South Africa v India | 2nd ODI | Durban | Dec 8, 2013 | South African Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashraful_Rox

Test Debutant
Runs
The Toss is delayed because of Wet outfield.

Indian batsmen will be fired up, this will be an exciting contest.

I don't normally tune in to JAMODI, but all the hue and cry from India means I will be following this one :D

Ishant and Yadav should play, Mohit and Bhuvi needs to sit out.

Shami and Yadav to open the bowling, Ishant should be first change.

See the pitch mate, tgen u will understand the hue and cry :D

Enjoy the conditions, it's interesting to see who in your team can stand up in alien conditions.

We always get smashed in India, but its interesting to see who of our batters can make runs on your lunar surfaces.

The pitch looks a lot less greener than what was reported. Good news for us.

Is drainage so bad in this ground? It didn't rain that much and ground has 20 bags of sawdust.

Cricket rules really need to change, these are grown men playing here not kindergarten girls ffs

Probably explains the green in the ground as well.

I think with the test series coming up the curators did not want to cut the grass and end up producing pancakes and dull draws. Its only less than 20 days till the tests, definately not enough time to recover that grass. Had we played test 1st then i think the grass would have been mowed

Pitch inspection is @10:40 which is right about now.
We will start losing over if play does not resume @11:00 AM

Its been raining heavily for two weeks.

So earlier rain did the damage in advance. That explains it. I heard commentators on sky sports saying that it didn't rain much in the last 24 hours.

Last edited:
This is seriously stupid now.
Umpires should be sacked for this!

So earlier rain did the damage in advance. That explains it. I heard commentators on sky sports saying that it didn't rain much in the last 24 hours.

yeah it did not rain over night which is good as things would be worse. And no rain is predicted today

It would be seriously stupid if we lost overs because of this.Umpires are off their rockers.

Well, I was watching the Ashes and hoping to catch 10-15 overs of this game before going to bed but it's very late here. Feeling very sleepy. All of you enjoy the game.

It rains so bad in Durban during the summer that the Dolphins have been eliminated twice from the Limited Overs cricket competition not making the knock out phase. Also affects their 1st class campaign.
I think they should relocate to East London and relay the pitch there. Its not very far, this means the Warriors will only play in PE

"We have news. It's an 1130 start. Toss in five minutes. It will be a 49 overs-a-side match."

10.55 am We have news. It's an 1130 start. Toss in five minutes. It will be a 49 overs-a-side match.

Team News: Rahane replaced Yuvi, Umesh replaced Buvi, Ishant replaced Mohit.

Ishant Sharma again ....... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????

LOL you wanna bet, there is no limit to the crapness of Ishant. Terrible bowler makes Sami look like a world beater.

Yes, he is but he got an uncanny ability of picking odd wickets. *Fingers crossed*

Kepler saying not much grass on this pitch?

It's a green pitch due to lots of rains in the last 15 days. He is just trying to downplay it. Good that game will at least happen.

5 top class bowlers against young Indian batsman, lets see how they fare!!

would have been more fun if India batted first .. as the real contest is SA bowlers vs Indian batters

Come on India! Hopefully South Africa's naughty plans backfire :boycott

LOL no grass on pitch.. moisture dried up, that's it guyzz even GOD don't want us to win.

What is really disturbing is that India's approach to selecting bowlers is like Pakistan's approach to selecting new batsmen- Keep 5 or 6 guys, and whenever anyone fails, replace them with one of the others....

Dhoni had no choice other than to bowl first with this bowling lineup. Lets see how ishant and umesh bowls here.

Ishant Sharma again ....... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????

Styne's suggestion....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/content/story/698015.html
"If you really want to look at it though, with the ball they lack someone who can really bowl with pace up there. They need that one guy there bowling so. They have got Ishant [Sharma] sitting on the sides, he is the one guy that can bowl over 140kmph. And we have got really good batters like [Jacques] Kallis, [Hashim] Amla, [Quinton] de Kock, [AB] de Villiers in some good space now. I think you need guys who can spin the ball a mile or can bowl quickly.

South Africa v India | 2nd ODI | Durban | Dec 8, 2013 | South Africa Innings

Umesh and ishant will destroy SA :)

Someone saying India have decided to go in with pace. And then saw they have recalled Ishant :13:

Opening bowlers still bowling all over the place.

Ball isn't bouncing half what it did in last ODI. Indian batsmen might enjoy this.

There wont be steep bounce
Sigh of relief for India?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ravi suggesting Ishant's height will do the wonders here

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ravi shastri needs to calm down a touch, he should stop acting as if it's the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back