Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Dambulla | 01/08/09 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bublu Bhuyan

T20I Debutant
Runs
Sri Lanka has won the toss and opted to field. It's now official, no Mohammad Yousuf and Misbah-Ul-Haq for this game.

Pakistan
- Kamran Akmal†, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan*, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Fawad Alam, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal

Sri Lanka - WU Tharanga, ST Jayasuriya, KC Sangakkara*†, DPMD Jayawardene, TT Samaraweera, CK Kapugedera, AD Mathews, T Thushara, KMDN Kulasekara, SL Malinga, M Muralitharan

Last edited:
Kamran Akmal†, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan*, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Fawad Alam, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!

I can't believe it! They actually dropped Yousuf and Misbah! Incredibly happy right now.

happy aswell, would of liked to see nazir aswell in place of malik, but will settle for this

i thought this match was tommorow :S, o well good then my night shift will go by faster :p

hope pakistan make a good total, sri lanka batted under par and still made 233.. so a solid performance should see 270-280 still..

I am saddened by the dropping of Yousuf but just as happy to see Misbah accompanying him in the pavillion.

Inshallah Nasir Jamshed and Umar Akmal will do well.

I would have liked to see Malik go before Yousuf though.

So it seems Nasir will open with Akmal and Malik will return back ino the middle order, with Akmal Jr replacing Misbah.

Lets see how it goes lads.

hope jamshed, afridi, the akmal brothers and razzaq play their natural attacking game.

undisputed said:
hope pakistan make a good total, sri lanka batted under par and still made 233.. so a solid performance should see 270-280 still..

270-280 My Gosh, I will be glad iof we make 233 what the lankans made in the 1st game.

As we are batting 1st so the ball will seam around in the first few overs, it will be interesting to see at what position Afridi will bat.

Dropping is misbah is great but Drooping Yousuf might not be the smartest decision but InshAllah we will win today

Afridi_Fan said:
270-280 My Gosh, I will be glad iof we make 233 what the lankans made in the 1st game.

No be postive and hope of 270-280, your an afridi fan right? so u believe in attacking cricket, so be postive.

I cant believe it, i seriously cannot believe it...good on you Younus well done.....but it does mean one thing, Younus and Malik have to pull there socks up as the experienced batsman and Alam im sure will take number 4...theres you big chance mate...grab it with everything.

And correct me if im wrong but did Younus also defy Intikhab aswell...if he did then well done.....now heres hoping you pull it off.

Last edited:
Bublu Bhuyan said:
I'm still confused over the dropping of Yousuf. What was the motive behind it ?

You think in Pakistan Cricket we make many sane decisions?

Pitch: Different surface from the first game. It hasn't been watered for the last three days, says Ranil Abhinayeke, so it looks quite dry. A score of 225-230 should be very competitive.

Pitch: Different surface from the first game. It hasn't been watered for the last three days, says Ranil Abhinayeke, so it looks quite dry. A score of 225-230 should be very competitive.

Salazar said:

to be honest if pakistan put 225 on the board i wouldnt feel comfortable neither would you? so no 250+ is neccessary

Afridi_Fan said:

beat ya to it.. lol

On contrary I think Malik is much better player than Misbah, but dropping MoYo, I am still not able to understand the logic behind that.

The only thing that can come to mind is his lathergic fielding approach, but in Pakistan Cricket do we really look at fielding?

I am happy to see some youngsters get a chance. But you can not replace a player like M. Yousuf. He did not score much in the first match, but who did. He is a class act, and has the experience. It must have been a tough decision from Younis.

Afridi_Fan said:
On contrary I think Malik is much better player than Misbah, but dropping MoYo, I am still not able to understand the logic behind that.

The only thing that can come to mind is his lathergic fielding approach, but in Pakistan Cricket do we really look at fielding?

This is the 21st century, new captaincy, new rules. Am glad for Younis. A great move.

It's tough to drop players when you are out of form yourself as Younis is these days. It's really hard to justify dropping them when you yourself should be dropped.

He has guts to make such high profile droppings... he could get ripped apart if they lose.

Good to see Younis fielding a much more balanced team, Yousaf's absence is a concern but to honest his fielding is beyond pathetic at this stage and even if we get 80% of his score from someone like Malik, Fawad, or Akmal we would be better off.

undisputed said:
to be honest if pakistan put 225 on the board i wouldnt feel comfortable neither would you? so no 250+ is neccessary

I will take anything above 225, or even 225.You think just by bringing in 2 players we will be able to wave some magic wond and all of a sudden we will score 250+ when we weren't able to score 200 in better batting conditions in the last game?

