Shireen Mazari announces she is quitting the PTI and active politics

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Former human rights minister and PTI leader Shireen Mazari was "beaten and taken away by male police officers", her daughter Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir tweeted on Saturday.

"All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her."

Officials of the Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) confirmed to Dawn.com that Shireen had been taken into custody.

A 'kidnapping'

Outside the Kohsar police station, a visibly distraught Imaan gave a brief statement to the media, in which she termed her mother's detention a "kidnapping".

"She was kidnapped — I won't say she was arrested," she said, standing alongside PTI senior leaders Fawad Chaudhry and Shibli Faraz. "When someone is arrested, the police inform you on what charge [a person] is taken away for," she added.

"I don't know where she is. She has been forcibly disappeared by this government because they think women are soft targets."

She then said: "I won't spare anyone if anything happens to my mother."

She then walked away and said she would let the PTI officials speak.

When he spoke, Chaudhry agreed with Imaan's characterisation of the detention being a kidnapping. "This is an abduction. We don't know about her whereabouts. This is a grave human rights violation.

He added that the manner in which this government picked up a woman and "subjected her to violence and tore her clothes and the inhumane way she was taken [is condemnable]".

Dr Mazari is a respected academic and is well known for her services to human rights, Chaudhry said.

"This is declaration of war by the government, and if that is the case, it's a declaration of war from our end as well. Now if there has to be a fight then it will be a fight."

Meanwhile, former special assistant to the prime minister on political communication, Shahbaz Gill, asked PTI workers to reach the capital's Kohsar police station.

Condemnations

PTI Punjab president Shafqat Mehmood condemned what he termed the "illegal and brutal kidnapping" of the former minister. He also announced that the party would hold a protest at Lahore's Liberty roundabout at 8pm.

PTI leader Farrukh Habib also condemned the detention. "Shireen Mazari was insulted by male police officers and was dragged away and arrested," he said on Twitter. "Officials had also visited her house a few days ago."

Former law minister Babar Awan lashed out at the "shameless and show-off" government for arresting Shireen, saying it was proving that no one was safe.

PPP MNA Nafisa Shah said it was "wrong" to arrest Shireen who had no allegations against her.

Journalist Mazhar Abbas tweeted, "Shireen Mazari, the first political prisoner under the present government. Political leaders and governments not ready to learn lesson from the past. I don't agree with all her views but strongly condemned her arrest and humiliation."

Condemning the arrest, journalist Asma Shirazi said it was "simply harassment".

DAWN

Last edited:
Former human rights minister and PTI leader Shireen Mazari was "beaten and taken away by male police officers", her daughter Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir tweeted on Saturday.

"All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her."

Officials of the Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) confirmed to Dawn.com that Shireen had been taken into custody.

A 'kidnapping'

Outside the Kohsar police station, a visibly distraught Imaan gave a brief statement to the media, in which she termed her mother's detention a "kidnapping".

"She was kidnapped — I won't say she was arrested," she said, standing alongside PTI senior leaders Fawad Chaudhry and Shibli Faraz. "When someone is arrested, the police inform you on what charge [a person] is taken away for," she added.

"I don't know where she is. She has been forcibly disappeared by this government because they think women are soft targets."

She then said: "I won't spare anyone if anything happens to my mother."

She then walked away and said she would let the PTI officials speak.

When he spoke, Chaudhry agreed with Imaan's characterisation of the detention being a kidnapping. "This is an abduction. We don't know about her whereabouts. This is a grave human rights violation.

He added that the manner in which this government picked up a woman and "subjected her to violence and tore her clothes and the inhumane way she was taken [is condemnable]".

Dr Mazari is a respected academic and is well known for her services to human rights, Chaudhry said.

"This is declaration of war by the government, and if that is the case, it's a declaration of war from our end as well. Now if there has to be a fight then it will be a fight."

Meanwhile, former special assistant to the prime minister on political communication, Shahbaz Gill, asked PTI workers to reach the capital's Kohsar police station.

Condemnations

PTI Punjab president Shafqat Mehmood condemned what he termed the "illegal and brutal kidnapping" of the former minister. He also announced that the party would hold a protest at Lahore's Liberty roundabout at 8pm.

PTI leader Farrukh Habib also condemned the detention. "Shireen Mazari was insulted by male police officers and was dragged away and arrested," he said on Twitter. "Officials had also visited her house a few days ago."

Former law minister Babar Awan lashed out at the "shameless and show-off" government for arresting Shireen, saying it was proving that no one was safe.

PPP MNA Nafisa Shah said it was "wrong" to arrest Shireen who had no allegations against her.

Journalist Mazhar Abbas tweeted, "Shireen Mazari, the first political prisoner under the present government. Political leaders and governments not ready to learn lesson from the past. I don't agree with all her views but strongly condemned her arrest and humiliation."

Condemning the arrest, journalist Asma Shirazi said it was "simply harassment".

DAWN

So she speaks against Bajwa and the clowns in the establishment come up with this. Pathetic is too being too kind.

She is against army hence.

That's why you have tribals and baloch take on army , then when the establishment and its footsoldiers get a kicking they send off peace proposals to the taliban and other rebels.

