Russell Brand accused of rape and sexual assault

WicketLord

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Comedian and actor Russell Brand has been accused of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse during a seven-year period at the height of his fame.

The allegations were made in a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.

Four women are alleging sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013.

Brand has denied the allegations and said his relationships have been "always consensual".

During the years covered by the allegations, Brand had various high-profile jobs at different times, including at BBC Radio 2 and Channel 4, and as an actor in Hollywood films.

Other claims made as part of the investigation include allegations about Brand's controlling, abusive and predatory behaviour.

The investigation has been published on the Sunday Times website, while the Dispatches documentary, Russell Brand - In Plain Sight, will air at 21:00 BST on Channel 4.

Several women have made allegations against Brand as part of the investigation. Channel 4's head of news and current affairs Louisa Compton said four of the women had alleged sexual assault.

On Friday, Russell Brand released a video in which he denied "serious criminal allegations" he said were about to be made against him.

The actor and comedian said he had received letters from a TV company and newspaper, containing "a litany" of "aggressive attacks".

In the video, posted on YouTube and X, formerly known as Twitter, Brand said: "Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute.

"These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies, and as I've written about extensively in my books I was very, very promiscuous.

"Now during that time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely, always consensual."

Brand said he believed he was the subject of a "co-ordinated attack" and he was going to look into the matter because it was "very, very serious".

The Sunday Times said all the women felt ready to speak only after being approached by reporters. The newspaper said several felt compelled to do so given Brand's newfound prominence as an online wellness influencer.

Most of the women, who the Times said do not know each other, have chosen to remain anonymous.

BBC

I really hope it's not true, Russel is a great comedian, but with 4 alleged victims coming out against him maybe there is some merit

We have seen this pattern before.

Anyone who speaks against the establishment or narrative is accused of crimes with the sole purpose to take them off the grid!

Yep the Russell Brand who has millions of follower worldwide. The person who has called out the vaccine lies, the ukraine war propaganda and is against tyranny by western regimes.

Whether its Imran Khan in Pak, Trump, Assange, Tate or anyone who talks against the narrative is attacked and taken out.

Some people think they live in the free world :ROFLMAO:

Yep the Russell Brand who has millions of follower worldwide. The person who has called out the vaccine lies, the ukraine war propaganda and is against tyranny by western regimes.

Whether its Imran Khan in Pak, Trump, Assange, Tate or anyone who talks against the narrative is attacked and taken out.

Some people think they live in the free world :ROFLMAO:

Can't one be both: anti narrative and yet a rapist?

Can't one be both: anti narrative and yet a rapist?

I doubt these allegations will get anywhere, he is smart.

If you had 6 million followers on Youtube and daily exposed the criminals in power, you'd be arrested for some made up charge too.

I believe him. Don’t think this guy is stupid enough to do things as he is accused of.

He always gave the vibes of being a psychotic gay serial killer. I’m surprised the allegations have been made by a woman which means i was little bit wrong about him.

I believe him. Don’t think this guy is stupid enough to do things as he is accused of.

As per him he had a promiscuous lifestyle but nothing of this sort happened - I tend to believe him - he would not be stupid.

I believe him.

His past is well documented and was also supported and encouraged by the media

In fact the Sun named an award for promiscuity after him and they would give it to people who had been in the news for promiscuous behaviour!

The women also only came forward after being contacted by journalists.

During the late 90s and early 00s the showbiz media loved and encouraged this type of behaviour.

Now 20 years later the women are sudde it realising it was wrong....

If the women are found to be lying then they should be sent to jail for life.

I would also think about a severe punishment for the head of Channel 4 news. For many decades now, the media operators have been promoting controversies without any thorough checks. This causes a lot of harm to the public.

Russell doesn't seem to be the aggressive type. But you never know ..people can be two-faced and totally different from their public personas.

