from misbah's era, their not as bad as Butt, Amir and Asif as they didn't get the same harsh media attention but they fixed. Misbah didn't fix anything.

Infact misbah also had chuckers play in his era that got banned and removed.

I don't get why misbah gets the credit for bringing respect back when the whole ban being lifted, psl coming home, and lesser and lesser drama bazi happened dueing sarfi's era as captain not misbah.

Infact Misbah went out of his way to bring back akmal and shehzad in 2019 deapite them having a history of disrespecting the Pakistan unit.

That's not relevant. Before misbah we had afridi as a captain who took the team to the semi final and got removed by the strongest team of the tournament.

After that misbah had zero claims for UAE, the team was going to the UAE regardless after 2009 attack.

He also didn't end fixing or drama bazi or shady cases in his era.

Sharjeel, Yasir shah, Umar akmal and shehzad drama bazi, YK drama bazi in 2015, Nasir jamshed are all from misbah's era, their not as bad as Butt, Amir and Asif as they didn't get the same harsh media attention but they fixed. Misbah didn't fix anything.

Infact misbah also had chuckers play in his era that got banned and removed.

I don't get why misbah gets the credit for bringing respect back when the whole ban being lifted, psl coming home, and lesser and lesser drama bazi happened dueing sarfi's era as captain not misbah.

Infact Misbah went out of his way to bring back akmal and shehzad in 2019 deapite them having a history of disrespecting the Pakistan unit.

It is relevant.

Afridi ran off from captaincy during 2010 visit when he should have confronted Amir etc.

Misbah brought dignity back to Pakistan cricket when we were the laughing stocks of the world, and just because we weren't watching cricket in 2010 etc is no excuse to forget that debt.

Whether he was an astute captain/player etc is another discussion and you can talk about that, fine.

It is relevant.

Afridi ran off from captaincy during 2010 visit when he should have confronted Amir etc.

Misbah brought dignity back to Pakistan cricket when we were the laughing stocks of the world, and just because we weren't watching cricket in 2010 etc is no excuse to forget that debt.

Whether he was an astute captain/player etc is another discussion and you can talk about that, fine.
We are still laughing stocks of the world. Nothing has changed besides sena relaxing a bit.

India still wants to ban us from totality, still have an ipl ban on us and still believes they can't travel because they don't support terrorism.

For PSL during its early years, when the final was held in Pakistan, the entire Quetta team walked out including the likes of Kevin pieterson etc etc.

Throughout his era no one wanted to travel to Pakistan. Infact the whole world after 2015 viewed us as a minnow nation that would probably lose its test rank soon.(Although I doubt ICC would pull the plug)

2017 saved us and hence had the slogan from no 8 to champions.

We were still laughing stocks under his era, all he achieved was some delusional belief amongst pakistani crowd that at the very least we can be considered a good red ball nation but otherwise no one takes us seriously.

We are still laughing stocks of the world. Nothing has changed besides sena relaxing a bit.

India still wants to ban us from totality, still have an ipl ban on us and still believes they can't travel because they don't support terrorism.

For PSL during its early years, when the final was held in Pakistan, the entire Quetta team walked out including the likes of Kevin pieterson etc etc.

Throughout his era no one wanted to travel to Pakistan. Infact the whole world after 2015 viewed us as a minnow nation that would probably lose its test rank soon.(Although I doubt ICC would pull the plug)

2017 saved us and hence had the slogan from no 8 to champions.

We were still laughing stocks under his era, all he achieved was some delusional belief amongst pakistani crowd that at the very least we can be considered a good red ball nation but otherwise no one takes us seriously.

Ok I feel you didn't quiet follow 2010 so no point me discussing this.

Yes, but my parents did, and they share the same sentiment that I do.

I would agree with you if Fixing, chucking, Drama bazi ended in his era but it didn't.

Regardless, I'll let the convo rest here.

People who forget the history are doomed to repeat it. Erase it at your own peril.

Pakistan were in trouble when Misbah took charge. He led the team with dignity and bought respect back to the team.

People who forget the history are doomed to repeat it. Erase it at your own peril.

Pakistan were in trouble when Misbah took charge. He led the team with dignity and bought respect back to the team.
Did Pakistan win any ICC trophy under misbah?

Did match fixing(Jamsehd, Sharjeel), Rape cases (Yasir shah), Drama bazi (YK, Shehzad and akmal) end? In fact as coach he went out of his way to bring akmal and shehzad back despite all of pcb disagreeing due to their attitude, yet for some reason people are praising misbah for being forgiving lol.

Did chucking end?

