Shakib al Hasan vs Ravindra Jadeja

Sankalp

Local Club Regular
Runs
Mind you I am comparing them in all formats - ODI's, Tests and T20's. Who you think is a better all rounder and match winner? Both are left arm spinner, left handed bat and brilliant filders.

Shakib would get in any Test team in my mind. 102 Test wickets including 5fers against all teams bar minnows Australia and Zimbabwe. As if that wasn't impressive he averages 36 with the bat - an average that would get him in the England team as a no. 6 on the evidence of the last few years. Jadeja? Left-arm dart bowler with an awful batting technique. I would be surprised if he was still playing Tests in a few years.

Shakib all the way. No comparison at all.

Re: Shakib Al Hassan vs Sir Ravindra Jadeja

Sir Jadeja >>>> Sobers. Shakib who? On a serious note, Sir Jadeja has played 3 tests only and a comparison immediately lol. Shakib is a future ATG. Sir Jadeja has improved but is still yet to perform on a consistent basis for a fairly long duration.

Last edited:
jadeja is massively underrated

compare the stats after jadeja has played about 20 tests. but based on what we have seen

batting: shakib al hasan > jadeja
bowling: jadeja >> shakib al hasan
fielding: jadeja >>> shakib al hasan

Shakib for me.
Let's wait and see what Sir Ravindra Jadega does in the future, only after that we can make a clear call.

blasphemy:murali

Sir Jadeja can't even be compared with Sobers,who is Shakib

OP,you have broken Clause 3 of Jaddu Code of Conduct and should be banned:viv

shakib is classy batsmen and equally good bowler,jadeja is still not good enough,infact he is very mediocre after all under19 success

Comparing a troll legend to a future legend?

Shakib is one of those players who has been quite consistant throughout the last 5 years and won his match with either bat or ball several times. He would get into Pak, NZ, WI, Aus, SL for his batting alone, and almost all other teams except for NZ and Pak would like to have a bowler of his caliber. The speciality about :shakib is that he learns quickly. 3 years ago he was an ordinary t20 player, but worked hard to improve his t20 skills and as a result was MOT of both BPLs.

Jadeja is an ordinary player, i rate ashwin better than jadeja.

Shakib is a better batsman, hands down! Is a better bowler! Jadeja is a better fielder... But cricket can be funny! Who knows, Sir RJ can be knighted in a few years :))

though shakib is much better than jadeja, but that doesn't mean much. Basically its choosing between 2 ordinary cricketers...Jadeja has not done nething noteworty till now, but its not that Shakib has lit the world on fire..All said and done, shakib averages 13 in england, 11 in SA and 12 in Lanka..To call him future ATG and all, is way OTT..most talented lads enjoy a hot spell or two, but most of them fall by the wayside..after all, those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first call promising.

though shakib is much better than jadeja, but that doesn't mean much. Basically its choosing between 2 ordinary cricketers...Jadeja has not done nething noteworty till now, but its not that Shakib has lit the world on fire..All said and done, shakib averages 13 in england, 11 in SA and 12 in Lanka..To call him future ATG and all, is way OTT..most talented lads enjoy a hot spell or two, but most of them fall by the wayside..after all, those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first call promising.

shakib has played only a handful of matches in England,SA, lanka. If given the oppurtunity he can easily improve his average present because his batting has improved a lot.

Btw, talking about ordinary, shakib has 5 wickets hauls against most teams. He is a really good bowler in tests despite lacking support from other other bowlers

shakib has played only a handful of matches in England,SA, lanka. If given the oppurtunity he can easily improve his average present because his batting has improved a lot.

Btw, talking about ordinary, shakib has 5 wickets hauls against most teams. He is a really good bowler in tests despite lacking support from other other bowlers

yea, lets wait and watch how much improvement you are talking about. Unless he scores runs, everything about his talent is just speculation, which at best keeps thing interesting.

Shakib finds it tough to be in the playing XI in most IPL games. If he is such a world class cricketer, why he cannot be amongst the 4 overseas cricketer for KKR.

Shakib finds it tough to be in the playing XI in most IPL games. If he is such a world class cricketer, why he cannot be amongst the 4 overseas cricketer for KKR.