Soft targets like shireen mazari and the family murdered in sahiwal motorway are easy targets

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our senior party leader Shireen Mazari has reportedly been violently abducted from outside her house by this fascist regime.<br><br>Shireen is strong and fearless, if the imported govt thinks it can coerce her by this fascism, they have miscalculated! 1/2<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ReleaseDrMazari?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ReleaseDrMazari</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1527979988334551040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our movement is completely peaceful but this fascist imported govt wants to push the country towards chaos. As if sending the economy into tailspin wasn't enough,they now want anarchy to avoid elections.<br>Today we will protest and tmrw after CC meeting I’ll announce our Long March</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1527979990347829249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) senior leader and former federal minister Fawad Chaudhry has said PML-N led federal government has declared war by arresting party leader Shireen Mazari from Islamabad, ARY News reported on Saturday.

Talking to the media outside Kohsar police station along with Imaan Mazari, Shibli Faraz and other PTI leaders, Fawad Chaudhry said they are ready for the war if the government wants it.

He said the Kohsar police are not giving them details about the whereabouts of the senior party leader. We don’t have any information about Mazari, he added.

Read more: Police arrest PTI’s Shireen Mazari from Islamabad

Expressing her views on the occasion, Imaan Mazari, daughter of PTI leader Shireen Mazari claimed that her mother has been arrested illegally and unconstitutionally. Imaan said she won’t spare anyone if anything happened to her mother.

Anti-corruption Punjab and Islamabad police on Saturday in a joint action arrested Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) leader and former federal minister Shireen Mazari from outside her house.

The news was confirmed by PTI leader Iftikhar Durrani on his Twitter handle. The former SAPM asked the PTI leaders and workers to reach Kohsar police station.

Sources privy to the development said that a case was registered against Mazari in DG Khan over 129 acre land dispute and despite repeated requests, she did not appear.

ARY

Apparently the FIR is from 1972 when Mazari was just 6 years old.

Yeh Bajwa pooray mulk mein aag lagwa kay hi chorayga

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">'I am coming after this government, this is a warning for you,' Human rights activist and lawyer Imaan Mazari did not mince her words as she hit out at the current regime over the incarceration of her mother Shireen Mazari<br><br>Visit: <a href="https://t.co/umnJmyyW5p">https://t.co/umnJmyyW5p</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/etribune?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#etribune</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/shireenmazari?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#shireenmazari</a> <a href="https://t.co/zbwK3hqhp8">pic.twitter.com/zbwK3hqhp8</a></p>— The Express Tribune (@etribune) <a href="https://twitter.com/etribune/status/1527970642129207296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Title needs some adding please.

She is arrested on the basis of an FIR which was filed in 1972.

And she is arrested now in 2022.

Juts wOOw.

And if i am not wrong, she was only SIX years old then.

Welcome to Purana Pakistan [MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] [MENTION=140234]DRsohail[/MENTION] [MENTION=156349]Hextro[/MENTION]

Welcome to Purana Pakistan [MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] [MENTION=140234]DRsohail[/MENTION] [MENTION=156349]Hextro[/MENTION]

Our establishment and the imports are just getting desperate. How old was she when she committed this heinous crime? Lol

Mujrimah MNS says, Shireen Mazari must face the charges against her, PTI is playing Aurat Card now.

And then "I dont know nothing about Shireen Mazari arrest"

PMLN was the lowest level party in past when it comes to rules and manners.

But PDM is now crossing all limits now.

And PDM's pet journalists are trying very very hard to justify this arrest.

Media reporting that Criminal Hamza Shahbaz has ordered release of Dr. Shireen Mazari.

Apparently, order came from 'somewhere else' because govt was trying to blame the arrest on institutions & trying to pit PTI against them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dr. Shireen Mazari was arrested by female police officers as per the law on the request of the anti-corruption department. News of any mishandling is baseless.</p>— Islamabad Police (@ICT_Police) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICT_Police/status/1527988661614256129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This situation is giving me Calibri font[SUP]TM[/SUP] flashbacks.

Yet another miscalculation by PDM

Last edited:
If SM has a case against her, give her a charge sheet and then arrest as a last resort. This is shows we have incompetent fascists in control

Apparently the FIR is from 1972 when Mazari was just 6 years old.

Yeh Bajwa pooray mulk mein aag lagwa kay hi chorayga

Youth was doing bhangra when power-hungry Bajwa got an extension. :)))

LAHORE: PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz Saturday responded to PTI leader and former human rights minister Shireen Mazari's arrest, saying that she was "not happy" about it.

During an interaction with PML-N's social media team, Maryam said: "I was not happy to learn about Mazari's arrest, but I saw on TV that the case against her was established during Buzdar's government and it was related to an 800-acre land which belonged to the state."

Maryam said the anti-corruption department had arrested Mazari, adding that "they must've had their reasons."

"I saw on TV that the PTI was using the woman card [to defend Mazari]," she said.

"You [PTI leaders] should not be using the woman card because when I was arrested twice — without even having a case registered against me — I did not use the woman or victim card. On the other hand, Mazari has serious allegations levelled against her."

