Sri Lanka (170/6) beat Pakistan (147 all out) by 23 runs to win the 2022 Asia Cup

Will SL win against the toss today? It would be doubly impressive.
SL have been the better side this tournament anyway.
Pakistan's flaws being exposed this game.
To go from fifty-something for 5 to 170 for 6 means that the bowling side did something terribly wrong.
Did Nawaz bowl injury-free at the end?
Fakhar is finished. He won't be seen in Australia. If they play him against England he will fail. There were always better options than him in T20s.
The Rizwan/Babar opening combo has come to an end.
I saw the first over. To score just 11 runs at the end of such a ridiculous over? They should have bludgeoned them into submission with 25 runs by the end of over two, but, you know, Rizwan and Babar as openers.

SL have already stopped 2 clear boundaries

man full credit to lanka, no one backed them and they are playing quality cricket here

Pakistan issue is that they are aweeping the batting issues under the carpet. Fakhar has been poor throughout but still always in the playing XI

Babar , Rizwan pair plays too many dots still no change.

pakistan management head is blocked , if you have Saqlain as coach who is just sipping tea , pakistan would not win anything big

Rizwan lacks footwork. He is just using hands to hit through. It is impressive he manages to do that. But that lack of feet movement will restrict him against certain lengths.

Yes, can't play without footwork in Australia, as many Pakistanis before him have found out.

chacha edged that, man hee needs to perform today.

i am his fan, but if he cant perform here than he has to be dropped.

It's 2022 and Pakistan has batsmen that can't rotate the strike.

It's like being back in early 00s.

Rizwan, and even in this tournament Babar, the you have Fakhar, Ifthikar and Kushdil who can't play modern day cricket.

These are some simple facts that the selectors refuse to see.

Amazing PP for SL considering the first over. Just 2 boundaries for Pakistan lol

Only Nawaz and Shadab have some proper cricketing shots Rizwan is strutted

As usual power play wasted. Lets see if Fakhar play as a opener against England & World Cup.

And now Hasaranga is on who averages single digits vs Pakistan with ball in T20s.

if they keep pace on, they can get chacha as he often fishes the ball to the keeper.

The times the batters have tried to hit, it's clear the "ball isn't coming on easy" 🤣
Crying Indians should take note.

Get Rizwan if not he will accelerate later and win the game again.

Babar was bound to have a low scoring series.

This is the same player who has scored 9 50+ scores in his last 10 ODI innings, has been in great Test form, and was the highest run scorer in the previous WT20I at the same venue a year ago.

He has been carrying this mediocre batting line up across formats for years now, including in important games.

Some seasonal fans are back from their caves now that he is finally out of form.

Hopefully, he comes back strongly at the upcoming WT20I and shuts up everyone.

Babar preferring Iftikhar over Nawaz in all aspects today. Maybe he wants to come across as a captain that's fair and giving everyone a chance. Should've utilized Nawaz's form for some power hitting at this stage

Rizwan shifting the momentum as usual, time and again keeps doing it for PCT.

Iftikhar = when you order Misbah from Daraz.

Never thought I'd agree with you but this absolutely true.

Doesn't do shi# himself and gets everyone else under pressure. Scores his runs at the end by going along his own pace...everyone else gets the blame

Back