Sajid Javid - candidate for position of UK Prime Minister

TSA321

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/09/sajid-javid-replaces-maria-miller-cabinet-culture

Sajid Javid, the Muslim son of a bus driver, has been appointed as culture secretary, replacing Maria Miller.

The appointment leaves the cabinet with only three women.

Currently financial secretary to the Treasury, Javid's selection is a reflection of the high regard with which he is held in Downing Street, but is also another sign that George Osborne remains influential in the appointment of ministers.

It had been thought that Miller, who resigned on Wednesday after telling David Cameron her continued presence in the cabinet would be a distraction to the government's work, would be replaced by a woman, such as Elisabeth Truss, the education minister, or Esther McVey, the work and pensions minister.

But Javid's own back story and ethnic background may be seen as enough of a nod to those wanting to see the class and cultural make-up of the cabinet remade. He is the first new intake from the 2010 election to reach the cabinet.

Nicky Morgan is stepping up from her role as economic secretary to the Treasury to replace Javid, the prime minister said.

Andrea Leadsom takes over as new economic secretary to the treasury. The South Northamptonshire MP came into parliament in May 2010 after a 25-year career in banking and finance.

Cameron has already drawn criticism for splitting Miller's old role as minister for women and equalities, handing the women portfolio to Morgan, and equalities to Javid.

It was suggested Morgan could not take on the role of minister for equalities as she voted against gay marriage.

Benjamin Cohen, publisher of PinkNews, said it was "unfortunate that the new minister for women opposes the rights of some women, lesbians, to have the right to marry."

Morgan also backed an unsuccessful attempt by Tory MP Nadine Dorries to tighten restrictions for women requesting an abortion, voting for an amendment that would have made it compulsory for them to have independent advice.

The reshuffle means the three women in official cabinet posts are Justine Greening, the development secretary, Theresa Villiers, the Northern Ireland secretary, and Theresa May, the home secretary. Miller's departure also means there are now no mothers in the cabinet.

Morgan will be allowed to attend cabinet, along with Baroness Warsi who can already do so in her role as a junior foreign office minister.

Gloria De Piero, the shadow women's minister, said Cameron's decision to replace Miller with Javid meant there was now no full member of the cabinet speaking for women.

"There are now just three women running government departments out of a possible 22, demonstrating that when it comes to women, it's out of sight, out of mind for this out of touch government," she said.

A wider cabinet reshuffle is expected in the summer.

So is he the first Muslim secretary of state ?

Well done to Sajid Javid, strongly disagree with his politics on almost every level but he's an articulate chap and good luck to him.

"Culture" ? How representative.

Well done to Sajid Javid, strongly disagree with his politics on almost every level but he's an articulate chap and good luck to him.

He isn't Muslim.

My own family's heritage is Muslim. Myself and my four brothers were brought up to believe in God, but I do not practise any religion. My wife is a practising Christian and the only religion practised in my house is Christianity. I think we should recognise that Christianity is the religion of our country

He isn't Muslim.

Crikey, you learn something new every day. Well good luck to him regardless.

Anyway Maria Miller's conduct was a disgrace - refused to cooperate with the investigation re: her expenses. She was told to repay £5,800 of the expenses she claimed but the independent parliamentary commissioner had previously recommended she repay £45,000.

One rule for the top...

My own family's heritage is Muslim. Myself and my four brothers were brought up to believe in God, but I do not practise any religion. My wife is a practising Christian and the only religion practised in my house is Christianity. I think we should recognise that Christianity is the religion of our country

His wife sounds like a fine woman.

Javid on multiculturalism: "I welcome the Prime Minister's speech on this complex and important topic. I am proud of my Pakistani and Muslim heritage but, as I have myself said repeatedly, people who settle here should respect the British way of life, culture and traditions, and be required to learn our language. For too long we have championed an ideology of multiculturalism which has created divides rather than broken them down."

