Shakib al Hasan vs Ravindra Jadeja

that's nitpicking. majority of jadeja's career is at home on dust bowls. Look at the stats I posted. I excluded all minnow teams and it gives a home, away, neutral analysis. You'll be shocked at what you see. Shakib is clearly the better bowler by miles and miles.

i can say the same about ur stats as well. even thats a type of nitpicking. still in ur stats, jadeja has done better at home & both have sucked away (>50 avg), so theres nothing like " better bowler by miles and miles" which u have said for shakib

and jadeja has done well in tests as well, whereas shakib has generally struggled in tests with the ball

that's nitpicking. majority of jadeja's career is at home on dust bowls. Look at the stats I posted. I excluded all minnow teams and it gives a home, away, neutral analysis. You'll be shocked at what you see. Shakib is clearly the better bowler by miles and miles.

You are clearly saying 'miles' because Jadeja is an Indian. Get the bs off. Your stats only prove that Jadeja is better at home (you cannot see your own stats properly , it seems, lol) and they are similar away. only in neutral territory , is Shakib a bit better but still avg.<50.

Last edited:
Jadeja's easily better. Got Clarke out 5 times this series. The best fielder currently in world cricket. Shakib is ok but wouldn't make it into the India side. Pretty mediocre fielder. An all round ok player in an awful team.

Jadeja's easily better. Got Clarke out 5 times this series. The best fielder currently in world cricket. Shakib is ok but wouldn't make it into the India side. Pretty mediocre fielder. An all round ok player in an awful team.

Shakib has a batting average of 35 apart from bowling skills, that alone guarantees a test spot to Sakib in the Indian team if even Jadeja can make it.

Lololololol ever heard of Martin Guptil? He'd run rings around Jadeja

Some people saying that Jadeja is a better bowler because he is bowling on square turns against an aussie side ordinary against spin. We can only make a fair comparison when shakib gets to play on similar type of pitches and similar situations. Another thing to consider is that shakib hasnt bowled much in the the last 2 days because BD usually loses by an innings

BTW, ranvindra jadeja hasnt done anything significant while batting. Dont want people to bring out excuses that he bats so low down the order. Nasir Hossain has an average of 48 in tests batting at 7/8, and dont forget the likes of raina who have done with the limited chances batting at no. 7 yet being quite successful

Jadeja is not even an all-rounder. Shakib apparently holds the record for being the quickest (in terms of matches) and youngest all-rounder to achieve more than a 1000 runs in tests and one-days and 100+ wickets in tests and one-days TOGETHER. Until Jadeja picks up a test 100 and 5 wicket haul in the same innings like Shakib then to be fair the comparison can start. Ashwin or Hafeez would've been a better comparison.

Too early to compare. Let Jadeja complete 25 tests, with some away also. I am not even sure Jadeja will last 25 tests, though he is proving deadly at home!!

Shakib is not a great batsman (which good attack has he dominated?) but he is a good bowler who can make it to most test sides.

this thread has officially turned into a joke now. take that haters :D

How many of you still believe Shakib Al Hassan is better than Jadeja?? :13:

How many of you still believe Shakib Al Hassan is better than Jadeja?? :13:

Every sane person in this forum.

Shakib was playing his first match after injury and was surely not even 80% fit but the gamble was taken because we needed some firepower in our batting. Shakib has been playing consistently in almost every series, in both departments. Jadeja is doing well in IPL, but hey, that is a domestic T20 competition. In that sense we can bring up that Sakib was the MOS in BPL-2, performed with both bat and ball.

Every insane person in this forum.

corrected

all sane persons would say jadeja is better than shakib. saying shakib is better than jadeja is like saying steve tikolo is better than sachin tendulkar

I created a thread early on, comparing Shakib with Ashwin. And received a lot of flak for it. I think it's much closer than that.

corrected

all sane persons would say jadeja is better than shakib. saying shakib is better than jadeja is like saying steve tikolo is better than sachin tendulkar

You're trolling or serious?

corrected

shouldnt it be opposite? SAH has performed on countless occassions with bot bat and ball.

I created a thread early on, comparing Shakib with Ashwin. And received a lot of flak for it. I think it's much closer than that.