Maryam noted that she was kept behind bars at the Adiala Jail for four months despite the authorities having "no case" against her. The PML-N vice president went on to say Mazari should provide evidence and prove the allegations to be false.

"If the allegations are proven false, and she comes out innocent, then I promise that I will stand beside her," the PML-N vice president said.

'NAB officials barged into my room at 12am'

Talking about her own arrest, Maryam said she was meeting the former prime minister and PML-N supremo at the Kot Lakhpat Jail when a National Accountability Bureau (NAB) team came to apprehend her in 2019.

"I informed Nawaz Sharif about the arrest. But despite being a father, he maintained his composure and as he tried to hug me, the NAB team — which was outside the jail — came inside and arrested me in front of my father while my daughter cried."

She recalled that in response to her arrest, Nawaz had said: "Time does not stand still."

Berating the PTI government, Maryam said no case was registered against her for four months.

"But I did not play the victim or the woman card [...] I was kept in a death cell despite being innocent," the PML-N vice president said, stressing that despite all this, she did not "believe in revenge".

The PML-N vice president noted that although Mazari was arrested by women police officials, "I was arrested by men both times when I was put behind bars."

"During my custody in NAB, men officers would barge into my room at 12am and film videos. The then-NAB DG had instructed the police officers to barge into my room," Maryam said, warning that she would reveal details about her captivity when the time comes.

'Our corpses would have been hanged'
Turning her guns on PTI Chairman and former premier Imran Khan, Maryam said he could not blame the courts for opening their doors at midnight when he was "violating the Constitution".

"The courts opened as you committed a serious offence of violating the Constitution. Do you expect courts to not take notice when you violate the Constitution?"

Maryam went on to say that Khan was still the "favourite", as if Nawaz, Prime Minister Shehbaz, or Chief Minister Punjab Hamza Shahbaz, or she would have "violated the Constitution" in the manner that the PTI chairman did, then their "corpses would have been hanged on the streets".

Maryam added: "If Nawaz — when he was the premier — Shahbaz and Hamza being the prime minister and chief minister, respectively, could appear before the courts, then so can Mazari."

Maryam added that if the foreign-funding case against PTI would have been lodged against the PML-N, then Nawaz's party would have been disbanded already.

Earlier in her speech, Maryam had said that the country was going through a "crucial phase" as the PTI's "incompetency" had destroyed Pakistan's economy.

GEO

Former human rights minister Shireen Mazari was allegedly beaten up and arrested from her home on Saturday. The reports of her detention were confirmed by her daughter, lawyer Iman Mazari.

Mazari's daughter tweeted about her mother's arrest saying, "Male police officers have beaten and taken my mother away. All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her.

Islamabad Police however refuted claims of mishandling during the arrest. “Dr Shireen Mazari was arrested by female police officers as per the law on the request of the anti-corruption department. News of any mishandling is baseless,” it said in a tweet.

Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz hours after the arrest ordered ‘immediate release’ of Shireen Mazari.

Express Tribune

I'm a staunch PML-N supporter but it was terrible to hear about Mazari's arrest and the way she was manhandled.

Crazy that she was six years old and the supposed time of offence. I don't think the government has anything to do with this though.

Former human rights minister Shireen Mazari was allegedly beaten up and arrested from her home on Saturday. The reports of her detention were confirmed by her daughter, lawyer Iman Mazari.

Mazari's daughter tweeted about her mother's arrest saying, "Male police officers have beaten and taken my mother away. All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her.

Islamabad Police however refuted claims of mishandling during the arrest. “Dr Shireen Mazari was arrested by female police officers as per the law on the request of the anti-corruption department. News of any mishandling is baseless,” it said in a tweet.

Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz hours after the arrest ordered ‘immediate release’ of Shireen Mazari.

Express Tribune

Think Hamza got told off by the big guys.

Likewise how you kept calling IK selected selected for 4 years only for your favorite band of looters to get selected for real. :)))

Another failed attempt a free hit to PTI don't they remember what is happening with SL parliamentarians

Mazari is in her 70’s, she was not born in 1966.

The way she was being arrested and pushed out of her car, made it seem like she had just killed someone.

I'm a staunch PML-N supporter but it was terrible to hear about Mazari's arrest and the way she was manhandled.

Crazy that she was six years old and the supposed time of offence. I don't think the government has anything to do with this though.

It was not done by thugs of PMLN I am sure.

Born o n6 September 1966,Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan.lol kitna jhoot bolna ha.

Jhoot tou Niazi hi bolta hai.

Her stated DOB is fake. She is around 10 years older than what she claims.

Khair, if jhoota Niazi claims that she was born in 2006, cult-followers will believe him.

PTI street power show, Its PTi not another party.

More like street circus. I agree PTI is not like another party, it is a party of clowns.

A fake party with no ideology, no grassroots and no future.

Khair, if jhota Niazi claims that she was born in 2006, cult-followers will believe him.

And obviously you were there at the birth. What a pathetic post from a lying poster. After you ran from the economy thread of your incompetent losers, you are hear for more humiliation.

Seems fear of God in SS's regime's eyes - scared now after trying a fast one on PTI.