To get to the truth RB needs to be prosecuted or his accusers need to be prosecuted for lying. A trial by media is wrong.

the way the allegations pan out he would likely have weathered the storm was it not for the 16 year old, he was sending cars to pick up girls from school, unless he comes out and explicitly denies his relationship, even if it was legal, with the 16 year old, he is done and dusted.

the way the allegations pan out he would likely have weathered the storm was it not for the 16 year old, he was sending cars to pick up girls from school, unless he comes out and explicitly denies his relationship, even if it was legal, with the 16 year old, he is done and dusted.
The most read newspaper in the country ran countdowns for when child celebrities turned 16, allowed teenagers to pose naked at 16 and a sexy schoolgirl type dressed were encouraged for pop stars such as britney spears.

I agree Brand will probably be done and dusted, but it is a shame that they will get away with blaming one man rather than a culture that most major media outlets cultivated and encouraged.

Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations.

The BBC, Channel 4 and a production firm have said they are investigating after allegations that Russell Brand sexually assaulted four women.

The comedian and actor has been accused of rape and sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013, which he denies.

The BBC said it was "urgently looking into the issues raised" and Channel 4 announced an internal investigation.

The allegations form part of an investigation by the Times, Sunday Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.

Although the alleged assaults are not said to have taken place on BBC or Channel 4 premises, there has also been a succession of claims about his workplace behaviour, which has raised questions for the broadcasters and the wider industry.

The Times quoted sources claiming a complaint was previously made to BBC management about an "alarming display of aggression and disrespect" from Brand.

During the period in question, Brand worked for two years as a presenter on 6 Music and Radio 2, hosted shows on Channel 4 and launched his Hollywood movie career.

BBC

The most read newspaper in the country ran countdowns for when child celebrities turned 16, allowed teenagers to pose naked at 16 and a sexy schoolgirl type dressed were encouraged for pop stars such as britney spears.

I agree Brand will probably be done and dusted, but it is a shame that they will get away with blaming one man rather than a culture that most major media outlets cultivated and encouraged.
Yes, page 3 comes to mind.

Elon Musk, Andrew Tate, Tucker Carlson come in support of Russell Brand after rape allegations

In the wake of allegations of rape and sexual abuse against comedian and social influencer Russell Brand, Tesla owner Elon Musk, social media influencer Andrew Tate and political commenter Tucker Carlson have came in support of him.

In response to Brand’s video suggesting he was targeted as part of a coordinated attack for his right-wing criticism of the media, Musk wrote on X: “Of course. They don’t like competition."

In a post on X, Tate wrote: “Welcome to the club."
He also posted a picture of a cartoon knight with a caption: “On my way to fight the crazy b—h allegations."
Tate is awaiting a trial in Romania for rape and human trafficking charges, according to a report by NYpost.com.

“Criticize the drug companies, question the war in Ukraine, and you can be pretty sure this is going to happen," wrote Carlson on X in support of Brand.
The 48-year-old British comedian has denied the allegations, saying that all of his relationships have been consensual.
He said that the media reports were part of a coordinated attack to discredit him because of his views.

According to reports by The Sunday Times, The Times of London and Channel 4's Dispatches, one woman has alleged that she had been raped, while three others have accused Brand of sexual assault. One of the women also said that he had been physically and emotionally abusive.

Before the reports were published, Brand posted a video online denying the allegations.

“Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute," the comedian said.

“These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies and, as I have written about extensively in my books, I was very, very promiscuous," Brand added.

“Now during that time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely, always consensual," he said. “I was always transparent about that then, almost too transparent, and I am being transparent about it now as well."

To get to the truth RB needs to be prosecuted or his accusers need to be prosecuted for lying. A trial by media is wrong.

When you are up against the establishment, don't expect the courts to save you. We see how this turned out for Julian Assange and Imran Khan in Pakistan.

Russell Brand upcoming live shows postponed.

Russell Brand's upcoming shows have been postponed as police look into a claim of sexual assault from 2003.

