South Africa v Australia | 1st Test | Centurion | Day 4 | 15 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outstanding shot by Amla.

Back foot cover drive when the bowler is bowling at a 150ks.

All that bowling as a unit thing sounds good on tv in the press interviews. But bowlers have egos. They don't want to be holding an end down while Johnson gets all the wickets. No way.

It's a team game mate. I don't know what is in their heads, but bowlers work as a unit. Wickets they get are a result of collective pressure. If Jonno was bowling with Tremlett and Bresnan who cannot build pressure I doubt he would be getting as many wickets as he is getting.

Amla you beauty. Dont know why some people call him boring.

Good to see Clarke continuing to attack despite the boundaries from Amla and Faf

Centurion looks packed today. Heaps of hotties in the crowd

The pitch isn't too bad for batting.

Maybe Australia should have taken the lead to 550 before declaring :13:

I mean there is Johnson and all that, but without Johnson they would be hard pressed to find wickets quickly.

And while I say that Faf goes...

Guess Clarke knows what he was thinking.....

Faf unlucky there. Really looked like staying there for a long time. Oh well. AB time.

3/49. Amla and AB will need to score 200 each

Brilliant ball from Siddle.

On the radio Barry Richards was just saying he expected that

The pitch isn't too bad for batting.

Maybe Australia should have taken the lead to 550 before declaring :13:

I mean there is Johnson and all that, but without Johnson they would be hard pressed to find wickets quickly.

And while I say that Faf goes...

Guess Clarke knows what he was thinking.....

Siddle has just taken a wicket. It's more than a one man show. There's only been 16 overs bowled lol. They are taking a wicket every 34 balls so far. They just need to bowl in the right areas, bowl to their strengths, and the wickets will come. It will take an outstanding effort from the Yarps to win and if they pull it off they deserve it.

Dodgy bounce and Amla mistimes inside edged but Haddin missed it and goes for 4 byes

If any of these two get out in next 10 overs, I expect the SA batting to fold up today itself.

SA will probably lose this from here has been a beast effort from Johnson.. not much can be done when he fires. It will be good for SA if both Amla and DeVilliers can score some runs and get in some sort of form and confidence.

The fate of this series will hinge alot on how Amla and De Villiers handle Johnson, and will need to be at their best as Johnno continues to steam in leaving a trail of destruction in his path. These two have the ability to take on Johnson and will have to be on top of their game.

The Saffers also need their main man Steyn to get into his groove, the bowling looks toothless when he is offcolour.

Always plenty of talent in South Africa

I was in hospital in Pretoria once. All the nurses looked like models! They seemed to consider me a wounded hero and cooed over me. It was great.....

Amla in 6000 runs club in test. hope he can enter 10k runs when he retires...

AB and Amla batting together. It doesn't get any better than that.

I was in hospital in Pretoria once. All the nurses looked like models! They seemed to consider me a wounded hero and cooed over me. It was great.....

Cmon now we've all had that dream. Pics or it didn't happen :))

Seffrica's two best bats at the crease. Get one of these out and it's goodnight (Robert's) nurse

And as I type Amla is :out edged to the slips for 35

Seffrica 4/97 and a mountain to climb now

Saffers all over the place !

Australia is just too good of a team at the moment !

Huge shout for LBW...referred

Could hear them saying:

"that was full?"
"pitched in line?"

Hotspot shows inside edge so this will be not out. Good call Aleem Dar, he must be laughing at the OZ inside

277 more runs for ABCD to get his triple

One more wicket and we're into the tail with still 380 to get for the Yarps

So glad that Pup keeps attacking. I know he has 380 runs to defend and just a wicket away from breaking into the tail but wickets slow the run rate more than any field placing you can make

So glad that Pup keeps attacking. I know he has 380 runs to defend and just a wicket away from breaking into the tail but wickets slow the run rate more than any field placing you can make

Mathews disagrees.

Clarke would never have bowled first on this deck but SAs defensive mentality has got the better of them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wonder if Energetic goes to funerals and birthday parties and laments about the lack of attendance.

Clarke would never have bowled first on this deck but SAs defensive mentality has got the better of them

Yeah bad move by Smiff no doubt. Bright sunny day and Steyn battling a stomach bug and still opts to bowl first. Fail whale! Must have been a bit unnerved by Aus attack I reckon.

Yeah bad move by Smiff no doubt. Bright sunny day and Steyn battling a stomach bug and still opts to bowl first. Fail whale! Must have been a bit unnerved by Aus attack I reckon.

Pretty much he was scared of getting rolled over by Mitch and co without Kallis Saffer batting lineup doesn't look all that great with Amla out of form and Smith being a lesser force now the batting line up is dependent on ABCD atm

SA going at 1.5 rpo for the last 10. Duminy in particular has really gotten tied down. I wonder when Pup will bring Jonno back on

I love it when Cricket has a good attendance and especially atmosphere. Makes the sport automatically compete with the other worlds major sports. Pretty impressive crowds for Cricket in recent times apart from certain places whose 'name' I won't mention. Australia with their 1 million plus barrier record, Bangladesh series in Sri Lanka and now SA with Australia. Impressive stuff.

This block block block approach from SA isn't going to save them.

Not so sure about that one. SA were 4 down at the end of day 4 in Adelaide not too long ago and we all know what happened there. AB will do his thang and if Duminy could do a Faf it's on like donkey kong! :afridi

Duminy :out caught at short leg, fantastic catch

Jonno has 3

This crowd just wants to have a good time and see Jonno bowl I think. They seem intent on entertaining themselves since their team won't do it for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back