Even their own leadership embarassed.

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]
Mazari arrested for a 50 Yr old case, SS and ***** given bail for laundering billions. This is fascism not when a ex PM fakes illness to get bail and go abroad

Seems fear of God in SS's regime's eyes - scared now after trying a fast one on PTI.

Even their own leadership embarassed.

There is no logic in any of their decisions. I knew these guys would be bad, but they seem rabid because of pressure. It's what happens when you know that you don't have support from the public. Some Nooras on socail media think Bajwa is setting them up. I don't think it's true but it would be hilarious if it was

Khair, if jhoota Niazi claims that she was born in 2006, cult-followers will believe him.
And do you have proof of the real birth year or you are as usual labeling accusations with no proof

Thats why MNS knew everything about the case :)) Come on dude. It happened on the basis of Govt order, otherwise you dont arrest someone due to 1972 case.

More like street circus. I agree PTI is not like another party, it is a party of clowns.

Look who is talking :)))
[MENTION=140234]DRsohail[/MENTION], Mamoon is not wrong. Because Mazari born in the Mamoon's hospital. :))

Likewise how you kept calling IK selected selected for 4 years only for your favorite band of looters to get selected for real. :)))

So, Mujrim Shehbaz Sharif, Mujrim Nawaz Sharif, Mujrim Hamza Shehbaz, Mujrima Maryam Nawaz Shareef are NOT selected.

But Imran Khan was selected :))

Sometimes, PDM supporters dont know what they are talking about. Since they have ran away from almost all threads, soon they will be disappeared from this thread too after posting some troll posts.

Look who is talking :)))
[MENTION=140234]DRsohail[/MENTION], Mamoon is not wrong. Because Mazari born in the Mamoon's hospital. :))

HAHAHA he even knows her date of birth. PTI is the most organized political party these days after JI.

You know her date of birth lol. Even if it is fake ,no way she is in 70s, don't spread lies. give me a single proof here where I told lies?? I can give many when you have been telling lies blatantly.

You saw the power of the street circus in one month.

So, in morning IG Islamabad was transferred. And new IG has done 3 things in a single day.

PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz on Saturday defended the arrest of former human rights minister and PTI leader Shireen Mazari by police officials, saying that no one was above the law.

Addressing the PML-N's social media team in Lahore soon after Mazari's arrest, Maryam said: "If the Anti-Corruption [Establishment] arrested her then they must have a reason to do so."

Maryam said she found out of Mazari's arrest through the news, adding that "I wasn't happy to hear this."

Narrating the reported details of the case against Mazari, Maryam claimed it was registered during the government of former Punjab chief minister Usman Buzdar and involved the transfer of 800 kanals of state property to a "bogus company".

"I was hearing on TV that the PTI is playing the aurat (woman) card on this [incident] that a woman was arrested," she said. Maryam warned the PTI not to resort to the aurat card as she narrated the details and circumstances of her own previous arrests and the "treatment meted" out to her.

"I didn't play the aurat card ... I was also a woman, someone's daughter and was in jail for a baseless political case but I never feigned being mazloom (oppressed)."

Despite that, Maryam said she did not believe in revenge. She said Mazari should face the charge she has been arrested on and provide answers and evidence to prove it wrong.

"If she is successful in this and proved innocent then I promise the nation that Maryam Nawaz Sharif will be the first one standing with her.

"But this can't happen that you brutally violate the Constitution and then you start blaming the courts why they were opened at night for you," the PML-N vice president said, apparently referring to PTI Chairman Imran Khan.

She claimed that Imran was still the blue-eyed of the establishment. In contrast, she said what PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif did was "constructive criticism" of the institutions and asked them to remain within their boundaries.

"Nawaz Sharif isn't the blue-eyed of the system but is of the nation that brings him [to power] again and again."

Maryam lashed out at Imran and other PTI officials for their critical comments about the institutions and alleged violations of the Constitution, referring to the events leading up to the no-confidence vote.

"But there is no action against it. If Nawaz Sharif, Shehbaz Sharif or Maryam Nawaz had done this action of violating the Constitution then our bodies would have been hanging in jail," she said.

"What is this that the one who bullies, curses you and runs a dirty campaign against institutions, he is facilitated. Shireen Mazari isn't bigger than the prime minister. The prime minister was present in the FIA court today with the chief minister — his son," Maryam said, reiterating that the PTI leader would have to give her answer.

She said that Mazari's alleged crime should be brought to the fore. "This can't happen that when [questions are raised] on your wrongdoings then you easily escape away by bullying institutions," Maryam added.

However, she reassured that the PML-N would continue to stand with justice and not allow any injustice or vengeful actions.

Interestingly, Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz, earlier today, ordered Mazari's release, saying that he did "not agree with" the arrest and that action would be taken against the anti-corruption staff that was behind the incident.

"As a woman, Shireen Mazari should be respected," he said in a statement. "The arrest of a woman is not in line with our social values."

"Following the investigation, if the arrest is unavoidable then the law will find its way," he said, adding that "the PML-N, as a political party, believes in respecting women."

