SNGPL vs HBL | President's Trophy Final 2012-13 | Karachi |14-18 Jan | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
really impressed by Samiullah Niazi possibly his time is gone but can see why he has such an excellent FC record very accurate gets decent bounce and can bowl both swings at will his pace might be not effective at intentional level but can do a job in certain conditions.

Great innings but poor ending! That was a very poor shot especially right after reverse sweeping Hafeez for 4. He was visibly disappointed so it's good to see he isn't taking it lightly

No point playing that shot. Could easily gone on. If ehsan got out fair enough but after being well set he should have little respect for hafeez the bowler.

Taufeeq is done.

This man hasn't scored runs in a while. They can't honestly be considering him as an opener over the in form Jamshed. It'll be a huge mistake.

I don't know why I find the song in the Afridi BPL ad so catchy :)) does anyone know what its name is?

Here r some interesting stats.

Players from habib bank averaging 40+ in batting in first class-
Ahmed shehzad
Imran farhat
Usman salahuddin
Younis khan who averages 50

Players from sngpl averaging 40+ in first class-
Misbah ul haq who aerages 50
Umar akmal

Suprisingly only 2 from sui gas

Umar batting really well and just like Ahmed Shehzad showing he is better than the selected batsmen in the squad.

Here r some interesting stats.

Players from habib bank averaging 40+ in batting in first class-
Ahmed shehzad
Imran farhat
Usman salahuddin
Younis khan who averages 50

Players from sngpl averaging 40+ in first class-
Misbah ul haq who aerages 50
Umar akmal

Suprisingly only 2 from sui gas

I think you forgot Asad Shafik, or did his average just get under 40?

But another interesting point is that only 2 out of these 6 are selected for the squad touring South Africa. Where as players playing for ages and averaging in the 30's, like Taufeeq Umar, Azhar Ali and Mohammad Hafeez are selected...
Azhar Ali deserves his selection, but Taufeeq's poor form should have been enough to drop him.
Where as Hafeez, well the less said the better, should never have played Test cricket...

Umar needs to play solid and bulid on this good start....I think he is never going to change his attacking nature ...One can only hope he improves his shot selection.just needs to pay little more respect to good bowler likes of Rehman and Gul...:p

Ehsan bowling very well though needs to check his no balls...

First time I am watching him bowl live in first Class cricket. What I really like is that he comes very close to wickets and ball a wicket to wicket line.
That line with a litle bit of swing on either way or bounce is perfect for Test circket.

Umer batting well still too fidgety at the crease for my liking but surely an improved knock.

now go and get a 100 . A century in the premier domestic final will stake his claims for a test berth not randomly crying in the media.

Akmal should not shuffle against quick bowlers, that gets his cover drive out of equation.

Akmal should not shuffle against quick bowlers, that gets his cover drive out of equation.

yeah most annoying part of his game ever more then his shot selection quality test bowlers like Philander and Anderson will eat him alive with that shuffle.

They didn't before. They'll now, thank you Pakistani Selection for destroying him by dropping him from tests in the most unfair of manners.

yeah most annoying part of his game ever more then his shot selection quality test bowlers like Philander and Anderson will eat him alive with that shuffle.

Thats why he is not in the test team.

Hope azhar ali does not get out like he has just now :D

I meant he wasn't eaten alive. Averages 42 away in bowling conditions.

If Umer can stay still he can keep creaming Masood through covers all day. Skiddy bowler pitching it up on a pitch offering no movement.

Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited lead by 282 runs with 5 wickets remaining\

Umar Akmal 69
Adnan Akmal 9

Adil bowling now!

umar akmal is his bunny he has got him at least 3 times this season.

Gul gets him on 76:facepalm:

I think that was sliding down the legside or must have edged that anyway good match winning knock..don't think HBL can chase this.

Good ball from gul held it's line towards the last few yards and traps umar plumb, good sign for pak gul is bowling well.

Adnan needs to score some runs here and prove that he can bat though he has batted well in Quid e Azam trophy, averaging 121 there

Solid innings by Umar, looked in good form.

Umar gul bowling really well , kookaboora helping him swing. Which ball do they use in SA?

umar akmal top run scorer in the match so far, needs to continue to do this to convince misbah papa to let him bat up the order

umar akmal top run scorer in the match so far, needs to continue to do this to convince misbah papa to let him bat up the order

Misbah will be gone soon , in a year or a half more. Umar needs to learn to bat in test cricket. Doing well in domestic now. Hopefull will be selected for tests after next President's trophy.

watching ehsan adil bowl for the first time , reminds me of angelo mathews with his bowling action and gentle outswing ,how did he get so many wickets , hope theres more to his bowling atm he looks nothing more than steady tbh .:razzaq

Ehsans bowling well but a bit concerning that he's only managed one wicket in the match whilst gul and even fahad masood have more than 5. He either needs a bit more pace or a bit more movement. He will get the latter in SA I guess.

yk special to chase this down, best batsman in 4th innings in the history of the game :yk

There have been plenty of positives in this game:

1. Hafeez has learned that he is going to have to practise like crazy to cope as a batsman in South Africa.

2. Misbah and Younis have both seen first hand that Taufeeq's technique has fallen apart, and that it would be suicide to play him in South Africa.

3. Azhar Ali has lasted 200 balls at the crease in the match, and played one lovely cut off Adil.

4. Misbah is in decent form.

5. Umar Gul is bowling well and will be a key weapon in South Africa, where he was badly missed due to injury last time.

6. Abdur Rehman is not even bowling well in home conditions, and it would be insane to play him in South Africa.

7. Ehsan Adil has promising control of line and length, and he should obtain better bounce in South Africa, but he is very much a Test reserve.

8. Younis Khan needs time at the wicket.

9. So does Asad Shafiq.

10. Adnan Akmal is a lousy hooker, and it's a good job he's not going to South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back