So whether he gets selected in an IPL XI is a measure of his class? Crap players like Dan Christian and steven smith where regulars for their IPL XI. He does not get into KKR lineup because of the team combination, his competitors are: Kallis, McCullum(KP-batsman), narine and lee, so its tough for him to get a chance in KKR. If he played for another team in the last season he would definitely played more matches. Also dont forget, IPL selects player more for their star-factor and not really for their quality. He is a highly valued player world wide and he performs where it matters and that is for the national team.

BTW, shakib is a more established player in longer formats. He is the no.1 test allrounder and no. 2 in ODIs while no. 6/7 in T20 but that is because he hardly plays any T20Is.

Shakib has a batting average of 35 in Tests and has already taken 9 five wicket hauls in 28 matches and yet we are comparing this Classy Future Legend playing for a crap side with crappiest player of one of the sides ?

Shakib will be easily selected over Jadeja in both Tests, Odis and T20 for India.

Lets compare Jadeja to Imran Khan while we are at it:wahab

BTW I think we need a Jadeja smiley

I can understand if few Bangladeshi fans feel offended, the comparison is funny :))

I think Sir Jadeja is miles ahead of Shakib, shakib is highly overrated. Jadeja is a match winner, shakib always scores when the match is already lost. Jadeja always goes and pushes for the win unlike shakib, he's selfish

Shakib is too much overrated. Mostly by bd fans. Jadeja is future atg in rank turners.

First, we have to settle this:

Do Shakib's stats benefit from playing for BD or is he penalized for that?

Would Shakib still have as good stats playing alongside Ajmal/Gul/Junaid or Swann/Finn/Anderson (comparison with Abdul Rehman and Patel)?

Would he still average as much batting at 6 because of Tendu/Pujara/YK/Kohli or Pietersen/Cook/etc...

Would he average as much if he had to actually chase something and not hang in there to save BD's pride scoring whatever he can at whatever strike rate he can, staying not out at the end?

Would he average as much playing non-minnows more and getting out of his flat tracks/rank turners?

cant beleive some people are saying shakib al hasan is a better bowler than jadeja :O

jadeja is miles ahead of shakib al hasan in bowling. here are their stats

Code:
shakib

Tests 	28 	46 	6963 	3322 	102 	7/36 	9/115 	32.56 	2.86 	68.2 	4 	9 	0
ODIs 	126 	125 	6452 	4617 	160 	4/16 	4/16 	28.85 	4.29 	40.3 	4 	0 	0

jadeja

Tests 	3 	6 	1026 	326 	14 	3/33 	6/66 	23.28 	1.90 	73.2 	0 	0 	0
ODIs 	65 	62 	3000 	2392 	70 	4/32 	4/32 	34.17 	4.78 	42.8 	2 	0 	0

cant beleive some people are saying shakib al hasan is a better bowler than jadeja :O

Code:
shakib

jadeja

Jadeja>> Kallis, who the hell is Shakib

Code:
shakib

jadeja

jadeja played only 3 test matches! FYI, abul hasan, a tailender has a batting average of 140 after playing 2 tests. Surely by your logic, abul is the best batsman in the world.

And look at their bowling stats in ODIs, shakib has better Average and ER.

Shakib is too much overrated. Mostly by bd fans. Jadeja is future atg in rank turners.

Shakib has performed well in all kind of conditions and has 5 wicket haul overseas. Let jadeja come out of the SC and see how he performs. If shakib was really overrated by us, what really is your explanation for him being among the top allrounders ranks for the last 4 years? :)

People have hurt me big time in this thread, not even once respecting my hero, Sir Ravindra Jadeja:(......

But,.....

155067.jpg

To hell with you all:snack:!

Things are bad when you have a comparison thread with Bangladeshi player involved. :))

No offence :shakib fans

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pU_PnbX9uf0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pU_PnbX9uf0?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Opps:sami:yk

Smart Stat:

Did you guys know that Jadeja alone constitute about 1% of what is discussed on PP?