Ashwin only played a small amount of tests so cant make a proper judgement. In LOIs is far better

aswhin may turn out to to be the better bowler but nowhere near as an allrounder

shouldnt it be opposite? SAH has performed on countless occassions with bot bat and ball.

against weak teams only. jadeja has performed against top teams like australia & england and won us numerous matches

i have always said that comparing jadeja with shakib is like comparing tendulkar with steve tikolo

against weak teams only. jadeja has performed against top teams like australia & england and won us numerous matches

i have always said that comparing jadeja with shakib is like comparing tendulkar with steve tikolo

jadeja won you numerous matches? LOL seriously?

and about shakib performing only against weaker teams, he only played zimbabwe twice

and give me a list of all the matches where he has performed brilliantly

If I'm not wrong you are the same person who believe that Zaheer Khan is among the top 10 Test bowlers ever, right?

not taking anything away from jadeja, he is starting to showing some promise lately and will turnout to be a great prospect for India in the future but anyone who has watched every match both of them played, they would vote for shakib especially considering how many times he saved BD from humiliationa and at times singlehandedly winning matches. This was the architect of the whitewash of NZ in 2010 and series of quality performance in asia cup 2012

not taking anything away from jadeja, he is starting to showing some promise lately and will turnout to be a great prospect for India in the future

No he won't, he's just a fad and will fade away real soon. His batting in all formats is very feeble too, you can't really refer to him as anything more than a bits-and-pieces player.

If I'm not wrong you are the same person who believe that Zaheer Khan is among the top 10 Test bowlers ever, right?

no, but i said zaheer is amongst the top 10 fast bowlers of all time, not top 10 bowlers. u missed the "fast bowlers" part. and any sane person would say that zaheer khan is amongst the top 10 fast bowlers of all time

@Amit
Wasim
Waqar
Marshall
Lillee
Hadlee
Holding
Roberts
Mcgrath
Donald
Steyn

That's 10 names without thinking

no, but i said zaheer is amongst the top 10 fast bowlers of all time, not top 10 bowlers. u missed the "fast bowlers" part. and any sane person would say that zaheer khan is amongst the top 10 fast bowlers of all time

None of us are insane, I don't think.

How is Zaheer better than,

Walsh,Ambrose,McGrath,Wasim,Waqar,Steyn,Donald,Pollock,Akhtar and Anderson?
These are just 10 of many that i can remember that are better than Zaheer.

jadeja won you numerous matches? LOL seriously?

and about shakib performing only against weaker teams, he only played zimbabwe twice

he played a big role in most of indias wins after 2011 wc

took 11 wickets @ 17 avg in 5 matches in indias 5-0 win over eng in 2011. leading wicket taker in that series

took 9 wickets @ 23.77 avg in 5 matches in indias 4-1 win over wi in 2011. again leading wicket taker in that series

bowled a match winning spell of 1/19 in the 3rd odi v pak at delhi as he helped india defend 167

took 9 wickets @ 15.77 avg in 5 matches in indias 3-2 win over eng in 2013. 2nd highest wicket taker in the series & the highest from india

took 24 wickets @ 17.45 avg in 4 tests in indias historic 4-0 win over aus in 2013. 2nd highest wicket taker in the series

shakib al hasan performs only against teams like zimbabwe & new zealand and here we have people overhyping him :))) can u make a list of matches which shakib won for u guys against top 5 teams

Jadeja is a load of crap! just looks at his stats. Shakib has 5 wicket hauls in England, South Africa and New Zealand. Did Jadeja score a 100 and take a 5 wicket haul in the same tests as of yet? NO!!! fielding wise yes Jadeja is better than Shakib. Also most of Shakib wickets have come on flat/seam pitches whereas Jadeja spinning ones.

Also the biggest achievement of Shakib is that he's the youngest and quickest all-rounder in history to achieve more than a 1000 runs in Test and ODI and more than a 100 wickets in Tests and ODIs together so enough said.

Last edited:

Top 10 fast bowlers in history and Zaheer? You got to be kidding.

If you sat down to make a list then you might find 15-20 fast bowlers, who are better than him, only in last 20 years. He was fantastic for few years and helped India get to number one rank but you can't put him anywhere close to top 10 fast bowlers in history.

