Saurav

Senior T20I Player
Runs
SA A batting first are 11/3

Indian trundlers again doing the job :nehra

I wonder if an Indian fan would have made a thread if India were 11/3 :13:

I wonder if an Indian fan would have made a thread if India were 11/3 :13:

no a Pak fan or you would have :yk

I just saw there was no thread for this match and decided to make it.

31/3 now

It seems pandey is picking wickets regularly. The last time I saw him, he was bowling around 135s. It will be interesting to see if he has increased his pace.

India playing with a reasonable team today.. Pujara and Vijay are the only test heavyweights (if you call it that :)) )

Unbelievable how South African national team is so good, yet the A team is mediocre, I can see them losing their number 1 place once the next generation start playing, how awful are they?

Unbelievable how South African national team is so good, yet the A team is mediocre, I can see them losing their number 1 place once the next generation start playing, how awful are they?
Fans like soso_killer have already conceded this.

True and the talk of all 'sustainability' BS

Very Australian-esque innings by the Saffa's, it's good to see the 6 nightwatchmen effectively shielding the real batsmen down the order :kapil

Last edited:
wow all that population eh, india's H side must be world beaters. shame their first team sucks.

cricket is so alien to an average chinese person it may as well be from another planet.

point being population is a weak argument.It has been discussed and beaten to death many times before

Population argument is not valid for Pakistan and India as only fraction of population play proper cricket. :tapeball:ahmed

point being population is a weak argument.It has been discussed and beaten to death many times before

no, of course it should make a difference. india and pakistan just don't nurture talent as well as some other countries do.

Population argument is not valid for Pakistan and India as only fraction of population play proper cricket. :tapeball:ahmed

what? the fraction of people who play proper cricket in pak and india is no less than in england, if anything it's more.

SA well on top in this match. It will be interesting to see how we fare here on. A great opportunity for Rayudu to keep up the knocking on selectors' doors and for Rasool to justify all the hype over his all-round skills. Also, it would be interesting to see how our batsmen fare in deteriorating conditions in the second innings.

A lot to look forward to ...now that we are on the back foot for a change.

Good to see one fan stick by his team despite being on the ropes

DInesh Karthik what a waste of a good talent. His international career could be on the brink after this failure. Hasn't grabbed his chances at all.

Same with Rahane, wasted two opportunities. Less said about the hacks like Binny the better. In the squad solely due to his dad Roger being one of the national selectors.

Rayudu though has a chance to score runs and continue to enhance his reputation.

Less said about the hacks like Binny the better. In the squad solely due to his dad Roger being one of the national selectors.

To be fair, I think the selectors will try any seam bowling all-round option we have, given that the next WC is in Australia. Binny got a go ..he could not capitalize. These selectors have been doing a good job, in my view.

India has lost three to an off break bowler? Wow. Must be some pitch.

Not in FC cricket.

But yes the batting has let itself down. Always happens with us Opposition 90/6, recovers and then thrashes us.
They're international veterans, I haven't even heard of half of the SA A players before.

They're international veterans, I haven't even heard of half of the SA A players before.
Calling them International veterans is bit too much.Dhawan has played a single test match and a single test innings.Rohit has never played a test match and though Raina has played 17 Test matches is out of Indian test team and fighting for a middle order berth.

Calling them International veterans is bit too much.Dhawan has played a single test match and a single test innings.Rohit has never played a test match and though Raina has played 17 Test matches is out of Indian test team and fighting for a middle order berth.
In comparison to other A level players they are very much veterans.

Dhawan, Raina, Rohit, Shami , Unadkat all missing with jokers like Binny playing

Those many changes were not needed just to give everyone a game.

I doubt they could have done any better here. They have been Lucky given real flat tracks so far.

Expect these or even worse conditions when the real action starts.

I doubt they could have done any better here. They have been Lucky given real flat tracks so far.

Expect these or even worse conditions when the real action starts.
Yep, real flat tracks for India and minefield for SA 'A'. Thats why they were defeated by an innings in the first test.

I doubt they could have done any better here.
Well when they were here, India 'A' won the tri series and thrashed SA 'A' in the first test. So obviously their presence would've boosted India 'A' chances in this test.

In comparison to other A level players they are very much veterans.
These A tours are for giving fringe players experience in these foreign conditions.For Indian test side Rohit,DK,Shami,Unadkat,Raina are all fringe players.