A statement from the promoters of Brand's Bipolarisation tour, shared with the BBC by the Theatre Royal Windsor, said: "We are postponing these few remaining addiction charity fundraiser shows, we don't like doing it - but we know you'll understand.

One of his accusers went to a rape center the day of the incident, and also has text messages from Brand apologizing for raping her. He is a self-described 'sex addict.
The evidence is stacked up against him

There are many anti-vaccine, anti-war people who are not accused of rape e.g. Joe Rogan, Novak Djokovic
There are many accused of rape who are not anti-vaccine, anti war: e.g. Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacy

Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

One of his accusers went to a rape center the day of the incident, and also has text messages from Brand apologizing for raping her. He is a self-described 'sex addict.

There are many anti-vaccine, anti-war people who are not accused of rape e.g. Joe Rogan, Novak Djokovic
There are many accused of rape who are not anti-vaccine, anti war: e.g. Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacy

Very well said

So one of the accusers went straight to the rape centre on the day of the incident, not to the police? She also has the text message from years ago? Yeah makes complete sense, especially saving messages for when the time is right. All the hall marks of a conspiracy.

Joe Rogan is not an anti-vaxxer, and he is a liberal, he simply believes young people do not need the Covid vaccine. Novak doesn't assert his views via a social media channel.

Tate, Trump, Brand, Assange etc are all allowed to speak but its no coincidence that when they start influencing people enmass, that is when accusers some how muster the courage to speak up. I wonder what the motive could be after so many years.

I'm all for banging up criminals, but this style of trial by media is becoming a joke just like the Dispatches investigation on Channel 4 on Brand.

When you are up against the establishment, don't expect the courts to save you. We see how this turned out for Julian Assange and Imran Khan in Pakistan.
You can't seriously be mentioning Russell Brand, a guy who just gives his opinions on social media like millions of others, in the same breath as Julian Assange and Imran Khan.

Yes media should shut up and wait for the proper people to do the investigation and wait for the verdict. Also it’s quite common for the victims to wait for a long period of time before the come out. Examples being weisstein ,, Epstein and I think even spacey.

Almost every English newspaper and media channel has the Russel Brand story plastered across their pages and headlines. This Includes The Times, Daily Telegraph, Guardian etc. In fact other news, including the war in Ukraine, cost of living crisis, etc have been relegated.

This is an awful lot of coverage for a man who is considered a nobody by the English media.

YouTube has said it has "suspended monetisation" on Russell Brand's channel for "violating" its "creator responsibility policy".
The online platform said it was taking action "to protect" is users.
The Metropolitan Police has received a report of an alleged sexual assault in 2003 in the wake of media allegations about the star.
Over the weekend the comedian and actor was accused of rape and sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013, which he denies.
"If a creator's off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action," said a YouTube spokesperson on Tuesday.
In recent years the former TV and radio personality has re-positioned himself, posting regular videos about spirituality and politics to his millions of followers.

BBC

You can't seriously be mentioning Russell Brand, a guy who just gives his opinions on social media like millions of others, in the same breath as Julian Assange and Imran Khan.

I'm not really sure you got the point, which was about the taking on the establishment and expecting the courts to be impartial.

The BBC is to review Russell Brand's time at the corporation after he was accused of rape and sexual assault.

Director general Tim Davie announced the review, hours after the corporation removed some of its content involving the comedian.

YouTube has also suspended adverts on videos by Brand.

It comes after four women made sexual abuse allegations against the star between 2006 and 2013 as part of an investigation by The Times, The Sunday Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.

Brand, 48, denies any allegations against him. He claimed in a video posted online on Friday night that all his relationships have been "consensual".

Earlier, the BBC said it had removed some of its content featuring Brand from iPlayer and BBC Sounds.

"We've reviewed that content and made a considered decision to remove some of it, having assessed that it now falls below public expectations," a spokesperson for the BBC said.

A 2018 episode of QI and a 2021 Joe Wicks podcast, both of which featured Brand as a guest, are listed as "not currently available" on the BBC's website.