ODI:

MOM awards,

20 Mar 2012 Vs SL
16 Mar 2012 Vs Ind
14 Jan 2009 Vs SL

2 times Vs NZ & 2 times Vs WI ( You can't discount it because WI/NZ are much stronger team than BD so getting Man of the match is not easy for Shakib. Man of the Match are usually given to a member of winning team)

TEST

In Test match, given that all teams are stronger than BD, batting average of 34.79 and bowling average of 32.92 is not bad at all. It's very good performance. To put it in perspective, your so called top 10 bowler, Zaheer has career average of 32.35 in bowling. Not better than Shakib. Not saying that Shakib was more valuable or better bowler but trying to put things in perspective for you. No way bringing Shakib in discussion is same as bringing Tikolo.

Shakib is fantastic player for BD and even for world cricket. If he was playing for a stronger team then he would have won more MOM awards.

Last edited:
Shakib is overrated , look what happened after he came into the team. He plays politics, i would say it's better to drop him. We were doing ok before he came into the team. We performed well but his inclusion we collapsed due to his politics. :butt

He wasn't even fit to field, bat or bowl still he was selected ahead of young Monimul who scored 2 fifties and looks like a bright prospect. Shakib should have proven himself first by playing in the domestic circuit before just immediately entering the team. Also, about time out of form players gets the kick, Mahmudullah etc are just extra baggage.

People are still not ready to accept Jadeja is a better player? Ok no probs...lets bump this thread after sometime then again ;-)

Shakib Al Hassan vs Sir Ravindra Jadeja

Shakib, at the moment.

People are still not ready to accept Jadeja is a better player? Ok no probs...lets bump this thread after sometime then again ;-)

Jadeja is yet to do something with the bat in his entire career. Bump this thread when you jadeja has as many centuries as shakib

How can you compare a player who has played just 5 Tests so far to a player who has played 29 Tests? Jadeja needs to play a total of at least 20 Tests for him to be compared to anyone. Right now, Shakib is clearly ahead.

Both are ver similar so it is very difficult to judge who is better than who but one adavantage Sir have is, he is playing for India.

Both are ver similar so it is very difficult to judge who is better than who but one adavantage Sir have is, he is playing for India.

I do have hopes from Jadeja that he'll turn out to be good for India in the long run. Maybe as good as Harbhajan if not better. Harbhajan was a good bowler by Indian standards until he lost his form.

I do have hopes from Jadeja that he'll turn out to be good for India in the long run. Maybe as good as Harbhajan if not better. Harbhajan was a good bowler by Indian standards until he lost his form.

Somewhere I read it's not us(fans) who is trolling Jadeja but it is him trolling us through his performances. :)

Though in reality I hate such comparisons because we(Indian fans) have a track record of over-hyping ordinary players, hope Sir will prove me wrong :)

Somewhere I read it's not us(fans) who is trolling Jadeja but it is him trolling us through his performances. :)

Though in reality I hate such comparisons because we(Indian fans) have a track record of over-hyping ordinary players, hope Sir will prove me wrong :)

What's really feels nice is those of us (me included) who made fun of him left, right and center ....... he has made each of us eat our words so far in his brief run in Tests :)

What do you mean by Indian standards? India have always produced great spinners...definitely best from SC. We only lack in pace battery.:junaid

What do you mean by Indian standards? India have always produced great spinners...definitely best from SC. We only lack in pace battery.:junaid

By the standard of Indian players who emerged after 1990, I should have added that. Yes, we have produced the best spinners from the sub-continent.

Similar? There is a big difference between roles of jadeja and shakib. One bats at number 5 for a team and always have to bat under tremendous pressure, and the other bats at 7 that too for a team with plenty of decent batsman and either plays under no pressure or has to blindly slog.

:shakib is a genuine allrounder, jadeja is more of a bowling allrounder and should be compared to vettori who was an excellent bowler who could bat as well in the lower order. However, I doubt jadeja will become like vettori considering that his stats will be spoiled due to large number of matches he will play in the dustbowls of India, and ofcourse SL :))

Similar? There is a big difference between roles of jadeja and shakib. One bats at number 5 for a team and always have to bat under tremendous pressure, and the other bats at 7 that too for a team with plenty of decent batsman and either plays under no pressure or has to blindly slog.

