South Africa (163/6) defeat England (156/6) in a thrilling encounter by 7 runs in Super 8 Group 2 clash of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

In T20 you can choke teams even after great start. If they get rid of QDK now they can pull back things

Unable to press on against spin. Reeza has to hit Adil to come corner. Can't afford to play like this

That's not choking. Nedtherlands was bowling well and Miller didn't give in, and the NY pitch was hell, it's being dismantled now.

NY is the only pitch that was an equalizer for minnow teams against top sides.

If Nedtherlands played against SA on this current pitch and SA was batting first Nedtherlands would get smashed.

2023 and 2022 wc against Nedtherlands were chokes though.
Pitch isn’t getting dismantled, stadium is. Pitch and ground will remain.

You would expect a test playing nation to come on the top and have a comfortable win regardless of the pitch because they have the players to neutralize the pitch, which associate nations don’t. So, yes I believe that was a choke. If SAF had lost chasing to Netherlands, everyone would said they choked.

England bowling is their weak point. They have not improved in that regard in the past 5 years. The same set of bowlers still playing with not much improvement.

Third umpire insists the finger is under the ball, while its clear to me that the ball has touched ground

Pitch isn’t getting dismantled, stadium is. Pitch and ground will remain.

You would expect a test playing nation to come on the top and have a comfortable win regardless of the pitch because they have the players to neutralize the pitch, which associate nations don’t. So, yes I believe that was a choke. If SAF had lost chasing to Netherlands, everyone would said they choked.
Fair enough

Reza not even trying. Typical Multan Sultan’s horse rubbish

Idk if I'll get flack for this. I'm glad Quinton is staying cause I enjoy his batting, but imo it was out.

The fingers were underneath and according to the rules it's out even if the ball touches the grass.

But again it's just me. Quinton is 🔥 as for hendricks, I can't believe I'm saying this but I Miss Bavuma lol

I think hendricks did it on purpose to get Makram on.

This out seemed deliberately done. I think, or idk, maybe hendricks is just that bad lol

Edit: Sorry Klaseen on.

hendricks has been pretty awful in this tournament, wonder if VDD was a better option
also that catch decision could have gone either way, not clear enough wheter it touched the turf or not

10:87-1

Feels like a low score due to Hendricks crappy innings 19(25).

Tough, tough ask for Saffers. They need to push upwards of 200 and ideally 210 + in order to successfully defend at this venue, assuming it's a flat deck.

Even back in 2010, Australia chased 197 against PAK when Hussey assaulted 45 degree Ajmal.

Nightmare to defend against this English lineup. Probably missed a trick by going pace heavy too.

Spinners have done well and SA have gone pace heavy. Gonna hurt them on this surface.

Rather get out 0 (1) then play like Hendricks did. The guy made ZERO attempt to hit the ball. This is pathetic cricket

Biggest Parchi of world cricket. He’s playing to fill up racial quota!

Really great bolwing by Rashid. Choked Saffers 3-0-12-1

Klaasen is continuing where Hendricks left off...lol

Klaasen is struggling too (just like Reeza).

Is it possible pitch isn't as batting-friendly as De Kock is making it out to be?

Archer shouldnt give QDK any pace

and QDK is taken out by Archer!

Rather get out 0 (1) then play like Hendricks did. The guy made ZERO attempt to hit the ball. This is pathetic cricket

Biggest Parchi of world cricket. He’s playing to fill up racial quota!
I thought the quota system was black to white ratio no?

If Currane can get Klaasen this over, it will be a turning point in this match

They were never out of it with SA’s rr below 10 on this deck

QDQ was keeping them on par
Exactly. For every four hit by QDK there was a counteract from Reeza. He made QDKs innings worthless. Should SA lose this he will be the reason

Back