Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Colombo | 6/18/12 | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
fielding has cost pakistan this game

whatmore is such a waste of space

we have gone backwards..we are normally the master of these situations

Pakistan win :pkflag:

Where is that match fixer 's friend ? I want to beat him up

You can see that the IPL has affected Angelo Mathews now that he is able to do these daring IPL-style chases.

The only team who can't chase properly are Pakistan who don't play the IPL. Jai IPL!

pathetic by Sami. Shocked. That should be the end of Sami's career. Awful awful bowler. Single handedly cost us the game

Lankans win. What a knock from Mathews... WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

should this be the last over of his career? what a pathetic cricketer

Last edited:
This proves my point to all the cricket fan, Misbah is not a good captain. The only reason Pakistan won against England was superior bowling and turning wickets. Misbah should not be a captain. He might justify his position in the team but I think it is time for him to go

You never know this choke by Sami could be a good thing. Just like how Ajmal got thrashed by Hussey in the last over in the T20 semi final, Ajmal went on to become a better bowler.

Congrats to Pakistan for clinching yet another defeat from the jaws of victory. Well done Sri Lanka!

This defeat is like the one in the semi final of t20 2010. Our bowlers are struggling to defend 15-17 runs off 6 balls

Bringing SAMI back, does that mean Pakistan has no good young fast bowler that we have to give him a chance again. I think he should not be any pakistani team

I thought Ajmal was rested? who is the right mind would pick SAMI over ajmal, is that what happened?

We need to draft in a new seam attack. Mohammed Talha, Zia-ul-Haq and Sadaf Hussain are the future not Gul and Sami

that should b in end of sami in ODI .... saed ajmals 10 over could have been soo vital i blame our :misbah captaan for loss today no one else

You can see that the IPL has affected Angelo Mathews now that he is able to do these daring IPL-style chases.

The only team who can't chase properly are Pakistan who don't play the IPL. Jai IPL!

Yet IPL couldn't help you save your face from being thrashed by Australia in the test series, couldn't help you from not ending up in last place in the CB series, couldn't help you in the Asia Cup. GTFO troll.

Don't press the panic button over Whatmore as he needs time bringing his style to the team. He does not shy away from dropping big personalities in the dressing room

that should b in end of sami in ODI .... saed ajmals 10 over could have been soo vital i blame our :misbah captaan for loss today no one else

We seriously have to get rid of Misbah, he is bringing negative intensity to Pakistani team, why would let SAMI bowl the last over. That is just pethetic

What an exciting match! Sad that poor bowling option taken by Misbah at the end cost the match.
Bowling change dept. for last 11 over was terrible. All credit must go to Angelo, for his Angelic batting to recuce and win the match for SL.

Last edited:
Umar Gul did not set himself in a blaze of glory. He is getting worse everytime he plays. He's a liabilty and a top passenger to carry. He's dead weight. This playing 11 has too much dead weight

Don't press the panic button over Whatmore as he needs time bringing his style to the team. He does not shy away from dropping big personalities in the dressing room
You are correct, he dropped Ajmal today. He is taking us backwards

Youd have to be pretty blind to think he "SINGLE HANDEDLY" cost us the game
The other four bowlers bowled well. Sami went for 75 in 9.4. 0 wickets and went for 16 in four balls at the end. That is what you called single handedly losing us the game

What an exciting match! Sad that poor bowling option taken by Misbah at the end.
Bowling change for last 11 over was terrible.

I think that may have been done intentionally by Misbah, He knew Sami would bottle it and he wanted him to so he can be out of the team. They all know he is not good enough and is a liability.

But in his defence, had he changed the bowlers around a bit this was still going to happen.

Because I dont think you have noticed this but the Sri Lankans intentionally went after Sami because they knew they could. Other than him, they had identified Gul as the other bowler they could score against. So even if Sami had bowled earlier they would have still gone after him and leaked runs. Of course anything could have happened and he could have taken a wicket as well but the way he bowled under pressure, he cannot get a wicket to save his life.

Pakistan screwed up with dropping Ajmal. He would have done better I suspect.

We SHOULD have got more runs. But Sami bowled rubbish dollies at the end of the inning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back