South Africa (113/6) defeat Bangladesh (109/7) by 4 runs in a nail-biting encounter of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Saffers not being clever. They have a right left combo but not rotating strike to allow the other batter target shorter leg side.

He has struggled so far. 18 from 22*.

Klaasen has been more fluent.
Yeah but NY in both India vs Pakistan game, Canada vs Ireland game, and every sa game has proved that to win you need 2 batters. One batter who can play a small quick fire cameo and another who can hang in their till the end.

Do that and you win. 18 of 22 is gun on this trash heap of a pitch where 120 is a winning total. Although surprisingly Canada played the best here with 137, but that's probs due to how crap Irish 110 kph bowlers are as they were getting tonked by azam khan of all people

Defending is safer here than setting. Unless you bowl opposition out for 100 runs it is very hard to chase here.

This tournament so far has been pure torture for SA batters

They will get the best training going into the Super 8s

Considering the firepower SA batting had, I think BD should be happy with this.

SA - 109/6 (19.1 overs).

I cannot believe they may end up posting less than India given the situation they were in. Bangladesh doesn't even have 4 seamers.

SA finish at 113/6 after 20 overs.

BD need 114 to win from 20 overs.

Bowlers have done the job. Batters need to step up.

I said it yesterday that 120 by India yesterday was a score above par. Everyone clapping for Miller, but his innings was no better than Rizwan's from yesterday.

Is it fair to say that Pakistan are a better batting side than SA :D

I said it yesterday that 120 by India yesterday was a score above par. Everyone clapping for Miller, but his innings was no better than Rizwan's from yesterday.

Difference is Miller had to steady the ship a bit after a collapse. But bro Riz was doing when they had 9 wickets in hand.

The concept of "bat 20 overs you will win" won't be applicable for NY pitch. That is a bad strategy. You should target 17 overs not 20 overs.

I will back Bangladesh to chase it, I know south africa have the bowlers to defend this target and the pitch last yesturday is not easy to bat on, but my gut feeling says Bangladesh will win, it wont be pretty but they will get through

Bro, I said this to Major and Mamoon, make such comments when you have actually won and gotten an ego morale.

Each time you idiots say something like this, your predictions end it tears and then theirs a humiliation fest.

Wait for Bangladesh innings and if they win then you can talk about the rizwan fantasy comparison with Miller before I tear that to threads by informing you that Miller was batting first and rizwan was chasing.

But hopefully it doesn't come to that as if Bangladesh loses God has once again done the talking for me

I will back Bangladesh to chase it, I know south africa have the bowlers to defend this target and the pitch last yesturday is not easy to bat on, but my gut feeling says Bangladesh will win, it wont be pretty but they will get through
They do have some flashy players up top and a gutsy player like Mahmudullah. I would give them half a chance

BD should keep wickets in hand and not let RRR go above 7. If they can maintain that till 15th over, they have a chance.

This must be a dream come true for Waqar to be in the comm. box with the greatest pacy swing bowler of all time :steyn

Rabada, Nortje, Jansen promising Bartman. This is impossible. If they pull it off it will be a miracle.

Bro, I said this to Major and Mamoon, make such comments when you have actually won and gotten an ego morale.

Each time you idiots say something like this, your predictions end it tears and then theirs a humiliation fest.

Wait for Bangladesh innings and if they win then you can talk about the rizwan fantasy comparison with Miller before I tear that to threads by informing you that Miller was batting first and rizwan was chasing.

But hopefully it doesn't come to that as if Bangladesh loses God has once again done the talking for me
why call posters idiots .... you are better than that biradar !

SA have to bowl that defensive hard length almost exclusively. Can't go for wickets and bleed runs.

BD should keep wickets in hand and not let RRR go above 7. If they can maintain that till 15th over, they have a chance.
Overs 16-20 is where it’s most difficult to score runs

Very hard to even get 5 per over at that point

Back