You can ask the mods if you dont belive me.

jadeja is massively underrated

compare the stats after jadeja has played about 20 tests. but based on what we have seen

batting: shakib al hasan > jadeja
bowling: jadeja >> shakib al hasan
fielding: jadeja >>> shakib al hasan

Clearly you have't seen Shakib play at all. Bowling and fielding Shakib>>>>Jadeja too. Not even close. Jadeja is underrated but he's nowhere near as good as Shakib.

what a foolish thread...it's like who's better Kamran Akmal or any of the new keepers we have tried..of course Kamran and Shakib are way ahead..

what a foolish thread...it's like who's better Kamran Akmal or any of the new keepers we have tried..of course Kamran and Shakib are way ahead..
Kamran well,he is the worst keeper-batsman among all test playing nations.

read the 3 tests part

relevant point and jst as an FYI, Shakib's ODI bowling average of 29 looks good bcoz he has played 45% of his ODI matches against Zimbabwe, Ireland, Netherland, Canada, Bermuda etc etc..He bowling average against the major teams -
45 against SA
48 against Aus
58 against India
55 against Lanka

need i say more? Both are chumpu cricketers, who are relevant only in T20 context..Its like comparing a pot with a kettle and debating who's more black...

relevant point and jst as an FYI, Shakib's ODI bowling average of 29 looks good bcoz he has played 45% of his ODI matches against Zimbabwe, Ireland, Netherland, Canada, Bermuda etc etc..He bowling average against the major teams -
45 against SA
48 against Aus
58 against India
55 against Lanka

need i say more? Both are chumpu cricketers, who are relevant only in T20 context..Its like comparing a pot with a kettle and debating who's more black...

and exactly how many matches has he played against those following countries? He has played mostly against the likes of pakistan, west indies, zimbabwe, NZ so we can only make a judgement when he plays more against the other nations. But so far, as an allrounder, an average below or even around 30 is good enough

Things are bad when you have a comparison thread with Bangladeshi player involved. :))

No offence :shakib fans

Or is it more like you know things are bad when your best player is compared to jadeja :))

Shakib would get into any current test team, can't say the same about Jadeja.

Shakib would get into any current test team, can't say the same about Jadeja.

he wouldnt get into Pakistan and England, and he will have to face his nemesis "Sir Jadeja" to break into the Indian team :yk

Here is my pick 3 days after I started the post :)

Shakib is ahead (just with little margin) from Jadeja as this moment.Having said that I can surely entertain the thought that Jadeja might surpass Shakib in near future. Dont ask me the reason, thats just my intution,

Shakib is a big fish in a small pond, where as Jadeja have to fight constatntly to keep his place in team India. The onus and motivation to improve his game more will be on Jadeja.Bangladesh cannot do without Shakib, India can without Jadeja.

Jadega is also younger to shakib, so he will play more if he maintains his form. Also, India plays much more cricket than Bangladesh, so Jadeja will have more oppurtunities than Shakib.

Jadeja shares dressing room with the like of Sachin, Dhoni and other stars, so he will have the oppurtunity to learn more. Shakib on the other hand is the biggest mentor in Bangladesh squad.

Hypothetical it may sound, If I was a gambler - I put my money on Jadeja.

Here is my pick 3 days after I started the post :)

Shakib is ahead (just with little margin) from Jadeja as this moment.

little margin? Ok let me compare their performances in ODIs because that is as fair as it gets.

Shakib has played 126 ODI matches and has scored 5 100s, and 25 50s, while has taken 160 wickets.

Jadeja has played 65 matches(half of what shakib has played) and scored 6 50s, and has taken 70 wickets. So had he played twice as much as shakib(130 matches), he probably would have had around 12-13 50s and 1 century, while having taken about 140 wickets. So in that consideration, shakib has 4 more centuries, 12 more 50s, and 20 more wickets than Jadeja.

I am not saying that jadeja cannot be better than shakib. Just saying that shakib has achieved much more than jadeja. Shakib has singlehandedly won several matches, can you list some of the similar contribution of jadeja.

Jadeja is more comparable to RP. Peterson bats in the same position as Ravindra jadeja and does not usually bowl his full quota, so not really a main spinner like jadeja. Both are left handed, and both are superb fielders.

Last edited:
Considering our power packed batting order, Jadeja hardly gets to bat! And I doubt if he'll be able to score century at 7! And Jadeja's bowling is improving slightly and may pick wickets more as the time goes by. We should also remember Jadeja was never and is not a permanent fixture in our team...

And if we compare their first class stats, Jadeja averages 51 with the bat compared to Shakib's 34! And 26 with the ball compared to Shakib's 30...