The chief minister said he condemned the use of "shameful language" against Maryam but "revenge is not our style". He was referring to Imran's misogynistic remark made on Friday in Multan.

He instructed Rawalpindi Police to have Mazari freed from the anti-corruption officials' custody.

DAWN

[MENTION=146498]Sher Khan[/MENTION]

Rana Sanaullah accepted the arrest of Mazari, and now he is saying that he want to arrest Imran Khan as well.

Ammhh, but on what charges? Absolutely nothing.

Hope you got your answer that "Govt is not behind the arrests"

ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) Saturday evening directed authorities to produce former federal minister and senior PTI leader Shireen Mazari before it at 11:30pm today.

Punjab’s anti-corruption department had arrested PTI leader Mazari today afternoon, but hours after the authority's move, Chief Minister Punjab Hamza Shahbaz ordered her immediate release.

The former human rights minister, according to Geo News, was taken into custody in a case related to the encroachment of a piece of land in District Rajanpur.

In a three-page order, IHC CJ Athar Minallah said: "The authorities shall explain under what authority of law the fundamental rights of Dr Shireen Mazari were violated while she was within the jurisdiction of this Court."

The IHC's order comes after the PTI leader's daughter, Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir, filed a petition against her mother being "illegally abducted by officials of the Punjab Police".

The court noted that the ex-federal minister was not de-notified as a member of the National Assembly, therefore, her arrest was not in line with the law as before any MNA's arrest, the NA speaker should be informed.

The case against the PTI leader was filed at the request of Deputy Commissioner Rajanpur, after which, the Anti-Corruption Establishment Punjab registered the FIR.

Mazari is accused of encroaching upon a piece of land. A complaint was lodged against her on March 11, 2022, while AC Rajanpur was directed to inquire into the matter.

The official concerned prepared the report of the case on April 8 and in the light of this, the Anti-Corruption Establishment registered a criminal case under its Rules 2014.

Following the arrest, the PTI moved the Islamabad High Court (IHC) and announced to hold country-wide protests later today.

GEO

ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) Saturday evening directed authorities to produce former federal minister and senior PTI leader Shireen Mazari before it at 11:30pm today.

Punjab’s anti-corruption department had arrested PTI leader Mazari today afternoon, but hours after the authority's move, Chief Minister Punjab Hamza Shahbaz ordered her immediate release.

The former human rights minister, according to Geo News, was taken into custody in a case related to the encroachment of a piece of land in District Rajanpur.

In a three-page order, IHC CJ Athar Minallah said: "The authorities shall explain under what authority of law the fundamental rights of Dr Shireen Mazari were violated while she was within the jurisdiction of this Court."

The IHC's order comes after the PTI leader's daughter, Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir, filed a petition against her mother being "illegally abducted by officials of the Punjab Police".

The court noted that the ex-federal minister was not de-notified as a member of the National Assembly, therefore, her arrest was not in line with the law as before any MNA's arrest, the NA speaker should be informed.

The case against the PTI leader was filed at the request of Deputy Commissioner Rajanpur, after which, the Anti-Corruption Establishment Punjab registered the FIR.

Mazari is accused of encroaching upon a piece of land. A complaint was lodged against her on March 11, 2022, while AC Rajanpur was directed to inquire into the matter.

The official concerned prepared the report of the case on April 8 and in the light of this, the Anti-Corruption Establishment registered a criminal case under its Rules 2014.

Following the arrest, the PTI moved the Islamabad High Court (IHC) and announced to hold country-wide protests later today.

GEO

How conveniently GEO NEWS missed the information of FIR.

Former human rights minister and a senior leader of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Dr Shireen Mazari was allegedly violently whisked away by police from her home in Islamabad on Saturday in a case apparently registered half a century ago.

According to details available with The Express Tribune, Mazari was arrested in a case that was registered when she was only six years old.

The former federal minister, who was born on April 26, 1966, was booked on a complaint registered against her father in 1972. The case was re-registered on April 12, 2022, on the complaint of Deputy Commissioner Rajanpur.

ISLAMABAD: Former federal minister and senior PTI leader Shireen Mazari reached the Islamabad High Court (IHC) Saturday night after authorities produced her on orders of the court.

IHC CJ Athar Minallah had directed authorities to produce Mazari before the court at 11:30pm today.

"I still did not get my phone," Mazari told journalists after arriving at the court, as police officials had reportedly taken her cellphone at the time of her arrest.

The ex-federal minister claimed that the police did not show her the arrest warrants before taking her into custody, adding that she believes PML-N, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, and Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah were behind her arrest.

Mazari was presented in the courtroom at 11:40pm.

At the outset of the hearing, Inspector-General Islamabad Muhammad Ahsan Younas told the court that he assumed office today.

IHC CJ told the inspector-general that no member of the National Assembly (MNA), belonging to the PTI, has been de-notified yet and the court has already issued a directive that no MNA should be arrested before informing the NA speaker.

GEO

Mazari studied at the London School of Economics and later received her PhD from Columbia University in political science.

And we have some questioning her age as if she has something to gain from it.