DInesh Karthik what a waste of a good talent. His international career could be on the brink after this failure. Hasn't grabbed his chances at all.
I'm so ****** off to see this good for nothing player getting chances after chances despite doing nothing whenever he got chance to play.

Surely, there would be far better WK bats in Indian cricket than this joke of a cricketer.

Shows the importance of letting prosper that almost 200-run partnership between Harmer and Parnell for the 7th wicket.

Somethings never change and one of them is Indian trundlers' amazing ability to allow nothing players to make merry when all seems lost for them.

Let the match play out. If it was all about first innings lead, the Aussies would've won the Ashes 4-1.

What exactly is SA A trying to achieve? Do they plan on declaring today or not?

307 to win. Go for it boys. 7 runs today and 100 per session tomorrow :)

Pujara will be the key for India tomorrow.. Good player in the 4th innings.. Looks difficult, but lets go for it :)

i don't know what that hack vijay is doing in Sa!the guy is a sitting duck against the swinging ball!
but the sad part is we have no other option as gambo and viru are totally out of form!

Last edited:
Will be a test for guys like Pujara,Rahane,Rayidu and Karthick.seems parvez rasool is pretty good with bat.scored an unbeaten 30 in fist innings.

Vijay should not be included in SA tour.

Pujara should open with Dhawan and hopefully Rohit finds a place in the middle order.

Any info(pace, height, age) about IC pandey and BE Hendricks both look lethal :waqar .

I think Vijay will be given first preference as he played well in home series against Aussies.If he fails we should give Rahane a go as an opener.He was once our reserve opener and heard in interviews he likes opening the batting.

I think Vijay will be given first preference as he played well in home series against Aussies.If he fails we should give Rahane a go as an opener.He was once our reserve opener and heard in interviews he likes opening the batting.

No. Selectors are considering Rahane purely as a MO batsman.

Pujara should open with Dhawan and hopefully Rohit finds a place in the middle order.

I suspect this is the back up plan being worked on. Pujara opening in this warm up game is probably a subtle testing of waters.

If he fails we should give Rahane a go as an opener.He was once our reserve opener and heard in interviews he likes opening the batting.
On what basis should Rahane be given a chance? Has he done anything of note since the time he choked twice in Delhi test?

And lol what a criteria to pick your openers for a test series against best team in world and that too in their own den? I don't think situation is that bad in Indian cricket.

I'd anyday play Rohit ahead of that hack Vijay in test XI. At least, the former has promise while Vijay is just a FTB.

On what basis should Rahane be given a chance? Has he done anything of note since the time he choked twice in Delhi test?

And lol what a criteria to pick your openers for a test series against best team in world and that too in their own den? I don't think situation is that bad in Indian cricket.
How can we discard someone on the basis of a single test match. Rahane has been a champion FC batsman for some time and on basis of that he deserves more chances.

Then who will be India's reserve openers for this important tour?

I think Vijay will make the squad, given that he did well against the Aussies at home. His spot in the playing XI would depend on how he fares in the warm up games.

Gambhir may be in the reckoning if he does well in county cricket.

I think Dhoni and Fletcher may start off with Dhawan + Vijay as the default opening pair. If Vijay does not cut it, they are likely to consider Gambhir (if picked) or Pujara for the opening slot rather than Rahane. This is what they did in the home series against Australia when Dhawan was injured as well. If they didn't try Rahane as opener in a home test while leading 3-0, it is unlikely they will throw him to the wolves in SA.

Basically, Pujara (O) + Rohit (MO) > Rahane (O) + Pujara (MO).

How can we discard someone on the basis of a single test match. Rahane has been a champion FC batsman for some time and on basis of that he deserves more chances.

He is getting chances such as these on the A tour. Unfortunately, he hasn't capitalized on those so far. He has another chance today. A good knock here could go a long way in resurrecting his career.

Should also try Rohit as an opener because he has done reasonably well whatever opportunities he has got in ODI's as an opener

Call me crazy but I think India's opening bowling will go better than India's batting.

wellofcourse :msd:

You need to be really good to have a realistic chance against Steyn and Philander in those conditions

Should also try Rohit as an opener because he has done reasonably well whatever opportunities he has got in ODI's as an opener

Pujara has been willing to open. So if Rohit has to play, it is likely he will be given a MO slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back