Anyway to correct my earlier post - and how could I forget - the first Muslim cabinet minister is Baroness Warsi. Shudders.

Putting all that aside - Conservative head office must be clapping their hands in joy. This guy is just perfect. One of five sons, his father was a bus driver, he has impeccable working class credentials and should be able to pull some votes from the left, ethnic minorities.

But make no mistake though - this guy is a died in the wool Thatcherite. Stints at Chase and Deutsche Bank will have put paid to that.

^^ dout any Musalamans will vote for him once they realise he isnt a Muslim..but then who am i to judge..by the way George Osbournes brother is a Muslim too..

Mr Javid, who described himself as a “proud British-born Muslim”, announced that if he had to leave Britain to live in the Middle East, then he would choose Israel as home. Only there, he said, would his children feel the “warm embrace of freedom and liberty”. For him, only Israel shared the democratic values of the UK.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/94117/muslim-tory-mp-after-britain-israel-best

lol unfortunatley for him the Isrealis would think differently...lol

Sweet Lord Jesus (PBUH) he makes a fabulous tory. He'd put Norman Tebbit to shame. Or ask for a job as his butler.

The guy is not a muslim and has gone out of his way to say so.

He seems one of those confused identity types.

Post 8 quotes him saying he is, and the Guardian article in OP described him as one. And in other comments he says he isn't.

"Culture" ? How representative.

He isn't Muslim.

Just because he doesn't practice his religion does that really mean he isn't a Muslim?

I thought a belief in one god and a belief that muhammed is the fiinal prophet is enough?

Genuine question btw.

He seems one of those confused identity types.

Nope.

My own family's heritage is Muslim. Myself and my four brothers were brought up to believe in God, but I do not practise any religion.

He's got it bang on.

However, if you're implying that you'll wave the flag for him only if he claims that he's an out and out Muslim EndOfStory, I'll refrain from commenting on that one.

However, if you're implying that you'll wave the flag for him only if he claims that he's an out and out Muslim EndOfStory, I'll refrain from commenting on that one.

Not implying that or stating that. Even if he was I wouldn't be seen dead voting for a Tory.

His wife sounds like a fine woman.

why ?

Just because he doesn't practice his religion does that really mean he isn't a Muslim?

I thought a belief in one god and a belief that muhammed is the fiinal prophet is enough?

Genuine question btw.

That's what he said, "I do not practise any religion" and "the only religion practised in my house is Christianity", if he limited himself to the first part I would have thought he's a non practising Muslim (like the majority).
Personally I don't care, he'll (hopefully) not take me or any PPer with him to the grave so it's a matter between him and the Creator, but it should be made clear for the British Muslims and/or Pakistanis to have a certain idea of - and assess a certain policy towards - the individual, because a lot of "minorities" politicians play their "minorities" cards for electoral reasons.

Last edited:

Because whether you agree with her values or not, she is an upstanding Christian woman and it seems that her husband has been made well aware of it. Practising Christians tend to have good moral fibre in my view, and it's good that one of the parents can provide a spiritual compass for the children to follow. They need it at that age.

Mr Javid, who described himself as a “proud British-born Muslim”, announced that if he had to leave Britain to live in the Middle East, then he would choose Israel as home. Only there, he said, would his children feel the “warm embrace of freedom and liberty”. For him, only Israel shared the democratic values of the UK.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/94117/muslim-tory-mp-after-britain-israel-best
www.thejc.com, ie THE JEWISH CHRONICLE ONLINE.

Sounds like a true politician - saying whatever needs to be said depending upon the audience at the time.

Although someone needs to tell him that unless he, or his wife, also has Jewish ancestory,it would be extremely unlikely that he'll be allowed to make Israel his home. The Israeli's will still see him as being a Muslim despite his attempts to convince them otherwise.