Ok I dont believe it, someone on crapinfo just said that Nazir should have been in the side ahead of Umar Akmal.

Guess he doesnt have followed the kid, and that means he is not a PP member ;)

Afridi_Fan said:
I will take anything above 225, or even 225.You think just by bringing in 2 players we will be able to wave some magic wond and all of a sudden we will score 250+ when we weren't able to score 200 in better batting conditions in the last game?

My friend nasir jamshed doesn't care about conditions he will smack the ball around the park regardless of the condition. the condition will matter more to players like younus and malik.

As for the dropping of Yousuf, i reckon Younus went with Malik as he is an extra bowling option..thats the only thing i could see and some dude just said its a 220 pitch, may mean conductive to spin...in which case i would take Maliks bat against spinners over Yousuf any day. Its a bold statement but as far as im concerned Malik has always looked better against spin then his team mates, the only problem is that he looks like a complete tailender against quality pace bowling. Not bashing Yousuf, just trying to see the team composition from Younus's eyes becuase Younus could have easily kept Yousuf on the grounds of his v.good record and dropped Malik....but he didn'.t

As for Yousuf...he does have a seniority ego, stuff like "i deserve to play t20 as I am senior" comes to mind...how will he take this?

Last edited:
What ever Pak puts up on the board, the key would be to get rid of Jayasuriya without letting him do any damage. That's the most important thing.

undisputed said:
My friend nasir jamshed doesn't care about conditions he will smack the ball around the park regardless of the condition. the condition will matter more to players like younus and malik.

My Sweet Darling Friend no matter how good he is at smacking it around they dont come much better than Sanath, how did he play in the last game in Dambulla?

Well may be I'm wrong but asking for 250+ is just too much.

Afridi_Fan said:
Ok I dont believe it, someone on crapinfo just said that Nazir should have been in the side ahead of Umar Akmal.

Guess he doesnt have followed the kid, and that means he is not a PP member ;)
:))) I read that comment as well. If Nazir had been brought in for Yousuf I would have been furious, thankfully this guy isn't our captain.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
What ever Pak puts up on the board, the key would be to get rid of Jayasuriya without letting him do any damage. That's the most important thing.

I think there are many people to be wary of, not just Jayasuriya.
Sangakarra, Jayawardene and the new guy, Matthews

Bublu Bhuyan said:

I agree although he seemed completely out of form in the last game. He had two dropped catches off his batting yet he still got out, so he certainly is not feeling confident right now.

pakistan looses the toss.. Sril Lanka are going to bowl first. YK says Misbah and Yousuf aren't playing. Umar Akmal is in.

Sanga says the pitch is going to do something early. YK says that for him there is no problem batting first or last, because they are struggling anyways. :))

I like the look of this team. A completely new team seems on the cards here. Hopefully, will bring new fortunes with it.

Akmal Sr.
Jamshed
Afridi
Alam
Younis
Akmal Jr.
Malik
Razzaq
Gul
Aamer
Ajmal

Seriously I cant see a logic place for I Nazir in our ODI team at this moment, well the only thing can be drop Malik too and ask nasir and nazir to open but I cant see that happening.

Having said that I would have never thought that YK will drop MoYo and Misbah for Nasir and Umar.

Salazar said:
I think there are many people to be wary of, not just Jayasuriya.
Sangakarra, Jayawardene and the new guy, Matthews
All the other guys you named are good innings builders but if Jayasuriya sets them the stage/platform, there is no stopping them. He is the one who can cause maximum damage in minimum time.

I would have dropped malik instead of yousaf, but i will take it

wOW
Malik instead of Moyo in which universe does that make sense

Zeenix said:
Sanga says the pitch is going to do something early. YK says that for him there is no problem batting first or last, because they are struggling anyways. :))

:)))

Imy said:
wOW
Malik instead of Moyo in which universe does that make sense

And the answer is Paakistan Cricket.

Ab Electra mera hua?

muhammad.kamran said:
you did not mention about Murali.....

I'm mentioning about their batsmen..

As of bowlers, ALL come to mind. We should be wary of alll of them, even Jayasuriya's bowling :D

Salazar said:

As of bowlers, ALL come to mind. We should be wary of alll of them, even Jayasuriya's bowling :D

Murali the batsman he is reffering to man.It was Murali The Batsman who cost us the last game not Murali the bowler.

Salazar said:

He was being sarcastic, remember Murali's batting in the last game ?

someone here was saying that Nasir will smash them, has he really smashed them?

Koi baat nahi better luck next time.

Nasir Jamshed is completely out of form. He did bad in the warm up game and he has done poorly today.

Good to see Younis taking the opening slot, instead of sending Fawad in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back