Youtube, meanwhile, said it had suspended the monetisation of Brand's channel for "violating our Creator Responsibility policy".

A spokesperson for the Google-owned company said: "If a creator's off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community.

"This decision applies to all channels that may be owned or operated by Russell Brand."

Brand's YouTube channels - the largest of which has more than six million subscribers - remain on the platform, but his videos no longer feature adverts.

The comedian found fame in the early 2000s on the stand-up circuit and as a host of shows including Big Brother's Big Mouth, before starring in Hollywood films such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and presenting a show on BBC Radio 2.

However, in recent years, he has switched to wellness coaching and producing regular YouTube videos - from which he is thought to derive much of his income.

Technology journalist Chris Stokel-Walker told Sky News that Brand could earn anything between $70,000 (£57,000) and $1m (£810,000) in advertising revenue each year from his YouTube videos.

"That is a huge differential between the lower band and the upper band and that is because, often these things are quite intransparent, but fundamentally whenever you watch a YouTube video, and you see a little advert before or during the video, the creator shares in around half of the income that comes from that," he said.

Brand maintains a presence on Rumble - a video site popular with some conservatives and far-right groups - where his channel has 1.4m followers.

However, he has not posted since his denial video on Friday.

Brand also has social media pages, including X, formerly known as Twitter, where he has more than 11m followers.

Cancelled shows

The comedian performed in London as part of his Bipolarisation tour on Saturday night - as the allegations were broadcast on Dispatches.

He had been due to perform at the Theatre Royal in Windsor on Tuesday - with more dates scheduled in Wolverhampton and Plymouth later this month.

However, the tour promoters said in a statement on Monday: "We are postponing these few remaining addiction charity fundraiser shows, we don't like doing it - but we know you'll understand."

Since publication, The Times said it had been contacted by "several women" with further claims about Brand, but said their allegations have not yet been investigated and "will now be rigorously checked".

The Metropolitan Police said on Monday it had received an allegation of sexual assault against Brand dating back to 2003, following the publication of the claims against the comedian.

On Monday one of his accusers claimed a BBC car took her from school to the star's house when she was 16 years old.

"Alice" told BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour the alleged abusive relationship left her feeling "cheap and dirtied".

She went on to say Brand's denial of the accusations was "insulting", adding: "It's laughable that he would even imply that this is some kind of mainstream media conspiracy. He's not outside the mainstream."

Charity cuts ties with Brand

Downing Street also described the allegations against Brand as "very serious and concerning"

Channel 4 and TV production firm Banijay UK confirmed over the weekend they had launched investigations, while the BBC said it was "urgently looking into the issues raised".

The charity Trevi Women, which supports mothers recovering from drug addiction, also announced on Saturday it was cutting ties with Brand.

But the comedian has received backing from several high-profile figures, including tech billionaire Elon Musk.

He wrote on X, formerly Twitter, on Sunday: "I support Russell Brand. That man is not evil."

Meanwhile, Andrew Sachs' granddaughter said she "doesn't see Russell Brand as a rapist" from her "own experience".

Georgina Baillie, who had a relationship with Brand in the 2000s, added that women's stories of sexual abuse should always be believed and taken seriously.

Baillie, 38, was at the centre of the so-called "Sachsgate" scandal in 2008, which saw Brand and TV presenter Jonathan Ross leave lewd messages about her on her Fawlty Towers star grandfather's answering machine.

Discussing her relationship with Brand on TalkTV's Piers Morgan Uncensored, she said: "He was always very nice to me. It was always clear what the parameters were and that was mutually agreed upon and never did anything untoward happen - apart from that [the Sachsgate tapes].

"I was struggling with addiction for about 10-15 years and I was finding it very hard to get clean and sober. So one of my mutual friends between me and Russell called him up and said, 'Georgie needs some help', and so he sent me to rehab.

"And so I was physically separated from my drug of choice and I got some therapy and I think that had a big part to play in my recovery journey."

