South Africa (113/6) defeat Bangladesh (109/7) by 4 runs in a nail-biting encounter of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Man Bangladesh isnt even going to make 70 here.

SA pacers can just bowl everything back of a length and shut them down.

ICC really messed up with this horrible wicket.

Man Bangladesh isnt even going to make 70 here.

SA pacers can just bowl everything back of a length and shut them down.

ICC really messed up with this horrible wicket.

Are you watching the game? LOL.

BD are going okay so far.

19/1 (3.3 overs).

Wait and watch. They've played a shot a ball and still just gotten just 7 scoring shots in 24 balls.

They know they are losing this game thats why they are swinging blindly now. They need runs in PP else it is game over.

Wait and watch. They've played a shot a ball and still just gotten just 7 scoring shots in 24 balls.

They know they are losing this game thats why they are swinging blindly now. They need runs in PP else it is game over.

LOL at "they know they are losing this game". You are making it sound like target is 200.

Liton Das style very similar to Hafeez
The bangali approach is correct. Their swinging hard. They understood the conditions instantly.

They know the final overs will suck unlike a certain leg side player

It was a good shot but straight to fielder.

85 are needed from 83 balls. 8 wickets in hand.

Now power play done. Every single run will be an ordeal from here on assuming SA doesn't bowl wides no balls

Shakib is at the crease. He should stay there till the end. His experience is needed here.

I'm kinda enjoying this pitch. This pitch has done one thing, it exposes which bowling attack is better.

Good decision to go Nortje against these 2 I guess. Neither are particularly strong against pace.

I also enjoy these 120-130 pitches. Much better than 200+ pitches.

But, best pitches are probably the 150-160 ones.
Well this pitch has grown on me, but yeah the best pitch was the Australia and England game.

It was a 160 to 170 pitch but a world class team like Australia got that 200.

Tbf butler and Phil Salt are world class. England atm is suffering from bairstow, Brooks, Liam and Moeen just being mediocre no 4, no 5, no 6 and no 7. (PS : Before someone attacks me with a Pakistan comparison, Medicore for top sides, obv these guys are Bradman if you're comparing them to shadab, Chacha, azam lol)

Towhid can win the match for BD. Maybe Aiden should be bold and bowl himself against Towhid.

This is why the PP is so important on the NY pitch, every over after 6 gets more and more difficult with each passing over.

What tf are babar and rizwan doing opening? Canada is gonna fold them like this.

Bangladesh needs a Miller to steady the line now and I'm afraid they don't have such a player in their ranks. They've probs lost this as one wicket too many will be their undoing

If Nortje keeps hitting that length it will be a miserly spell like 4 overs 17 runs or so. That will force BD to score quick against others.

same pitch as yesterday bangladesh needs to finish it off before the 15th over
its only going to get harder

I am working and I got a chance to tune in now, very similar to Pakistan innings a run a ball required, but question is can Bangladesh hold their nerve I still back them to chase this but it will not be easy

I am working and I got a chance to tune in now, very similar to Pakistan innings a run a ball required, but question is can Bangladesh hold their nerve I still back them to chase this but it will not be easy

I am also working and watching. It is getting hard to concentrate on work. LOL.

They have not even scored half the runs. How will they score 64 in 10 overs when they could score only 50 in the first 10 with 6 overs of power play.

What an disgrace of a pitch.

These kinds of pitches are a bit of lottery for teams. It tests more of your luck than skills.

SA has more than enough to defend this. I don't see BD chasing this. They will be bundled out for 80 odd runs.

The only way BD has a chance here is to play some big shots and try out their luck.

Mahmudullah another player who is weak against all bowling types.

Towhid is key in this chase.

They lost one wicket too many. Shakib's wicket was a key wicket.
Shakib is a finished player. They sent him in just to swing at the spinner.

Liton and Mahmudullah were Bangla's best bets and one of them is gone

Back