Did cricket return to Pakistan under his era?

No? Then what dignity did he restore? He got the no 1 test rank, but don't act as if he's some messiah who restored respect.

I've studied in UK, Live in Australia, Visited NZ and have viewed their cricket culture. These 3 countries don't view Pakistan as anything more then a minnow, India refuses to acknowledge Pakistan and views it as a terrorist country.

Misbah did nothing in this regard.

P]]]

I missed alot during that era and my memory is really bad.

What did misbah do?

All I remember misbah become captain and just kept his head down

P]]]

I missed alot during that era and my memory is really bad.

What did misbah do?

All I remember misbah become captain and just kept his head down
Just make a list of dramebazi done by any of the Pakistani player or captain ever. Its an extensive list.

Misbah didn't do any of that.

:boom:

Did Pakistan win any ICC trophy under misbah?

Did match fixing(Jamsehd, Sharjeel), Rape cases (Yasir shah), Drama bazi (YK, Shehzad and akmal) end? In fact as coach he went out of his way to bring akmal and shehzad back despite all of pcb disagreeing due to their attitude, yet for some reason people are praising misbah for being forgiving lol.

Did chucking end?

Did cricket return to Pakistan under his era?

No? Then what dignity did he restore? He got the no 1 test rank, but don't act as if he's some messiah who restored respect.

I've studied in UK, Live in Australia, Visited NZ and have viewed their cricket culture. These 3 countries don't view Pakistan as anything more then a minnow, India refuses to acknowledge Pakistan and views it as a terrorist country.

Misbah did nothing in this regard.
Answer is no.

But those things aren't Misbah's or any one leaders responsibility.

You know this. You just want to pass your time trolling on PP. I can respect that. :misbah

Just make a list of dramebazi done by any of the Pakistani player or captain ever. Its an extensive list.

Are you kidding?

I still remember his KYA MEIN CHOCKEI NAHI MARTA meltdown.

Answer is no.

But those things aren't Misbah's or any one leaders responsibility.

You know this. You just want to pass your time trolling on PP. I can respect that. :misbah
How am I trolling?

You said misbah brought honor and dignity back after spot fixing.

I'm asking how? So far not a single person on this forumn has actually answered my questions. In fact you yourself claimed he didn't contribute or end anything.

So how has he brought dignity back? Kindly answer.

How am I trolling?

I'm asking how? So far not a single person on this forumn has actually answered my questions. In fact you yourself claimed he didn't contribute or end anything.

Let's agree to end this meaningless conv. I can't explain "dignity" to you.

You will get there if -God forbid- you experience some real hardship.

How am I trolling?

They never watched the matches of his only refresh cricinfo. We woke up early as die hard cricket fans have more knowledge Thn them Misbah lovers

Let's agree to end this meaningless conv. I can't explain "dignity" to you.

You will get there if -God forbid- you experience some real hardship.
More like just like everyone else you can't explain anything and are hiding behind false notions that your mummy or daddy must have told you.

I ask you again, How has misbah restored Dignity when

- Pakistan never won an icc trophy under him

- FIXING, drama bazi, Chucking banning, rape cases all happened in his era, In fact misbah went out of his way to bring akmal, Shehzad back in 2019 despite pcb arguing otherwise due to their attitude and even went so far as to bring YK back.

- Actively tried to keep sarfi out by claiming jamshed didn't get chances deapite jamshed failing to get double digit scores and had been a failure for over a year while sarfi top scored with the highest avg and sr against Australia In 2014 odi series.

- India still hates us and views us as terrorists while SENA views us as a minnow nation not worth their time

^^ Based of all of this, where is the dignity when no country respects us and a vast majority hate misbah and despise him besides a few ignorant people on PP?

Just look at YouTube comment sections or anytime this moron speaks on tv? Just view the 1000+ comments he gets daily.

My response was specifically to the bolded and italicized points you made.

Having followed most of the series since the late '90s and virtually every one since 2010, I'm trying to pinpoint what actions he took to restore dignity and respect.

The most notable instance that comes to mind is his him doing push-ups in England and aiming to draw every series to avoid losses. I even recall him playing a test match at a strike rate of less than 2, possibly even under 1 run per over so we don't lose .

My response was specifically to the bolded and italicized points you made.

Having followed most of the series since the late '90s and virtually every one since 2010, I'm trying to pinpoint what actions he took to restore dignity and respect.

The most notable instance that comes to mind is his him doing push-ups in England and aiming to draw every series to avoid losses. I even recall him playing a test match at a strike rate of less than 2, possibly even under 1 run per over so we don't lose .