Going on to discuss the allegations, she said: "I'm not saying they are lies because you know, it was a long time ago. We all… I think they should be believed and get some help."

Asked if she was presuming Brand was guilty, she added: "I, from my own personal experience, do not see Russell as a rapist. However, a lot of the evidence is very compelling, so one has to keep an open mind."

He can be good analyst highlighting corruption of the elites while also allegedly involved in a crime of rape during his days of addiction. He has a documented history of sex addiction and drug addiction, but as it is evident in most cases of addiction, it does causes inhibition of common sense and civility.

The man has not been found guilty of any of the allegations, yet social media has cracked down on him, taking his money away.

More evidence the social media companies are partners of the globalists.

He can be good analyst highlighting corruption of the elites while also allegedly involved in a crime of rape during his days of addiction. He has a documented history of sex addiction and drug addiction, but as it is evident in most cases of addiction, it does causes inhibition of common sense and civility.

Just looking at the date range of those allegations, it seems they were between 2006-2013. Why has it taken 10 years for all this to come to light? After he's cleaned up and written confesions of his addiction and previously hedonistic lifestyle?

What were the Britiish police and media services doing back then? Did thy think it was ok?

Just looking at the date range of those allegations, it seems they were between 2006-2013. Why has it taken 10 years for all this to come to light? After he's cleaned up and written confesions of his addiction and previously hedonistic lifestyle?

What were the Britiish police and media services doing back then? Did thy think it was ok?

I am not insinuating guilty verdict, I have to listen and understand his version, too, because it could be consensual as he had mentioned.

They have had cases where people took years to come out to speak out, example, Weinstein.

They have had cases where trumped charges made to shut them up.

Guy does speak out against the elite and he has a large following so anything could be possible.

I am not insinuating guilty verdict, I have to listen and understand his version, too, because it could be consensual as he had mentioned.

They have had cases where people took years to come out to speak out, example, Weinstein.

They have had cases where trumped charges made to shut them up.

Guy does speak out against the elite and he has a large following so anything could be possible.

I think in Weinsteins case, he was a major producer/employer. Any girls who came out, would be scared of losing their income or their career in the entertainment industry would come to an end. We also know Hollywood is rampant with such abuse.

Brands accusers were contacted by the media, in fact they contacted dozens of girls, producers of shows etc. No accuser came out by themselves. Even in the Channel 4 dispatches show, actresses played the girls, they have never been seen or their voices heard.

Add to this, social media has stopped his income. All this but no police charges yet?

We all know Brand was exposing the greedy criminal elite.

Russell Brand: Police receive further allegations against comedian
The Metropolitan Police says it will investigate fresh allegations of "non-recent" sexual offences following media reports about comedian Russell Brand.

The force has received a "number of allegations of sexual offences" in London and elsewhere in the country, but says no arrests have been made.

It follows a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4's Dispatches, in which four women accused Brand of sexual assaults and rape.

Brand has denied the claims.

Before the allegations were published, the actor and comedian said his relationships had "always" been consensual.

Det Supt Andy Furphy, from the Met's Central Specialist Crime Command, said: "We continue to encourage anyone who believes they may have been a victim of a sexual offence, no matter how long ago it was, to contact us.

"We understand it can feel like a difficult step to take and I want to reassure that we have a team of specialist officers available to advise and support."

The Met said it was encouraging anyone who believed they may have been a victim of a sexual offence to contact them.

The fresh allegations come after the Met last week said it had received a report of an alleged sexual assault in Soho, central London, in 2003.

Russell Brand has accused the government of trying to "bypass" the judicial system after his YouTube channel was demonetised in the wake of sexual abuse allegations against him.

In a livestream video on the Rumble platform, the comedian also accused the "legacy media" of being in "lockstep" with each other to "support a state agenda" and "silence independent media voices".

Speaking in his livestream, entitled "Are we being silenced? The battle for free speech", he said: "You know I've been demonetised on YouTube. You are aware that the government wrote to social media platforms to demand that I be further censored.