IHC orders release of PTI leader Shireen Mazari, instructs govt to conduct judicial inquiry

The Islamabad High Court (IHC), in late hours of Saturday, ordered the release of PTI leader Shireen Mazari and instructed the government to conduct a judicial inquiry.

The court issued the orders hours after instructing the interior secretary to produce the PTI leader at 11:30pm. Mazari was manhandled and arrested from outside her Islamabad residence earlier in the day by police officials over a land ownership and transfer case.

At the onset of the hearing, Mazari told the court: "I was stopped on the Motorway for an hour. A male doctor tried to conduct my medical examination. They did not have a female officer with them. Officers of Anti-Corruption Punjab were taking instructions on the phone. My bag was also searched without a warrant, while I have still not been given my phone back."

"There was another person with the anti-corruption officials and he probably was with the ISI," she added

At this, IHC Chief Justice Athar Minallah rued that the government had not taken any action on enforced disappearances. "These incidents happen when the Constitution is not respected. Every government exhibits woeful behaviour on constitutional violations."

Mazari told Justice Minallah that she was 70 and sick but was still subjected to torture.

The chief justice remarked: "This court will not compromise on its jurisdiction. The abduction of Matiullah Jan has not been probed till date."

At this, the deputy attorney general replied: "We cannot work 24/7. Work on Matiullah Jan's case is ongoing and we will conclude the investigation soon."

The chief justice wondered how it was possible that no one knew the details of Mazari's arrest.

The advocate general, meanwhile, thanks the court for opening its doors late night. "The political parties will now have to acknowledge that the court is here to ensure constitutional protection even at night."

Prior to the start of the hearing, Mazari was brought to the high court by Islamabad police, whose officers flanked her as she walked into the court premises. Outside the court, she was reunited with her daughter Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir

In a walking interview with reporters, when asked who was behind her arrest, Mazari said: "[It was either] PML-N's Rana Sanaullah and Shehbaz Sharif or the intelligence agencies."

When asked how she was treated, she said: "I will tell that in the court. They dragged me out of the car, did not show any warrant ..."

When asked again that on whose order she was arrested, Mazari responded: "This we do not yet but those who were taking me to Lahore, they said Rana Sanaullah and Shehbaz Sharif. The torture that they have done on me, I will tell it all."

The IHC reopened late night and outside its usual working hours after Mazari's daughter filed a petition against her mother's arrest.

In a three-page court order, available with Dawn.com, the high court said that when it has already given orders that no MNA can be arrested without the permission of the Speaker of the National Assembly, and since Mazari is still an MNA on account of not having been de-notified form her seat, then "under what authority of law the fundamental rights of Dr Shireen Mazari were violated?".

The IHC issued directives for the interior secretary and also summoned Islamabad Inspector General of Police Dr Akbar Nasir Khan and Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Irfan Nawaz Memon.

The court said that its order should also be sent to Islamabad Advocate General Barrister Jahangir Khan Jadoon and Attorney General of Pakistan Ashtar Ausaf Ali.

Earlier today, Mazari's daughter, in a tweet, claimed Mazari was "beaten and taken away by male police officers", adding: "All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her."

Officials of the Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) confirmed to Dawn.com that Mazari had been taken into custody.

Islamabad police disagreed with the version of Mazari's daughter, saying: "Dr. Shireen Mazari was arrested by female police officers as per the law on the request of the anti-corruption department. News of any mishandling is baseless."

In available footage of her arrest, which was aired by broadcasters, Mazari could be seen being dragged out of a car by female police personnel while she could be heard protesting: "No. Don't touch me."

Unidentified voices in the footage could be heard telling her that "there is no issue" and the matter could be discussed "peacefully". "You are using violence. Don't you take my phone ... you b*****d," Mazari could be heard saying in response.

Allegations against Mazari
A first information report of the case against Mazari, filed by Anti-Corruption Unit in Dera Ghazi Khan on April 11, said that Mazari had inherited land from her father Ashiq Mohammad Khan. Of that land in Rojhan, the FIR alleges, Mazari transferred 800 kanals to Progressive Farm Limited by way of "forgery".

Mazari studied at the London School of Economics and later received her PhD from Columbia University in political science.

And we have some questioning her age as if she has something to gain from it.

Did she fake her age to play U19s? [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]

Another failed attempt a free hit to PTI don't they remember what is happening with SL parliamentarians

She got what she deserved.

Mazari is allegedly an Iranian agent. She has never spoken against Iran. Not once. She even disowned the views of her daughter who was called "naughty child" by the genius IHC just today when Mazari was in power.

This govt is made up of bunch of jokers… wont take too long to collapse on its own.

Iran has been known to have been wanting to create unrest in pakistan and are using agents here, i suspect the army wanted her phone to see which side she was on as she was always pro iran and anti army

Mazari is allegedly an Iranian agent. She has never spoken against Iran. Not once. She even disowned the views of her daughter who was called "naughty child" by the genius IHC just today when Mazari was in power.

So SM has become an Iranian agent. Yet another attempt to play the religious card after total misjudgement and humiliation of sending their own people to abuse them in
medina and facing not only the humiliation of the abuse but finding its their own people starting it. She isn't my cup of tea but the allegations get more wild and silly by the day.