And if we compare their first class stats, Jadeja averages 51 with the bat compared to Shakib's 34! And 26 with the ball compared to Shakib's 30...

And Rohit sharma averages 60 with the bat!

I dont think FC average is not enought to judge a player. Some players have really good domestic stats behind them but are ordinary in the international level, whilst many are half decent in domestics but are really successful in the international level.

Not taking away from jadeja, he can surely improve from here onwards. But dont understand the hype due to his bowling performances against a team that is poor against spin on pitches that turn from ball one, and people start to compare him to sobers :p

And Rohit sharma averages 60 with the bat!

I dont think FC average is not enought to judge a player. Some players have really good domestic stats behind them but are ordinary in the international level, whilst many are half decent in domestics but are really successful in the international level.

Not taking away from jadeja, he can surely improve from here onwards. But dont understand the hype due to his bowling performances against a team that is poor against spin on pitches that turn from ball one, and people start to compare him to sobers :p

I believe Shakib is genuinely better than Jadeja...! I just wondered how they weigh in first class! It's not as if Shakib has set the world on fire! He is better than Jadeja so far...

P.S. Please don't bring Rohit Sharma here.. His List A average is 30 odd just like his ODI average and the dude never played a test match at all! He is still one of the best batsmen in our circuit..

Last edited:
a big difference here - shakib al hasan is massively overrated by bangladesh fans & ravindra jadeja is massively underrated by indian fans

and shakib al hasan has his stats inflated as he plays a lot of his matches against the associate teams & zimbabwe whereas ravindra jadeja plays lot of his matches against big teams like australia, england, pakistan

comparing jadeja to shakib al hasan is like comparing sachin tendulkar to steve tikolo. just because they are far better than most of the players they play with/against, doesnt make them the best in the world

jadeja is a mediocre bits and pieces player at best. Shakib is the complete package, could walk into any team at the moment. Only quality player BD has ever produced.

Last edited:
a big difference here - shakib al hasan is massively overrated by bangladesh fans & ravindra jadeja is massively underrated by indian fans

and shakib al hasan has his stats inflated as he plays a lot of his matches against the associate teams & zimbabwe whereas ravindra jadeja plays lot of his matches against big teams like australia, england, pakistan

comparing jadeja to shakib al hasan is like comparing sachin tendulkar to steve tikolo. just because they are far better than most of the players they play with/against, doesnt make them the best in the world

This has to be the most rubbish comment i have seen on Pakpassion so far!

So are you saying that a player who has been topping the allrounder rankings for the last 4 years is to Jadeja is like comparing Steve Tikolo(Who was a Word class player) to one of the best batsman of all time. So Jadeja >>>>> Shakib? Shakib is a performer with both bat and ball and consistantly performs under pressure.

Ok, how about i tell you about their IPL bowling performance? :))

Shakib in IPL 2012: 8 matches, 12 wickets, ER: 6.50
Jadeja in IPL 2012: 19 matches, 12 wickets, ER: 7.8

I think you are rating jadeja as much as sir Gary Sobers, arguably the best allrounder ever? Because some of your comments make me feel like that :p

This has to be the most rubbish comment i have seen on Pakpassion so far!

So are you saying that a player who has been topping the allrounder rankings for the last 4 years is to Jadeja is like comparing Steve Tikolo(Who was a Word class player) to one of the best batsman of all time. So Jadeja >>>>> Shakib? Shakib is a performer with both bat and ball and consistantly performs under pressure.

Ok, how about i tell you about their IPL bowling performance? :))

Shakib in IPL 2012: 8 matches, 12 wickets, ER: 6.50
Jadeja in IPL 2012: 19 matches, 12 wickets, ER: 7.8

I think you are rating jadeja as much as sir Gary Sobers, arguably the best allrounder ever? Because some of your comments make me feel like that :p

u said it all there. just being a world-class player doesnt make someone as the best player in the world. steve tikolo was a world-class player & so is shakib al hasan. no one is doubting that. but then as tendulkar is 1 of the best batsman of all time, similarly, jadeja is 1 of the best all-rounders in todays cricket

and :))) @ u using ipl stats to prove shakib al hasan better. look at their bowling performances against top teams in international cricket and u will urself accept the fact that jadeja>>>>shakib

v sa, shakib 7 wickets@44, jadeja 5 wickets@24
v aus, shakib 5 wickets@48, jadeja 7 wickets@52
v eng, shakib 11 wickets@30, jadeja 24 wickets@20
v pak, shakib 15 wickets@30, jadeja 5 wickets@20
v ind, shakib 7 wickets@57

:))) @ shakibs avgs against top teams. jadeja avges about 20 against top teams (except v aus where he avges 52, but then he played against them way back in 2009)

fsdf.png

LOL Jadeja supporters should take a look at his away stats. How pathetic. Also Jadeja averages 124 vs new zealand. take about nitpicking statistics. sad.