"In a sense, the bypassing of judicial process, right to punitive measures, financial ones, seems like an interesting stance for a government minister to be suggesting to a big tech platform."

Taking aim at the government, "legacy media" and big tech platforms, he said: "What we appear to be looking at here are a set of collaborating institutions that have an agenda, and pursue that agenda, even when in pursuing it they have to bypass, obstruct, or absolutely ignore existing judicial or regulatory bodies by moving straight to punitive measures."

Before the first allegations were published, Brand published a video insisting his relationships had always been consensual.

On Friday, he released a second clip on Rumble in which he claimed the British government had "asked big tech platforms to censor our online content".

YouTube, owned by Google, demonetised Brand's channel in the wake of the allegations against him.

However, Rumble, a video site popular with some conservatives and far-right groups, has not demonetised Brand.

Rumble is not really a far right site, its an alternative to Youtube with more freedom to speak for content providers.

Brand is too big, unless they imprison him he will continue talking.

Rumble is not really a far right site, its an alternative to Youtube with more freedom to speak for content providers.

Brand is too big, unless they imprison him he will continue talking.
People do not understand what trial by media is. Rumble simply refused to comply with orders given Brand has not been proven guilty in a court of law.

People do not understand what trial by media is. Rumble simply refused to comply with orders given Brand has not been proven guilty in a court of law.

Youtube is very heavily censcored now. Eg, you will not find many videos regarding the 911 attacks with alternative views but all on Rumble. This is why Google was happy to pay huge amount for Youtube, they knew they must control this space too.

You have more freedom in Russia to speak your mind, compared to the west now. Imo its the western publics fault, they have proven to be easily brainwashed, whatever CNN and BBC state ,its gospel for them. If the public rejected the lies, there would be no need to try to silence people on mainstream platforms, as it would be a waste of time.

Youtube is very heavily censcored now. Eg, you will not find many videos regarding the 911 attacks with alternative views but all on Rumble. This is why Google was happy to pay huge amount for Youtube, they knew they must control this space too.

You have more freedom in Russia to speak your mind, compared to the west now. Imo its the western publics fault, they have proven to be easily brainwashed, whatever CNN and BBC state ,its gospel for them. If the public rejected the lies, there would be no need to try to silence people on mainstream platforms, as it would be a waste of time.
Yup the idea the West is a beacon of freedom is now well and truly a myth!

The majority of the public rather swallow information without verifying it than challenge the narrative.

The good news is that slowly but surely more and more people are beginning to accept the reality, and that is Government, and MSM, lies for the sake of a narrative that gains votes and influence.

Yup the idea the West is a beacon of freedom is now well and truly a myth!

The majority of the public rather swallow information without verifying it than challenge the narrative.

The good news is that slowly but surely more and more people are beginning to accept the reality, and that is Government, and MSM, lies for the sake of a narrative that gains votes and influence.

I think it wont be too long before they go after Elon Musk. Twitter is pretty free and open now. Brand has over 11 million followers and now Twitter is paying accounts for adverts. Im sure he will be fine paying his bills.

Russell Brand: Thames Valley Police investigates allegations
Russell Brand is being investigated by a second police force in the wake of allegations about the comedian.

Thames Valley Police said a woman contacted the force two weeks ago with "new information" in relation to reports of "harassment and stalking".

The Metropolitan Police previously confirmed it had received a "number of allegations of sexual offences".

Brand has been accused of rape and sexual assaults during a seven-year period at the height of his fame.

The allegations were made in a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.

The BBC understands the woman reported her allegations to Thames Valley Police numerous times between 2018 and 2022 but no further action was taken.

Mr Brand had also accused the woman of harassment against him in 2017.

The force confirmed it was looking into the new information but "it would be inappropriate to comment on an ongoing investigation".

The BBC has approached Brand for a response to these claims.