The selectors have selected total losers who not have criminal records longer than the Nile but are totally incompetent

So SM has become an Iranian agent. Yet another attempt to play the religious card after total misjudgement and humiliation of sending their own people to abuse them in
medina and facing not only the humiliation of the abuse but finding its their own people starting it. She isn't my cup of tea but the allegations get more wild and silly by the day.

The selectors have selected total losers who not have criminal records longer than the Nile but are totally incompetent

It's only a matter of time they frame ik as a yahudi agent and what not , complete desperation by these crooks

Keep crying troll.

The people have spoken and the volume of people at these Jalsa's speak for themselves. PTI is definition of Grass-Roots growth. It didn't have the influence, backing and wealth PPP and PMLN had. I suggest you go and read a history book.

The end is near for the PDM criminals and their crayon eating supporters.

:)) Exactly.

They used to sing priases of being on the same page.

Apprently, coas has gone ahead on the pages while pti is still stuck on the old page.

Anyways, the irony is also hilarious considering that shareen mazari was human rights minister and this lady did zilch for the abductions of the likes of ali wazir.

Served her right.

Btw, the islamabad high court opened at 11:30 for her..... Wonder where is the pti rona dhona of courts.openong at night.

Like i said, if its against them, the rona dhona starts, if it supports them, than its alright.

They will cry about bajwa and army now, but if some other army chief comes that riggs election for them, than these people will have no issue and happily sit on the laps of the general.

Pti has no issue if the army manipulates the system to elect them. They are not anti army in the true sense. Just wannabes.....

Being anti army is true sense is when you say that the army shouldnt support other parties or even your own party in politics.

If mazari was in ppp the reaction and comments would had been different.

Than jee, zardari must have reduced her age and that she belongs from a land grabbing party :))

But its pti so, imran will determine her age

:)) Exactly.

They used to sing priases of being on the same page.

Apprently, coas has gone ahead on the pages while pti is still stuck on the old page.

Anyways, the irony is also hilarious considering that shareen mazari was human rights minister and this lady did zilch for the abductions of the likes of ali wazir.

Served her right.

Btw, the islamabad high court opened at 11:30 for her..... Wonder where is the pti rona dhona of courts.openong at night.

Like i said, if its against them, the rona dhona starts, if it supports them, than its alright.

They will cry about bajwa and army now, but if some other army chief comes that riggs election for them, than these people will have no issue and happily sit on the laps of the general.

Pti has no issue if the army manipulates the system to elect them. They are not anti army in the true sense. Just wannabes.....

Being anti army is true sense is when you say that the army shouldnt support other parties or even your own party in politics.

Another victory for PTI street power, Courts had to do it to get back the lost reputation, and we knew how the reasons for speaker ruling were ignored. Well done PTI.

Another victory for PTI street power, Courts had to do it to get back the lost reputation, and we knew how the reasons for speaker ruling were ignored. Well done PTI.

Lol at the self praise.

Just so you know, in the mukhtaran mai case the courts opened at night aswell.

Or would you claim that it was the pti that travelled back in time of early 2000 to put pressure on courts?

Lol at the self praise.

Just so you know, in the mukhtaran mai case the courts opened at night aswell.

Or would you claim that it was the pti that travelled back in time of early 2000 to put pressure on courts?

It was never opened twice in a span of one month, If you accept it or not the street power has worked and its second to none in Pakistan right now. kaanpain taang rahe ha.

It was never opened twice in a span of one month, If you accept it or not the street power has worked and its second to none in Pakistan right now. kaanpain taang rahe ha.
1. Imran was ousted on april 9th and court opened to protect constitution.
Thus its has been more than a month

2. Do you have records of islamabad high court not.opening at night ever?

self proclaimed pressure.

Judiciary has nothing to do with politics. No political party can ever pressure judiciary as its not even interlinked.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Imran was ousted on april 9th and court opened to protect constitution.
Thus its has been more than a month

2. Do you have records of islamabad high court not.opening at night ever?

Lol self proclaimed pressure.

Judiciary has nothing to do with politics. No political party can ever pressure judiciary as its not even interlinked.

so you were counting days till now, one month or 40 days the message is that
PTI has street power and backing of the people and now ,,sab k kanpain taang rahe ha,,.
We know Judiciary is nothing to do in politics in Pakistan, good joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol so you were counting days till now, one month or 40 days the message is that
PTI has street power and backing of the people and now ,,sab k kanpain taang rahe ha,,.
We know Judiciary is nothing to do in politics in Pakistan, good joke.

Again, judiciary is a seperate branch. It has got nothing to do with politics or so callled street clowns

Again, judiciary is a seperate branch. It has got nothing to do with politics or so callled street clowns

Yet the Supreme Court opened at midnight to entertain the Lota's and upheld a ridiculous no-confidence motion.

The Supreme Court that allowed convicted criminals on bail to escape punishment.

Your lack of intellect and critical thinking is showing.

My soch begins where your ends. I think beyond petty party politics. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Iran has been cleverly infiltrating Pakistan’s society through its agents. Just recently a high grade govt officer in HBFC was caught by FIA for laundering money for Iran. And also just a while ago, a whole group in karachi was arrested for the same. Please do some research on mazari and her links with Iran before bleating like a sheep.