Because whether you agree with her values or not, she is an upstanding Christian woman and it seems that her husband has been made well aware of it. Practising Christians tend to have good moral fibre in my view, and it's good that one of the parents can provide a spiritual compass for the children to follow. They need it at that age.
From the sounds of it, he doesn't, so it's up to her to do it. :))

I don't know how many of you watched question time; he was destroyed on it. He comes across as an arrogant liar

arrogant yes, but dont see how he came across liar

on the first point he was right, nationally inflation adjusted house prices are well below the 2007 peak, and simply rate of price increase is not enough evidence of inflation.

homepage.png

London's population is growing at a rate of a million a decade, of course there will be pressure on housing prices given the building regulations re green field and brown field land.

about tuition fees made a salient point that the system is designed to withstand a certain level of default and caught out dimbleby suggesting forecasts says 75% may not be paid back when it was around 40% (compared to 25% allowance in estimates), which is still only a prediction.

also rightly mentioned that the boe did not have oversight of the lending and ib practises at the time of crash. don't remember the rest, think he made some party line comments on the ireland situation.

fact is you will never come off looking good on any QT by espousing right wing economic views, yet he managed to pull it off on a panel that was predominantly looking for cheers from the crowd for having a go at him. stuck to his guns knowing full well most of the crowd wont like it, for mine he only improved his standing amongst those who share a similar ideological pov.

his problem is he comes across arrogant, but if he proves his competence that wont prove to be a hindrance at all imo. heres what i said 6 months ago, and i still believe it.

saj javid ..... has a very bright future within the tori party, ill stick my neck out and say will eventually run for leadership.

Irrespective of his religion he has had an impressive life.

The son of an immigrant bus driver, the youngest-ever vice-president of Chase Manhattan Bank, a multi millionaire in his 20s and then he gives up a career which would have earned him tens of millions more over the course of his life to join a profession which pays nowhere near what he was earning before and one which the general public holds in contempt. If he had any hair he could have even been a potential party leader in the future.

Good luck to him I say!

Last edited:
Irrespective of his religion he has had an impressive life.

The son of an immigrant bus driver, the youngest-ever vice-president of Chase Manhattan Bank, a multi millionaire in his 20s and then he gives up a career which would have earned him tens of millions more over the course of his life to join a profession which pays nowhere near what he was earning before and one which the general public holds in contempt. If he had any hair he could have even been a potential party leader in the future.

Good luck to him I say!

Indeed, exactly what I was trying to say before some idiot tried to accuse me of having some kind of religious bias...

Too much is made of his religion or his lack of it, but I guess that comes as part of the package when you are a politician from a Muslim background. Why else do you think he has to explain his religion or his wife's? I'm sure he would rather just be a Tory politician and the rest was immaterial.

Has a reasonable chance of being the Tory leader IMO. Pretty impressive politician.

Is that good or bad?

Well historically it’s been known as a graveyard for British politicians (because it’s such a difficult department to run) however it’s also one of the great offices of state which are the four most senior and prestigious posts in the British government and he’s now the first non white person to run one of these departments so it’s quite a symbolic appointment.

Is that good or bad?

On a positive note we have a BAME Home Secretary which puts him in line to be our first BAME PM. Which would make a few ethnostate fascist heads explode.

On a negative note, a moderate Remain Tory has been replaced by a Randroid Brexit Ultra.

He'll end up being a typical uncle tom , address the windrush by overcompensating and then probably go draconian on muslim or pakistani immigrants and visas and be unduly biased towards them to curry favour with his own nutters in the tory party and right wing brexiteers

Last edited by a moderator:
He'll end up being a typical uncle tom , address the windrush by overcompensating and then probably go draconian on muslim or pakistani immigrants and visas and be unduly biased towards them to curry favour with his own nutters in the tory party and right wing brexiteers

Pretty much this.

The Tories have bought him in because he has a brown face after the Windrush scandal but he is one of the most anti minority politicians.

Why does it matter if he's a Muslim or not? We should at least appreciate the fact that he's a British Pakistani.

