Shahid Afridi - Ducks Watch

He probably will, after the world cup though, because he is a performer in big stages :afridi.

hehehe..yeah, performer in big stages...3 ODI World Cups - some 140 odd runs at a grand average of 11.7...

I was referring to 2009 T20 WC, but I see your point, perhaps he will mature by the time WC 2011 comes around :afridi? [sarcasm, we all know that the beast does not evolve]

Lets see.

Fastest hundred in ODIs.

Highest Strike Rate.

Most number of Sixes in ODIs.

Most number of Sixes in International Cricket.

The ONLY Pakistani player to make 6000 plus runs, take 100 plus catches and 250 plus ODI Wickets.

Joint scorer of 2nd fastest ODI hundred.

But The Lovers will continue to dig deep into Zada's career to come up with such gems. Brings a tear to my eye. :afridi

And I bet we will see more love as this thread grows.

Legend. :afridi

I like Afridi, he's box office and damn entertaining. but his fans should never bring up stats. Ever.

Also 9 ducks in a career that has 2-3 years more to go? Its a sure bet.

yes indeed, he will be the record holder in ducks once he retires. but one thing is sure, he will be the best player in the HISTORY of cricket to hold the most ducks record :afridi

damn i thought this thread was going to be about breaking the record for 6s or 4s lol

nah he wont break it

i have confidence in Lala

@insaaniyat time to leave ....meeting ....will be back during Pak Inning ...I am hoping YK & Azhar still there tab aaega maza.....

Never has a 0(1) been so damn entertaining as it is when Afridi does it.

It wouldn't be right if he doesn't break the record with another magnificent one of those.

:afridi

Never has a 0(1) been so damn entertaining as it is when Afridi does it.

It wouldn't be right if he doesn't break the record with another magnificent one of those.

:afridi

hahahah nice stat to have

surprised then sanath jayasuriya is ahead of him but doesn't surprise me with the style of play each player play with

GC bhai to make this thread more electrifying change it into an SRT-Afridi competition thread.

100 hundreds or 100 Ducks. Which one will happen first? :))

Another number 1 spot coming Pakistans way soon thanks to the Legend that is Shahid Afirdi :afridi

Typical Afridi fan, trying to justify the most idiot and shamfeful record by any player with idiotic explanation.

Actually i think if it was worked out by comparing it with the number of innings it would be alot better

I'm going to use the same argument the Afridi haters use,

"When you've played that many games, it's bound to happen"

This argument has been used, in particular, for his amount of wickets, number of runs, and most importantly and hatingly, his tally of MOM awards.

I'm going to use the same argument the Afridi haters use,

"When you've played that many games, it's bound to happen"

This argument has been used, in particular, for his amount of wickets, number of runs, and most importantly and hatingly, his tally of MOM awards.

Check and mate.

I hope he does a Sachin with his 7,000th ODI run. I sincerely don't expect this man to score another run until he retires. It would be so fitting.

Typical Afridi fan, trying to justify the most idiot and shamfeful record by any player with idiotic explanation.

Afridi also makes up for it by being in the Top 10 ODI wicket takers of ALL time.

:)

Yunus Khan Right there on 11 and afridi is more of Hit or Miss, he is not a proper batsman.

Afridi also makes up for it by being in the Top 10 ODI wicket takers of ALL time.

:)

if you are going to play 300 games, then offcourse you are going to pick atleast 300 wickets...... Funny thing is that, Afridi's wicket taking ratio is close to 1 wicket per match lol

if you are going to play 300 games, then offcourse you are going to pick atleast 300 wickets...... Funny thing is that, Afridi's wicket taking ratio is close to 1 wicket per match lol

Then you might as well argue SRT is the highest run scorer cos he has played so many games. Statistics are proportional to longevity. Agreed?

Who care of his duck he,s hero of pakistan and he,s better than any pakistani batsman past or now atleast he can hit six take wickets

^

So in this sense 26 ducks are nothing in over 300 matches?

You got ur chance to criticise Afridi again didn't you? But I agree it's not a great record.....

I was given a chance to criticized by Afridi's die hard fans and I always welcome those opportunities, and this is the case for most of my posts.

I am glad you realized that this is not a great record, instead a shameful record.

haha..afridi always tries to be Number 1 at what he does..doesn't matter if its hitting sixes or scoring ducks;)

Some of those memorable ducks :kapil

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KozaM9CPyzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zcleASdG1Ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pkBLcCDRroI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GQJsPI8WJak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then you might as well argue SRT is the highest run scorer cos he has played so many games. Statistics are proportional to longevity. Agreed?

U have to consider Runs Scored per Inning Batting for SRT

Similarly u have to consider Wickets taken per Innings Played for Afridi
1 Wicket per Inning is Mediocre

Statics are clearly not Proportional to Longevity
Don Bradman has batted in very little innings compared to the great batsmen of modern times

YET Don Bradman's Runs Scored PER Innings Batted trumps them all

Last edited:
U have to consider Runs Scored per Inning Batting for SRT

Similarly u have to consider Wickets taken per Innings Played for Afridi
1 Wicket per Inning is Mediocre

I always do.

I was just using his argument against him.

So when he gets to No 1, does the ICC honour him with a special award at their yearly awards event?

only 5 players have played more games than him yet got less no. of ducks! and they are batsmen too. whereas he is an all rounder.

Your hate for Afridi and blind love for Misbah is amazing, almost painful to see, because it makes you overlook the facts so easily.

Considering the fact that Afrdi was not a regular bowler during his earlier matches,

Did you know that Wasim Akram, our highest ODI wicket taker averages less than 1.5 wickets per match. (502 in 356 matches, do the math)

- Go ahead and bash Akram as mediocre also.

Imran Khan also averaged about 1 wicket per match, as a matter of fact, all Pakistani bowlers (who have more than 100 wickets) average less than 2 wickets per match.

That is a fact...

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...?class=2;team=7;template=results;type=bowling

Afridi is in my top 10 list of best cricketers Pakistan has produced. You live by the word and you die by the sword and Afridi career can be summed up that way.

I hope he does a Sachin with his 7,000th ODI run. I sincerely don't expect this man to score another run until he retires. It would be so fitting.

This would be quite fitting. I also hope he mentions in every interview that he hopes to improve on his batting after which he continues his run of ducks.

This is one record he truly deserves, his 0(1)s have become legendary. :afridi

only has 6 more ducks ahead of great batsman like

sachin tendulkar
inzimam ul haq
ricky ponting

even chris gayle is not far behind . sanath jayasuria has more than him...this is bound to happen with the type of way all three of these batsman played

if you call afridi crap for 26 ducks then surely the three greats above should get the same criticism

6 isnt significantly higher

Last edited:
At least he is preserving an endangered species. What have you done for the environment lately?

Who cares bout the ducks, stats, I'd not trade him for any player in the world.

Back