It was his persona.

The amount of praise he got for his calm attitude was amazing. Once again, you are banking on the fact that time's gone by and we have forgotten how hopeless our situation was when the story broke of Amir's ghadari.

It was his persona.

The amount of praise he got for his calm attitude was amazing. Once again, you are banking on the fact that time's gone by and we have forgotten how hopeless our situation was when the story broke of Amir's ghadari.
I appreciate his calm attitude for during that period But it's nothing out of the box he did, he just put his head down and got on with his job and picked up his pay check at the end of the month. something anyone could have done really.

So basically he was just lucky to be at the right place at the right time

But the question remains the same what did he that no one else would have done to restore the dignity of pakistan and bring back respect?

In reality we started being respected after amir was back in the side and won the ct17 but it doesn't fit alot of people's agenda so they are just trying to downplay that and trying to give misbah credit

Its ridiculous how there are people around that were not there and have the audacity to make fun of Misbah's achievement.

My favourite image from the Misbah era was him and Cook walking out during the 2016 series, that was an iconic image.

Its ridiculous how there are people around that were not there and have the audacity to make fun of Misbah's achievement.

My favourite image from the Misbah era was him and Cook walking out during the 2016 series, that was an iconic image.
Who's making fun of who?

First I asked how Misbah brought dignity back.

- Multiple posters answered "He brought It back after Fixing era and turned UAE into a fortress"

- Then I responded with the fact that fixing, Chucking, banning, rape cases etc didn't end in his era and he went out of his way to actually bring akmal and shehzad back even when pcb protested due to their attitude and suprise suprise they still have attitude problems.

- Posters then responded with UAE

- I responded with the fact that UAE was pub's decison and any captain was forced to go along with it, infact Furing early psl days, Quetta team walked put due to not wanting to play in Pakistan.

- Posters then responded with he brought dignity back internationally.

- I responded with no as India still labels us a terrorist country and all of SENA views us as a minnow.

- Posters then said well Misbah was chill, cool and calm.

- I responded with no he has had multiple meltdowns as a coach and captain, his most famous being " KYA MEIN CHOKEI NAHI MARTA" infact ironically babar has less of an attitude on press media then Misbah does

- After this Everyone here just said well you weren't around for 2010 so sucks to be you.

- I responded with no but my parents were and not only do they share the same sentiment, I started following from 2011, Misbah came in 2012 as captain and I saw his entire era.

- Then Posters responded with, you won't understand the emotions.

Literally no one, not a single soul has actually been able to give me a proper answer as to HOW he brought dignity back. He did no such thing.

I'm waiting for a proper answer, because every other answer is either a lie that can be disproven by proper citations or isn't even related to Misbah.

No one is making fun of anyone, misbah isn't a god that can't be questioned. I'm questioning his achievements and if his fans are choosing to ignore me or call me a troll and aren't actually Able to provide me answers then sorry, you guys are just being disingenuous with yourself, like you major are being with your chacha narrative atm.

no point in discussion if you havent watched something and were not there to live it and know the whole context of it.

That would be like me bashing Javed Miandad

Listening to people from here and there and making up your mind on the basis of that is never the way to go. Misbah has nothing to do with that fixing case or rape cases etc. He is the most successful captain in red-ball format for Pakistan and that is his only achienvement IMO. I don't rate him high in white ball format.

no point in discussion if you havent watched something and were not there to live it and know the whole context of it.

That would be like me bashing Javed Miandad
Ik the entire context of 2012(the day misbah arrived) till now. So please tell me what I've missed.

@Rana Knows it even more then me and has probably been watching cricket longer then you, according to him, Brian lara 2003 was the greatest wc innings he's watched so at the very least he has knowledge from 2003 onwards.

Yet he doesn't share the same viewpoint? The same can be said for various other posters like Dr bassim etc?

I was their for the entire ear from 2011 onwards lol. I think you just don't want to discuss with me because you don't have any way of counterarguing me.

Look Here's the reality, Misbah is a double edges sword, uplifted red ball cricket and destroyed whiteball cricket. In terms of restroing dignity he had zero impact on SENA and India.

Infact until sarfi came along I remember having discussions with people who no longer wanted to watch cricket since they felt that Pakistan being ranked no 9, getting whitewashed by Bangladesh was ultimately the end for Pakistan cricket and they were blaming Misbah 24/7.

That's why I'm suprised why Misbah is supported here. Everyone irl that I've met universally hates him if you're a Pakistani or if you're an Australian have no clue who he is due to him being useless and recordless in Whiteball

Back