South Africa v Sri Lanka | 2nd ODI | East London | Jan 14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawad2010

T20I Debutant
Runs
SA won the toss and sent in Lankans to bat.

Dilshan runout for 0 already

SL 6/1 in 3 overs.

Hope SL can find some form today, but it really looks unlikely at this point.

6/1 after 4 overs.

Sri Lanka 13/1 after 7 overs, Clearly still scarred from their last performance.

Would have loved to see Chandimal get a century, he played a fantastic innings. Hope he will keep getting better and better.

I was watching the game earlier and during the early part of the South African innings.... a Sri Lankan commentator (ex-player) admitted that he carried dried cow-dung in his cricket kit-bag (?) so that he won't forget where he came from or his roots. He said, it was supposed to remain "secret" bu Lance Klusner accidentally discovered it.

Does anybody know who is the ex-player from Sri Lanak commentating today?

I was watching the game earlier and during the early part of the South African innings.... a Sri Lankan commentator (ex-player) admitted that he carried dried cow-dung in his cricket kit-bag (?) so that he won't forget where he came from or his roots. He said, it was supposed to remain "secret" bu Lance Klusner accidentally discovered it.

Does anybody know who is the ex-player from Sri Lanak commentating today?

It was Ntini. He was a herdsman before he started playing cricket.

Ntini said that he carried cow dung everywhere except India because he could find cow dung everywhere in India even at the doorstep of his hotel

It was Ntini. He was a herdsman before he started playing cricket.

Ntini said that he carried cow dung everywhere except India because he could find cow dung everywhere in India even at the doorstep of his hotel

Thanks for correcting.... I was talking on the phone and listening to commentary..... so did not catch the whole story.

"South Africa's biggest obstacle in the chase was South Africa, who they managed to overcome and win with time to spare."

:))

Thanks for correcting.... I was talking on the phone and listening to commentary..... so did not catch the whole story.

Maybe the Indian team should also carry cow dung with them when they tour australia, england and South africa. It will make them feel at home and they may perform the they perform at home :)

Maybe the Indian team should also carry cow dung with them when they tour australia, england and South africa. It will make them feel at home and they may perform the they perform at home :)

If they did that then we won't be able to tell if the stink coming from MCG/SCG/WACA was their performance or the cow-dung! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back