Keep crying troll.

The people have spoken and the volume of people at these Jalsa's speak for themselves. PTI is definition of Grass-Roots growth. It didn't have the influence, backing and wealth PPP and PMLN had. I suggest you go and read a history book.

The end is near for the PDM criminals and their crayon eating supporters.

Jobless youth infected with Imran virus, wasting their time in jalsas will have no long-term consequences.

They were attended these jalsas pre-2018 as well, and yet Imran couldn’t secure enough votes to form a government without relying on coalitions that backfired.

Furthermore, you need to think long-term. PTI is a fake party made up of a bunch of opportunist and turncoat politicians who jumped on the PTI bandwagon to save their behinds.

PTI exists as long as the fake messiah does, and he is 70. He is the glue holding it together. PTI will disintegrate when he is not around - these turncoats will be absorbed back by the parties they came from or they will form their own small parties.

There is no cohesion and unity within PTI. Take Imran out and they will be at each other throats.

Virus-infected youth criticize family politics but it is the family name that lives on and ensures long-term survival. Supporters of Sharif and Bhutto families will continue to vote for them long after the current generation is gone.

PTI supporters 20-30 years down the line will have no one to vote for because PTI will not even exist. PTI has no succession plan because it doesn’t have any roots. It is a party for burger bachas like the current PTI champion Fawad Chaudhry stated 10 years ago.

History will remember PTI as a fake party who made noise for a couple of decades but ultimately achieved nothing, and Imran will be remembered as the only PM in Pakistan’s history who got voted out through a no confidence motion unlike the other PMs who were disposed through military coups.

As suspected and as alleged that they wanted to go thru her cell phone in hopes to find that video which IK has recorded.
But doesn’t look like they found it - and hence she is released.

Yet the Supreme Court opened at midnight to entertain the Lota's and upheld a ridiculous no-confidence motion.

The Supreme Court that allowed convicted criminals on bail to escape punishment.

Your lack of intellect and critical thinking is showing.

supreme court opened to protect the constitution.

Always better to be informed before going around calling others lacking intellect because you only make a fool out of yourself.

As suspected and as alleged that they wanted to go thru her cell phone in hopes to find that video which IK has recorded.
But doesn’t look like they found it - and hence she is released.

didnt know they opened and went through millions of data in 5 hours.

You think the judges were the one that abducted her? Judges went through the phone? :)))

We know what is their history. aap ka kahnay sa koi farq nahe partaa.

again better to understand the branches of govt before going around saying app kay kahnay sey koi farq nahi parhta.

Jobless youth infected with Imran virus, wasting their time in jalsas will have no long-term consequences.

They were attended these jalsas pre-2018 as well, and yet Imran couldn’t secure enough votes to form a government without relying on coalitions that backfired.

Furthermore, you need to think long-term. PTI is a fake party made up of a bunch of opportunist and turncoat politicians who jumped on the PTI bandwagon to save their behinds.

PTI exists as long as the fake messiah does, and he is 70. He is the glue holding it together. PTI will disintegrate when he is not around - these turncoats will be absorbed back by the parties they came from or they will form their own small parties.

There is no cohesion and unity within PTI. Take Imran out and they will be at each other throats.

Virus-infected youth criticize family politics but it is the family name that lives on and ensures long-term survival. Supporters of Sharif and Bhutto families will continue to vote for them long after the current generation is gone.

PTI supporters 20-30 years down the line will have no one to vote for because PTI will not even exist. PTI has no succession plan because it doesn’t have any roots. It is a party for burger bachas like the current PTI champion Fawad Chaudhry stated 10 years ago.

History will remember PTI as a fake party who made noise for a couple of decades but ultimately achieved nothing, and Imran will be remembered as the only PM in Pakistan’s history who got voted out through a no confidence motion unlike the other PMs who were disposed through military coups.

Firstly, nobody will deny PTI relying on Lota's. The turncoats who backstabbed PTI for the PDM today, would happily backstab the PDM for the PTI tomorrow.

Why you would celebrate such a despicable act is another question.

Secondly, I fail to see your point about the family name. It's not a point of contention that the Sharif's and Bhutto/Zardari's have used their historic wealth and power to enforcement the status quo. I don't see it as something to boast or celebrate. No party is entitled to anything, be it PPP, PMLN or PTI. I'm not sure how your parents raised you, but no self-respecting person can look at Bilawal Bhutto, Hamza Shahbaz and even Maryam Nawaz and think it's perfectly normal for these silver spoon brats to be representing the country when nobility voted for turn.

The government should cater for the people and held accountable through transparency. That applies to Khan and everyone else.

Which leads me to the third and final point. You boast Khan got voted and voted out. If you had any sincerity and genuineness, you'd acknowledge the entire PDM uniting and relying Lota's/Turncoats themselves to push a ludicrous no-contest motion was a farce. If you want to talk about history, we can talk about the PDM leaders rinsing the country dry, jailed for criminal activities... Yet STILL being major players in the political spectrum. Truly an astonishing achievement.

Back