We can only imagine what kind of an all-rounder Shakib would be if he got proper support from the rest of his team

I am surprised (and happy) that he didn't pull off an Eoin Morgan and didn't decide to play for some other team because "I am too good for you guys"

Last edited:
We can only imagine what kind of an all-rounder Shakib would be if he got proper support from the rest of his team

I am surprised (and happy) that he didn't pull off an Eoin Morgan and didn't decide to play for some other team because "I am too good for you guys"

If I had to guess numbers, I'd say, if playing for England, SA or Pak, he'd be probably averaging around 35 with the ball and maybe 25 with the bat. Let's not even talk about selective stats outside the SC.

Playing for a minnow+Playing against minnows+Playing on SC flat decks and turners+Playing in the worst domestic league=The most overrated minnow player ever.

Last edited:

If he did that he would be really hate by bangladeshi people. The fame he gets from BD people is ubcomparable to playing for England, SA, NZ, Australia. Also, SC players do not really do not really change their nationality for the sake of playing for another team, azhar mahmood is an exception

lolll Amit.. Jadeja is not even good enough to lick Shakibs shoes

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who picks Jadeja currently is either biased or a retard. A good judgement on Jadeja can be made after he plays at least 20 Test matches.

If he did that he would be really hate by bangladeshi people. The fame he gets from BD people is ubcomparable to playing for England, SA, NZ, Australia. Also, SC players do not really do not really change their nationality for the sake of playing for another team, azhar mahmood is an exception

:tahir

p.s Fawad Ahmed wants to play for Australia

fsdf.png

LOL Jadeja supporters should take a look at his away stats. How pathetic. Also Jadeja averages 124 vs new zealand. take about nitpicking statistics. sad.

goodness me are those batting stats? :) That's my point, what exactly are people comparing here. The title of the thread should be "who is worse - Shakib or Jadeja". One has a bowling averages of 40, other one has it 50+. Both are champu cricketers, and both should thank their fortunes that they get to play international cricket.

@all those people saying shakib al hasan is better than jadeja, should look at these stats against top teams in odis

Code:
                        Mat 	Inns    Overs 	Mdns 	Runs 	Wkts 	BBI 	Ave 	Econ 	SR 	4 	5 	
Ravindra Jadeja 	29 	28 	231.4 	10 	1073 	41 	4/33 	26.17 	4.63 	33.9 	1 	0
Shakib Al Hasan 	41 	41 	373.2 	13 	1754 	45 	3/32 	38.97 	4.69 	49.7 	0 	0

it is clear that jadeja has done well against big teams in odis as compared to shakib who has inflated his stats playing against minnows. shakib might be the better batsman, but as a bowler, he isnt even fit to polish jadejas boots

@all those people saying shakib al hasan is better than jadeja, should look at these stats against top teams in odis

Code:
                        Mat 	Inns    Overs 	Mdns 	Runs 	Wkts 	BBI 	Ave 	Econ 	SR 	4 	5 	
Ravindra Jadeja 	29 	28 	231.4 	10 	1073 	41 	4/33 	26.17 	4.63 	33.9 	1 	0
Shakib Al Hasan 	41 	41 	373.2 	13 	1754 	45 	3/32 	38.97 	4.69 	49.7 	0 	0

it is clear that jadeja has done well against big teams in odis as compared to shakib who has inflated his stats playing against minnows. shakib might be the better batsman, but as a bowler, he isnt even fit to polish jadejas boots

that's nitpicking. majority of jadeja's career is at home on dust bowls. Look at the stats I posted. I excluded all minnow teams and it gives a home, away, neutral analysis. You'll be shocked at what you see. Shakib is clearly the better bowler by miles and miles.

Back