South Africa vs. Pakistan 2nd ODI: 2nd Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahaqureshi

T20I Debutant
Runs
After a diastrous opening match to this ODI series, the Pakistanis have come back very strong putting up a formidable total of 351/4 in their allotted 50 overs. The scorecard reads as follows:

Imran Nazir lbw b C Langeveldt 57
Kamran Akmal (wk) lbw b S Pollock 0
Younis Khan c C Langeveldt b G Smith 93
Mohammad Yousuf batting 101
Inzamam Ul Haq (c) run out (H Gibbs) 13
Shahid Afridi batting 77

I Nazir's revival, Younis and Yousuf's classy, solid batting and Afridi's wonderful beastly animalistic hitting has put Pakistan up.

What will be S.Africa's reply? Asif, Rana, Razzaq and mahmood to tell us in 30 minutes time!

I hope Rana regains his form for this match, would add to all the positives thus far

At the start of the match i was actually thinking that bringin in Nazir for Hafeez was a bad move. Boy, am i glad i was proven wrong. Although would still like to see hafeez somehow slotted in this team. His bowling is a big plus

Aaaarrgghhh...to hell with selection matters...i shall enjoy this onslaught instead :D

The slower bowlers have came out with some respect on this pitch. Inzi should take note and bring in Affers and Malik as soon as.

*Afridi, Razzaq and Malik should be promoted over Inzi in these situations,*

looks like there's a few clouds around - what a disaster this would be if it was a rained off now

If Pakistan bowl like they did in the last match then this score can be chased with ease. I'll expect Pakistan to be tighter though and put them as favourites with the score on the board. South Africa though are a brilliant one day team, especially at home so i'm not writing them off yet.

KalAhmed said:
looks like there's a few clouds around - what a disaster this would be if it was a rained off now

The weather forecast did not suggest anything about rain

Hope it doesnt rain..according cnn its mostly clear today hopefuly it will stay the same..pak just need to do the basics right & they should win this Inshallah !

Rob H said:
If Pakistan bowl like they did in the last match then this score can be chased with ease. I'll expect Pakistan to be tighter though and put them as favourites with the score on the board. South Africa though are a brilliant one day team, especially at home so i'm not writing them off yet.

Batting under lights in Durban is one hell of a nightmare. Hence you see that stat: 20 matches 15 matches won by teams batting first

Perhaps this is not the right thread but what erks me is that, win or lose this game or even this series, it was not long ago when we went 12 games undefeated in onedayers, ok so we lost a couple of oneday series, same goes for test matche and suddenly there is no planning by the management and bob woolmer is this and that...miandad and the so called experts crawling out of the woodworks to have a go at inzy and chacha bob...

why cant there be any consistency from the fans and the arm chair critics????

Clouds about anyone know of any rain around?
Friend of mine in Durban has been saying all day that it's going to be rain affected.

Hope it isn't, having a good chase at a big target like this is just what SA need for our world cup preps, whether we get there or not.

If anyone can chase a score of 350 its SA. Mentally, 351 wont be as imposing as it once might have been.

I feel we are 1 bowler short. You know SA will try to go after our part timers and we have 4 of them out of who we have to get 30 hours. Could be tricky. Hope Inzi used his brain and bowlers well and bring us home for an easy win.

Oxy said:
If anyone can chase a score of 350 its SA. Mentally, 351 wont be as imposing as it once might have been.

But under lights at Durban specially, thats a difficult task. Not impossible ofcourse, but unlikely

not only that but they chased it vs aussies, if u didnt know the aussies are ranked #1 in the world of cricket

Why did Pakistan not score 392????

Pak extras 30
SAF extras 10

iafzal said:
I feel we are 1 bowler short. You know SA will try to go after our part timers and we have 4 of them out of who we have to get 30 hours. Could be tricky. Hope Inzi used his brain and bowlers well and bring us home for an easy win.

Bhai saab, the game won't last 30 hours! Its not a test match :p

Asif cuts Smith in half. Needs to move his feet a bit more.

Rana getting swing and bowling a better length so far-line is still too leg sided for me at the mo

shan said:
we are 50 runs short.
BLoody hell. For a team that has been 'pathetic' (in your own words), 350 is 200 runs too much for our team!

Who dropped it? How difficult a chance was it?

afridi fielding is overated to be honest.he has lost his agility due to gaining weight over the years.

It was on his left and low- dived and tried to get both hands to it- dropped after his elbows touched the ground

5 dots for Asif. Good over thus far. Lets hope he doesnt wreck it with a poor ball to finish.

and he does a bit, a long hop cut but only a single

12/0 off 3

IMMY69 said:
Perhaps this is not the right thread but what erks me is that, win or lose this game or even this series, it was not long ago when we went 12 games undefeated in onedayers, ok so we lost a couple of oneday series, same goes for test matche and suddenly there is no planning by the management and bob woolmer is this and that...miandad and the so called experts crawling out of the woodworks to have a go at inzy and chacha bob...

why cant there be any consistency from the fans and the arm chair critics????

You got your answer(s)...when not even one person answered to your post ;-)

hope its not another onesided match...........if sa don lose ,ore than 2 wikts in first 20 ovrs ..its game !

played down to 3rd man fo a single... Rana going for 21 so farr

If saffies win this game ,they are the champs Wc07 ,nodoubt abt that.......buy or sell.....

You can't fully blame Rana as he is getting hammered because Asif is too good. But also he should try and bowl a tighter line and build up pressure.

Looks like I am watching 2 different matches ..one when Asif is on ..and then the other one when Rana is bowling

rana's in the team because of the WI series, i don't wanna see him in the WC though. When he's expensive he likes to go all the way!! :x

crushing shot for 4 by Smith. Pulled from way outside off stump. Rana dishing up trash.

short again from rana.... why rana, why do you insist on bowling short when you are being hammered?

Rana what are you doing. He is doing his best to not get picked for the WC.

Rana has to tighten his length as usual
Asif -- gets Smith in the slips Younis ever alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back