:shakib is a genuine allrounder, jadeja is more of a bowling allrounder and should be compared to vettori who was an excellent bowler who could bat as well in the lower order. However, I doubt jadeja will become like vettori considering that his stats will be spoiled due to large number of matches he will play in the dustbowls of India, and ofcourse SL :))

By comparing Sir with Daniel Vettori you are putting down Shakib, I rate D.Vettori more than Sir and Shakib.

By comparing Sir with Daniel Vettori you are putting down Shakib, I rate D.Vettori more than Sir and Shakib.

Vettori is a gem of a player. One of the best SLA of our time though stats dont suggest because he plays most of his cricket in NZ which is not friendly for spinners.

The reason I compared jadeja to vettori is because both players have SIMILAR roles. Both bat low down the order and are regular bowlers. But ofcourse Vettori is a far more accomplished cricket than jadeja who is relatively a newbie, not to mention he was a quality player ever since he debuted at a raw age of 18

Vettori is a gem of a player. One of the best SLA of our time though stats dont suggest because he plays most of his cricket in NZ which is not friendly for spinners.

The reason I compared jadeja to vettori is because both players have SIMILAR roles. Both bat low down the order and are regular bowlers. But ofcourse Vettori is a far more accomplished cricket than jadeja who is relatively a newbie, not to mention he was a quality player ever since he debuted at a raw age of 18

Yes Jadeja is a newbie and that's why I said in my earlier posts that these comparisons doesn't substantiate who is better than who because Shakib is a mainstay in BD team but Jadeja is yet to cement his place in Ind team.

Though having watched both of them, I find a lot of similarities in the way they handle things(batting , bowling), of course you don't have to take it in a negative way, SIR still has to prove a lot to warrant a comparison with Shakib.

What beautiful bowling by Sir. The short bowls are really spinning

Yes Jadeja is a newbie and that's why I said in my earlier posts that these comparisons doesn't substantiate who is better than who because Shakib is a mainstay in BD team but Jadeja is yet to cement his place in Ind team.

Though having watched both of them, I find a lot of similarities in the way they handle things(batting , bowling), of course you don't have to take it in a negative way, SIR still has to prove a lot to warrant a comparison with Shakib.

I am not taking it in a negative way. I am stating that there is a difference between their roles as batsman. Shakib comes at 5 as a front line batsman, jaddu comes in as a finisher. Its like comparing bevan to dravid. Both play in their own style(one thing ofcourse, none of them ever want to get out) and have different roles in the team. As bowler they have similar roles though jadeja is a bowler who bowls during middle overs only while shakib have to bowl during PPs and death overs.

Shakib plays in similar situations like mahmood, dwayne bravo....Jadeja is more of a Robin pietersen or vettori type and that is how he should be judged. To him bowling comes first, batting comes 2nd and he should be relatively happy with what he did against Australia

Sir is the best. All hail our Sir. How dare you even compare him with an ordinary all rounder like Shakib. Once Sir smoked a cigar. What's left over of that cigar, is a trophy over which England and Australia play. So no comparison :yk

if u read my posts,

batting: shakib > jadeja
bowling: jadeja >> shakib

surely, you are joking?

Since we don't have large enough sample to compare, it all comes down to which one of the following do you rate more? Indian domestic cricket or Bangladesh domestic cricket.

Jadeja would've been a regular in BD setup.

Since we don't have large enough sample to compare, it all comes down to which one of the following do you rate more? Indian domestic cricket or Bangladesh domestic cricket.

Jadeja would've been a regular in BD setup.

dont think so because we have plenty of SLAs. Ashwin could not Jadeja

a better comparison would be their LOIs performance. SAH has superior stats in LOIs and dont think jadeja will come close in LOIs but maybe in tests because India plays a lot of test cricket.

Last edited:
dont think so because we have plenty of SLAs. Ashwin could not Jadeja

a better comparison would be their LOIs performance. SAH has superior stats in LOIs and dont think jadeja will come close in LOIs but maybe in tests because India plays a lot of test cricket.

In LOI's Jadeja will not get that many chance and coming after 40+ overs in "hit out or get out " stage won't prove anything. Tests are normally considered as the standard of gauging players ability so we will have to wait and see but I would rate SIR on par with Shakib based on their FC performances.

If you judge FC matches than Rohit sharma is better than some of the greats of today. Shakib played FC cricket only in his younger days and a bit in his recent times.