The comedian and actor has previously denied "very serious criminal allegations" and "extremely egregious and aggressive attacks", which he said he "absolutely refutes".

The Dispatches programme, Russell Brand - In Plain Sight, heard four women accuse Brand of sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013.

During that time, Brand held several jobs, including at Channel 4 and BBC Radio 2.

The investigation, which aired on 16 September, claimed he had also displayed predatory and controlling behaviour, and behaved inappropriately at work.
The 48-year-old said his relationships had "always" been consensual.

In a response to the allegations of "non-recent" sexual offences reported to the Met in September, Brand live-streamed a video on Rumble.

The actor and comedian was critical of the mainstream media but did not directly address the claims against him.

He said there was an "apparent concerted effort between the legacy media and the state to silence independent voices".

In the Sunday Times, Times and Channel 4 investigation, four women levelled accusations against Brand between 2006 and 2013.

These are the allegations against Brand:

- One woman alleges he raped her without a condom against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She says Brand tried to stop her leaving until she told him she was going to the bathroom. She was reportedly treated at a rape crisis centre on the same day, which the Times says it has confirmed via medical records

- A second woman, in the UK, alleges Brand assaulted her when he was in his early 30s and she was 16 and still at school. She alleges he referred to her as "the child" during an emotionally abusive and controlling relationship. Looking back, she says he "engaged in the behaviours of a groomer"

- A third woman claims Brand sexually assaulted her while she worked with him in Los Angeles. She alleges she repeatedly told Brand to get off her, and when he eventually relented he "flipped" and was "super angry". She says he threatened to take legal action if she told anyone else about her allegation

- A fourth woman alleges being sexually assaulted by Brand in the UK and him being physically and emotionally abusive towards her

On the same day the Dispatches allegations emerged, Brand performed a comedy gig at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre in north-west London, in which he alluded to the claims but did not address them directly.

He told the audience there were things he wanted to talk about but could not.

On the following Monday, the remaining dates for his Bipolarisation tour were postponed.

BBC

It doesn't seem to be getting better for the British comedian

The one allegation that stands out is the woman who went to the hospital to be treated after rape the same day . Let the courts do it’s work

Russell Brand: Extra accuses comedian of film set sexual assault

Russell Brand has been accused of sexually assaulting an extra on a film set in a civil lawsuit filed in the US.

During filming for the rom-com Arthur in July 2010 the comedian is alleged to have exposed himself to the anonymous woman before following her into a bathroom and sexually assaulting her.

Brand is facing accusations of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse after reports in the British media.

He denies the allegations and says his relationships were "always consensual".

Brand has yet to respond to the lawsuit.

British police have said they are investigating a number of claims made against Brand, but the case, filed with New York State Supreme Court on Friday, marks the first time any such accusations have been made in a lawsuit.

In an affidavit, the woman - referred to as Jane Doe - claims the actor had "appeared intoxicated, smelled of alcohol, and was carrying a bottle of vodka on set" before the assault on 7 July 2010.

He then exposed himself to his accuser in full view of the cast and crew, the papers say.

Later the same day the plaintiff says Brand entered the bathroom after her and assaulted her as "a member of production crew guarded the door from outside".

Film studio Warner Bros Pictures and other companies involved in the production are also named as defendants.

The woman says as a result of the alleged abuse she suffers from extreme embarrassment, shame and fear as well as finding it difficult to trust others.

She says she has professional concerns about being named in association with the case as she still works as an actor and fears she could be "blacklisted in the industry".

She is reported to be seeking unspecified damages from the British actor.

The document says she was initially booked for three days but after the assault was not brought back for the following days and only paid for one.

She also fears harassment from his followers should her identity be revealed, the papers say.

The case has been filed under the Adult Survivor's Act, New York legislation which allows alleged victims of sexual offences for which the statute of limitations has passed to file civil suits for a one-year period between 24 November 2022 and 24 November 2023.

If you know anything about Russell Brand, the last thing he would be is a rapist. At this point it's just getting ridiculous.