Pretty much this.

The Tories have bought him in because he has a brown face after the Windrush scandal but he is one of the most anti minority politicians.

How do you know this?

Reads like the tyranny of low expectations to me. A brown man has the temerity to succeed to one of the great offices of state - which none in the Labour Party ever did, not even Lord Boateng - so you call him a traitor.

The Tories are a meritocracy in a way that Labour have never been.

LOL I just looked at one of my previous replies in this thread #10. Hope that's not going to sum up this guy.

If a British Asian does well in Britain, especially in politics, it is because he is an Uncle Tom. If a British Asian doesn't do well it's because of racism, Islamophobia, bigotry, zionists etc. Some people are just professional whiners.

Last edited:
If a British Asian does well in Britain, especially in politics, it is because he is an Uncle Tom. If a British Asian doesn't do well it's because of racism, Islamophobia, bigotry, zionists etc. Some people are just professional whiners.

Well said.

Nobody calls Sadiq Khan an uncle tom

How do you know this?

Reads like the tyranny of low expectations to me. A brown man has the temerity to succeed to one of the great offices of state - which none in the Labour Party ever did, not even Lord Boateng - so you call him a traitor.

The Tories are a meritocracy in a way that Labour have never been.

Just read his comments, this man is a hardcore supporter of Israel and anti anyone who may criticise them which is why many are now asking him to ban the Al-Quds march which is merely freedom of speech in support of Palestine and Jerusalem.

The Tories have many high ranking politicians who are racist, take the Bufoon Boris as one example. This is a man who called black people having watermelon smiles but has been given the second biggest job after the PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody calls Sadiq Khan an uncle tom

Exactly. People make silly comments generalising everything trying to sound clever. There are many high ranking minority politicians who were elected by the people and who remain strong in their values, not those who would sell their mothers to gain high positions. Does anyone seriously think Javed would be tipped for PM if he was really supported people with the same backgrounds as him.

The British people overall are tolerant and not racist, the same cannot be said of the politicians esp in the Tory party which is why UKIP was seen as the new Tory party.

Mr Javid is a purely political appointment.

An ethnic minority to appease the minority voters to show that the Home Office culture isn't there to kick out everyone and anyone, and delude people into thinking the Tories aren't viciouslt xenophobic and outright racist on occasion.

Someone who can have a "moral standing" on the windrush issue, as he stated recently that his family could easily have been affected.

Also someone that keeps the cabinet relatively balanced in regards to Brexit.

I await to see how he improves the Home Office.

Other than that, it's just PR.

Mr Javid is a purely political appointment.

An ethnic minority to appease the minority voters to show that the Home Office culture isn't there to kick out everyone and anyone, and delude people into thinking the Tories aren't viciouslt xenophobic and outright racist on occasion.

Someone who can have a "moral standing" on the windrush issue, as he stated recently that his family could easily have been affected.

Also someone that keeps the cabinet relatively balanced in regards to Brexit.

I await to see how he improves the Home Office.

Other than that, it's just PR.

Cheers to this post : )

Javed.jpg

Then there is also this:

‘Their four children are privately educated: "We do what's best for them," Mr Javid, who has described himself as a non-practising Muslim, told the newspaper.’

Anyway, who cares if he is Muslim or not.

Then there is also this:

‘Their four children are privately educated: "We do what's best for them," Mr Javid, who has described himself as a non-practising Muslim, told the newspaper.’

Anyway, who cares if he is Muslim or not.

Yes and No. I dont think he would have reached this position if he was. But i agree his religious beliefs are his own private concern.

Post of the week.

Just read his comments, this man is a hardcore supporter of Israel and anti anyone who may criticise them which is why many are now asking him to ban the Al-Quds march which is merely freedom of speech in support of Palestine and Jerusalem.

The Tories have many high ranking politicians who are racist, take the Bufoon Boris as one example. This is a man who called black people having watermelon smiles but has been given the second biggest job after the PM.

