South Africa vs. Pakistan 2nd ODI: 2nd Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham smith probably got desperate and pulled the plug switch from the light!

Rameez laughing like a fool ..saying D/L SA win ...they didn't realise that mike is still on

Last edited:
just because he was rascist doesnt mean you equal up to him and do the same!
How would it make me equally racist when its just him, not his race or country, I'm hating?

That Kallis wicket officially goes to Azhar Mehmood. :)

Its dark apart from some lighters...!

looks like a scene from a night club lol!

Asif's analysis: 10-0-29-2.

With Pakistan defending 351, this means South Africa needs to score 323 off the remaining 40 overs, at 8.07 per over.

I strongly believe it was a good tactic, and it worked! (I'd have looked foolish if he hadn't! been able to continue after the 2nd delivery, or if it had somehow backfired).

A great come-back effort from Pakistan

2 balls to go till 20 over mark and d/l comes into play

someone probs knew it befiore cutting the wires

News just in: SA groundsman have played a delibrate ploy after having suffered at hands of Younis, Yousuf, Asif, Afridi and Razzaq. 3 balls before the duck worth lewis method could be implemented, the lights were turned of so no cricket could be played. More news as it arrives.

Source: Cricinfo

Big Daddy said:
yayyy way to go inzi, u have azhar , malik , afridi and you persist with razzaq who is bleeding runs. excellant captaincy.

:))) :))) :))) :16:

What the Hell.. Here we've a chance of winning, and the Electric company turns out to be ultra faithfull to their country..

Just after the Kallis out they showed Azhar man he looks FAT.

News just in: SA groundsman have played a delibrate ploy after having suffered at hands of Younis, Yousuf, Asif, Afridi and Razzaq. 2 balls before the duck worth lewis method could be implemented, the lights were turned of so no cricket could be played. More news as it arrives.

Zeenix said:
What the Hell.. Here we've a chance of winning, and the Electric company turns out to be ultra faithfull to their country..
Do WAPDA have the contract??

pakistan well on top.. just need 2 more wickets and game is ours.. blackout!! get them lights back on..

so what are the rules ... game is not official yet .. lights will be back ... but when ? will they cut overs because of the delay? A Revised TARGET? or will D/L be applied?

This is rediculous they said they will abandon the game if lights dont come on.

Big Daddy said:
yayyy way to go inzi, u have azhar , malik , afridi and you persist with razzaq who is bleeding runs. excellant captaincy.

He's suddenly transformed into tiny little baby! :))

If Simon Thomas says lighters one more time i'm going to break the TV.

DotCom said:
so what are the rules ... game is not official yet .. lights will be back ... but when ? will they cut overs because of the delay? A Revised TARGET? or will D/L be applied?

If the game doesnt continue (without 20 overs being bowled), game is abandoned.

Need 20 complete overs for a result to be valid.

Yes looks very deliberate ..These Racists can't accept defeat in the right spirit

Oxy said:
If the game doesnt continue (without 20 overs being bowled), game is abandoned.

Need 20 complete overs for a result to be valid.

thanks for the obvious...

we know there will be a delay .. lights will come back ... this is not PK where lights go out for hours/days..

but will the delay and/or a REVISED Target help or hurt PK?

"
This is unbelievable! There has been instances where one flood light has failed but this is the first time I am seeing all the lights fail at the same time. Looks like a massive power cut and sources inform us that it's not just the stadium that has been affected."

-from cricinfo

Usman said:
News just in: SA groundsman have played a delibrate ploy after having suffered at hands of Younis, Yousuf, Asif, Afridi and Razzaq. 2 balls before the duck worth lewis method could be implemented, the lights were turned of so no cricket could be played. More news as it arrives.

Is it really out there on Cricinfo? Sorry if I fail to see the tongue-in-cheek, but we shouldn't attribute this to the source incorrectly.

If D/L comes into play a shortened game could favour S.A!

Two balls short of 20 overs which is the minimum required for a result :))) :)))

how low can you bee Saffies????????????????????? :O :O :O

:12: :12: :12: :12:

All those watching the live transmission, keep us updated on this scandal from SA!

I say it is all Asif's fault- if he didn't cramp up - we would have finished 20 overs and won by D/L method - Asif ko bahar nikaalo!! :p :> ;-)

supposedly not just the ground is without power ...but the Studio cameras are working ..

so its just the stadium floodlights that are the problem .. maybe an hour before play resumes..

i hope the match continues..!! pakistan deserve this win... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Obsessed_in_a_good_way said:
I support Inzi's call to complete Asif's spell. He did not do very well in the 1st ODI, during his come-back over ... conceded 27 in his 9th.

Plus, Pakistan is defending a huge total ... these couple of economical overs have the potential to push the required run rate beyond the reach.

Great work, Pakistanis. Great fielding ... there is electricity on the field!

not anymore .... :))) :)))

Obsessed_in_a_good_way said:
Is it really out there on Cricinfo? Sorry if I fail to see the tongue-in-cheek, but we shouldn't attribute this to the source incorrectly.

Sorry, I meant to say 'masala cricinfo' not the actual cricinfo :D .

Quick, someone at the stadium...dip your hands in blue ink, go to SA dressing room, slap Nel silly, and on the way out...

drop some of that blue ink on Gibbs' hands; would be a hoot after that :D

Just take a flash light and reflect it off Rana's head, man these Saffies lack ingenuity.

"Keith Lane our man at the ground tells us that, Buildings around the ground seem fine, street lamps are also on but everything in the ground is down, except the generator power from the TV vans"

South africans at their best :12: :12: :12:

Usman said:
All those watching the live transmission, keep us updated on this scandal from SA!

This looks very fishy. There is light everywhere except on the towers!!

This is pathetic. Funny, how it happened just two balls before 20 overs.

DotCom said:
thanks for the obvious...

we know there will be a delay .. lights will come back ... this is not PK where lights go out for hours/days..

but will the delay and/or a REVISED Target help or hurt PK?

I think a revised target would hurt Pakistan. Between Kemp, Boucher and Pollock, they would be able to throw their bat at anything, and do it in a shorter time-frame, then to build their innings while chasing what now looks to be a mammoth score.

I'm not sure what the D/L rules would require, but ... in theory:

It's easier to score, say, 152 in 13 overs at almost 12 rpo than 239 in 30.4 at 7.9 rpo

Power not expected anytime soon ..so very high probablity that the match will be cancelled ..

CrickFan said:
Power not expected anytime soon ..so very high probablity that the match will be cancelled ..

power will come soon. Just heard on TV so don't worry :19:

This would be the first time a team has "lost" a game by 2 balls.

so even with a 30 or 60 minute delay, will there be a change in the target?

One thing very surprising is the timing! Exactly 2 balls before 20 overs, which would help in deciding the match. The floodlights couldn't have chosen a better time to go out if you are a South African

Hopefully all this mess is sorted out. Never seen this before in a cricket stadium (and people complain about Pakistan's electricity problems!)

power is back. flood lights firing up I think as ground is not fully bright yet

It would make sense to continue as normal - no change in the targets etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back