South Africa vs. Pakistan 2nd ODI: 2nd Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good time for another bowling change. 4 off the over, 5 dot balls.

87-2(14)

Azhar first to congratulate Razzaq ...

imagine if these 2 blossomed the way they should have... 8 years ago these 2 were potentially great all rounders..

dirk diggler said:
can any1 explain the logic of picking razzaq ahead of sami especially with azhar in the team??

Yes, Sami bats better then he bowls...

What pace is razzaq bowling at. Whats his average speed and what was his highest for the day. I just want to check what effect does the presence of Azhar in the team has on razzaq.

dirk diggler said:
can any1 explain the logic of picking razzaq ahead of sami especially with azhar in the team??
Little option in the bowling attack and to give Razzaq a much needed push in the right direction - one of these is going to be in the WC and they have to have head to head chance to go for it for the next 3 games too I think.

Big Daddy said:
What pace is razzaq bowling at. Whats his average speed and what was his highest for the day. I just want to check what effect does the presence of Azhar in the team has on razzaq.

Late 120's a few at 132kph

Big Daddy said:

not sure bout razzaqs speed wait let u no in a minute.

fastest i saw of the day was 149.6 by Nel

Afridi talking to Inzy ... we saw his captaincy in the domestic 20/20...

atleast we know he wont be sleeping or leaving the field for rest breaks..

If one of akhtar or gul is injured, azhar should be in the team.... if only to motivate razzaq... :p

Just seen Samis batting stats very good with an excellent strike rate! oh wait, thats his bowling.

1 off the asif over. 8th off the spell, is this guy good!

88-2(15)

WC attack will not have Rana & Sami in all probability if Gul & Shoaib return, so best to try and see what Afridi, Malik, Razzaq, Hafeez & Azhar can do with the ball and bat as we can go with 3-4 allrounders and three main bowlers to get a solid attack and deep batting line-up

Is Asif going to bowl 10 overs on the trot? If he keeps up at this rate, he is going to break down before the world cup.

MCMLXXXII said:
Is Asif going to bowl 10 overs on the trot? If he keeps up at this rate, he is going to break down before the world cup.

:O Dont even say that!

What is inzi thinking? he is seriously testing asif here. Its not worth the risk.....

Bowling as tight as ever in his 9th of his spell.

This is actually quite extrodinary tactics by Inzi, if something goes wrong in the middle of the innings or he needs someone to get wickets at the death then who the hell is he going to turn to? Rana?

3 more overs in the powerplay left- Inzi will only get the spinners on after that

Usman said:
This is actually quite extrodinary tactics by Inzi, if something goes wrong in the middle of the innings or he needs someone to get wickets at the death then who the hell is he going to turn to? Rana?

Rana is more of a death bowler, asif isnt!

dirk diggler said:
has razzaq ever bowled an over which doesnt include a boundary or two!
Remember THAT over v S Lanka???

Usman said:

Azhar still to bowl...

Usman said:

good point. We have just one top class bowler. Asif's spell shouldve been a maximum of 7 overs.

Asif cant bowl at the death he is to oslow and like pollock is hittable

Asif can't bowl at the death. Might as well keep him on while the going is good for him.

Now its upto the bits n pieces players to win the match for PAK...Asif has almost finsihed his quota!!

Asif 9 overs 1/28....what a bowler!

Salman said:
Azhar still to bowl...

Yeah i know that but dont you think Inzi is taking a massive risk here, because he doesn't even know if Azar is going to ball well or not?

azhar mahmood should bvowl in last 10 overs for sure

and add rana to that cos he is a good death bowler

and.........is that all?

and razzaq gets hit for a 6 just now

Razzaq is bowling welll....

oops Gibbs just smashed him for a six!!

huge six from gibbs runs down wicket and launches ball over legside!

This total isnt a safe one!

S.A 110/2 after 18 overs...

10 runs off the over

Maybe not at the death, but atleast save 3 overs for the middle... just in case. If things start going horribly wrong inzi will have no one reliable to turn to.

For those criticising Inzi for bowling out Asif - in the last ODI, all the comments were ' come on Inzi you ***, take Asif off, he cant bowl at the end' etc etc etc.

Cant have it both ways!

Usman said:
Yeah i know that but dont you think Inzi is taking a massive risk here, because he doesn't even know if Azar is going to ball well or not?

Can't be worse then Rana... Asif can also get hammered if batsmen going for it...

This toatl is emough, power plays are done almost

Asif into his final over here...

should have maybe kept 2 overs back from him...

azhar should come in after asif is done .. will be interesting to see how he bowls after all this time !

Gibbs looking to force the ball here of the back foot.

I support Inzi's call to complete Asif's spell. He did not do very well in the 1st ODI, during his come-back over ... conceded 27 in his 9th.

Plus, Pakistan is defending a huge total ... these couple of economical overs have the potential to push the required run rate beyond the reach.

Great work, Pakistanis. Great fielding ... there is electricity on the field!

oh no, no no no. Asif hurt, hopefully just a cramp. Had to happen, he's been working like a war horse through out the tour..... bad inzi!!!

i got a sinking feeling :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back