Bojo isn’t a buffoon, that’s an act, he is much more dangerous than that, a man who thinks he should be PM out of birthright who has little grasp of detail and no filter on his mouth.

But let’s stay on Javid.

Some people are, but then plenty of others aren't, you can't really generalise like that without falling into the same category yourself.

This guy is a fraud. My grandfather was a bus driver in Glasgow but it's a shame the first Asian to reach a great office is a sell out.

The guy essentially betrays his roots and the working class heritage by being a member of the toff party

The guy essentially betrays his roots and the working class heritage by being a member of the toff party

Well there's nothing to say you have to stay working class, it's not like the caste system, in the UK you can join the toff party if you have the attributes, and whatever else you might think of Sajid, he's certainly proved himself in the finance sector before he went into politics.

The gutter press might not spare him, but the Times owned by Zionist Rupert Murdoch did a very flattering piece today on Javid and his brothers, all of whom have very successful careers.

This guy is a fraud. My grandfather was a bus driver in Glasgow but it's a shame the first Asian to reach a great office is a sell out.

So if Javid had followed his father on the buses, he would be authentic to you?

Next PM?

=====

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...e-minister-a8402221.html?amp#amp_tf=From %1$s

Sajid Javid has a new special adviser. The last time I commented on a cabinet minister hiring a new special adviser it was Theresa May, the home secretary, and six weeks later she was prime minister. She hired Joey Jones from Sky News: he didn’t follow her into Downing Street but his appointment was a statement of intent.

Until this week, I assumed May would be the prime minister who took us out of the EU in March. Her strategy of delay, procrastination and attrition isn’t pretty, and risks cutting the Brexit deadline fine, but it seemed to be working. This week, it didn’t.

Faced with defeat on the provision in the EU (Withdrawal) Bill to give parliament a say over the Brexit terms, she postponed the vote in the Commons. So far, so Fabian. (Fabius Maximus, the Delayer, after whom the Fabian Society is named, defeated Hannibal by waiting, and waiting, for the right moment to strike.) Then she gave Dominic Grieve, leader of the soft Brexit faction of Conservative MPs, the impression that she had agreed a compromise form of words.

By the time the text was published two hours later, though, David Davis, the Brexit secretary, had threatened to resign again (at least the second time this week), and the wording had been diluted. Trying to split the difference between the two sides of the party is only possible if both sides think she an honest broker. Now neither side trusts her.

No one knows what will happen when the bill comes back to the Commons, probably on Wednesday after it goes to the Lords on Monday. If Julian Smith, the chief whip, decides he can’t be sure of winning, the vote could be postponed again.

Tory MPs have been saying for months that this can’t go on, and yet, every month, it has. Now the prime minister is going to try to secure cabinet agreement at a two-day meeting at Chequers, probably on 5 and 6 July. If she succeeds, and if Davis is still Brexit secretary, there will be a white paper setting out the policy and a vote on post-Brexit customs arrangements in the Trade Bill before the summer break.

Until this week, I thought the law of mutual weakness would keep Theresa May in post. Neither wing of the party wants to get rid of her for fear of getting one of the other side as leader. Into this vacuum Sajid Javid has stepped, now backed up with three political advisers (the usual limit is two); a reluctant Remainer whose first act as a member of the Brexit inner cabinet was to side with Davis, Boris Johnson and Michael Gove on the customs question.

This week Javid lifted the cap on immigration for NHS doctors and nurses, and today he helped to change government policy to allow a boy in Northern Ireland to import cannabis oil to treat a life-threatening condition. May’s distraction by Brexit means he can make popular policy changes and take the credit for them.

He has only been at the Home Office for six weeks and already he has ended the “hostile environment” policy on illegal immigration that gave us the Windrush scandal, made his peace with the Police Federation, the toughest trade union after the British Medical Association, and promised to deliver a law against upskirting after a maverick Tory MP blocked it.