You sound like the spongecake news anchors over here who pointed toward dead Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput's happy photos and said: "Look! Look! Doesn't he look content to you? Surely he was not depressed! He would not have committed suicide - somebody must have killed him!"

So unless you are intimately familiar with this Brand, your post is a major stretch.

*Sushant Singh Rajput was the actor who played Dhoni in a film, and died by suicide during the lockdown.

You sound like the spongecake news anchors over here who pointed toward dead Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput's happy photos and said: "Look! Look! Doesn't he look content to you? Surely he was not depressed! He would not have committed suicide - somebody must have killed him!"

So unless you are intimately familiar with this Brand, your post is a major stretch.

*Sushant Singh Rajput was the actor who played Dhoni in a film, and died by suicide during the lockdown.

I am not intimate with Russell Brand, he is well known in Britain. I have no idea about Sushant Singh who I assume you are more familiar with. Maybe he lives in Israel.

I am not intimate with Russell Brand, he is well known in Britain. I have no idea about Sushant Singh who I assume you are more familiar with. Maybe he lives in Israel.

Either way, you seem to be familiar with exonerating individuals accused of rape and sexual assault despite possessing little to no investigative capabilities from the vantage point of a web forum.

(Reuters) - Actor and comedian Russell Brand has been questioned by detectives from London's Metropolitan Police over allegations of historical sex offences, the Times newspaper reported on Sunday.

British police said in September they had launched an investigation into a number of allegations of non-recent sexual offences following media reports that women had accused Brand of a string of sexual assaults.

Earlier that month the Sunday Times newspaper and Channel 4 TV's documentary show "Dispatches" reported four women had accused Brand, 48, of sex offences, including a rape, between 2006 and 2013.

Brand has rejected what he has described as "very serious allegations", saying on his social media channels he has never had non-consensual sex.

There was no immediate response to a request for comment on Sunday's report from representatives for Brand.

"A man in his 40s attended a police station in South London on Thursday 16 November 2023," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement, declining to confirm whether it was Brand.

"He was interviewed under caution by detectives in relation to three non-recent sexual offences. Enquiries continue," the force added.

Russell Brand questioned by police for second time over alleged sex offences

Scotland Yard detectives have interviewed Russell Brand for a second time over allegations of sexual offences, it is understood.

Brand was interviewed under caution at a police station in south London in November in relation to three non-recent alleged sexual offences, it is believed, and has been interviewed under caution again in relation to six further non-recent alleged sexual offences.

The Metropolitan police did not name Brand, but in response to questions a spokesperson said: “A man in his 40s attended a police station in south London on Thursday 14 December for a second time. He was interviewed under caution by detectives in relation to a further six non-recent sexual offences.”

The Met confirmed that the same man attended a police station on Thursday 16 November for questioning. It is understood he has now been questioned in relation to nine alleged offences and police inquiries are continuing.

Brand, 48, has denied “very serious criminal allegations” and “extremely egregious and aggressive attacks”, which he said he “absolutely refutes”.

A joint investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches and the Sunday Times into Brand reported in September that four women alleged he had sexually assaulted them at the height of his career between 2006 and 2013, when he was a BBC and Channel 4 presenter and a Hollywood actor. Brand has said his relationships were “always consensual”.

Last month the BBC said after a review that five complaints had been made about Brand’s behaviour while he hosted BBC radio shows between 2006 and 2008.

In September the Met said that after the Dispatches and Sunday Times investigation it had “received a number of allegations of sexual offences in London. We have also received a number of allegations of sexual offences committed elsewhere in the country and will investigate these. The offences are all non-recent.”

Channel 4 is conducting its own internal investigation. Another company, Banijay UK, has also commissioned an investigation. Endemol, the production company behind shows on which Brand appeared in the mid-00s such as Big Brother’s Big Mouth, was bought by Banijay in 2020.

Brand has been approached for comment.

Back