We can only judge them based on their intl performance. But shakib and jadeja, like you mentioned have different roles so you should compare jadeja to a bowling allrounder like vettori and not shakib who is key with both bat and ball for the team though not superior at any of them

Jadeja has improved but still a mediocre all-rounder. People say his bowling is superior to Shakib and if so then let him play in the South Africa series and pick up 2 5 wicket hauls like Shakib did taking wickets of Amla, Kallis, De Villers, Prince etc.

Shakib is a much better batsman and bowler than Jadeja but Jadeja is a much better fielder than Shakib.

Wake me up when Jadeja did what shakib did in the last 2 t20 matches. Shakib's competitors are Watson and Hafeez only.

Such a shame that there are so few allrounders these day. Has to do with the amount of cricket played these days

The problem with Bangladesh players is not necessarily skill or talent its intelligents. They dont have the temperament to build an innings after they have laid a foundation. This is the most crucial part of cricket i.e. consolidate an innings into a position of dominance. You cant expect to go at a similar rate be it ODI's or Test cricket.

Despite playing for the best IPL team, Jadeja still cannot score 1 fifty. Even Ashwin is better than Jadeja.

The problem with Bangladesh players is not necessarily skill or talent its intelligents. They dont have the temperament to build an innings after they have laid a foundation. This is the most crucial part of cricket i.e. consolidate an innings into a position of dominance. You cant expect to go at a similar rate be it ODI's or Test cricket.

The problem is that the team lacks senior batsman. When shakib, Mushy, Nasir and Tamim will get older, they would be able to guide the others. With age comes responsibility.

Sad but true, only spinners in BD have proper guidance, infact, to be precise, only the SLAs. Experience matter in cricket. We need to play more cricket, even if that means to play against Ireland and Afghanistan, both not too far from us

Despite playing for the best IPL team, Jadeja still cannot score 1 fifty. Even Ashwin is better than Jadeja.

Agreed, Aswhin is a decent bowler and has had some good performance with the bat. India should be happy to have a player like Ashwin

So a performance against Zimbos in a meaningless t'20...chest pumping starts :14:
And lol comparing Shakib with Hafeez and Watson. Someone needs to wake up :)

The problem is that the team lacks senior batsman. When shakib, Mushy, Nasir and Tamim will get older, they would be able to guide the others. With age comes responsibility.

Sad but true, only spinners in BD have proper guidance, infact, to be precise, only the SLAs. Experience matter in cricket. We need to play more cricket, even if that means to play against Ireland and Afghanistan, both not too far from us

They are better than Bangladesh

Wake me up when Jadeja did what shakib did in the last 2 t20 matches. Shakib's competitors are Watson and Hafeez only.

Such a shame that there are so few allrounders these day. Has to do with the amount of cricket played these days

Shakib is a good player, the best Bangladesh produced and all that. He has our respect., now please don't go OTT and talk crap.

Shakib is a good player, the best Bangladesh produced and all that. He has our respect., now please don't go OTT and talk crap.
This is nothing...he once compared Shakib with Kapil Dev. That is the most bizzare thing I have ever heard on this planet :))

This is nothing...he once compared Shakib with Kapil Dev. That is the most bizzare thing I have ever heard on this planet :))

prove that I said that shakib is as good as Kapil Dev or even better. If so then I will leave PP

I don't think Executioner ever compared Kapil with Shakib! Even if he did, nothing wrong.. Shakib is a good player indeed, but it's still early stages.. Let the bloke perform in tough conditions against tougher opponents,. Shakib has the potential no doubt, but so did many others!

:facepalm:

What I meant that Kapil was a class player. He played in a team without too many superstars and would help his team get over the line.

The "Situation" was similar to that what sakib is facing. Not too many other quality players in the side, so he has huge resp. to take his team on his shoulders. But never have I said that Shakib is as good as Kapil, you misunderstood what I said. Dont blame me, blame yourself.

:facepalm:

What I meant that Kapil was a class player. He played in a team without too many superstars and would help his team get over the line.

The "Situation" was similar to that what sakib is facing. Not too many other quality players in the side, so he has huge resp. to take his team on his shoulders. But never have I said that Shakib is as good as Kapil, you misunderstood what I said. Dont blame me, blame yourself.

:46: Never again do this kinda comparison in future.

On the topic of this thread - Yes Shakib is ahead ATM...but Jadeja might catch him soon.

Back