I have given up trying to guess how the Brexit brink-and-bluff is going to play out. I had assumed the Commons would force the government to go for a soft Brexit rather than a hard one, with “soft” meaning a customs union with the EU and “hard” a Canada-style trade deal.

But the longer this goes on, and especially if Dominic Grieve’s amendment gives the EU side more of an incentive to drive a hard bargain, the more the nightmare choice between Brexino (Brexit In name only) and crashing out without a deal seems possible.

I can only report that the mood among Tory MPs has changed. One minister told me the best thing would be to “blow up the whole thing” and cancel Brexit. There are many backbenchers who have not yet voted against the government but who agree with those who have, either on a customs union or on full membership of the EU single market.

The situation looks increasingly unstable and, if the Tory party is looking for a prime minister with a middle position on Brexit but who can make decisions, Javid is available. In a survey by Conservative Home last month, party members – who would make the final choice of leader – put Javid in third place behind Jacob Rees-Mogg, who probably wouldn’t get enough support from MPs to make it on to the ballot, and Michael Gove.

Fortunes rise and fall fast, but it now seems possible Javid could be prime minister by the end of the year.

Not sure if he will be the next PM, that is more likely to be Boris or Rees-Mogg, but he definitely has a strong chance of being the first PM from an ethnic minority background at some point.

Javid hasn't struck me as leadership material, seems to be more a a trusty lackey and he plays that role well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"I get it from the far left, including lots of Asians, who say: 'He's not brown enough.' I get it from the right, and the far right in particular, saying: 'He's too brown'" says <a href="https://twitter.com/sajidjavid?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@sajidjavid</a> <br><br>&#55356;&#57255; Political Thinking with <a href="https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BBCNickRobinson</a> <br><br>[Tap to expand] <a href="https://t.co/zTu9L4XnOe">https://t.co/zTu9L4XnOe</a> <a href="https://t.co/HWCD19M83O">pic.twitter.com/HWCD19M83O</a></p>— BBC Politics (@BBCPolitics) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1126895416358912001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 May 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm sure this will please his countless fans on PP.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OPINION – Sajid Javid: My profoundly moving trip to Israel was worth the wait <a href="https://twitter.com/JewishNewsUK?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JewishNewsUK</a> <a href="https://t.co/0DXUn9vqai">https://t.co/0DXUn9vqai</a></p>— Sajid Javid (@sajidjavid) <a href="https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1146806751188201472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">4 July 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Important discussions with <a href="https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IsraeliPM</a> Benjamin Netanyahu reaffirming the close bond between Israel & the UK <a href="https://t.co/nDW0k95wg7">pic.twitter.com/nDW0k95wg7</a></p>— Sajid Javid (@sajidjavid) <a href="https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1145759432690806784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">1 July 2019</a></blockquote>

I'm sure this will please his countless fans on PP.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OPINION – Sajid Javid: My profoundly moving trip to Israel was worth the wait <a href="https://twitter.com/JewishNewsUK?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JewishNewsUK</a> <a href="https://t.co/0DXUn9vqai">https://t.co/0DXUn9vqai</a></p>— Sajid Javid (@sajidjavid) <a href="https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1146806751188201472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">4 July 2019</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Important discussions with <a href="https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IsraeliPM</a> Benjamin Netanyahu reaffirming the close bond between Israel & the UK <a href="https://t.co/nDW0k95wg7">pic.twitter.com/nDW0k95wg7</a></p>— Sajid Javid (@sajidjavid) <a href="https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1145759432690806784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">1 July 2019</a></blockquote>

I don't think he has fans on PP. He's an opportunist like any politician and has to pander to Israel lest his political career be ruined.

If anyone wanted undeniable proof of this person being a coconut, you have it now.

He knows who butters his bread and is playing along. They don't trust him, and he knows they dont trust him.

