South Africa (163/6) defeat England (156/6) in a thrilling encounter by 7 runs in Super 8 Group 2 clash of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Tight game. Maybe it's not an easy pitch to bat like we thought. If so, QDK made the game.

Tight game. Maybe it's not an easy pitch to bat like we thought. If so, QDK made the game.
I don’t see how England can go at 10 RPO on this wicket against such quality.

Someone will need to play a blinder and a few of these bowlers need to mess up badly to get beaten here.

I had a sense that it was a good toss to lose
Being it is fresh pitch nobody could predict what the good total is. That blitz from QDK may have helped them get a good total

What is it with England ?

Flat, quick pitches with even, consistent bounce - they look ridiculously good. Scary good.

But high bounce/low bounce/uneven bounce/ slowness/ seam movement/ slower ball grip - any of these added into the equation and they look very ordinary

Being it is fresh pitch nobody could predict what the good total is. That blitz from QDK may have helped them get a good total
Yeah it took a while for people to realize that pace off was the way to bowl.

I don’t see how England can go at 10 RPO on this wicket against such quality.

Someone will need to play a blinder and a few of these bowlers need to mess up badly to get beaten here.
Ik, they need a qdk from their side. Brook or Ali better go pow pow mode

And Miller. Saffer Left handers took down English bowlers better.

all reviews including pitch report said a belter plus venue history .... 60/3 in 10

The difference is bowling.

England batting is better then SA, but SA has the better bowling and this pitch helped them.

Also QDK fired and Salt did not, that's what made the game

Eng need to open with Bairstow/Jacks and Salt. And have buttler come in at 3 or 4.
Bairstow seems like fish out of water when not opening. And buttler hasn't really done what his talent suggests he could while opening. Jacks is more dynamic and should bat at 3 or open. Moeen Ali is washed up.

Adil Rashid is the most underrated player in t20is.

60-3 (10)

England need 104 runs in 60 balls.

This would be gettable on a decent batting track.

Moeen is finished, man bowlers have really come alive this tournament.

Seems like most matches win the powerplay win the match. Going by that trend we are screwed with Rohit and Kohli

4 down now

Harry Brook is their last hope... Yeah I know Sam Curran is yet to come, but seriously how many people believe he can chase this?

Saffers look a top side
I hope they don't choke in the semis again
SA vs Australia final by the looks of things

Moeen Ali is a number 7 batsman what are they thinking playing him at 4
Sam Curran at 7 damn England have no batting here.

Always wondered why do pak players even in oversees teams grow that big of beards? It only brings more racist rants on them..

Still think AUS will win. No one can stop them

That's the thing . England need surfaces to their liking to win here. Australia are more well rounded.

Their batters can play calculated knocks on such pitches also. Not just look to hoick it baseball style on easy pitches.

Chasing in a day game is a bad idea. That is a valuable lesson. I am glad India chose to bat first

That's the thing . England need surfaces to their liking to win here. Australia are more well rounded.

Their batters can play calculated knocks on such pitches also. Not just look to hoick it baseball style on easy pitches.
Australia vs England was also pretty one sided during their match.

It was over once the openers fell. Their no 3 to no 7 is very brittle tbh, I take back what I said.

SA has the better batting and bowling.

Today Salt got out on a blinder and butler didn't function.

Everyone else has been crap batting wise this tournament. That bairstoe innings was once in a blue moon and moeen ali isn't a no 4, he's a good no 6 though.

Poor couple of overs from the Saffers. Get that equation to a point where it's impossible.

Not about what I want. Just pointing out Saffers losing their discipline a bit.
Fair enough mate. But I enjoy tight games lol. Also they do have discipline.

It's impossible to be tight 24/7, Occasionally someone will overpitch or bowl a wrong line. It's a phenomenon called being human.

SA well incontrol atm.

Back