ICC World Cup 2023: South Africa (428/5) inflict a massive 102-run defeat over Sri Lanka (326)

Poor bowling

Bowling leg side trash from South Africa, no excuse despite how flat the pitch is

This is pathetic bowling by Rabada. Lot of swing on offer. He is bowling half trackers that too down the leg side

Unreal stuff from Kusal Mendis. Hitting sixes to Rabada is not a joke. Deserve century

Is it me or is Rabada just another Wahab Riaz just looks aesthetically better

I thought SL bowling was the worst. These guys with all the experience bowl utter crap. Funny part is this is Rabada's IPL home ground lol

I mean SA can afford to bowl a bit poor as long as their looking to take wickets like jansen is.

They have plenty of score on the board, no need to bowl defensively lol. Their just trying to take wickets which they are doing.

Maybe it’s not the surface but something in the air that’s hypnotising bowlers to bowl some foul rubbish

Lets take a moment and appreciate this.

Fine, pitch is flat.

But do you think Babar and Rizwan will be scoring like Mendis on this pitch?

The guy is playing really well.

I don't think other srilankans do this as well. It is just that SA is bowlingto his strength.

I thought SL bowling was the worst. These guys with all the experience bowl utter crap. Funny part is this is Rabada's IPL home ground lol
i think U are being too harsh pitch is very flat and ball is coming on lightening quick.

Flat pitches, Under lights quick outfeild can make any bowling unit look pathetic.

if there is any team in current era that can lose its marbles when defending 429.. its SA. So much of talent, but they seem to just freeze under pressure generation after generation. Rabada and Ngidi have plenty of IPL experience in Delhi to know what lines to bowl..

they are just feeding everything on the leg side to mendis..and he is on a six hitting spree. SA bowlers are better than this.

No he is not just averages about 30 odd.

That average doesn’t do any justice to his ability.

He used to blow hot and cold but he’s now very good.

I would take him over Babar in white ball cricket.

Whatever the result will be hats off to sl specially Mendis for going for it and the attacking mindset

Whatever the result will be hats off to sl specially Mendis for going for it and the attacking mindset

Nothing to lose situation. Once he is gone i expect this chase to fizzle out. Shanaka is a nervous wreck generally.

This is a good batting duo. One can attack pace the other spin

Only two teams has crossed 300 in 53 matches at Delhi until this carnage

Windies vs Netherlands in 2011
Pakistan vs India 2005
& The reason Pak were able to achieve that was because they had a certain someone who could exploit these sort of pitches & completely destroy opposition, not to mention they at that time had two more destructive power hitters & at least three more proper batsmen who could change gear if required. It's astonishing to see in this see ball hit ball age current Pak have have none of it. Just a bunch of mediocre milestone obsessed accumulators who ccouldn't strike more than 120 even if you held gun on their head.

Lets take a moment and appreciate this.

Fine, pitch is flat.

But do you think Babar and Rizwan will be scoring like Mendis on this pitch?

The guy is playing really well.

Bro if Sri lanka is playing like this, then we as pakistani fans shpuld be very very scared lol.

& The reason Pak were able to achieve that was because they had a certain someone who could exploit these sort of pitches & completely destroy opposition, not to mention they at that time had two more destructive power hitters & at least three more proper batsmen who could change gear if required. It's astonishing to see in this see ball hit ball age current Pak have have none of it. Just a bunch of mediocre milestone obsessed accumulators who ccouldn't strike more than 120 even if you held gun on their head.

Pakistan had better bowling unit back then both upfront and middle phase

Okay this match is over now.

Was watching this for Mendis.

Wow unreal batting. Well done. I want to say SA to make semis but I am just never confident with them due to choking genes. I am still sticking with Pakistan india Australia and either Lanka or nz.

Yup real test was after the batting pp finish. South Africa will be going to no 1 sport they will win by 150-180 runs

This is why middle of the road totals are not safe here. If the total was not 429, Kusal could have rotated the strike and eased their way to win.

South Africa has 123 sixes in 13 matches this year.Staggering.

2023 six count

Screenshot-2023-10-07-072934.jpg
Pak's numbers are ridiculously embarrassing for a team who were famous for six hitting with ease back in the 90's /00's. Moin, Wasim, Razzak, Afridi, Mahmud these guys could hit sixes probably at their sleep. Not to forget proper batsmen like Malik, Anwar, Izaz,Inzy etc. I feel bad to see such legacy going down the drain.

Coetzee 143 kph. SA is seriously pathetic to use Ngidi when they have an express bowler like him lol

Oh man south Africa will get a net rr boost today after today match they will only have to care about winning and not the margins

South Africa domestic is full of gun fast bowlers they come one after another

Pak's numbers are ridiculously embarrassing for a team who were famous for six hitting with ease back in the 90's /00's. Moin, Wasim, Razzak, Afridi, Mahmud these guys could hit sixes probably at their sleep. Not to forget proper batsmen like Malik, Anwar, Izaz,Inzy etc. I feel bad to see such legacy going down the drain.

For the first time i see batting stat obsession even among fans. Ranking, points, average . This is all the focus instead of worrying about how to throw a collective punch.

Back