He knows who butters his bread and is playing along. They don't trust him, and he knows they dont trust him.

They trust him because they groomed him into what he is today.

"My wife Laura and I even made Israel our honeymoon destination some 20 years ago.!"

They don't trust him and the failure to invite him to the Trump dinner showed that.

Theresa May had previously not been invited to similar state dinners while home sec. Trump is a racist so had his way but I dont see this as Javid not pandering to his masters wishes, otherwise Netanyahu who is more powerful than Trump in reality wouldn't have invited him.

Theresa May had previously not been invited to similar state dinners while home sec. Trump is a racist so had his way but I dont see this as Javid not pandering to his masters wishes, otherwise Netanyahu who is more powerful than Trump in reality wouldn't have invited him.

The Tory leadership election showed that Sajid may have lost this time but he has enough support to make a challenge in the future. And we know the Israelis plan ahead and this shows they fear him.

The Tory leadership election showed that Sajid may have lost this time but he has enough support to make a challenge in the future. And we know the Israelis plan ahead and this shows they fear him.

We will have to wait and see but this man has done all he can to prove his worth so far.

The leadership race showed that he has no chance of challenging in the future, as I predicted, the general public would never trust an Uncle Tom in a hurry. He will make a good underling for Boris Johnson though, and the public will be happy enough to see him in that role. At least Sajid understands his limits.

The leadership race showed that he has no chance of challenging in the future, as I predicted, the general public would never trust an Uncle Tom in a hurry. He will make a good underling for Boris Johnson though, and the public will be happy enough to see him in that role. At least Sajid understands his limits.

Although i agree with the gist of your arguments, things can take funny turns and as Harold Macmillan said in Response to a journalist when asked what is most likely to blow governments off course. "Events, dear boy, events".

Does not matter what his faith is. He is off Pakistani ethnicity that can never be changed and what matters to me:pkflag

The Mayor of London is of Pakistani Muslim background and Tony Blair's sister-in-law is also a practicing Muslim. For some inexplicable reason, The Guardian never mentions British politicians whose ethnic roots are Pakistani ...

It's seriously disappointing when British Pakistanis can't glorify and be proud of their Pakistani and Muslim roots. Unlike Riz Ahmed and many members of my own family who are 3rd and 4th gen British Pakistanis, who were raised in educated and culturally rich Pakistani families, they are very conscious of their rich cultural heritage. To sell one's soul for the sake of power and fame while forsaking the land and people which sacrificed much is not IMO an admirable quality. What contrast to British born cricketers Moeen Ali and Rashid who celebrate their Muslim and Pakistani roots :pkflag

i though he would have made a much better PM than Boris or the other clowns or were competing iting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"She watched the first Asians moving into Coronation Street... now she’s watched the first Asians move into Downing Street”<br><br>Chancellor Sajid Javid welcomes his mum to the Tory conference, adding in Punjabi “did you ever think we'd be here?”<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CPC19?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CPC19</a> <a href="https://t.co/0BLTfLDJGS">https://t.co/0BLTfLDJGS</a> <a href="https://t.co/pjG5UbGxVd">pic.twitter.com/pjG5UbGxVd</a></p>— BBC Politics (@BBCPolitics) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1178700973402836993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"She watched the first Asians moving into Coronation Street... now she’s watched the first Asians move into Downing Street”<br><br>Chancellor Sajid Javid welcomes his mum to the Tory conference, adding in Punjabi “did you ever think we'd be here?”<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CPC19?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CPC19</a> <a href="https://t.co/0BLTfLDJGS">https://t.co/0BLTfLDJGS</a> <a href="https://t.co/pjG5UbGxVd">pic.twitter.com/pjG5UbGxVd</a></p>— BBC Politics (@BBCPolitics) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1178700973402836993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tory Singh with a big up for Tory Javid :yk so sweet, it is a great moment to see the first coconut moving into downing street :yk3

Back