South Africa v Bangladesh 1st ODI

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Latest S.A 81 for 2 (16.5 overs)

Ontong and Amla men out, Kalis and De-villiers men in!

South Africa 216-6 after 44.5 overs @ 4.8
with top 5 getting over 30 runs each looks a low score

South Africa score 283. I cannot see Bangladesh reaching that total against a bowling attack of Steyn and Morne Morkel

Bang 24-2 after 8 overs - need 256 more @ 6.09
Tamim and Ashraful batting
Steyn 4 overs 5 runs and 2 wickets

Ashraful on a high against Louw :)

.6 Louw to Mohammad Ashraful, FOUR, short and straight again, pulled away again. That's also the end of the powerplay.
9.5 Louw to Mohammad Ashraful, FOUR, another boundary, this is getting expensive, short and straight and pulled away mightily.
9.4 Louw to Mohammad Ashraful, no run, driven to mid-off, good fielding there saves a couple at least.
9.3 Louw to Mohammad Ashraful, FOUR, another one, short and wide outside the off, gives him the freedom of swinging the arms, the ball went like a bullet past point and straight to the fence.
9.2 Louw to Mohammad Ashraful, FOUR, flicked away powerfully over the top of square leg, just too straight this time. Gave that a powerful wack.

Too much green out there - the outfield is green, the SA shirts are green and the BD shirts are green too.

Surely countries need to have a home and away kit ?

Saj said:
Too much green out there - the outfield is green, the SA shirts are green and the BD shirts are green too.

Surely countries need to have a home and away kit ?

fans on both sides are wearing green

Bangla 81/4

Ashraful still in and he will need to stay there till the 50th over if bangla want to get close here!

Bangladesh require another 140 runs with 6 wickets and 19.2 overs remaining

Bangladesh require another 129 runs with 6 wickets and 18.0 overs remaining

Bangladesh require another 119 runs with 6 wickets and 17.0 overs remaining

Hold on.. this is very possible.

The two best batsmen are at the crease, required rate is around 7, and both have their eye in. Come on Bangladesh, you can do this.

South Africa 283/8 (50 ov)
Bangladesh 169/4 (34.0 ov)
Bangladesh require another 115 runs with 6 wickets and 16.0 overs remaining

Bangladesh RR 4.97
Required RR 7.18
South Africa RR 5.66

34.1 Steyn to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, that's the important breakthrough that the South Africans so desperately neede. Steyn get the outside edge first ball back into the attack and Boucher makes no mistake.
Mohammad Ashraful c wicketkeeperBoucher b Steyn 73 (0m 78b 10x4 0x6) SR: 93.58

Game Virtually ends here

bowled him first ball.

Steyn 2 from 2....4 for 10 in 6 overs....not bad for a guy who hasn't bowled in a few months.

Real deal this boy.

34.2 Steyn to Raqibul Hasan, OUT, first ball! Double break-trhough for Steyn, that's two in two balls, same as the previous one, this time just hitting the top of off stump.
Raqibul Hasan b Steyn 0 (0m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

S.A won comfertable in end but Bangladesh did put up a respectible fight.

In tamim iqbal and Saqubul Hasan they have two batsmen who i think could do really well at international level for a long time Both have the talent, Tamim just needs to improve his tempremant!

i'm reasonably well pleased with this match. first real match on a bouncy track, it wasn't all that bad. though i wish we hadn't given up 66 in the last 5 overs.

i had started seriously doubting ashraful's ability, but his last 4 ODI innings have fetched scores of 60*, 40, 8, and 73. i hope he can keep it up especially in the tests, were his record has been unspeakable this year.

Back