South Africa (113/6) defeat Bangladesh (109/7) by 4 runs in a nail-biting encounter of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Markram really missing a trick by not bowling himself. A clever offspinner is very useful. Like the way BD used Mahmudullah.

Sa has qualified in 80% sure. Congrats to SA for being the first team to officially qualify. You deserve it after brainless ICc tortured you in NY lol

Decent over from Rabada. Need another tight over from somewhere. Keep Mahmudullah on strike and choke him.

We mock Bangladesh so much, but atleast they have proper middle-order batsmen and it’s showing in this game.

Brilliant stuff, they have done extremely well after that series loss to USA.

Towhid is BD's generational batter. You have to get it spot on. Doesn't have the best record against off spin but string against everything else.

I am also working and watching. It is getting hard to concentrate on work. LOL.
I am working from home, but had a meeting, and I was like in my head, I Wanna watch this match haha, the worst for me was when Pak played Usa, cause for 20 mins, I didnt do anything I was just focused on the match haha :D

BD - 75/4 (14 overs).

39 are needed from 36 balls.

Can't afford to lose a wicket for the next 2-3 overs. Take it deep.

The way the Saffers have been bowling, BD should win this comfortably.

The reality is SA pace trio is not as great as many here are touting it to be.

THey are great regardless. But they didn't hit the right length bar Nortje. They try too many full balls which is waste of energy here.

They better not throw this away. It is almost run a ball. Just take singles and doubles. Odd boundaries here and there. That's all they need.

THey are great regardless. But they didn't hit the right length bar Nortje. They try too many full balls which is waste of energy here.
TBH, Rabada has been patchy at best for quite some time now while Norje has been off the game for a long time and just returned from injury layoff, Jansen is a so-so bowler.

I agree, SA pace trio is overrated cause some SA fans view them as 3 ATG's. Their no where close to the 2015 Aussie attack or heck their no where close to 2024 Australian attack excluding stark whos kinda done now.

But they ain't bad. Their good. Their chocking against bamgaldesh though atm

Difference today is Bangladesh looking to score EVERY ball, even if its a single, whereas Pakistan were playing Test match and giving the Indian bowlers too much respect.

Difference today is Bangladesh looking to score EVERY ball, even if its a single, whereas Pakistan were playing Test match and giving the Indian bowlers too much respect.
Because the openers and the top order excluding fakhar who failed didn't understand that you gotta finish it and make sure the final 4 are run a ball equations.

Next 2 can hit big. Jaker and Rishad.

After that, tail starts.
That is good to hear, really hope Bangladesh can win, I had them chasing it done, lets hope they can, it has been tricky for sure, the pitch, plus south africa bowling attack

Back